122 replies to this topic

Ceeb #21 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 34446 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 14 January 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

You never actually own a WoT account.

You merely look after it for the next generation.

Image result for patek philippe ad

So when you passing it on to get the stats improved :)

Plesoiu_Ionut #22 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27968 battles

1. RNG

2. Premium ammo

3. EBR's

4. 3 arties/game

Rati_Festa #23 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51065 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I agree with first 3 points... theres far to much going on, sniffs a bit of desperation of just throwing every idea in front of the customer.

As a premium tank buyer and owner of the m10 I was a bit annoyed at them not only offering the tank but then also not offering me an alternative option. That is just a weird thing to do... annoying the paying customers.

WV - I dont mind playing them or fighting them, but I do think they have been bad for the game. The core "casual" playing group dont like them, I would have much preferred they just tweaked the existing lights and made them more balanced.

The game for me is "addictive" but not in a one more game way once you reach a certain number of games, its more the fear of being left behind or going backwards, it always amazes me when I see players with 40k games and 45% wr... I would have given up a long time ago. All I can conclude from that is that the game is obviously addictive in different ways for different types of players.

I think WOT in general would be far better with a map overhaul, as an experienced player if they want to keep me they need to be pumping a map an update out. The current map rotation is very stale and is WOTs biggest current flaw.

Ceeb #24 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 34446 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostRati_Festa, on 14 January 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

I agree with first 3 points... theres far to much going on, sniffs a bit of desperation of just throwing every idea in front of the customer.

As a premium tank buyer and owner of the m10 I was a bit annoyed at them not only offering the tank but then also not offering me an alternative option. That is just a weird thing to do... annoying the paying customers.

WV - I dont mind playing them or fighting them, but I do think they have been bad for the game. The core "casual" playing group dont like them, I would have much preferred they just tweaked the existing lights and made them more balanced.

The game for me is "addictive" but not in a one more game way once you reach a certain number of games, its more the fear of being left behind or going backwards, it always amazes me when I see players with 40k games and 45% wr... I would have given up a long time ago. All I can conclude from that is that the game is obviously addictive in different ways for different types of players.

I think WOT in general would be far better with a map overhaul, as an experienced player if they want to keep me they need to be pumping a map an update out. The current map rotation is very stale and is WOTs biggest current flaw.

This sums it perfectly for me,  So in a few days time when I get enough reward points I can either sell my M10 or and get it back in a reward. or take the 7 days, The 7 days is > than the M10 IMO.

As for the WVs,  I've said my piece on them. they have a -ve effect on the game again my opinion.   Its like WG really dont play thier own game

Schepel #25 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:47 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66757 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 14 January 2020 - 11:09 AM, said:

you are not the first one:

http://forum.worldof...5#entry17504955

but I'm honest, I wrote "for the moment" ;-)

but it's quite possible that will be a very extended moment

It is always good to remember it is a game. We play games for various reasons, but chief amongst these is FUN. If you are not having fun, take a break. Play something else. WOT will be there when you feel like playing tanks again. And if you don't, well, that is fine, too.

A suggestion if you really like the tactical sort of thing: have a look at battle brothers. A good friend of mine gifted it to me and I am sorry to say our usual platooning suffered because of it. I am playing it much more than I am playing tanks. (And I needed a HUGE break after the 279e missions.)

Edited by Schepel, 14 January 2020 - 02:47 PM.

unhappy_bunny #26 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:50 PM

Brigadier

• 20619 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 14 January 2020 - 10:02 AM, said:

I have stopped playing for now, with over 270 days of premium left on my account because I am fed up with WoT.

I think roflstomps, failteams, RNG, matchmaking, arty, premium ammo and OP/broken premium tanks have already been amply discussed, that's why I will write about some of the deeper reasons that made me stop playing - maybe some readers will be able to relate.

1- too many events/missions/rewards:

there are just too many things to do. when not spending the time on missions or events with interesting rewards, I felt like "missing out" on stuff, so I felt coerced into playing. It's not a rational, I understand, but it's the feeling.

The feeling of not being able to keep up.

There are a lot of missions I agree, but many are spread over time and do not have to be completed in one session. Many player, judging from some threads, seem to think everything must be done a quickly as possible.

​Personally, ​I don't. I trundle along quite happily and if I complete a mission that's great, if I don't, if I run out of time, well that's just too bad. It was never the most important thing. As long as I am enjoying the battles, then that is the main thing, and by enjoying I mean coming away at the end feeling that I have played as well as I could and did my best. Winning is the icing on the cake.  

2- too many free premium tanks:

there were some tanks that were almost given away for free, such as the T-34-85M, and then they started tank rewards, at first there were tier 3, tier 4 and tier 5 tanks, and now they started giving out tier 7 tanks.

this devalues the content of my garage. years ago, I did some missions to get those tier 3 and tier 4, 5 tanks, but now they are practically given away to anyone who plays enough. I had put some effort in to get some of these tanks, but now... it feels like it was in vain.

​I can understand a player who works at a mission or event to earn a Premium Vehicle that is specific to that mission would feel frustration when that same vehicle is made easy for everyone to obtain, either given away or sold. That is a bad move by WG. It is an example of WG listening to a section of the player base, usually the players who want everything now. It was a mistake, but often what is done cannot be easily undone. 

3- frustrating missions:

many missions there require to win, but this is so team dependent. the other day I had 8 losses in a row trying to complete my daily premium mission "win and be in the top 5 by damage". For these 8 losses, I was always in the top 3, but the matchmaking made me WASTE far over an hour of my life trying to get this mission done before I threw the towel and swore to myself to not WASTE my time with WoT again.

Again, this is a matter of time. Some players want to complete every mission in the shortest possible time and get frustrated when they can't. This can lead to mistakes in their play, that they don't notice, but lead to a loss or losses. Most daily missions I ignore, I just get on and play and at some point that mission gets completed. I prefer to concentrate of the battle and trying to do my best rather than striving to meet the conditions of the mission. 

4- changes in game dynamics and pace:

I think WoT should be a tactical game. Slower paced than the mainstream FPS, brain more important than reflexes, but also moves that made (mostly) sense from a tactical standpoint. Now we got yoloing wheeled tanks with zero instincts of self-preservation.

I agree that WoT should be seen as a tactical game, that the brain should be as important as the reflexes, but again, as we have seen in many threads, there are players who seem to want WoT to become a "fast paced shoot-em up" style of game. I hope and pray that never happens. It seems the this game, that once appealed to a certain type of player, has attracted players who demand changes because it doesn't match they style of game they are used to. Rather than change their style of play they want the game to change.

5- Teamplay required when there is no team:

some maps (such as Empire's border) require teamplay in order to not win by pure luck. There are many other situations that take teamplay as granted, for example missions where the team is required to shoot your spots/immobilizations or missions that require to win. Problem: there is no team. The game feels sometimes like playing vs. 29 other players.

​There are instances of team playin this game, sadly few and far between, but when they occur the game becomes great again. I lay the responsibility for this at the feet of the players. Too many are concerned by missions. Too many feel they have to play a certain way. They don't stop to think about what they are doing and they expect everyone else to play their way, They want to be the hero, not the assistant. An example of this was yesterday on Empires Border (by chance as you mention that map). I was low tier in the KTC so I followed the heavies and gave support, shooting tracks after they has shot and pulled back. I also saw other flank fall, so returned to base to recap, even tempting a capper pursue me into the fire of a covering TD. I then acted as wing-man for a KV-2 as we approached the enemy base, or TD remaining behind to cover our base and give warning. By doing so we managed to cap out for a 12-12 win. I wasn't the hero, although I managed 1 kill, got lot of assist dmg, recap and cap points, but that didn't matter. Well, that's my attitude to the game, and I know its not everyones. Kills and DMG seem to be the only things that matter to some players and that is not conducive to team play.

EDIT:

6- and oh yeah, there is also the time issue. it just take too much time to get anything done in WoT. Missions? grind. Campaigns? grind. Tanks? grind. Train a crew? grind. Daily premium missions? grind. I feel like player dedicating just one hour per day should be able to get 90% of the game content if skilled enough. WoT is way too grindy to achieve things in a reasonable amount of time.

Yes it does take time to do missions, to get equipment, crews trained, and tanks researched, but that to me is part of the appeal of Wot. I see WoT as a long term game and I like that about it. But what is a reasonable amount of time? How long should it take to get a crew to 2 or 3 skills/perks? How long to gain the xp to unlock the next tank? A day? A week? What is reasonable to one player might be too slow of another. Once more it is down to the attitude of the player and what they expect the game to be. 

Sorry about the amount to text I added, but I felt the need to throw my 2p into the discussion and also apologies for putting my responses within the quoted text, its just I find it easier to address points that way.

xGyilkosx #27 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18293 battles

Then only thing I don't like about the missions is when people that might not have much time to play, events like now makes you feel you have to decide doing one or another because you can't do both.

For example now we have the tanks rewards missions and the cooldwon missions, in tanks rewards you have to play with lowers tiers like 2,3,4,5 and in one mission of cooldown you need to do damage, in lower tiers you won't do much damage and tiers 2,3 doesn't count for the cooldown mission. And yes I know you don't need to do all missions everyday but I am talking about people that hasn't much time to play or can't play everyday.

I would enjoy more events if things like that didn't happen

OnTheVerge #28 Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8896 battles

I've played on and off for the past 6 or so years.

Last time I quit was January 2019, right after the holiday event.

I quit because of two reasons:

1. Too little progress.

2. Too little satisfaction in gameplay.

Let me explain:

Too little progress meant that I hated how much it took me to grind to a new tank. I don't get premium account, but I have hundreds of personal reserves, and usually I just turn on +100% Combat Exp, +300% Crew Exp, and +300% Free Exp, and play like that for an hour or two, usually with two tanks max (playing the other when the first one is dead in battle). But it still didn't give me a sense of progress. With such limited gameplay, it felt like it took a month for me to progress from tier 7 to tier 8. Two months for tier 8 to tier 9. And then I'm stuck with 10 tier 9 tanks that I can't be bothered to play because no matter how much I play, it felt like I was making no progress.

But hey, we don't play this game only to unlock new tanks, right? We play it because its also fun to play in general. Well, not always.

Sometimes you just can't win a game. And sometimes this happens 4 or 5 times in a row.  You eventually get those close games everybody likes, where you can have the most impact, and can end the game with an ace tanker badge, with 1200+exp game. But when I finally get to this game, I feel frustrated. I feel that I deserve to win and have a good game because I unfairly lost the previous few. And because of that I don't play my best. I miss shots, I forget to look at the minimap, I get too focused on my allies mistakes, and get even more frustrated. Ofc, that game is lost too, but now its my fault. Which in turn gets me even more angry. But hey, I can't stop playing now, I activated all those personal reserves, and I didn't even get my x2 of the day. Then I finally win, because it was another one of those 15-2 matches, and I barely did any damage. My x2 with 3 active boosters got me +1000 exp in total, when the minimum I would have settled for is 3000.

So I feel bad.

The next day, I start off with the same attitude, and even if I'm lucky with my shots, my games and my plays, I only get the x2, and I get to another tank, because now my mindset is: I am having a rough time, and I am not enjoying the game enough to play the same tank over and over. I just want to get x2 so its not wasted, and tomorrow will be better.

But its not better. And getting one x2 victory every day means unlocking the next tier in a few years basically. I have nothing to look forward to, and I'm not enjoying the current state of affairs, so I stop playing. After about a month of not playing, I log back in to see what is up, and I see that nothing has changed, I'm still not having fun. In the end, I just delete the game when I need the space for something else.

After a few months, the bad stuff fades, and I remember all the good moments, so I start contemplating re-installing WoT. Another few months pass, and I start watching youtube content again. And then a few months after that, I see that a big event is coming, and I re-install the game to make use of it, and to relive the glory days.

This is what happens every year. But this holiday event was extremely good, I unlocked the Maus, E100, GWE100, STB-1 by cutting in half my endless tier 9 grinds, and I got to T110E4 in just a few days from scratch. Now I'm playing T110E4 because that is the first tier 10 that I actually quite enjoy playing, as the 750 alpha gives satisfaction, and slows down the gameplay to relaxed levels for me. When I'm not playing T110E4, I'm grinding silver with premiums, to be able to eventually buy the unlocked tier 10 tanks. The credits booster during the event was insane, and I was able to get 160k+ credits after every other game with t8 premiums, so even when I was grinding normal tanks with an occasional premium game in between, I earned easily over 2mil credits a day.

Holiday event is over now, but I am enjoying the game again (with T110E4), and the only thing I need to get the tanks I waited for so long is silver, which I get easily in tanks that are usually fun to play (Strv1, Skorpion, IS-3A).

When the grind gets too slow, and I stop enjoying the game, the boomer player will stop and wait, hibernating until the next holiday season, when the feast will begin again.

Flicka #29 Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23623 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

For me the game itself has lost a bit of attraction due to some vehicle characteristics, maps and lack of balance.

But the gameplay has suffered a lot from really poor play from frankly too big of a number of players.

And too often seems like work more then fun, the amount of stuff as a player you have to do in 1 match to cover all the others that will probably do nothing is just a bit too much to have fun.

But there are other fish in the sea, just find something that will bring you that joy and keep this around, things might change.

TOMATO_PATROL #30 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 52166 battles
Now we got yoloing wheeled tanks with zero instincts of self-preservation.  Why you need self -preservation if you have tires what absorbs everything. No armour needed:trollface: Yes there is no more relaxation while playing. In open maps in heavy tank you're spotted by one of those Wheeled Ferrari's and then toasted by incoming shells. GG   It looks more like counter-strike/ Colin Mcreae rally. than a game about tanks planning and strategy.

shikaka9 #31 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 74588 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Finally someone who cares about people :honoring:

LethalWalou #32 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33961 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostChimpanzee_IQ, on 14 January 2020 - 04:21 PM, said:

if you have tires what absorbs everything. No armour needed

The wheels still do not absorb any shells, no matter how much you try to claim they do.

TheJ4ckal #33 Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3106 battles

You are showing all the signs of addiction.

Playing for fun would solve all your problems. You clearly have enough tanks, so you dont need to compete\grind\mission for anything more.

Dont look at the missions tab, pick your favourite tank and go kick some arse. You are also showing FOMO which is a lead in to addiction.

And the reason the tankrewards are good (still not super easy to get, especially this time round), is because the chasm between the good and bad players is massive in this game, and is half the reason you complain about crapteams all the time.

Personally until I got aT7 and T8 tank I found it difficult to play a useful part in games. Its [edited]saying noobs have to do their time at lower tiers because the gameplay is completely different. It's like rich people telling poor people how much money they need.

IntruderFI #34 Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52054 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostGardar7, on 14 January 2020 - 01:11 PM, said:

I don't grind and I don't care about missions. I just play occasionally for fun. I think the problem is that you have taken it too seriously, this is just a game. 

And its painfully obvious.

Geoffrey_Ironfist #35 Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30628 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

View PostValkyrionX, on 14 January 2020 - 11:22 AM, said:

The only real reason why someone stops playing a game is because the world of videogames offers new titles every day as it is a constantly changing global market and users love to try new games, leaving the previous ones.

Except for what you say about the missions, they are frustrating and can be mangy, I don't agree with what you say.

I quit playing for several weeks because of pathetic teams. I actually went back to playing a game from 2007. I see no other reason for stopping playing a team game except for pathetic team-ups, I mean if you like it at all.

Just imagine another team game, let's say football, in which you are being teamed up with a random cross-section of society, different random folks in every match, children, old men, people who have only seen football on TV, the blind, deaf and infirm, Parkinson's patients, people who cannot afford to buy shoes, etc, no matter how much you like that game eventually you are going to give up, assuming you care about winning. In addition to all that, WoT must be the only team game in which many people don't seem to have realised you are supposed to try to win.

Edited by Geoffrey_Ironfist, 14 January 2020 - 09:52 PM.

I_Gutmensch_Deluxe_I #36 Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19523 battles
  • [NASO] NASO

Reasons why i stop playing in the past...

1. Arta

2. A-r-t-a

3. The last Break for almost 2 Years: A-R-T-A (and a little bit MM but it got fixed)

The next Time will be Arta + Wheelchairs.

TANKIE_RN #37 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1527 battles

I don't want to teach WG how to suck eggs but (there's always a but!!) have you looked at Quickie Baby's suggestion to keep players in the game with some changes to Teir's 1 - 3? If you have looked at these changes and found them not to be workable I apologize for wasting your time.

Many thanks Anwar

djciolos5 #38 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1839 battles
  • [DR-RO] DR-RO

What if we would leave the game "en masse" ? 

I already don't play it anymore, but how would it be to unisnstall the game all in same day, let's say 30 th of January ?

So that they have like 20 000 unisntall feedbacks in a day?

Now that would make them think twice, about abandoning the Team Battles!

Bring Team Battles back

TANKIE_RN #39 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1527 battles

View Postdjciolos5, on 14 January 2020 - 09:15 PM, said:

I already don't play it anymore, but how would it be to unisnstall the game all in same day, let's say 30 th of January ?

Bring Team Battles back

I don't feel that would be helpful as you would get very little if any support.

Echotun #40 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23536 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View Postdjciolos5, on 14 January 2020 - 10:15 PM, said:

Bring Team Battles back

Why on earth would I want to do that? Despite its flaws I love playing this game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users