• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

Randomar #221 Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32245 battles

View Postspamhamstar, on 13 October 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

[...]

As for the WN8 score being designed to focus on the elite of the game, perhaps that requires some more thought.  The very bad (black) category accounts for everyone under 300 wn8, which should equate to the super unicum category (dark purple) for everyone over 2899 WN8.  

[...]

Presumably, if there was an even distribution amongst player ability, WN8 would still result in a bell curve. 

[...]

In that chart we can see the range for the WN8 rate starting at 0.
Ask yourself if it is feasible to have a WN8 of zero in World of Tanks, when even the afk bots are rewarded. All that this value says, is that 14 other players are was able to carry a game, they can even win, if one is afk.

So, I'd say, the chart should start at a WN8 of 300 because is not a reflexion of the performance of one single "black" player.

WN8 is a visualisation, only a attempt to make the experience visible in colors, for example in a pie chart. In a pie chart, dude!

This visualization only draws the colors of all players into a curve line, preferably a Bell curve, without taking the peculiarities into account. Have you ever heard of players who never play random? Already heard of experience-ammo only? Do you know players who reset their account for money

Black isn't meant as a color there, it is the absolute bottom range of gamers that are clueless, retarded, babies or bots.

Citation: which should equate to the super unicum category...

...only because it need to be a Bell-curve in your thinking.

LethalWalou #222 Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37119 battles

View Poststormermp, on 17 October 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

Ye i know it is like the GAME is becoming a shitshow and people are ACTUALLY still PAYING for WoT smh.

I bet that's just pissing you off, royally. The game just won't fail no matter how you root for it to fail. :)

View Poststormermp, on 17 October 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

This game won't last 3 or 5 years LOL and that is completely fine with me.

This would honestly be excellent for the game if it does indeed survive 5 more years. At this rate, I can't see it dying that fast though, most likely it will run even longer.

Edited by LethalWalou, 17 October 2020 - 10:36 PM.

CausticSoda #223 Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49363 battles
  • [-G0M-] -G0M-

Lack of enjoyment will be the main driver. This game isnt fresh any more, not surprising with it being such an age. It has and is doing very welll overall.

Personally I hope that it carries on being developed well but I admit I think WGing attitude is ironically very capitalist (too much imo), they appear to be trying to cover the loss of numbers with milking the ones left even more which will cascade if they are not careful. I think they need to get used to less customers and less revenue.

Still say the same thing, if you are not enjoying the game then go find something that you will enjoy.

Lots of the MMO's made a new fortune with doing vanilla versions but that didnt work well with WoT.

ZlatanArKung #224 Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostRandomar, on 17 October 2020 - 10:29 PM, said:

In that chart we can see the range for the WN8 rate starting at 0.
Ask yourself if it is feasible to have a WN8 of zero in World of Tanks, when even the afk bots are rewarded. All that this value says, is that 14 other players are was able to carry a game, they can even win, if one is afk.

So, I'd say, the chart should start at a WN8 of 300 because is not a reflexion of the performance of one single "black" player.

WN8 is a visualisation, only a attempt to make the experience visible in colors, for example in a pie chart. In a pie chart, dude!

This visualization only draws the colors of all players into a curve line, preferably a Bell curve, without taking the peculiarities into account. Have you ever heard of players who never play random? Already heard of experience-ammo only? Do you know players who reset their account for money

Black isn't meant as a color there, it is the absolute bottom range of gamers that are clueless, retarded, babies or bots.

Citation: which should equate to the super unicum category...

...only because it need to be a Bell-curve in your thinking.

To have wn8 start at 300 you would need a different formula.

Current formula explained. http://forum.worldof...should-drop-by/

So, if you want to start wn8 at 300, you just have to add 300 at the end. Though this would just mean all players get 300 higher wn8.

The reason why players dont have 0 wn8 is also obvious from the formula. Players do actually win games, sometimes do dmg and sometimes kill someone, no matter how bad they are, and thus, they get rewarded with wn8 points.

The reason why the playerbase have a normal distribution of wn8 comes from the fact that humans have a normal distribution in skill in WoT. 

dw321 #225 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7615 battles
  • [5K5] 5K5

View PostLethalWalou, on 14 January 2020 - 12:36 PM, said:

But gets frustrated because there is too much free stuff...

OP it's okay to burn out on a game, and one should definitely take a time off now and again. You'll be back at some point. WoT is love, WoT is life.

WOT is nowhere near as good as it was 6 months ago. he may be back, he may not. WoT is hate,WoT is death to brain cells

have you seen the levels of hate and racism on general chat? or even in messages sent by other players? 

this game needs a big shake up, and soon or it will go the way of the dinosaurs and i, for one, won't miss it

InCole #226 Posted 26 October 2020 - 09:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12798 battles
  • [BAAAH] BAAAH

View PostSnaques, on 14 October 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

Wait, what?! :amazed:

I would say if anything, they have made the progress way too easy. Since I started playing, they have added bunch of opportunities to get reserves and premium days and to top it off they introduced blueprints as well. These changes have meant that you now have a ton of new players with bad crews playing tier 9-10 games and being completely lost. The quality of the higher tier games has truly plummeted over the past few years. I think the beauty of the slower progression was that it taught players to play on lower tiers before you got to higher tiers, not the case anymore.

I also don't really see your point on monetization. There is literally nothing wrong with a company to make money as long as it doesn't compromise the product. They are offering tons of credit boosters, free premium tanks, premium days and credits. Sure f2p will still struggle to play higher tiers, but if anything the situation has only gotten better. You don't even need premium tanks for crew training since they introduced crew books and FL just prints credits.

My literal point is that they are taking monetisation too far and it IS compromising the product. It seems with each new major update they add new monetisation streams while still ignoring the fact they have old and outdated monetisation streams still in the game.

InCole #227 Posted 26 October 2020 - 10:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12798 battles
  • [BAAAH] BAAAH

View PostCausticSoda, on 14 October 2020 - 06:24 PM, said:

All my tanks unlocked, personally I would prefer that it was longer, seems really quick to get from 1 to 10 if you want to race it and not too worried about your stats if you buy boosters, fragments and X5's plus you can burn free xp. Hardest was the change to equipment 2, that is hurting me badly with so many tanks.

Where do you get your information that it takes 2-3 times longer as I really dont see it.

Shared between games, personally I never thought that would be a good idea as balancing the rate of free xp in different games would be a struggle.

Why would cosmetics be free? MOst people would prefer that the basis for the game is that it is as free to play as possible and paying just speeds up your advance and allows for cosmetics. Much better than some of the things that they have added that are not possible or very difficult to a pay to win player than happen their ability to win in games. Quickybaby has run a free to play account that only gets prem days etc from events etc, yes he is good so he can win enough credits to play at tier 10 (I struggle for credits sometimes with a paid account!) so it is techincally possible. A company is paying money (or actually the paying customers are subsidising your playtime), not much sympathy for what people dont get though I like the concept of it being a pay to win if you have the dedication/skill.

WT E100 - I believe that you could get enough Waffle keys without spending money?

Yes WGing might be on the down straight but there are plenty of games that are still running with loyal playerbases but greatly reduced as new players want something new and shiny.

WG charges for everything now so yes, something should be free as they have added too many monetisation streams to the game. Cosmetics being a simple change and one that War Thunder adopted from day 1 (cosmetics in that game use in-game currency NOT premium currency).

I can't remember when it happened but it made quite the outcry when it did happen. Somewhere you can still find videos from all the major figures in the community - QB, MightyJingles, etc.... complaining about the reduced XP earning per battle and they also went through Wargaming's justification at the time (which as I said was because WG found lower tiers were struggling to get matches at that time). They offset this change now but by monetising it. So if you pay money you can earn almost as much credits and XP as you used to be able to.

Anyway the OP asked a question I answered. Blind fandom won't prevent other players from leaving the game, just because you can ignore what WG is doing and has been doing for a long time doesn't mean others are blind to it.

But I will tell you this, if WG keeps pushing their luck they will eventually kill this game. EA kept getting increasingly greedy with monetisation and it backfired massively on them on SW Battlefront 2. Heck even Activision had to dial down the monetisation on their COD games. COD MW has a lot less monetisation in it than the games that preceded it.

You can't tell me with so many hours invested in this game you have become blind to the monetisation that has crept in over the years since you started.

Please note, I am NOT saying monetisation is bad. It has its place but there is a line and the more WG monetises the more they creep further past that line (they passed that line when they first monetised ammunition with gold ammo and ever since then they have just kept going further and further passed the line). Premium ammo while no longer monetised still is a broken mechanic that needs fixed. Ammo should have different attributes and not just be better and cost more. This is one of the few things that War Thunder tanks gets right.

HassenderZerhacker #228 Posted 27 October 2020 - 05:08 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32130 battles

View PostCausticSoda, on 17 October 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

Lack of enjoyment will be the main driver. This game isnt fresh any more, not surprising with it being such an age. It has and is doing very welll overall.

Personally I hope that it carries on being developed well but I admit I think WGing attitude is ironically very capitalist (too much imo), they appear to be trying to cover the loss of numbers with milking the ones left even more which will cascade if they are not careful. I think they need to get used to less customers and less revenue.

Still say the same thing, if you are not enjoying the game then go find something that you will enjoy.

Lots of the MMO's made a new fortune with doing vanilla versions but that didnt work well with WoT.

Lack of enjoyment, yes, but not for the reasons you mention.

Fact is, WG has steadily been making the game worse since I started to play, so I quit playing.

I had taken up World of Warships, but guess what, the same thing happened there, so I quit WoWs too.

2 tactically interesting games turned into dogpoo.

qpranger #229 Posted 27 October 2020 - 05:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
I stopped playing WOT apart from Frontline because much to my surprise (and the disbelief of oh so many on here) that other tank game turned out to be more enjoyable.

Snaques #230 Posted 27 October 2020 - 06:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38381 battles

View PostInCole, on 26 October 2020 - 09:48 PM, said:

My literal point is that they are taking monetisation too far and it IS compromising the product. It seems with each new major update they add new monetisation streams while still ignoring the fact they have old and outdated monetisation streams still in the game.

They are adding monetized content, but they are also adding free content. I don't see how the f2p game play would've gotten any worse. I mean poor standard of games, arties and wheelies are just as big of a PITA for all.

HassenderZerhacker #231 Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32130 battles

View Postqpranger, on 27 October 2020 - 05:23 PM, said:

I stopped playing WOT apart from Frontline because much to my surprise (and the disbelief of oh so many on here) that other tank game turned out to be more enjoyable.

updating it now... 26 gigs... ooops

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users