Reasons why people stop playing

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

murn123 #41 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14750 battles

lol all your reasons are wrong. You could not be more wrong if you tried.

The reason ppl stop playing is due to changing meta because wargaming cannot properly balance tanks. Can you imagine grinding out tanks back in 2013 and getting tiger 2 and maybe some american heavy tanks like t32. That player comes back into the game and all his tanks are now crap courtesy of wargaming. I mean wth is he supposed to do against defender in his t32 lol. The only tech tree from the old days that still hold up to this day is is-7, that sweet russian bias. And there you have another reason to quit. Why play the game when it is not fair. And wargaming has doubled down on not making this game fair by introducing op clanwar tanks, equipment for bonds, op premium tanks and so on. 

All the missions and free stuff that you are complaining about is what keeps people playing. God can you imagine if there were no blueprints, no bonus time, no free stuff lottery from battles, no more countless missions, no more personal mission.... Do you have any idea what a shock would be for people to go back to the old days of grinding tanks. I elited my t-43 in just 75 battles. No way you could do that 6 years ago.

Edited by murn123, 14 January 2020 - 11:56 PM.

_cro_magnon #42 Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:02 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36101 battles
  • [EL_SQ] EL_SQ
I usually go on hiatus when meta in randoms becomes unbearable for me. That's the only reason why I ever quit any game really.

insanity4u #43 Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17111 battles

View PostOnTheVerge, on 14 January 2020 - 04:10 PM, said:

I've played on and off for the past 6 or so years.

Last time I quit was January 2019, right after the holiday event.

I quit because of two reasons:

1. Too little progress.

2. Too little satisfaction in gameplay.

Let me explain:

Too little progress meant that I hated how much it took me to grind to a new tank. I don't get premium account, but I have hundreds of personal reserves, and usually I just turn on +100% Combat Exp, +300% Crew Exp, and +300% Free Exp, and play like that for an hour or two, usually with two tanks max (playing the other when the first one is dead in battle). But it still didn't give me a sense of progress. With such limited gameplay, it felt like it took a month for me to progress from tier 7 to tier 8. Two months for tier 8 to tier 9. And then I'm stuck with 10 tier 9 tanks that I can't be bothered to play because no matter how much I play, it felt like I was making no progress.

But hey, we don't play this game only to unlock new tanks, right? We play it because its also fun to play in general. Well, not always.

Sometimes you just can't win a game. And sometimes this happens 4 or 5 times in a row.  You eventually get those close games everybody likes, where you can have the most impact, and can end the game with an ace tanker badge, with 1200+exp game. But when I finally get to this game, I feel frustrated. I feel that I deserve to win and have a good game because I unfairly lost the previous few. And because of that I don't play my best. I miss shots, I forget to look at the minimap, I get too focused on my allies mistakes, and get even more frustrated. Ofc, that game is lost too, but now its my fault. Which in turn gets me even more angry. But hey, I can't stop playing now, I activated all those personal reserves, and I didn't even get my x2 of the day. Then I finally win, because it was another one of those 15-2 matches, and I barely did any damage. My x2 with 3 active boosters got me +1000 exp in total, when the minimum I would have settled for is 3000.

So I feel bad.

The next day, I start off with the same attitude, and even if I'm lucky with my shots, my games and my plays, I only get the x2, and I get to another tank, because now my mindset is: I am having a rough time, and I am not enjoying the game enough to play the same tank over and over. I just want to get x2 so its not wasted, and tomorrow will be better.

But its not better. And getting one x2 victory every day means unlocking the next tier in a few years basically. I have nothing to look forward to, and I'm not enjoying the current state of affairs, so I stop playing. After about a month of not playing, I log back in to see what is up, and I see that nothing has changed, I'm still not having fun. In the end, I just delete the game when I need the space for something else.

After a few months, the bad stuff fades, and I remember all the good moments, so I start contemplating re-installing WoT. Another few months pass, and I start watching youtube content again. And then a few months after that, I see that a big event is coming, and I re-install the game to make use of it, and to relive the glory days.

This is what happens every year. But this holiday event was extremely good, I unlocked the Maus, E100, GWE100, STB-1 by cutting in half my endless tier 9 grinds, and I got to T110E4 in just a few days from scratch. Now I'm playing T110E4 because that is the first tier 10 that I actually quite enjoy playing, as the 750 alpha gives satisfaction, and slows down the gameplay to relaxed levels for me. When I'm not playing T110E4, I'm grinding silver with premiums, to be able to eventually buy the unlocked tier 10 tanks. The credits booster during the event was insane, and I was able to get 160k+ credits after every other game with t8 premiums, so even when I was grinding normal tanks with an occasional premium game in between, I earned easily over 2mil credits a day.

Holiday event is over now, but I am enjoying the game again (with T110E4), and the only thing I need to get the tanks I waited for so long is silver, which I get easily in tanks that are usually fun to play (Strv1, Skorpion, IS-3A).

When the grind gets too slow, and I stop enjoying the game, the boomer player will stop and wait, hibernating until the next holiday season, when the feast will begin again.

Same here for me. When the grind slows down I have no will to play at all.

I also managed to get tons of tanks during the holiday event, but right now I am almost losing interest. Trying to log in daily for the tank rewards and get some exp on 4-5 tanks I am trying to get to tier 8 for frontline.

What currently frustrates me is the lack of silver. I am to level about 5 tanks from tier 5 to tier 10 and I have left about 600k silver. First I need to get these 5 tanks to tier 8 and that is already more than 15 mil silver. I have no clue where I ll grind that.

tankzman #44 Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 79107 battles
With 14 other players in your team, doing whatever they want... how can it ever be a good game? 

unhappy__bunny #45 Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:16 AM

Brigadier

• 21858 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Posttankzman, on 15 January 2020 - 03:59 AM, said:

With 14 other players in your team, doing whatever they want... how can it ever be a good game? 

Perhaps WG should appoint 1 player, chosen at random, to be team commander and the rest have to follow orders or get penalised.

Would that work? Obviously not, so what is the answer? How do you get 15 random strangers to play together?

1ucky #46 Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:31 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 95088 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 15 January 2020 - 05:16 AM, said:

Perhaps WG should appoint 1 player, chosen at random, to be team commander and the rest have to follow orders or get penalised.

Would that work? Obviously not, so what is the answer? How do you get 15 random strangers to play together?

Give them money and call it a job? :trollface:

Tom_Soop #47 Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55389 battles
1.Missions that can never be completed.

2.Doing 5 kills, more damage than the rest of the team and lose, to see a third of your team did nothing

3.Being bottom tier and seeing your top tier heavy is an idiot/noob/troll

4.RNG making you miss every shot but your team steamrolls anyway

5.RNG leaving their tanks on one hp and you get steamrolled anyway.

6.Too many 44%wr 3k game top tier (8,9,10) players. Should never be allowed to be so influential to the 14 other players fortunes in that game.

7. Forums being overrun with WG shills.

Edited by N00BT00B, 15 January 2020 - 08:27 AM.

Rati_Festa #48 Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53977 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttankzman, on 15 January 2020 - 04:59 AM, said:

Well, you've played 70k + games, I've played 50k + so I assume you must have enjoyed it for a considerable amount of time as I have.

Regarding the "teams", they have always been erratic and therefore a core element of the Random game mode but at the same time much berated, but essentially Randoms and the teams have been the reason the game thrived for years. The game perhaps now needs a permanent alternative game mode to compliment Randoms in which team play is a focus and playing against similarly skilled players so it's a different type of challenge. it may well be Frontline, it desperately needs a lot more maps ( 3 to 5 ) though to be a true alternative imo.

Perhaps a Grand Battles mode but open it up for tiers 7 and above, I'd be quite interested in that. 

resheph73 #49 Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34603 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 14 January 2020 - 10:02 AM, said:

2- too many free premium tanks:

there were some tanks that were almost given away for free, such as the T-34-85M, and then they started tank rewards, at first there were tier 3, tier 4 and tier 5 tanks, and now they started giving out tier 7 tanks.

this devalues the content of my garage. years ago, I did some missions to get those tier 3 and tier 4, 5 tanks, but now they are practically given away to anyone who plays enough. I had put some effort in to get some of these tanks, but now... it feels like it was in vain.

SlyMeerkat #50 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22067 battles
Ive sort of given up on caring and just play for fun, sure i do my best to learn and such but im just going about grinding (which i enjoy) and not caring for numbers, i expect nothing more or less so that way, less tilted and say sod it 

Geoffrey_Ironfist #51 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35896 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

View PostI_Gutmensch_Deluxe_I, on 14 January 2020 - 09:59 PM, said:

Reasons why i stop playing in the past...

1. Arta

2. A-r-t-a

3. The last Break for almost 2 Years: A-R-T-A (and a little bit MM but it got fixed)

The next Time will be Arta + Wheelchairs.

If you quit because of arty maybe you should be playing against marshmellows with your tank

ChristOfTheAbyss #52 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles
There's only one reason why most of my mates quit the game. Arty. Nothing else. You can do something against OP tanks, you can fight 2 tiers lower, but you cant do anything against arty. It will keep pushing people out as long as it exists. 

psychobear #53 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20617 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 15 January 2020 - 10:19 PM, said:

If you quit because of arty maybe you should be playing against marshmellows with your tank

Arty is the most toxic, broken and overall uncalled for mechanic in this game. A cheat class that naturally breaks the fun and enjoyment of gameplay. A fair environment is a prime condition for balance, so the cheat mechanic should be completely removed from the game.

Geoffrey_Ironfist #54 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35896 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 15 January 2020 - 09:23 PM, said:

There's only one reason why most of my mates quit the game. Arty. Nothing else. You can do something against OP tanks, you can fight 2 tiers lower, but you cant do anything against arty. It will keep pushing people out as long as it exists. 

People leave bars full of girls too. Arty is the single most trash class in the game, no armour, no mobility, no turret, no anything. It has nothing going for it. Just compare stats with the garage feature any SPG against any other tank. Go play with arty, it is utterly useless and a total waste of time. It is only worth playing arty for the challenge. It is like saying I quit basketball because of too many short people in the enemy teams bothering me.

I would like to see all other classes given the same trashy stats as arty to make it fair for all.

Edited by Geoffrey_Ironfist, 15 January 2020 - 09:38 PM.

SuperOlsson #55 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26681 battles
  • [_N0D_] _N0D_
Arty has been the number one reason for my breaks, a few times it's been mm and lack of balance (remember tier 8's getting into tier 10 battles literally 80% of the time?) or just getting tired of the game/burnt out due to the long grind of some event.

djciolos5 #56 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1839 battles
  • [DR-RO] DR-RO

Iquit because they ended the Team Battles.

THE best thing this game had, ever.

HassenderZerhacker #57 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32130 battles

View PostTheJ4ckal, on 14 January 2020 - 06:12 PM, said:

You are showing all the signs of addiction.

completely agree !

I went cold turkey.

ChristOfTheAbyss #58 Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 15 January 2020 - 09:30 PM, said:

People leave bars full of girls too. Arty is the single most trash class in the game, no armour, no mobility, no turret, no anything. It has nothing going for it. Just compare stats with the garage feature any SPG against any other tank. Go play with arty, it is utterly useless and a total waste of time. It is only worth playing arty for the challenge. It is like saying I quit basketball because of too many short people in the enemy teams bothering me.

I would like to see all other classes given the same trashy stats as arty to make it fair for all.

Arty can shoot you when you cant shoot it. Remove that and I'd agree with you. 

Indirect fire is most hated mechanic in many games, not just wot. Like mortars in BF. Difference is, Dice listened to their playerbase and removed them, in wot they adjust every single thing, except the indirect fire that makes arty the problem. 

HassenderZerhacker #59 Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:07 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32130 battles

View Postmurn123, on 14 January 2020 - 11:53 PM, said:

lol all your reasons are wrong. You could not be more wrong if you tried.

well, at least I can confirm one thing: modesty would not ever be the cause of your demise

Geoffrey_Ironfist #60 Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35896 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 15 January 2020 - 05:16 AM, said:

They could appoint the most experienced player as a team commander. That would work.

Failing that, WG can separate players into those who want their teams to win and those who don't care because they play for fun or to collect tokens, improve their win8 or whatever, that would also help. They can just provide a tick box for players to tick and then assign them to separate servers, it's all it would take.

Maybe another way to do this would be to not give out any silver every time a team loses but give equal amounts to all who did not get reported every time their team wins.

Edited by Geoffrey_Ironfist, 15 January 2020 - 10:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users