Jump to content


A KV-2, KV-2 R and a HE nerf

KV-2 HE

  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Ratriq #1 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6565 battles
  • 615
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013
I probably don't expect any forumites here to know this but, I quite like my KV-2.

But the inevitable HE nerf is on its way which will change the KV-2s gameplay completely. The thing is though, WG got this motto to never touch premiums when rebalances like this happens, which is why we have some outright OP older premiums.

Thus why I got a lovely KV-2 R here prepared for the HE nerf, but the question I have, I've heard the KV-2 will have it's AP shells buffed to counter the HE nerf, if this is true, do we know if this will apply for the KV-2 R too? since they are two identical tanks as of right now. 

Cobra6 #2 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16562 battles
  • 17,992
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Unless they are planning to give every KV-2 R a full refund in money, they are not going to touch the KV-2 R. Money since this tank has never been for sale for gold so gold compensation is not an option.

 

Since it was bought directly with real money (and not gold) it's a service contract for that vehicle in that configuration/with the statistics it had at purchase time, if the contract is breached, compensation needs to be paid.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 14 January 2020 - 12:41 PM.


WoT_RU_Doing #3 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:29 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 60568 battles
  • 3,465
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostRatriq, on 14 January 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

I probably don't expect any forumites here to know this but, I quite like my KV-2.

But the inevitable HE nerf is on its way which will change the KV-2s gameplay completely. The thing is though, WG got this motto to never touch premiums when rebalances like this happens, which is why we have some outright OP older premiums.

Thus why I got a lovely KV-2 R here prepared for the HE nerf, but the question I have, I've heard the KV-2 will have it's AP shells buffed to counter the HE nerf, if this is true, do we know if this will apply for the KV-2 R too? since they are two identical tanks as of right now. 


At some point in the forum a few months ago, this question WAS asked. I think it was when the ammo rebalancing was first mentioned as a serious possibility. The answer we got from the forum WG reps was that changing the attributes across the entire game (i.e. rebalancing the ammo types) was not seen as a change targeted at a specific tank, so even premium tanks would be affected. However, the rebalancing would also take individual tank types into consideration. As such, my personal expectation is that whatever happens to the KV-2's derp gun will also happen to the KV-2®. 



Cobra6 #4 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16562 battles
  • 17,992
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 14 January 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:


At some point in the forum a few months ago, this question WAS asked. I think it was when the ammo rebalancing was first mentioned as a serious possibility. The answer we got from the forum WG reps was that changing the attributes across the entire game (i.e. rebalancing the ammo types) was not seen as a change targeted at a specific tank, so even premium tanks would be affected. However, the rebalancing would also take individual tank types into consideration. As such, my personal expectation is that whatever happens to the KV-2's derp gun will also happen to the KV-2®. 


This is garbage though since when they removed AP/HEAT ammo from all Arties, they left it on the premium ones.

 

Cobra 6



Gardar7 #5 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 25089 battles
  • 2,505
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011
I have the KV-2® and I would be happy both with keeping it as it is or being refunded. The only unacceptible option is to hit it by nerfhammer and leave it at a miserible place/condition.  

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13802 battles
  • 3,769
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 14 January 2020 - 12:29 PM, said:


At some point in the forum a few months ago, this question WAS asked. I think it was when the ammo rebalancing was first mentioned as a serious possibility. The answer we got from the forum WG reps was that changing the attributes across the entire game (i.e. rebalancing the ammo types) was not seen as a change targeted at a specific tank, so even premium tanks would be affected. However, the rebalancing would also take individual tank types into consideration. As such, my personal expectation is that whatever happens to the KV-2's derp gun will also happen to the KV-2®. 

In fact WG felt the need to exploit this uncertainty by selling the KV-2R the day after the HE changes were announced... rather than to communicate.



Ratriq #7 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6565 battles
  • 615
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostCobra6, on 14 January 2020 - 11:27 AM, said:

Unless they are planning to give every KV-2 R a full refund in money, they are not going to touch the KV-2 R. Money since this tank has never been for sale for gold so gold compensation is not an option.

 

Since it was bought directly with real money (and not gold) it's a service contract for that vehicle in that configuration/with the statistics it had at purchase time, if the contract is breached, compensation needs to be paid.

 

Cobra 6

I'm not talking about if the KV-2 R will have it's HE shells "rebalanced" but if it will get the same AP shells as the normal KV-2 since they are getting buffed and AP shells are quite important for us KV-2 players since how effective they can be if used right.

11:51 Added after 0 minute

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 14 January 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:


At some point in the forum a few months ago, this question WAS asked. I think it was when the ammo rebalancing was first mentioned as a serious possibility. The answer we got from the forum WG reps was that changing the attributes across the entire game (i.e. rebalancing the ammo types) was not seen as a change targeted at a specific tank, so even premium tanks would be affected. However, the rebalancing would also take individual tank types into consideration. As such, my personal expectation is that whatever happens to the KV-2's derp gun will also happen to the KV-2®. 

Wait, your not actually suggesting the HE ammo is going to get touched on the KV-2 R too?



MeetriX #8 Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:31 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25172 battles
  • 4,218
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

Give AP more pen, splash and a stun and we have a deal. 

 

Bring back the ELC AMX too.:izmena:



SovietBias #9 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40010 battles
  • 1,844
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013
I hope they bin the entire HE rework instead.

Homer_J #10 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:53 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33364 battles
  • 36,956
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostCobra6, on 14 January 2020 - 11:39 AM, said:


This is garbage though since when they removed AP/HEAT ammo from all Arties, they left it on the premium ones.

 

Cobra 6

 

But when they changed the HE mechanic last time round they treat premium tanks the same as every other one.

 

Bets are off until the common test hits.



LittleLara #11 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 52781 battles
  • 128
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    02-04-2013

View PostCobra6, on 14 January 2020 - 12:27 PM, said:

Since it was bought directly with real money (and not gold) it's a service contract for that vehicle in that configuration/with the statistics it had at purchase time, if the contract is breached, compensation needs to be paid.

 

Cobra 6

No. it's not a breach. you pay to be able to play the tank, it's not yours. 



Cobra6 #12 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:24 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16562 battles
  • 17,992
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostRatriq, on 14 January 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

I'm not talking about if the KV-2 R will have it's HE shells "rebalanced" but if it will get the same AP shells as the normal KV-2 since they are getting buffed and AP shells are quite important for us KV-2 players since how effective they can be if used right.

 

 

Yeah, buffing is ok since it makes it better.

 

View PostHomer_J, on 14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM, said:

 

But when they changed the HE mechanic last time round they treat premium tanks the same as every other one.

 

Bets are off until the common test hits.

 

Because last time it was a buff to HE mechanics, unless we are talking about two different things here.

 

View PostLittleLara, on 14 January 2020 - 01:58 PM, said:

No. it's not a breach. you pay to be able to play the tank, it's not yours. 

 

 

You pay to be able to play the tank in it's form when you purchased it. The fact that WG is extremely reluctant to make premium tanks worse and that they give out refunds every time they do should tell you this.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 14 January 2020 - 03:24 PM.


Jethro_Grey #13 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:39 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5095 battles
  • 847
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

View PostCobra6, on 14 January 2020 - 03:24 PM, said:

 

Yeah, buffing is ok since it makes it better.

 

 

Because last time it was a buff to HE mechanics, unless we are talking about two different things here.

 

 

 

You pay to be able to play the tank in it's form when you purchased it. The fact that WG is extremely reluctant to make premium tanks worse and that they give out refunds every time they do should tell you this.

 

Cobra 6


I hope you're Right.

WG created a precedence however in WoWS when they nerfed all DDs, be removing the ability to stealthfire, which hit most of the DDs hard, but two premium DDs the hardest. 

Yet, no refunds were issued as WG claimed that a game mechanic was changed, not a premium Vehicle directly. 

 

I really hope you're Right m8. 



Homer_J #14 Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33364 battles
  • 36,956
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostCobra6, on 14 January 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

 

Because last time it was a buff to HE mechanics, unless we are talking about two different things here.

 

I'm talking about when they changed HE so the blast could only travel in a straight line.  So no more damaging open topped vehicles through the open top when you hit the UFP.  Definitely a nerf.



DangerMouse #15 Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 30726 battles
  • 1,365
  • [FLOG] FLOG
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010
Yep I think all tanks Prem included will see this change, they are changing a game mechanic not nerfing the tank (That will be how they pitch it).

RaxipIx #16 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35854 battles
  • 1,598
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    02-22-2016

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 14 January 2020 - 12:29 PM, said:


At some point in the forum a few months ago, this question WAS asked. I think it was when the ammo rebalancing was first mentioned as a serious possibility. The answer we got from the forum WG reps was that changing the attributes across the entire game (i.e. rebalancing the ammo types) was not seen as a change targeted at a specific tank, so even premium tanks would be affected. However, the rebalancing would also take individual tank types into consideration. As such, my personal expectation is that whatever happens to the KV-2's derp gun will also happen to the KV-2®. 

The bolded part never gonna happen. Then i as a paying customer can force them  for  full  refund on all the premium tanks they change and i own. It's just  how EU legistlation works atm.

16:06 Added after 3 minute

View PostDangerMouse, on 14 January 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

Yep I think all tanks Prem included will see this change, they are changing a game mechanic not nerfing the tank (That will be how they pitch it).

It's a possibility ,  IF the they offer refund on the tanks. Simple as that. It's  not game mechanic being changed, but they change a tanks parameter. Might be a global change but still premium tanks parameters are altered.



DangerMouse #17 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:28 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 30726 battles
  • 1,365
  • [FLOG] FLOG
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010

View PostRaxipIx, on 14 January 2020 - 04:03 PM, said:

The bolded part never gonna happen. Then i as a paying customer can force them  for  full  refund on all the premium tanks they change and i own. It's just  how EU legistlation works atm.

16:06 Added after 3 minute

It's a possibility ,  IF the they offer refund on the tanks. Simple as that. It's  not game mechanic being changed, but they change a tanks parameter. Might be a global change but still premium tanks parameters are altered.

 

I imagine that they will be quite happy to defend this in court if you are prepared to pay the money to challenge it. Did you read the TOS when you agreed to the the purchase of the digital goods?



Alzamon #18 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:45 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7630 battles
  • 21
  • [NODWA] NODWA
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011
I [edited]hope they do this, and apply more changes like this to effect premiums. Maybe we finally get some [edited]balance this time around.

Corrupted_Pling #19 Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 52346 battles
  • 991
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012
They already nerfed my o-i and type 5 heavy :(

RaxipIx #20 Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:16 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35854 battles
  • 1,598
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    02-22-2016

View PostDangerMouse, on 14 January 2020 - 05:28 PM, said:

 

I imagine that they will be quite happy to defend this in court if you are prepared to pay the money to challenge it. Did you read the TOS when you agreed to the the purchase of the digital goods?

Wanna bet? There is a reason since the SP nerf and debacle not a single premium tank got changed for worse. And why do people think you need a big amount of money to take something to court? It's not as expensive as you think. And in most cases then not they are settled in an amicable way and nobody hears about it,(You get payed if you are right)

And i don't need to take anything to court, i can recoup my money by making a simple case  they altered the parameters of an advertised product that i payed money for(they advertised it as X, and they later changed it to Y).

Obviously WG can block your account if you  force a refund, but you can still get all the money back.

 

 

So again, never gonna happen!






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users