Full HP ammo rack explosions shouldn't be a thing in my opinion.

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

killer999death #1 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26641 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
While it is fun popping people with one shot for 2k+ health points of their heavy armored tank I also think it's not fair to the full HP player, specially as it can be completely randomized (You get sniped or no aim snapshotted by a TD in first minute and RNG guides the shell into ammo rack from max draw distance for example).

World of Warships (Published by Wargaming who also publishes and develops World of Tanks) had the same problem, you could detonate full HP ships with first salvo but - BUT - they saw the issue in this and changed it so you can detonate a ship when it's 20% HP or below (I think, been a long time since I played WoWs and can't remember mechanics right). 

Why does World of Tanks team not take notice of this and maybe change the way ammo racking works for tanks? Instead of full HP ammo racks make it possible when tank is 50% HP or below? Make it so that ammo racks explode only if ammo rack has been damaged prior (Yes I know you can repair ammo racks but sometimes repair kit is on cooldown so there are still detonation chances)?

It baffels me that World of Warships has some mechanics which are way better than that of World of Tanks and it takes WoT team years to catch up on this (Such as consumables on cooldown instead 1 time use per battle, crew, spotting mechanics etc). I hope WoT team starts picking up the good things from WoWs and implements it into the game

MeetriX #2 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24895 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE
I agree. Only the crew should be killed and maybe few internal modules.

Zer0RNG #3 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14668 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

View Postkiller999death, on 14 January 2020 - 02:42 PM, said:

While it is fun popping people with one shot for 2k+ health points of their heavy armored tank I also think it's not fair to the full HP player, specially as it can be completely randomized (You get sniped or no aim snapshotted by a TD in first minute and RNG guides the shell into ammo rack from max draw distance for example).

World of Warships (Published by Wargaming who also publishes and develops World of Tanks) had the same problem, you could detonate full HP ships with first salvo but - BUT - they saw the issue in this and changed it so you can detonate a ship when it's 20% HP or below (I think, been a long time since I played WoWs and can't remember mechanics right). 

Why does World of Tanks team not take notice of this and maybe change the way ammo racking works for tanks? Instead of full HP ammo racks make it possible when tank is 50% HP or below? Make it so that ammo racks explode only if ammo rack has been damaged prior (Yes I know you can repair ammo racks but sometimes repair kit is on cooldown so there are still detonation chances)?

It baffels me that World of Warships has some mechanics which are way better than that of World of Tanks and it takes WoT team years to catch up on this (Such as consumables on cooldown instead 1 time use per battle, crew, spotting mechanics etc). I hope WoT team starts picking up the good things from WoWs and implements it into the game

I agree with you with one small difference... you should get blow up if u did not repair your ammo rack and u get hit again in it... but to get from the start blow up is stupid even if is low chance ... probably bellow 1%.... but as you said.. is not fair.. and dose not make the game in any way better..

same ways goes with fire... to get on fire from first shot...is just stupid... I play always with food and this thing ruin the game... and for me it happens a lot more often then getting ammo rack.

Edited by Zer0RNG, 14 January 2020 - 03:00 PM.

Gixxer66 #4 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19721 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Exactly how often do you get ammo racked from full HP?

Normally it entails a lot of rng favouring the shooter and a mistake on the part of the other player, exposing more of his/her tank than they should. There's already a saving roll mechanism in place to determine if it was a "fatal" hit or not.

Zer0RNG #5 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14668 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

View PostGixxer66, on 14 January 2020 - 02:59 PM, said:

Normally it entails a lot of rng favouring the shooter and a mistake on the part of the other player, exposing more of his/her tank than they should. There's already a saving roll mechanism in place to determine if it was a "fatal" hit or not.

well.. my problem is that usually happens for players that actually playing active and pushing the line... and a random invisible bot from the red line that did nothing all game... get's lucky.. 

azakow #6 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84456 battles

This ^^

I get ammo racked 1/200 matches.

Does it hurt at the keyboard?

Yes it does, especially when full HP. (victim)

Is if fun to do so?

The fun is even larger when taking someone out like this. (Killer).

14:06 Added after 1 minute

View PostZer0RNG, on 14 January 2020 - 03:03 PM, said:

well.. my problem is that usually happens for players that actually playing active and pushing the line... and a random invisible bot from the red line that did nothing all game... get's lucky.. 

define usually?

How do you know it is a red liner?

Bots are not invisble?

If he get lucky so why not?

#craphapnz.

Edited by azakow, 14 January 2020 - 03:07 PM.

Maroko_1337 #7 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4290 battles
  • [2DBFL] 2DBFL

i can't really complain as i am using one amm rack action to sell myself :harp: (yeah yeah started end of november)

Zer0RNG #8 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14668 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

View Postazakow, on 14 January 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

define usually?

How do you know it is a red liner?

Bots are not invisble?

1 shot blow up is full RNG... how I said before I still think that if u get 2nd time ammo rack without repair your tanks should blow up..

well, blow up it happens usually when u get hit in ammo rack by a high caliber/alpha ammo aka TDs.. and any player that has some brain don't show his side of tank willingly to a tank is already spotted .. 

bots tend to camp more then good players..

Edited by Zer0RNG, 14 January 2020 - 03:42 PM.

killer999death #9 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26641 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

Often enough to make me raise a brow why this is a thing when world of warships has done a better job at adressing this years ago. Also while I am aware the LT-432 is a special tank in the last 10 battles I got ammo racked from full HP or almost full HP 3 times. In my heavies I got ammo racked from full or almost full HP at least 3-4 times in 100 battles. 

In turn I too ammo rack people from full HP and it happens more often than 1/100 games so I'd say this happens way more often than people would like it to.

View PostMaroko_1337, on 14 January 2020 - 03:09 PM, said:

i can't really complain as i am using one amm rack action to sell myself :harp: (yeah yeah started end of november)

You get a cookie for using Kantai Collection UI

Another thing I forgot and am not sure if those are banned by Wargaming or are allowed. Module skin mods I know they used to be a thing and I sincerly hope they are banned from use, literally skins which show where modules are located so you know where to shoot to damage them. I think use of such is not fair. Players should use their knowladge of tanks or pure luck to damage specific modules instead of a skin showing ''Shoot here to damage ammo rack and then shoot here to kill loader so he will have a 40 second reload''.  

Suurpolskija #10 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24219 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

I don't think ammo rack explosions are a problem. But I think other kind of one-shots shouldn't be a thing in this game. 

1) Tier4/5 vs tier6/7 can get easily oneshot by just a standard roll. 

2) Arty pen

3) ****barn & deathstar HESH

Balc0ra #11 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Considering how rare it is. Not really.

But I can agree a tiny bit on one aspect. The ammo rack detonation on the first hit of the game. As some guns have way too much module alpha etc as is. But if it's already damaged? Well...

Jumping_Turtle #12 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:51 PM

General

• Player
  • 71554 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

Doesnt happen often enough to make a fuss about.

Maybe it is time to accept that there are things in the game we dont like. It is impossible to make the game in everyones flavor.

Oldewolfe #13 Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 531 battles

Yah, I felt so Bad for this guy....     My Team let him Farm them for nearly 5K and I roll up and send him Packing....      It really didn't need to end this way...

https://youtu.be/CdZf4h1g27o

But hey, the look on the Face of the 277 was Priceless when he Peaked One Time too Many.....       Ended a PTA Sunday the same way....       I know, not Full HP Deleted, but may as well have been and I'm Good with that, Clear Conscience even....    

Full Ammo Racking in a Tank is Fine by me...      Watch when one of these things gets Cooked on YouTube, it's Olde News in the Real World, it's Olde News here....      That's why Newer Tanks changed how they Store the Munitions inside them now, to Reduce the Chance since you'll Never fully Remove the Chance... 

SovietBias #14 Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39760 battles
Full health ammo rack is extremely rare. I don't see any reason to change this mechanic. 

Gixxer66 #15 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19721 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostZer0RNG, on 14 January 2020 - 02:03 PM, said:

or that stat padding WN8 whore that Redlines the game becuase they see it as unwinable before the counter has finished ticking down and just farming WN8 / damage when it's too late?

View Postkiller999death, on 14 January 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

Often enough to make me raise a brow why this is a thing when world of warships has done a better job at adressing this years ago. Also while I am aware the LT-432 is a special tank in the last 10 battles I got ammo racked from full HP or almost full HP 3 times. In my heavies I got ammo racked from full or almost full HP at least 3-4 times in 100 battles. 

In turn I too ammo rack people from full HP and it happens more often than 1/100 games so I'd say this happens way more often than people would like it to.

Ammo racked 3 times in 10 games - either real bad luck, confirmation bias  or you need to consider the position of your tank in relation to the enemy tanks. LT432 is more likely to burn than get ammo racked in my limited experience of it. ( Mostly spamming Frontlines in one )

3 or 4 games in 100 - 3 or 4 % of you games in heavy tanks - I can't dispute this, neither can you prove it.

My personal experince of being 1 shot by an ammo rack is rare, most common tank I seem to get racked in is the T-34/85 or it's variants - normally by a large caliber gun and following an error on my part.

azakow #16 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84456 battles

View Postkiller999death, on 14 January 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

In turn I too ammo rack people from full HP and it happens more often than 1/100 games.

I assume you do not ammo rack the same player in these 100 matches. If so what value does this statement have?

24doom24 #17 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8888 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
The only time I remember a full health ammo rack was when I one shot a T-44 in my ISU-152 in the first frontlines season.

Oldewolfe #18 Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 531 battles

432's Ammo Rack just fine, just like any other Tank....     Especially Cocky, I have an OP Light Tank, gonna Circle of Death this 430, BANZAI one's.....     Right thru the Upper Plate and Slowed his Roll just that Fast.... 

I am finding though, since I have the Battle Hits Viewer Mod for my Garage, alot of these Decapitations are very Close to the Turret Ring when the Shells Penetrate....     They just need Sufficient Oomph behind them once they get there, and then it matters Little who the Recipient is.....    Not nearly as many thru the Front Roller or Side.....

killer999death #19 Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26641 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
Made this topic today.

In my 6th battle today I ammo racked a 1300HP Conqueror which has 1950HP in the first minute of the game.

does
not
happen
often

Nishi_Kinuyo #20 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9893 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Full health ammo racks aren't nearly s big a problem as derps one-shotting tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users