ho-ri Japanese TD japanese td

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

leggasiini #1 Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18269 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

As you may know, Japanese TD line has been announced for WoT Blitz. WG revealed the tier 10 and its full stats a while ago, but now the entire branch has been revealed, though no stats for the tier 7-9 as of yet. While Blitz is a whole different game, and if the line ever appears on PC it might be completely different, it should still give a good guess how the line might look like when it appears on PC.

Tier 7: Chi-Ri casemate TD (in-game name not revealed yet)

Tier 8: Ho-Ri II (in-game name not revealed yet)

Tier 9: Ho-Ri I (sloped armor) (in-game name not revealed yet)

Tier 10: Ho-Ri Type 3

Ho-Ri Type 3 stats:

HP: 1750

Armor: 250/90/50 mm

Weight: 60.2 tons

Engine power: 850 HP

Power to weight ratio: 14.1 hp/ton

Speed: 50/20 km/h

Traverse speed: 27 deg/s

Gun: 15 cm Cannon Type 96

Shell type: AP / AP / HE

Alpha damage: 560 / 545 / 640

Penetration: 310 / 380 / 85 mm

RoF: 5.22

DPM: 2920

Accuracy: 0.326 

Aiming time: 2.01 s

Keep in mind that Blitz has different values (namely HP, alpha damage etc.) so they won't be like this assuming the tank arrives to PC. Expect the alpha damage and HP pool to be around ~650 and ~1900, respectively, assuming it keeps the same design here.

Some details of the branch:

• Line starts from the Chi-To. 
  • The line is just tier 7-10. Might change on PC, but considering how British LTs was also just tier 7-10, I'm not so sure that will be the case.
  • Aside from overbuffed armor on the tier 10 and unhistorical gun options, the tanks are all real.

Historically the Ho-Ris carried the same 10cm gun and the Chi-Ri TD had a mere 7.5 cm gun as its main armament. WG has upgunned them to fit these tanks at higher tiers, Im guessing with these guns:

Tier 7: looks like a 12 cm naval gun, so around 400 alpha and presumably good pen

Tier 8: something similar to the 12.7 cm Type 4 Heavy has, just with much longer barrel, so ~450 alpha and much higher penetration than the Type 4, +250 would be my guess

Tier 9: seems to be the 15 cm Cannon Type 89, so probably the same or a bit worse alpha as the tier 10 with presumably worse penetration

The general theme of the line seemingly is:

• very good guns with amazing penetration (tier 10 has the best penetration in both Blitz and PC), good DPM, alpha, accuracy and handling
  • rather decent mobility, though acceleration seems potentially sluggish
  • huge, boxy silhouette and surprisingly mediocre HP for it's size, probably bad camo
  • pretty mediocre armor that while not HE pennable really exists there only to bully low tiers

The tier 10 is basically a Bobject that trades a huge chunk of armor and some acceleration for bit better traverse and what is seemingly among the best guns in the entire game. If anything it's probably closer to the old tier 10 Object 263, just with worse armor but better gun.

My thoughts

I've wanted the line for so many years now, and how do I feel? At the same time I'm somewhat disappointed but on the other hand I'm happy. It could be much better, but it also could be way worse. At least the line has the Ho-Ris and not a line of casemated Type 5 Heavy TDs with 20 cm naval guns that slings 2000 alpha HE shells. On other hand, I feel like they did questionable decisions with the line (why the heck is the Ho-Ri I with flat armor tier 10 and then the sloped armor design is tier 9, makes no sense, the sloped armor design fits tier 10 more) and the fact its just tier 7-10 instead of full line is also disappointing and just lazy from WG's part. The concept of the line doesn't seem too bad or gamebreaking - no overwhelming gimmicks or minmaxed stats, so there's that.

Again, it's Blitz - we don't know how they will look like on PC if they'll ever even appear here. WG has hinted them so many times for PC though that they are practically confirmed, and with WG working on them on Blitz, I'd expect them to come on PC as well and I'm also guessing the line will most likely look like this on PC as well. The stats might and will most likely be quite different, but again, it should give a good look how the line might look like once we get it.

shikaka9 #2 Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 76312 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Beatiful tanks :honoring:

Balc0ra #3 Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76387 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

As you pointed out. Blitz is different, even in terms of balance. Most tanks have more HP, more pen, more alpha etc vs our tanks. As they want their 7 vs 7 fights on the small maps they have to last a little longer. And due to the smaller maps. Dispersion and aim time also differs on some. So don't expect the same on most values.

Tho.. still in terms of design and armor, we at least know what to expect. And I don't care how trash some of them are. I'm not gonna say no to a 2nd Chi-Ri.

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 January 2020 - 06:40 PM.

BlackMasakari #4 Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41382 battles

I don't care anymore - wot is a mafiagame with rigged MM, no reason to care anymore about anything.

Let the "crymore"-bot flood start.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76387 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBlackMasakari, on 15 January 2020 - 06:45 PM, said:

I don't care anymore - wot is a mafiagame with rigged MM, no reason to care anymore about anything.

Let the "crymore"-bot flood start.

Yet WOT is the only game people say that, and stay to take their "rigging" they feel goes against them. Why... no idea. As in other games I've seen it said. They left instantly. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 January 2020 - 06:54 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36325 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 January 2020 - 06:52 PM, said:

Yet WOT is the only game people say that, and stay to take their "rigging" they feel goes against them. Why... no idea. As in other games I've seen it said. They left instantly. 

I've come to the conclusion they just like saying it because it makes them feel a little better for failing miserably, but they stay because they don't really believe it.

AngelofAwe #7 Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 43051 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
TD lego bricks. 

T9 looks like budget JP2 and T10 like a budget Ferdinand. 

Edited by AngelofAwe, 15 January 2020 - 07:34 PM.

Strappster #8 Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29234 battles
Wow. They're certainly .. um .. challenging .. in the looks department. I've always taken the position that there's only one tank in every battle that I'm going to have to look at throughout and this appears to be the first line I'll have to drive everywhere in sniper view. :amazed:

SlyMeerkat #9 Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:45 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19428 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Not fussed one way or the other and only time will tell :)

8126Jakobsson #10 Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 84824 battles
All I'm thinking about is all those various Ho-Ri youtube titles that will be made.  

killer999death #11 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27477 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
I'd wish the line would start from a lower tier, at least tier 5.

splash_time #12 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15595 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well, looks like we're going to have another tanks similar to WZ TDs. And by WZ, I meant how their armour works. 

Edited by splash_time, 15 January 2020 - 09:47 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #13 Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10510 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postsplash_time, on 15 January 2020 - 09:45 PM, said:

Well, looks like we're going to have another tanks similar to WZ TDs. And by WZ, I meant how their armour works. 

What armour?

The tier 10 has 250mm raw, and almost unangled so you're only going to have trouble with it at long range, and the LFP is a weakspot.

The UFP looks to be angled at 15° just as with the Chi-Ri, so that makes it only around 258mm effective straight on.

A far cry from Obyekt 268v4's 260mm at 35° (casemate) or 300mm at 27° (LFP)

Or from the WZ-113 Fake Tank's 230mm at 35-40° (casemate, 280-300mm effective)).

Also, we're basically getting 4 more Type 5 tanks then? :trollface:

Bringing the total up to 7 (LT, MT, HT, TD, TD, TD, TD).

Hm... is that tier 7 Chi-Ri TD based on the production hull rather than the prototype hull?

Had another look at it and almost mistook it for the Chi-To hull, given the number of roadwheels, the mufflers and the lack of the 37mm hull gun.

NipplesTheClown #14 Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9198 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
and I quote WG: "never gonna happen". Honk! Honk!

Inappropriate_noob #15 Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:05 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17677 battles

Tier 9 looks interesting, but the weak spots just scream out at you, can WG not make a Japanese Skorpion with a laser accurate type 5 autoloader 5 clip?

I mean WG can make anything happen right?

upliftedDevil #16 Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1700 battles

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 15 January 2020 - 08:53 PM, said:

All I'm thinking about is all those various Ho-Ri youtube titles that will be made.  

Hori sh.t? :) 

tajj7 #17 Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

So the tier 10 is basically a more mobile tier 10 Ferdinand? 

It has Type 5 armour, which means annoying for standard ammo but pointless against premium ammo, you'd think WG would want to avoid another tank like that. 

I mean if it had more HP and more engine power, you could say its some sort of Japanese yolo wagon and it might be fun, those would probably compensate for the wonky casemate armour as you might be able to bounce people by angling and rushing people in a brawl, and just using your raw DPM/HP, but they have given it more like paper TD HP and that hp/ton (probably coupled with heavy tank ground resistances) makes it a bit sluggish, it has about the same hp/ton, weight and traverse speed as a Conqueror, but with more top speed. 

vonadnan #18 Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:49 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30807 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

I would like to try them, but damn shame if they start from medium line, for me at least, would love to play O-I again..

Anyway, they seem ok, maybe higher tiers should have more armor for that size..but yeah lets not make more Bobjects

leggasiini #19 Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:52 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18269 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Posttajj7, on 16 January 2020 - 11:03 AM, said:

So the tier 10 is basically a more mobile tier 10 Ferdinand? 

It has Type 5 armour, which means annoying for standard ammo but pointless against premium ammo, you'd think WG would want to avoid another tank like that. 

I mean if it had more HP and more engine power, you could say its some sort of Japanese yolo wagon and it might be fun, those would probably compensate for the wonky casemate armour as you might be able to bounce people by angling and rushing people in a brawl, and just using your raw DPM/HP, but they have given it more like paper TD HP and that hp/ton (probably coupled with heavy tank ground resistances) makes it a bit sluggish, it has about the same hp/ton, weight and traverse speed as a Conqueror, but with more top speed. 

Lower plate although small is at very least a weakspot; IIRC it's weak enough that even tier 8s can pen it with standard. It also has a driver's hatch weakspot though it's basically pixel sized. The armor is 20mm thinner and it's much worse at angling so it won't bounce nearly as much as Type 5. You're right in the fact that the armor is basically annoying for standard ammo but total cheese against premium, but again, it has at least has a weakspot, something the Type 5 lacks.

Blitz also has completely different meta - most of the MTs there have like 240ish standard pen, HTs also have lower pen IIRC, pen RNG is much lower, gold ammo does 30% less damage and there is an equipment that boosts the armor thickness a little bit. So there 250 flat armor is likely much stronger than it is here. I reckon it will actually bounce stuff on Blitz, whereas on PC that kind of armor would practically be useless unless you're hulldown against low tiers firing standard, or if you just get lucky. It's basically JT armor a tier above, and JT armor is already just bad at tier 9.

If I remember right it has the same terrain resists as the Bobject, so not particularly bad but yeah heavy tank levels, so it won't be super fast despite the top speed. It probably will still be able to hit the top speed and move around considering it does have solid traverse speed and very good reverse speed, but it won't be as fast as neither the old 263 or Bobject.

The gun is ridiculous though so I can see why it seems pretty underwhelming on other areas. And again, Blitz has vastly different meta and their powerlevel at tier 10 is most likely a lot lower (since PC has had a ton of powercreep and I dont think Blitz has had it to similar extend), so if it appears on PC it will almost certainly have different stats.

09:55 Added after 3 minute

View Postvonadnan, on 16 January 2020 - 11:49 AM, said:

I would like to try them, but damn shame if they start from medium line, for me at least, would love to play O-I again..

All the TDs despite their appearence are based on the medium tanks, or well, the Chi-Ri, so the line starting from the MTs makes sense.

Blitz doesn't have the Japanese HT branch though so they don't really have other options than MT line. It could very well start from the O-I on PC but I'm pretty sure it will branch from MTs here as well if the line gets released.

tajj7 #20 Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29299 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postleggasiini, on 16 January 2020 - 09:52 AM, said:

Lower plate although small is at very least a weakspot; IIRC it's weak enough that even tier 8s can pen it with standard. It also has a driver's hatch weakspot though it's basically pixel sized. The armor is 20mm thinner and it's much worse at angling so it won't bounce nearly as much as Type 5. You're right in the fact that the armor is basically annoying for standard ammo but total cheese against premium, but again, it has at least has a weakspot, something the Type 5 lacks.

Blitz also has completely different meta - most of the MTs there have like 240ish standard pen, HTs also have lower pen IIRC, pen RNG is much lower, gold ammo does 30% less damage and there is an equipment that boosts the armor thickness a little bit. So there 250 flat armor is likely much stronger than it is here. I reckon it will actually bounce stuff on Blitz, whereas on PC that kind of armor would practically be useless unless you're hulldown against low tiers firing standard, or if you just get lucky. It's basically JT armor a tier above, and JT armor is already just bad at tier 9.

If I remember right it has the same terrain resists as the Bobject, so not particularly bad but yeah heavy tank levels, so it won't be super fast despite the top speed. It probably will still be able to hit the top speed and move around considering it does have solid traverse speed and very good reverse speed, but it won't be as fast as neither the old 263 or Bobject.

The gun is ridiculous though so I can see why it seems pretty underwhelming on other areas. And again, Blitz has vastly different meta and their powerlevel at tier 10 is most likely a lot lower (since PC has had a ton of powercreep and I dont think Blitz has had it to similar extend), so if it appears on PC it will almost certainly have different stats.

09:55 Added after 3 minute

All the TDs despite their appearence are based on the medium tanks, or well, the Chi-Ri, so the line starting from the MTs makes sense.

Blitz doesn't have the Japanese HT branch though so they don't really have other options than MT line. It could very well start from the O-I on PC but I'm pretty sure it will branch from MTs here as well if the line gets released.

The gun depends on the soft stats though, if there is a lot of bloom it's less good. 

It still looks like a tank to me that doesn't really know what it wants to be, but yeh I suppose tier 9 Jagdtiger with a little more mobility looks the closest comparison, but then what is the Jagdtiger? It's not got the armour to be an assault tank, it can snipe but lacks the camo and mobility, it's basically a very good gun on an awkward platform.

This looks similar, very good gun, awkward platform. 

If they upped that armour to about 300mm, and the hp/ton to about 16-17, kept the alpha around 560-600, then you'd have a new 263 with a little less armour and mobility but probably more gun depression, that would be a fun tank. 

But we'll see.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users