• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

leggasiini #21 Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:25 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18168 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Posttajj7, on 16 January 2020 - 12:08 PM, said:

The gun depends on the soft stats though, if there is a lot of bloom it's less good. 

It still looks like a tank to me that doesn't really know what it wants to be, but yeh I suppose tier 9 Jagdtiger with a little more mobility looks the closest comparison, but then what is the Jagdtiger? It's not got the armour to be an assault tank, it can snipe but lacks the camo and mobility, it's basically a very good gun on an awkward platform.

This looks similar, very good gun, awkward platform. 

If they upped that armour to about 300mm, and the hp/ton to about 16-17, kept the alpha around 560-600, then you'd have a new 263 with a little less armour and mobility but probably more gun depression, that would be a fun tank. 

But we'll see.  

It has 0.17 / 0.17 / 0.08 bloom, which is the same as the Bobject except with much better bloom when turning the gun, so basically best in class combined with fast aim time.

Full stats are seen here. Forgot that the full stats were here along with base stats instead of stats with what is seemingly 100% crew so going to update the OP with those. Let out things like camo and view range because those values are probably completely messed up on Blitz compared to PC. I know view range is, no clue about camo though. 

https://armor.wotinspector.com/?targetVehicleId=3937,7778,7267,6756&mode=xray.armor&platform=blitz

Armor layout can also be seen here.

But yeah you got a good point, when I saw its stats I felt like it has some kind of identity crisis. It tries to be some kind of assault TD but it really doesn't have neither the armor or HP for it, and I highly doubt it has good camo either considering its big and tall (not Japanese HT level of big but its still big as its based on the Chi-Ri which is already a big tank). The gun is very good though, it's basically like 268's gun but with significantly better aim time, bloom, even better pen and DPM but worse alpha. It all depends on how quick the tank is, we know that there are some dubious hidden hidden stats we can't view that further affects the mobility (such as 277 being infamously more mobile than IS-7 despite it having the same terrain resists and worse hp/ton). If it actually goes 50 kph then I reckon it can work as a mobile support vehicle with a very good gun that can also be an assault TD and sniper when needed but really isn't the best at those roles. If it moves like a heavy, though, then I don't know. But I don't play Blitz, it's very hard to tell how well it would work there.

When it comes to PC, WG really likes to give new branches "specific roles". It has been the case with almost very line they've recently introduced, even British LTs try to be different (even if its that they are trash in many aspects) so I'd expect the Ho-Ri and other Japanese TDs to be tuned more so that they have a specific role when they arrive on PC.

tajj7 #22 Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29049 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postleggasiini, on 16 January 2020 - 10:25 AM, said:

It has 0.17 / 0.17 / 0.08 bloom, which is the same as the Bobject except with much better bloom when turning the gun, so basically best in class combined with fast aim time.

Full stats are seen here. Forgot that the full stats were here along with base stats instead of stats with what is seemingly 100% crew so going to update the OP with those. Let out things like camo and view range because those values are probably completely messed up on Blitz compared to PC. I know view range is, no clue about camo though. 

https://armor.wotinspector.com/?targetVehicleId=3937,7778,7267,6756&mode=xray.armor&platform=blitz

Armor layout can also be seen here.

But yeah you got a good point, when I saw its stats I felt like it has some kind of identity crisis. It tries to be some kind of assault TD but it really doesn't have neither the armor or HP for it, and I highly doubt it has good camo either considering its big and tall (not Japanese HT level of big but its still big as its based on the Chi-Ri which is already a big tank). The gun is very good though, it's basically like 268's gun but with significantly better aim time, bloom, even better pen and DPM but worse alpha. It all depends on how quick the tank is, we know that there are some dubious hidden hidden stats we can't view that further affects the mobility (such as 277 being infamously more mobile than IS-7 despite it having the same terrain resists and worse hp/ton). If it actually goes 50 kph then I reckon it can work as a mobile support vehicle with a very good gun that can also be an assault TD and sniper when needed but really isn't the best at those roles. If it moves like a heavy, though, then I don't know. But I don't play Blitz, it's very hard to tell how well it would work there.

When it comes to PC, WG really likes to give new branches "specific roles". It has been the case with almost very line they've recently introduced, even British LTs try to be different (even if its that they are trash in many aspects) so I'd expect the Ho-Ri and other Japanese TDs to be tuned more so that they have a specific role when they arrive on PC.

Those are good soft stats so yes the gun is good, very good, good hard hitting alpha (presuming it's around 600-650), very good DPM, good accuracy, good pen, good soft stats, good aim time.

Shell velocity is a bit meh, but you can't have everything. 

If I am reading those stats right, then does it only have -6 gun depression and a mere 7 degrees of gun traverse?  Those values are not good, that is more awkward than I thought, was expecting more gun depression considering most Japanese heavies and meds have at least -10 IIRC. I'd also reckon for such a tall tank, a bit like the E75 TS, that gun depression will feel very awkward. 

Also that mobility is slightly worse than a Conqueror, slightly worse hp/ton, slightly worse ground resistances, similar traverse, so I doubt it'll be able to hit 50kph on medium terrain, maybe going around 35-40kph most of the time, unless of course it has like you saw whatever the 277 has and whatever the SU-130 doesn't have that seems to make those tanks faster/slower than tanks with near identical ground resistances and hp/ton. 

But based on those values I'd reckon that it will move like a heavy, not a super heavy but worse than the heaviums, maybe IS-7 at best mobility. 

So on current stats from Blitz, you have a very good gun, albeit with awkward gun depression and gun traverse limits, on averagely mobile platform, with bad camo, and armour that only works against lower tiers mainly, when hull down. 

It very much looks like a tier 10 Jagdtiger, it'll be a little faster but also a little more awkward. 

How close are tanks between Blitz and PC, like you say WG PC want tanks to have roles that progress through the line as you grind up them, at the moment I can't see what role this tank can play so I reckon they will change some stuff to make it more have a defined role. 

Kill_Broccoli #23 Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24195 battles
  • [TAAAC] TAAAC

View Postleggasiini, on 16 January 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

Yes but i can't work out what may be. We already have 2 lines with big armored rear turreted tds, a third one that isn't a clone of the other two how can it be? Autoloader? Tiny gun with the big dpm of the japan meds?

Dava_117 #24 Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:01 PM

Major General

• 23485 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Don't like the same ammo type for standard and premium rounds. 310 AP is already high without giving it a 380pen AP round with 0 disadvantage over the standard one. 

I know that the ammo rebalance is close, but still I would prefere an APCR or HEAT round as 380 pen AP looks far too strong. You can basically pen a good portion of the IS-7 turret front with that pen+normalization combo!

HunterXHunter8 #25 Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36091 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 January 2020 - 06:52 PM, said:

Yet WOT is the only game people say that, and stay to take their "rigging" they feel goes against them. Why... no idea. As in other games I've seen it said. They left instantly. 

while the mm is rigged, people convienetly forget when mm hands them 30-40 wins in a row, where they land those perfect pixel shots.

but as soon as the bad rng/mm hits they start crying

damn hypocrites 

my boi  leggasiini been waiting for these for a long time, not gonna lie i was kinda waiting for them as well. td really need fresh meat, too many stale td lines 

really hope it comes to pc and has a good guns

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users