friendly fire

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

lolomantasss #41 Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2666 battles

View PostMrEdweird, on 16 January 2020 - 06:02 PM, said:

I disagree that anything negative has happened after the removal of friendly fire.

The only things I have noticed happening are not having to worry about shooting friendlies anymore, friendly arty being a slight bit too trigger happy around you and...that's it.

If you have time to stare at people and somehow figure out that they are somehow now less responsible with their gameplay, I'd have to guess you were looking for that sort of thing as opposed to actually playing the game.

The griefers are mostly gone and that's the only real thing that matters here. Whatever negatives you can personally make up will not be enough to overcome that, no chance.

i may be wrong but it's highly unlikely post from you. i quess you categorize and crit players with your full time opposing force privilegies, eh?

View Post24doom24, on 16 January 2020 - 08:12 PM, said:

Another one who is raging they can't shoot their teammates anymore. Wasn't there a similar post like this not too long ago?

Posted Image

Your style is quite wordy. Maybe you're better suited to poetry. :teethhappy:

u son of the gun. stap! some people here using an google translate, so stfu:teethhappy:

Pansenmann #42 Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38342 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

well, on one hand I would like to reintroduce friendly fire and cross-team chat into random battles

but on the other hand I fear certain "people" which I would not describe further to not risk a ban myself

would quickly abuse this to create an even more "toxic environment" (how I hate that oversimplyfying term)

So - I am all in for an FFA approach to "Training Room" things - no regulations whatsoever - we want to have racing games!

but leave the bloody moshpit of randoms out of this. :)

cheers!

your friendly neighborhood Pansenmann

Edited by Pansenmann, 16 January 2020 - 09:45 PM.

MrEdweird #43 Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• 24318 battles
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-

View Postlolomantasss, on 16 January 2020 - 08:33 PM, said:

i may be wrong but it's highly unlikely post from you. i quess you categorize and crit players with your full time opposing force privilegies, eh?

I didn't mean any offense by the things I said and it's not meant to be an insult in any way. I don't criticize anyone, I'm saying this isn't something that makes sense and I don't have any priviliges.

It's simply a matter of personal view that you have to be looking for this sort of thing in order to notice it. It simply does not happen often enough, players blocking your shots, for it to be of any real relevance. I understand OP's concerns and it is annoying when others pay no heed to what you're aiming at.

I just don't agree with what's being said and I've edited the post accordingly. I could have closed this thread after people started throwing crap at OP but didn't, specifically so the discussion can continue. If I had any intention of making OP feel bad about their choices, we wouldn't be here discussing it.

Put simply, does the issue exist? Yes. People will come up in front of you or try to poke around a bit too aggressively without a care because there's no consequences. Does it happen often enough? I don't think so. This happened before, too. I suggest that OP take a break from the game for a short while, instead, like they wanted to do. Perhaps when they come back, things will look differently for them. If OP has made up their mind about this, us talking about it here won't change anything anyways, but when I come across this sort of problem I try to change the way I play to go around it. So whether the problem is real or not isn't really relevant to those of us who choose to keep playing, it's usually more a case of adapting.

Also tagged with friendly fire

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users