• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

KISkormany16__HUN #1 Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38339 battles

NEIIIIIIII!

Hello Dear Awesome Epic Guys community!
I created a crew voice mod for World of Tanks 1.7. Of course I hope that it will be compatible with the other
versions of the game also, if not, then I will recreate it if I can. So first, let me introduce myself and
then this mod. I am KISkormany16__HUN, I play World of Tanks since 7 or 8 years for now, and I was created
crew voice mods for the Hungarian community before back in 2 or 3 years. But, I'm following the guys since
a very long time and I was always laughed at their videos, I find those funny but not retarded. So this
combination is maybe why they are very good about doing it and why so much people follows them. So I was
thinking about that how funny these sound effects and voices would be in-game. Then the idea was clear,
and everything was went downhill from there. NOT! Since the huge rework of the game, older sound mods were
not worked at all. There were many good voice mods for the game. Of course, I do not say that it was
unnecessary for the game because the game became a thousand times better than it was, and the audio was way
more better than it was. So they really did their job fine. So I had a very hard time making this mod,
it was taken for 2 months about, and a ton of failure, BUT, I did not broke my mouse or keyboard lol. So,
I contacted with the Wwise team (Wwise is a program for audio edit and develop, and even more), Wargaming
used to rework the game audio with this program. From here thanks for the help for. I was read many threads
and also wathced tutorial videos, and with these I created this voice mod.

So, about the mod. It contains sound effects and voices from the AEG's videos, it's growth is 200 voices
that I put in the game. Most of them Edvin's voice, but there are also voices from Zwhatsh, the reason is
why this is like this, because it was hard to cut out Zwhatsh's voices from the videos because they were
too silent, or the background music was covered all of it. So I was like hunting for his voice. The sound
levels for every sound is set to same level with a different audio software, with Audacity, so all of them
almost on an equal sound level. Of course some can be a little louder or more silent than others, but this
was all set to an optimal level one by one. THATS A LOT OF WORK. But how about a little more.
It contains a Sixth Sense sound as well, the well known Hello there sound effect by Obi-Wan Kenobi from
Star Wars.

So for the installation (no, no need for degree, it is the easiest thing ever after dying in a tier X battle with a stock tank)

-Copy the res and res_mods folder to the World of Tanks main directory. (Thanks Cpt. Obvious)
-The res folder itself is for the Sixth Sense sound, you have to apply in the in-game settings on the audio
tab the SixthSense sound to "User's sound" or something like it, you will find it. And of course for the
voice mod to work you have to set the voices to "Normal", if it is on "International", otherwise it will not work.

If a new patch comes, find res_mods folder in the main directory, inside you will see the version numbers.
Just copy the audioww folder from AEGsoundModbyKISkormany/res_mods, and paste it to the new version's directory.
Easier, currently the WoT version is 1.7, comes a new patch called 1.8, then you find res_mods folder inside
World Of Tanks main directory, inside that find 1.7, copy the audioww folder from it, and paste it to the 1.8
folder.

You can set the voice sound level in game as well, if you find it too loud, just lower the voice notificatios
field inside the game settings on the audio tab. If you find it too silent, lower all the other sounds and
put onto maximum the voice notification field. Easy does it. It was tested with different sound hardwares,
so it have to be on optimal level anyway. But every PC is different even with same settings.

Edvin, and Zwhatsh, if you are reading this. I also understand that if the worst happens, and you would not
like to see this mod on the mods list, if you contact me about to delete it for some reason, I will. I know
that all the contect used up when creating the mod belongs to you guys. I just wanted something funny and
creative for
the community and myself.

I am not going to make a preview video about it because I am not a combat veteran when talking about video
editing, so I let you guys first to discover how it is. Maybe one day Edvin and Zwhatsh will make a video
about it, or not, and then you can see what you have downloaded. (But if they do please read this text with
your narrator's sound :D )

If the feedbacks are positive, I will recreate long forgotten voice mods aswell, or upgrade this one too,
that is the future, depends on the feedbacks, if they positive. Before you would contact me about voice mods,
you can find me in-game, KISkormany16__HUN. I am not an official sound designer, just a forklifter in a
warehouse. So please do not expect me correct answers if you have a question about making voice mods,
but I am all yours and I try to help. If you have any suggestions, and I receive it multiple times, of course
I will modify the voice mod.

And last but not least. As I mentioned, only this one took me about two months, and If it goes well, I also
will make further voice mods.If you think you want to support me and my works, you can donate for me if you
think, of course, it's on you.
My paypal link:
paypal.me/KISkormany16

And some last words, if you think you have some great idea also, and I see fantasy in it as well, then I can
make yours too, depends on how this one will debate.

Enjoy!
THATS A LOT OF TEXT

Download:

https://wgmods.net/4102/

Edited by KISkormany16__HUN, Today, 11:14 AM.

lars_volvo #2 Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6274 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-

i can't get it to work

:confused:

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9913 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

First of all: try the mods subforum.

Secondly: upload it to wgmods.net.

KISkormany16__HUN #4 Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38339 battles

View Postlars_volvo, on 16 January 2020 - 04:30 PM, said:

i can't get it to work

How you tried to install it?

copy the res and res_mods to your WoT main directory, and after login to the game , go to settings, audio tab, and set the voice sound from International to Normal, if it is on that. Same goes to Sixth sense, set it to user's sound.

17:01 Added after 1 minute
As for the rest, I do not know if it is compatible with any other mods.
17:06 Added after 5 minute

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 16 January 2020 - 04:44 PM, said:

First of all: try the mods subforum.

Secondly: upload it to wgmods.net.

It is already under review on wgmods.net , but yea, you say something about mods subforum. This is my first forum thread so that was not come into my mind :P

Forcellrus #5 Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:50 PM

Sergeant

• 15248 battles
  • [DSCRD] DSCRD
Moved to the Mods section.

KISkormany16__HUN #6 Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38339 battles

View PostForcellrus, on 18 January 2020 - 04:50 PM, said:

Moved to the Mods section.

Thanks