Offensive Nick names!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

RaxipIx #1 Posted 18 January 2020 - 12:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35906 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

This has a back story that i won't share.

But really WG staff, is it that hard to do some mediocre searches like every 6 months to clear the really offensive names.

Played several battles today and first game,i saw ( insert very offensive nick), second battle i started to keep an eye on this ....another one....few battles latter another one.

6'th battle another one.

So it caught my eye, and i started to make very simple searches->drug related, sexually related and so on.

And be hold, after quick serches-> english is not my first language, and i saw bare minimum 100, then i started searching in Hu/Ro, then i started changing an i=1 and and a=4 insert very bad and rule breaking names.

So i guess, i will be back to my new hobby, before work, in front of a laptop make a 1-2 min search and report them all.

Why you might ask? Because i am bored, and the offenders break the rules.

Cheers!

MeNoobTank #2 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18226 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

Your nickname kinda offends me and may offend others.

Also definitely my nickname offends myself.

I feel very hurt right now, I go watch some bad sitcom to feel better :(

RaxipIx #3 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35906 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostMeNoobTank, on 18 January 2020 - 01:00 AM, said:

View PostMeNoobTank, on 18 January 2020 - 01:00 AM, said:

Ah you lucky, i  can't make a reasonable argument for a forced rename in this case sadly:) No worries though, i know how to force renames when i have ground/

NekoPuffer_PPP #4 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:14 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35792 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostRaxipIx, on 18 January 2020 - 12:56 AM, said:

sexually related

If you are offended by sex, there is something wrong with you. Visit a therapist.

I used to be called PervyPastryPuffer, a nickname in reference to an anime visual novel I like. It was changed because of the "Pervy" bit, deemed as "mature content", after a year of using it both in-game and on the forums.

Sex is the reason we all exist. The fact it offends some people boggles my mind.

RaxipIx #5 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35906 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 18 January 2020 - 01:14 AM, said:

If you are offended by sex, there is something wrong with you. Visit a therapist.

I used to be called PervyPastryPuffer, a nickname in reference to an anime visual novel I like. It was changed because of the "Pervy" bit, deemed as "mature content", after a year of using it both in-game and on the forums.

Sex is the reason we all exist. The fact it offends some people boggles my mind.

3.08 which have an association with sexuality, pedophilia, sexual abuse; or have an offensive connection to

the human body or bodily functions.

3.09 which contain nudity, sexually explicit material or content that is otherwise deemed inappropriate.

I am not.,  just  copy pasting CS the rules:) I never imagined it will be so easy, but after some practice i became a  natural!

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35792 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostRaxipIx, on 18 January 2020 - 01:23 AM, said:

3.08 which have an association with sexuality, pedophilia, sexual abuse; or have an offensive connection to

the human body or bodily functions.

3.09 which contain nudity, sexually explicit material or content that is otherwise deemed inappropriate.

I am not.,  just  copy pasting CS the rules:) I never imagined it will be so easy, but after some practice i became a  natural!

So what does the word "pervy" fall under? Are those the only rules? They don't seem to cover adjectives describing oneself.

RaxipIx #7 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35906 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 18 January 2020 - 01:35 AM, said:

So what does the word "pervy" fall under? Are those the only rules? They don't seem to cover adjectives describing oneself.

Why are you asking me, i am no WG  staff.There are many other rules i like to quote, but you were specific, so i copy pasted the rules that apply to that specific question@

NekoPuffer_PPP #8 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35792 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostRaxipIx, on 18 January 2020 - 01:39 AM, said:

Why are you asking me, i am no WG  staff.There are many other rules i like to quote, but you were specific, so i copy pasted the rules that apply to that specific question@

Personal opinion.

I think I got my name changed for no good reason. In fact, many people found it funny, rather than inappropriate...

Ehh, whatever.

RaxipIx #9 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:47 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35906 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 18 January 2020 - 01:42 AM, said:

Personal opinion.

rr pf yr

I think I got my name changed for no good reason. In fact, many people found it funny, rather than inappropriate...

Ehh, whatever.

I'm sorry  to hear that. I had nothing to do with the name change, and  while pervy can  mean couple of things, i'm more focused on the very blatatn rule breakers.

Bulldog_Drummond #10 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34477 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostRaxipIx, on 17 January 2020 - 11:56 PM, said:

But really WG staff, is it that hard to do some mediocre searches like every 6 months to clear the really offensive names.

Played several battles today and first game,i saw ( insert very offensive nick), second battle i started to keep an eye on this ....another one....few battles latter another one.

6'th battle another one.

So it caught my eye, and i started to make very simple searches->drug related, sexually related and so on.

And be hold, after quick serches-> english is not my first language, and i saw bare minimum 100, then i started searching in Hu/Ro, then i started changing an i=1 and and a=4 insert very bad and rule breaking names.

So i guess, i will be back to my new hobby, before work, in front of a laptop make a 1-2 min search and report them all.

Cheers!

Snowflake generation, offended by anything and keen to no platform

In my day we laughed it off, ignored it or argued

In real life I have so many dinosaur opinions that I am more than happy to share face to face

Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 18 January 2020 - 01:54 AM.

RaxipIx #11 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35906 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 18 January 2020 - 01:50 AM, said:

Snowflake generation, offended by anything and keen to no platform

In my day we laughed it off, ignored it or argued

Ah you showed uo. I still love reading most of the useless topics you make. I think though i asked a valid question?

Bulldog_Drummond #12 Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34477 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostRaxipIx, on 18 January 2020 - 12:53 AM, said:

Ah you showed uo. I still love reading most of the useless topics you make. I think though i asked a valid question?

My question would be why would you even care?

You have invaded my safe space by calling my topics "useless" and I shall be reporting you to the mods for hurting my feelings

frange #13 Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32019 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR
[edited]

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 18 January 2020 - 02:49 AM.
offensive content

RaxipIx #14 Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35906 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

I think i was fair. Naming the topics useless is an upgrade imo, giving too much credit!

Bulldog_Drummond #15 Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34477 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostRaxipIx, on 18 January 2020 - 01:01 AM, said:

I think i was fair. Naming the topics useless is an upgrade imo, giving too much credit!

Although there exist many thousand subjects for elegant conversation, there are persons who cannot meet a cripple without talking about feet.

Private_Miros #16 Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26272 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

T...fuk?

Nice clan name.

Bulldog_Drummond #17 Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34477 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 18 January 2020 - 01:05 AM, said:

T...fuk?

Nice clan name.

We do have another called CNUT

There are probably some other juicy ones out there

These all invade my safe space and cause me palpitations

m1x_angelico #18 Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27270 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostRaxipIx, on 18 January 2020 - 12:56 AM, said:

6'th battle another one.

Cheers!

They don't do it because it requires work. If expenses of taking action outweigh negative effects of not taking action, no action will be taken.

If someone in (online or other) media made a big deal about it - allowing children and minors to be exposed to this, then the negative effects would outweigh inaction and WG would do something about it. Not nice but that is how the world works.

Few days ago in my country some cute girl took a video of herself doing several traffic violations in the process, sufficient to take her driving license away for life. People became polarized and started arguing about it. The main argument I heard is that "she didn't endanger or hurt anyone" by it, and that people are triggered or being snowflakes for every tiny thing, that they are envious, etc...This is probably something you will also hear here.

In my experience, there is unfortunately too many people who don't understand the rules (why they exist) and even when they do, they think rules should not apply to them. This comes from lack of education and lack of intellectual/emotional maturity. I see this every day in my work. And there is no way around it. These people can only be punished, in one way or another. Unfortunately, usually there is no discussion with them. That's why one of the most used penalties in the Western world is financial penalty, and in the other parts of the world where this is not effective, physical punishment. If someone was to impose a hefty financial penalty on WG, they would very soon fix this, so to speak.

NekoPuffer_PPP #19 Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:21 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35792 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 18 January 2020 - 02:09 AM, said:

We do have another called CNUT

There are probably some other juicy ones out there

These all invade my safe space and cause me palpitations

I saw one called KNOB once...

Had to explain to the guy what it meant, he had no idea :D

Bulldog_Drummond #20 Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34477 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Postm1x_angelico, on 18 January 2020 - 01:12 AM, said:

They don't do it because it requires work. If expenses of taking action outweigh negative effects of not taking action, no action will be taken.

If someone in (online or other) media made a big deal about it - allowing children and minors to be exposed to this, then the negative effects would outweigh inaction and WG would do something about it. Not nice but that is how the world works.

Few days ago in my country some cute girl took a video of herself doing several traffic violations in the process, sufficient to take her driving license away for life. People became polarized and started arguing about it. The main argument I heard is that "she didn't endanger or hurt anyone" by it, and that people are triggered or being snowflakes for every tiny thing, that they are envious, etc...This is probably something you will also hear here.

In my experience, there is unfortunately too many people who don't understand the rules (why they exist) and even when they do, they think rules should not apply to them. This comes from lack of education and lack of intellectual/emotional maturity. I see this every day in my work. And there is no way around it. These people can only be punished, in one way or another. Unfortunately, usually there is no discussion with them. That's why one of the most used penalties in the Western world is financial penalty, and in the other parts of the world where this is not effective, physical punishment. If someone was to impose a hefty financial penalty on WG, they would very soon fix this, so to speak.

There are rules and there are rules

Rules to punish people for killing and stealing are obvious ones, and I think all would agree on those and similar stuff

Beyond that we are into a funny sort of world where in one place you can walk on the grass and in another it is a criminal offence to do so.

The EU requires funds to publish forward projections, and in the US to do so is illegal (I am with the US on this)

Private stuff is even more peculiar.  I wouldn't be allowed into my clubs if I were not wearing a tie.

Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 18 January 2020 - 02:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users