Language options

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Geoffrey_Ironfist #1 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31896 battles
  • [YBB] YBB
I have the English language version of the game but if I change the commanders' voice to standard, the voiceover has an American accent. Is there a way to make the accent British English?

Spurtung #2 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78574 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

Sure, play British tanks without the commanders set to standard. Duh.

Or mod it.

Other than that, in vanilla client, there's nothing you can do.

Edit: and be grateful there are no translation issues like in some versions...

Edited by Spurtung, 18 January 2020 - 03:49 AM.

Geoffrey_Ironfist #3 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31896 battles
  • [YBB] YBB
Is there a mod?

strv_varjager #4 Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6928 battles
I use the native language of all my crews, i have no clue what they are saying most of the time but i like the fact that the russian crew speaks russian or the swedish crew speaks swedish.

1ucky #5 Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91645 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

If there's audio files client-side, you can overwrite them with your own recordings.

Guess you could call that a mod, why not.

Geoffrey_Ironfist #6 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31896 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

View Post1ucky, on 18 January 2020 - 07:00 AM, said:

If there's audio files client-side, you can overwrite them with your own recordings.

Guess you could call that a mod, why not.

It's an idea, thanks. Oh, I found this https://www.youtube....eature=emb_logo

and this https://www.youtube....eature=emb_logo

Does anyone have any idea if these still work, and how to add them to the game?

I would probably be happier with just another actor saying the same stuff as in the original files, but whatever.

View Poststrv_varjager, on 18 January 2020 - 06:27 AM, said:

I use the native language of all my crews, i have no clue what they are saying most of the time but i like the fact that the russian crew speaks russian or the swedish crew speaks swedish.

I can understand German and the occasional French and Italian but with the other languages it becomes a problem. The other day I was dueling with someone and my tank was being hit by all kinds of things and suffering all kinds of crits and maybe a crew loss and the commentator was frantically screaming in Russian but I was too busy figure out what was going on. I reckon had I understood what the commentator was saying when he was saying it, I might have acted on time and gotten myself out of that tricky situation alive.

WG, maybe give us a couple of voiceover actor options, Standard 1, Srandard 2, Standard 3?

Edited by Geoffrey_Ironfist, 18 January 2020 - 03:54 PM.

Homer_J #7 Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:16 PM

Field Marshal

• 33627 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 18 January 2020 - 02:23 AM, said:

I have the English language version of the game but if I change the commanders' voice to standard, the voiceover has an American accent. Is there a way to make the accent British English?

They once replaced the American accent with an even more over the top Holywood style American accent, the uproar was such that they patched it back after about 3 days.  Since then we have been thankful for what we have.

The American accent may be due to the English version of the game starting out with the NA server.  The EU server only appeared toward the end of beta.

Nishi_Kinuyo #8 Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10494 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 18 January 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

I can understand German and the occasional French and Italian but with the other languages it becomes a problem. The other day I was dueling with someone and my tank was being hit by all kinds of things and suffering all kinds of crits and maybe a crew loss and the commentator was frantically screaming in Russian but I was too busy figure out what was going on. I reckon had I understood what the commentator was saying when he was saying it, I might have acted on time and gotten myself out of that tricky situation alive.

WG, maybe give us a couple of voiceover actor options, Standard 1, Srandard 2, Standard 3?

Should be easy enough to mod for oneself.

Open the audioww-part1.pkg and part2.pkg files in your res folder with 7zip (free program), and extract the voiceover.bnk for your nation of choice, then create and put them in the respective folders in your res_mods folder.

E.g. the UK voiceover.bnk file in C:\Wargaming\World_of_Tanks_EU\res_mods\1.7.0.2\audioww\USSR.

That should give you the British voiceover lines when playing Savyet tanks, afaik.

Other voicemods work on the same principle, e.g. the Nishi Kinuyo voicemod that I use.

Spoiler

Yes, she is quite a talker, and it is entirely in Japanese.

You get used to it, and I actually understand most of what she's saying.

FataL_ShadowZ #9 Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13726 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 18 January 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

You get used to it, and I actually understand most of what she's saying.

I'm not sure I ever could, my head hurts just from watching that clip.I have absolutely 0 knowledge of anime(iirc channel 4 or 5 in the UK used to show Anime films late at weekends many years ago but the only thing I remember was Akira) so I just don't get the appeal of such voiceovers.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #10 Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:08 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 26777 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 18 January 2020 - 02:56 AM, said:

Is there a mod?

Yeah, but it's a Saturday, they'll be playing with themselves.  ;)

PowJay #11 Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:32 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41372 battles

View Poststrv_varjager, on 18 January 2020 - 05:27 AM, said:

Me neither, but as frustrating as it is, one of THE funniest things in WoT is a Chinese Commander going crazy when shots keep bouncing. It's almost like he really is getting VERY angry/frustrated with each successive ricochet.

Does anyone know what the Polish Commander says at the start of battle, sometimes. Forgive me as I am only going phonetically, but it sounds like Chair che chair che chair chair, or similar. I haven't played a Polish tank since Autumn, so the exact phrase escapes me, but it does kind of sound like he wants the entire crew to sit down. Thanks in advance.

Geoffrey_Ironfist #12 Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31896 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

I found the solution! There is a voice selector mod in the official mod hub that allows you to select a voiceover of your choice as Standard. It is possible to select British English, French or any other voiceover in place of the American English option.

EDIT: After the double-barreled tanks were added this mod stopped working. I hope the modder (AryanneTheGermanPony) can update it! Anyone who knows of an American voice mod (from someone under 60 years of age) please also let me/us know. British English still preferred.

Edited by Geoffrey_Ironfist, 02 February 2020 - 12:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users