What did you learn?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

the_nebuchadnezzar #21 Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56369 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
I don't know about WN8 or WR, but my gold stack went up like a Space X shuttle...

killer999death #22 Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27477 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
Event has been the same the past 3 years, I can't believe people are still impressed by it.

As for the second point, events always encourage dumb play and with wheeled vehicles being popular you see a lot of bumper carting going on. 

I'll tell you a secret. Stop caring about win rate and wn8 otherwise you will always have a bad time.

PowJay #23 Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41381 battles

View Postkiller999death, on 19 January 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

I'll tell you a secret. Stop caring about win rate and wn8 otherwise you will always have a bad time.

It's true that I feel much better when I accept that I've pretty much reached my skill ceiling and know that I'm unlikely to get much beyond my current stats. I've been at around 52.5 to 52.6% WR for, probably, around two years- at least. It goes up, and down within this bracket both slowly and sometimes more rapidly, but I think that the highest I've been any time that I remember is 52.59%

What bugs me isn't accepting that this is me, it's taking out vehicles that I have a proven track record with, trying for objectives that I know that I can achieve, and failing. Miserably. 

I'm not awesome by any stretch, but I do get medals and awards. Sometimes I'm playing for mission objectives and other times I'm just playing, but I've been trying to get a UK/US/Polish Ace Tanker by luck or design for months without success. 

I recently had an excellent battle in the Centurion 7/1 that got me 1st Class in a loss. That might have been for Courageous Resistance but otherwise had a great chance of being an Ace if we'd won. With a few more pens, I'd have probably both won and Aced the Hellcat in a recent battle, but no. I'm also struggling to complete Alliance 15 (1) With Honours, even though I do have capable vehicles. 

Yesterday it took 21 battles to get five eligible wins for the final Tank Rewards tokens. That's a real for ***** sake occurrence. Four tier IV battles were lost with three of my most-capable vehicles. 

That's what frustrates me, even accepting that I'll never be a unicum. :(

killer999death #24 Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27477 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

View PostPowJay, on 19 January 2020 - 02:25 PM, said:

It's true that I feel much better when I accept that I've pretty much reached my skill ceiling and know that I'm unlikely to get much beyond my current stats. I've been at around 52.5 to 52.6% WR for, probably, around two years- at least. It goes up, and down within this bracket both slowly and sometimes more rapidly, but I think that the highest I've been any time that I remember is 52.59%

What bugs me isn't accepting that this is me, it's taking out vehicles that I have a proven track record with, trying for objectives that I know that I can achieve, and failing. Miserably. 

I'm not awesome by any stretch, but I do get medals and awards. Sometimes I'm playing for mission objectives and other times I'm just playing, but I've been trying to get a UK/US/Polish Ace Tanker by luck or design for months without success. 

I recently had an excellent battle in the Centurion 7/1 that got me 1st Class in a loss. That might have been for Courageous Resistance but otherwise had a great chance of being an Ace if we'd won. With a few more pens, I'd have probably both won and Aced the Hellcat in a recent battle, but no. I'm also struggling to complete Alliance 15 (1) With Honours, even though I do have capable vehicles. 

Yesterday it took 21 battles to get five eligible wins for the final Tank Rewards tokens. That's a real for ***** sake occurrence. Four tier IV battles were lost with three of my most-capable vehicles. 

That's what frustrates me, even accepting that I'll never be a unicum. :(

I had 3 very good battles in a row with the Polish tier 7 heavy. 4k damage + spotting, multiple kills, decaps and so on. Lost battles.

then

4th battle I did 360 damage and we won, team literally steam rolled enemy so fast I could not get in position and when I shot shells missed targets which died in mere seconds after spotted. That was my double daily.

Sometimes you don't have much control of the outcome and if you are sensitive to losing then the game is not going to offer a good time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users