Is it just my imagination or does Conway have a faulty MM/Battle-weight?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

FizzlePopBerryTwist #1 Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32137 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

I get straight to it.

While i manage with most tanks roughly 52%+ win rate ... the Conway just refuses to let me win. Or at least the teams i play with do.

Yet: I deal right from the start on ~ up until i die as one of the last guys, 4700+ damage and i lose. < high caliber btw

I have to kill 5ppl on Lakeville (2 TD's on the mid lane, which exposed me greatly) in order to snipe the city and CLAW A WIN out of it... - the f*?

Current session.

ZKUgHhr.jpg

Udes: RNG tries to troll me hard despite letting the gun aim in, but i still like it.

EBR: broom broom. Fun to brake lines and kill artilleries :)

WZ: just got the engine. It is getting there. Not a particular strong scout i think, but not bad either

TVP: even with Topgun i cant see this giant piece of wet toilet paper being 'Fearsome' 

BC: i wish i could switch to a smaller clip size. 6 takes forever to reload<.< 

T-50-2: playing since 2011, that's my first cruise in the T-50-2 (just had T-50 apparently? idk. forever ago), its okay.

VKK: tough tank.Love the alpha.

Overall, i think i do 'fine' today... but as you can see: 2/11 with Conway!? with the ladder match (screenshots) being THIS close to a defeat!?

Oh and this happened during the round:

zpRdLBc.jpg

I load one Hesh round to make sure to 1 hit the Su ........ aaaaaaaaand........ nothing.

It didn't show any module damage done (neither was there a voice-line). It wasn't chained. IF i was to hit the gun, it didn't break or receive any damage whatsoever.

Another case of flawless math: Paper armor > BIG shells. At this point, it's a meme. :arta:

Unlocked tanks: doing fine.

Locked tanks: stumbling about (don't really care)

Conway is unlocked: matches end in 3~4 minute defeats. (< despite trying to make it work -and my garage certainly got enough similar tanks as it is! nothing new here!)

Me paranoid sees a pattern here. Some tanks are simply cursed.

Edit: next 3-minute loss. 3/18 now. (srly i think i just quit back to garage from now on. Not F worth my time)

Last victory again: won by just about 2k HP left. If their BC hadn't made that one mistake to run into my line of fire... that be 2/19 <.< broken confirmed

Edited by FizzlePopBerryTwist, 18 January 2020 - 03:58 PM.

UrQuan #2 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Bad runs happen, just like good runs. Look at the UDES & EBR they got a nice run (unlike your Conway). In the end, no matter how good you are, you need the team as well & if you land in the teams that make the bad calls, you have to put out alot more effort to win (or lose alongside them). On losses where you did well, know that you did your part. In case you got an award like High caliber, know that the game rewards you with courageous resistance XP bonus (which is considered part of the base XP for most XP calculations!)

On cursed tanks, have you tried considering that perhaps it could be you? A tank can be great, but if misplayed it will still struggle hard to win. In my case i could never make the T-10 work, even tho it tend to be ranked as a pretty good T9 tank.

If you do consistently bad in a tank (not just a session) do look into the matter if perhaps the tank suits the way you play (in my case, I really have to adopt the med tank mindset for the T-10, which is hard for me...)

Regarding the low damage on the SU-130 without module damage, I suspect you missed it & it was the splash that hit him. HESH is just a HE shell with high pen mechanic wise. This in a way shows the advantage of HE, if it acted as a normal shell, it would have done no damage at all on a miss.

FizzlePopBerryTwist #3 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32137 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

I do have many turreted TD's. Kv2's and the Fv183... doing 2k+ isn't that hard in this tank. Yet if you are alone after less than 5 minutes... i'm pretty sure it's not me. F teams. Not my fault.

For the SU theory. I will save the next replay. You are right, this might explains it. Had to be a Pixel close miss. Had to snapshot it

Edited by FizzlePopBerryTwist, 18 January 2020 - 03:23 PM.

FizzlePopBerryTwist #4 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32137 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

J4x6bcZ.jpg

nvbzfwy.jpg
Conway simply gets bad teams for whatever reason. 

5 ppl (ONE THIRD!) did 0......... another 6 couldn't crack 4 digits. Glorious teams

Edited by FizzlePopBerryTwist, 18 January 2020 - 03:34 PM.

vonadnan #5 Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30575 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
Yeah, sometimes its just impossible.. The teams melt.. Donno, when I took the big gun on Conway the numbers went up, but I get your frustration. Btw do u have any blueprintes for Chech? If u do, skip that turd of a tank

Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10251 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostFizzlePopBerryTwist, on 18 January 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

I get straight to it.

Overall, i think i do 'fine' today... but as you can see: 2/11 with Conway!? with the ladder match (screenshots) being THIS close to a defeat!?

Oh and this happened during the round:

zpRdLBc.jpg

I load one Hesh round to make sure to 1 hit the Su ........ aaaaaaaaand........ nothing.

It didn't show any module damage done (neither was there a voice-line). It wasn't chained. IF i was to hit the gun, it didn't break or receive any damage whatsoever.

Module hit indication only happens, afaik if it does enough damage to make it turn orange or red.

If it fails to do either, it does not get notified.

And some tanks do seem to be cursed at times.

Last month I had fairly decent performances in my KV-3, but dropped to a 39% winrate with it regardless.

1ucky #7 Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 90611 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

I don't think it has broken MM.

And 11 is a small sample size, as has been pointed out.

But anyway, you'll bounce back.

I've had longer loss streaks than 11 in a row, if you would believe it, bad luck happens.

(I know it was certainly my fault too, but the other 29 guys always have something to do with it as well.)

FizzlePopBerryTwist #8 Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32137 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

View Post1ucky, on 18 January 2020 - 04:17 PM, said:

I don't think it has broken MM.

And 11 is a small sample size, as has been pointed out.

But anyway, you'll bounce back.

I've had longer loss streaks than 11 in a row, if you would believe it, bad luck happens.

(I know it was certainly my fault too, but the other 29 guys always have something to do with it as well.)

6 / 24

Swapped back to the quicker weapon... which also lets me freely rotate the turret. The big caliber doesn't let you do that.

This was Nr. 6

15Gyu1d.jpg

Tell me that isn't fu close. I was cornered in the south by T30 on hill and ISU to my left. Without Löwe scouting the hill by proxy that be my 5/27

Also 1658 wn8 so far... so not too bad for losing all the time. I deal my damage. I carry my packet. But without having 2-3 more packets on my shoulders thats not good enough. 

ps. http://wotreplays.eu/site/5191279#mines-fizzlepopberrytwist-fv4004_conway, of course, Su130 and Strv and that ISU did very fine too!! Shows that all it takes are 3~4 ppl actually working together. Something i sadly didn't have for the remaining 24+ fights... and since i do not pick the teams but the server does: bad mm by definition. And i don't say that lightly. (made a lengthy thread about how MM can be deceiving) 

Edit : 6/25

MDcfQOw.jpg

Löwe and 263 charged into an AMX... one after another... while there was a Su101 ready to shoot them in the back.

263 was first... he caught fire after the shot of 101... and then löwe was blocked off so he could get 2x dps to die :))  

E75 did bot in the north...... and so on and so forth.............. but its probably my fault. My fault to tell them NOT TO DO THAT....... bad MM at its finest.

Edited by FizzlePopBerryTwist, 18 January 2020 - 06:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users