Jump to content


WG lies or does Everything have another meaning ?


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

OrtegaSLO #1 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:54 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45433 battles
  • 471
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

So I got this nice coupon:

 

15% OFF EVERYTHING - WOT The coupon grants a one-time discount of 15% for any item in the Premium Shop. The coupon can be used for 7 days from the date of receipt.

 

everything wot coupon.png

 

So I looked into shop and found out that word Everything and any item must have a new meaning ?

 

premium shop items that are not everything.png

 

Since I can clearly see 6 items that don't belong into everything and any item in premium shop.

and therefore don't have 15% off.



malachi6 #2 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:58 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 51360 battles
  • 4,433
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
Welcome to the world of small print and buyer beware.  Healthy skepticism is a good approach to anything that marketeers shoot at you.

wsatnutter #3 Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:11 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26856 battles
  • 9,733
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
all that the eye sees is not there

8126Jakobsson #4 Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:28 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 83535 battles
  • 6,037
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
It's Wargaming. Dishonesty is to be expected. Apply that to the fact that they run a bank and likes to work with charities and you may get some interesting thoughts. Which reminds me that I have to do laundry before I'm out of clean undies.  

staurinsh #5 Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:36 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35650 battles
  • 345
  • Member since:
    01-21-2012
Wait till mods will type something "smart", like, in russia everthing is something else or bs like that, or if a map have bugs, then he asks what kind of graphic setings u are using.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:51 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 35888 battles
  • 5,462
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostOrtegaSLO, on 22 January 2020 - 07:54 AM, said:

Since I can clearly see 6 items that don't belong into everything and any item in premium shop.

and therefore don't have 15% off.

 

You can't stack discounts, you've never been able to and that's near enough standard practice for any retailer. This is a non-issue.



Spurtung #7 Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:55 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 77636 battles
  • 7,475
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 22 January 2020 - 07:51 AM, said:

 

You can't stack discounts, you've never been able to and that's near enough standard practice for any retailer. This is a non-issue.

 

True, but there's a -10% and a -9% in that image.

Stacking was never possible, but the practice is to deliver the best offer, which is the case of  the -30% in there.



Cobra6 #8 Posted 22 January 2020 - 09:54 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16562 battles
  • 18,038
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 22 January 2020 - 07:51 AM, said:

 

You can't stack discounts, you've never been able to and that's near enough standard practice for any retailer. This is a non-issue.


Actually two of my discount coupons in the past were valid on everything, even discounted items. But then again those were from the first batch of coupons where big discounts and discounts on everything were much more likely to drop. Nowadays these are extremely rare and most coupons you get are useless.

 

Cobra 6



Suurpolskija #9 Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:19 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24497 battles
  • 2,377
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
Breaking news: coupons are useless!

Nishi_Kinuyo #10 Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:26 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10266 battles
  • 7,098
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Afaik, the issue here is that the stuff he can't use the coupon on are from... twitch prime or something.



Wintermute_1 #11 Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:38 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 53029 battles
  • 2,534
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013
They also call them "unique" coupons... .... .... .... ... .. . . . .... .. that everyone gets sooner or later.

gunslingerXXX #12 Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:53 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13861 battles
  • 3,791
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

It's not a typical.WG thing though. Everything is false marketing today. When confronted just deny it and call it fake news. USA leader, UK leader, Russia leader. They all act the same. They all get away with it. 

In my opinion the coupons of WG should be the least of our problems/concerns.



OrtegaSLO #13 Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45433 battles
  • 471
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 22 January 2020 - 08:51 AM, said:

 

You can't stack discounts, you've never been able to and that's near enough standard practice for any retailer. This is a non-issue.

Think again:

 

discounts and coupons.png

Attached Files

  • Attached File   discounts and coupons.png   678.48K


Suurpolskija #14 Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24497 battles
  • 2,377
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 22 January 2020 - 11:53 AM, said:

It's not a typical.WG thing though. Everything is false marketing today. When confronted just deny it and call it fake news. USA leader, UK leader, Russia leader. They all act the same. They all get away with it. 

In my opinion the coupons of WG should be the least of our problems/concerns.

 

That escalated quickly. :popcorn:



Orkbert #15 Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:44 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29038 battles
  • 2,339
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

Though I'm confused by the change of wording. Usually the coupon description used to say that they were good for a "vast selection" of items which did indeed imply that they weren't good for everything (and nobody could say how large a "vast selection" would have to be)

 

Occasionally I do wonder if a coupon that gave only 5% off but would indeed be valid for everything and could be combined with any pre-existing discount might boost sales more but oh well, I'm not sitting in marketing at Wargaming.



gunslingerXXX #16 Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:58 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13861 battles
  • 3,791
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

View PostSuurpolskija, on 22 January 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

 

That escalated quickly. :popcorn:

Sry... having a bad day at work :harp:



unhappy_bunny #17 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:16 PM

    Brigadier

  • Moderator
  • 20651 battles
  • 4,087
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View Poststaurinsh, on 22 January 2020 - 07:36 AM, said:

Wait till mods will type something "smart", like, in russia everthing is something else or bs like that, or if a map have bugs, then he asks what kind of graphic setings u are using.

 

Mods will not respond as "official" representatives of WG on issues like this. It is not part of their job. Mods do not decide WG's policy nor do they influence it.

Mods will respond in their role as players of the game and as members of the forum, posting their personal opinions on issues just as you and every other player and forum member is entitled to do. Their opinions in no way represent WG's views. 

 

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 22 January 2020 - 07:28 AM, said:

It's Wargaming. Dishonesty is to be expected. Apply that to the fact that they run a bank and likes to work with charities and you may get some interesting thoughts. Which reminds me that I have to do laundry before I'm out of clean undies.  

 

I'm not sure that WG "run" a bank. They might be the largest shareholder in the bank but they still have a minority shareholding at around 26-30% of the shares.



stormermp #18 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 50795 battles
  • 168
  • [S4LT] S4LT
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

View PostOrtegaSLO, on 22 January 2020 - 06:54 AM, said:

So I got this nice coupon:

 

15% OFF EVERYTHING - WOT The coupon grants a one-time discount of 15% for any item in the Premium Shop. The coupon can be used for 7 days from the date of receipt.

 

everything wot coupon.png

 

So I looked into shop and found out that word Everything and any item must have a new meaning ?

 

premium shop items that are not everything.png

 

Since I can clearly see 6 items that don't belong into everything and any item in premium shop.

and therefore don't have 15% off.

Why would you ever thinking about supporting a company like WG is?they lie,quietly nerf/buff,screwing their customer base over and over 



Balc0ra #19 Posted 22 January 2020 - 02:49 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 75761 battles
  • 22,128
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

When these coupons did first arrive. They worked on everything. Even stacked with stuff already on discount. So I got a tier 8 premium for almost 50% off. I suspect they did not really want that. And thus some restrictions were added. Inc on stuff in a bundle, or already on a discount.

 

But... to their credit. Since those restrictions, they have removed some. As for a long time, it more or less only worked on some premium tanks.



ZliNemac #20 Posted 22 January 2020 - 03:00 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 45517 battles
  • 75
  • [BENCH] BENCH
  • Member since:
    01-02-2012

View Poststormermp, on 22 January 2020 - 12:33 PM, said:

Why would you ever thinking about supporting a company like WG is?they lie,quietly nerf/buff,screwing their customer base over and over 

 

Fully agree with You, but....again...You are still playing, right? Even if you are not paying single euro for it, if you actively play - you support them. Consequently, they can conclude that they are doing a good job.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users