WV vs LT

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

RockyRoller #1 Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40086 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

I was told here they never said this, so why does DezGamer at 7.38 also think they did?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:58 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36328 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
I had a good game once too.

Spurtung #3 Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78647 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

Facts:

- EBR 105's OPness made it connect 3 shots, while only taking 1 shot in return, on...another EBR 105. Weird, we could also use this video to talk about EBR 105s being killed in the first minute, but I guess we'll be talking about EBR 105 carrying games instead, because they always do that.

- EBR 105's OPness allowed it to shoot the back of a running away Progetto 65, killing it. No other tank does that.

- EBR 105's OPness made an IS-7 miss a shot and take one back while reloading. No other tank does that, either. IS-7 having no cover and just sitting there is obviously irrelevant, because no other tank could farm this beast while it moved and protected itself. Only the EBR 105 could shoot it, of course.

- EBR 105's OPness allowed it to connect a Grille 15 expertly using its legendary gun depression while poking over a hill. Totally hardcore.

- EBR 105's OPness let it connect a shot on a 121 exposed to it while looking the other way. No other tanks shot it while it showed them its back, and EBR 105 could connect yet another very difficult side shot.

- EBR 105's OPness let it finish off an AMX 13 105 that was a one-shot and moving in the same direction it did when it was last spotted. It was behind proper cover, not exposed at all.

- EBR 105's OPness allowed it to shoot the side of a capping 113 from under a train, while his team was the only with tanks west of the railroad. No other tank could ever take shots from those positions ever before. Totally unfair and game breaking. Other tanks engaging his allies kept being picked by side shots. Must be that OP autoaim and penetration, shooting like lasers.

And then it was 1 vs 4.

- EBR 105's OPness is solely responsible for getting the Grille 15 in yet another excellent position, well covered and not exposed at all. It was a tricky shot to take, of course.

- Enemy team, obviously, did what any sane person would do against a highly mobile tank with very low HP left and defended their cap, waiting for it. Oh, no, they went, again, to cap and, again, did nothing to counter that west position by having one in K4 or so. Not needed, best place is to go where others had been farmed and proceed to act the exact same way. EBR 105's OPness again, forcing them to play that way. BC 155 58 has a strong turret, another hard shot to take.

- EBR 105's OPness has put the E100 in the middle of the cap and taking shots under the traintrack, forcing it to miss by using The Force™. He also used Jedi mind tricks to keep the E100 in the middle of the cap since he was first spotted.

- it was also EBR 105's OPness that got the JgPz E100 away from that rock and perma-tracked. I mean, who needs to train repairs on a Jageroo, right? Especially when facing the 7th worst DPM of ALL tier 10s. Nobody, surely.

All these are 100% true.

Well, it's either that or a good player played well in a vehicle, just like he'd do in pretty much any other, and farmed not so good players that would also likely be worse than him in other vehicles. I mean, why else would he "waste" a shot tracking without damage so he could pick a Fadin's, all bots do that.

But it's anyone's guess, really.

Edited by Spurtung, 23 January 2020 - 10:58 AM.

GodTank2 #4 Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10116 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

People have good games even with the shittiest of tanks. Does that mean they are broken because the had 1 good game in it?

Dez got 1 good battle in the ebr and decided to make a video of the replay.

Actually i just realized that this is not even HIS replay its someone elses replay.

You can go on WotReplays and search for the best replays of any tanks you want. I found a replay in which someone did 7k with the manticore so i guess its op.

Edited by GodTank2, 23 January 2020 - 11:56 AM.

RockyRoller #5 Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40086 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

I know, it wasn't about the game, as uber as it was for that player. The title of my post is misleading. My issue was I posted something the usual suspects here poo-pooed and now Dezgamer says exactly the same thing if you go to the time stamp.

Will they be as critical of him as well, when he says exactly the same regarding LT being able to win 1 on 1 vs WV?

It seems to me WG made a promise and went back on it.

Klaus also made another video recently that makes another good point of another possible bait and switch.

Another instance of bait and switch might include British Light Tanks, the best camo? Dream on!  What they did on the premium was give the crew 100% camo skill, not adjust the tank stats.

It follows the same theme of are WG playing with hidden tank stats for sales rather than gameplay?

Edited by RockyRoller, 23 January 2020 - 12:33 PM.

Wintermute_1 #6 Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53367 battles
I know they didnt adjust the LT PMs when they introduced WVs which is ridiculous considering theres now more LTs competing on each team and every tracked LT now has a WV flying around infront of it.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76412 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Thing is... that like the other topic we had where one guy did see the tier X EBR do 5K damage on Mines. As apparently it was the first time he had ever seen anyone go past 5K on that map. Tank was broken and should be removed. Because of that one match.

Sure we see replays like that of EBR's doing well and dominating. But... do you see it every single game you see an EBR? No you don't. Old arty was broken, as they had good games like that fairly often. I can't say the same for EBR's vs other lights. Nor do my lights struggle to win vs them every single game. As if they did do as well as most claim here. Tracked light WR would have dropped a fair bit by now.

LethalWalou #8 Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:05 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34843 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostRockyRoller, on 23 January 2020 - 01:39 AM, said:

I was told here they never said this, so why does DezGamer at 7.38 also think they did?

Who told you that? Can we get a quote of some official source or was it your crayon king Claus Kellerman that said so? What did WG ''promise'' and go ''back on it''?

RaxipIx #9 Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36070 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

Yeah they have bad DPM/  few HP/ Bad view range, can't turn on the spot bla bla bla.

Does not change the fact they changed the CW meta-> you know one of the most competitive game mods. I wonder why such a horrible tank replaced for example the t-100 that has armor, has better view range, has more hp(i think), better dpm yady yady yady. It's better at everything, yet top clans always pick EBR's unless they need a t-100 to spot  passively in a bush on one flank.

LethalWalou #10 Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34843 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostRaxipIx, on 23 January 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

Does not change the fact they changed the CW meta

Do you know why they are valued in CW over other LTs? Is it because they are so OP and can carry a team to victory singlehandedly? Or is it something else? Have a guess.

Let me give a football analogy for you: Why a quick winger is a more preferred choice over a slow winger with other better attributes? In football nowadays, width is one of the key things and wingers offer the needed width. And for a counter attack to work, you need fast players, hence wingers who are quick get picked. In CW now early and active vision is the key, so of course EBRs get picked over other LTs because they are the best at providing early and active vision. It doesn't make them OP because of that. It just makes them a preferred choice for the current meta.

Warzey #11 Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 61136 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY

View PostRaxipIx, on 23 January 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

Yeah they have bad DPM/  few HP/ Bad view range, can't turn on the spot bla bla bla.

Does not change the fact they changed the CW meta-> you know one of the most competitive game mods. I wonder why such a horrible tank replaced for example the t-100 that has armor, has better view range, has more hp(i think), better dpm yady yady yady. It's better at everything, yet top clans always pick EBR's unless they need a t-100 to spot  passively in a bush on one flank.

You answered your own question, tanks in CW are picked to fulfill specific roles. 

gunslingerXXX #12 Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:16 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 14164 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Don't worry, I'm quite close to the 105, so there should be a nerf coming soon :izmena:

FatigueGalaxy #13 Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 23555 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostWarzey, on 23 January 2020 - 07:12 PM, said:

You answered your own question, tanks in CW are picked to fulfill specific roles. 

And EBRs fulfill their role in this highly competitive environment where players play as a team, focus fire, react to what's happening on the map and communicate with each other. Despite all of this, EBR are favoured over other light tanks. So what happens when you throw it into complete chaos which are random battles? It dominates.

OneSock #14 Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42890 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

The worst thing is that MM treats WV as LT. So you get thrown on a game were EBR is put up against LT and you can be fairly sure the team with WV is going to win.

MM should not allow this disparity WV != LT ... never ever.

RaxipIx #15 Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36070 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostLethalWalou, on 23 January 2020 - 05:57 PM, said:

Do you know why they are valued in CW over other LTs? Is it because they are so OP and can carry a team to victory singlehandedly? Or is it something else? Have a guess.

I don't need to take a guess. My point was  every thread people keep  defending them and painting them in a bad light, calling out on dpm,view range, gun,pen, and everything else.

So i ask yet again, if they have such bad characteristics, they must have something, or a combination of things to replace almost every time any other LT in competitive modes.

You know where tanks that are best at what they do get picked, like Chieftains,907,279e,cgc. See the  trend,  i never called them op, i did call them stupid and broken. I'm just happy dez and saw skill say pretty much about the same thing.

Warzey #16 Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 61136 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 23 January 2020 - 06:33 PM, said:

And EBRs fulfill their role in this highly competitive environment where players play as a team, focus fire, react to what's happening on the map and communicate with each other. Despite all of this, EBR are favoured over other light tanks. So what happens when you throw it into complete chaos which are random battles? It dominates.

Not really, as you know yourself there's far less communication in random battles compared to CW and strongholds. People won't take advantage of spotting done by ebr or any other light for that matter. 

Besides, tank being picked for specific role in CW doesn't make other tanks obsolete, for example you'll see a lot of soviet mediums in CW, but for randoms people might prefer stb or udes. 

LethalWalou #17 Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34843 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostRaxipIx, on 23 January 2020 - 06:52 PM, said:

So i ask yet again, if they have such bad characteristics, they must have something, or a combination of things to replace almost every time any other LT in competitive modes.

And two people already answered to you, or well you answered to yourself in your original comment. EBRs fulfill the role of providing early and active vision which is deemed important in CW. They are the best in class for that. It doesn't make them OP in randoms, all it is that they are preferred choice for CW set up.

RaxipIx #18 Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36070 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostLethalWalou, on 23 January 2020 - 08:33 PM, said:

And two people already answered to you, or well you answered to yourself in your original comment. EBRs fulfill the role of providing early and active vision which is deemed important in CW. They are the best in class for that. It doesn't make them OP in randoms, all it is that they are preferred choice for CW set up.

Ok and early vision and active vision, i mean the best tank for that is not good in Randoms?

LethalWalou #19 Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34843 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostRaxipIx, on 23 January 2020 - 07:55 PM, said:

Ok and early vision and active vision, i mean the best tank for that is not good in Randoms?

It's good for that in randoms too but it's not OP. It working in CW relies on the team play aspect of the CW battles. Randoms don't have that so the effect EBR has in CW battles does not translate with 1-to-1 ratio to randoms.

ZlatanArKung #20 Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:10 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 23 January 2020 - 08:33 PM, said:

They are better then light tanks at everything except sitting still in a bush. 

Most important.

They are more survivable (by quite alot).

They are way more maneuverable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users