STB 1 and changes in the Japanese tree

Japanese Changes Buff STB 1 Player suggestion Medium Tanks Hulldown

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Rieq #1 Posted 24 January 2020 - 04:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2783 battles

Hello, I would like to raise the topic of the Japanese medium tank line leading to a great STB 1 vehicle, read carefully and share your opinion on this topic.

I think that the big problem in this branch is the inconsistency of tier 5-9 vehicles with X tie (including STB 2)

Maybe at the beginning let us list the most important advantages of the X tier Japanese medium tank.

- Solid turret
- Good gun depresion (pneumatic suspension)
- Good mobility
- Decent accuracy

- Awensome DPM

These advantages make STB 1 fit well into the realities of the current world of tanks

Let's take a look at the entire line leading to STB

Not many have common features from tier 5-9 is a completely different game, we can not boldly go ahead on a hulldown like STB.

in fact the only common feature of these vehicles is good gun depresion and good mobility.

While the difference between tier 5-7 vehicles is normal in the game, 8.9 tier should be a kind of introduction to X (including STB 2).

An example would be a line to a vehicle similar to STB, the X tier Udes, in the Swedish line from tier 8 we are somehow introduced to the game Udes and we have a substitute for what awaits us on the tier X.

The Japanese line lacks this consistency for both tree vehicles and a tier 8 premium tank

I think that STA 2 should get a buff in the turret armor (already 150mm that would matter) and accuracy (0.35 would allow for more) and DPM , just as 8.9 vehicles should already be the germ of what awaits us for the X tier

I invite you to culturally disturb, share your opinions, maybe you do not agree with my opinion, let me know in the comment!
Greetings, have a nice day

Edited by Rieq, 24 January 2020 - 04:16 PM.

gitgud_cannot #2 Posted 24 January 2020 - 04:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32701 battles
Its one of rare times, when its a historical thing, so there is absolutely no need to make the whole jap med line with same game mechanics, btw turrets got buffed already.

Rieq #3 Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2783 battles

The point is that 8,9 tier vehicles introduce STB 1 to the style of play, that the Japanese line is coherent, apart from historical machines, we also have German heavy tanks and as everyone now knows in the game ...

Each tank has its strengths which are their showcase, a hallmark, the X vehicle in each development tree is a win over the entire line, in the case of the Japanese X tier medium tank line it is a completely different vehicle. For example, Japanese heavy tanks have been consistent for tier 5, we have slow colossi and the style of play is similar to each other and the type of heavy is the Type 5 heavy.

gitgud_cannot #4 Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32701 battles

View PostRieq, on 24 January 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

The point is that 8,9 tier vehicles introduce STB 1 to the style of play, that the Japanese line is coherent, apart from historical machines, we also have German heavy tanks and as everyone now knows in the game ...

Each tank has its strengths which are their showcase, a hallmark, the X vehicle in each development tree is a win over the entire line, in the case of the Japanese X tier medium tank line it is a completely different vehicle. For example, Japanese heavy tanks have been consistent for tier 5, we have slow colossi and the style of play is similar to each other and the type of heavy is the Type 5 heavy.

there are quite a few lines like that, why should they all be the same, i like when you get something different every time you move up a tier.

Rieq #5 Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2783 battles
I did not write that they were to be the same, I wrote that it would be good if they were close, so that players know what they are striving for and could sense the vehicle's style of play, not to make lines in the dark, so that it does not turn out that the Tier X vehicle we stuck in does not suit our style games, this is the idea in this bog, the development line you develop vehicles and the higher the tier of the vehicle, the style of the vehicle's game begins to be outlined, the strengths of the machine begin to emphasize

MeNoobTank #6 Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18226 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

In my opinion this line is good. They just buffed them recently. I would maybe buff slightly the mobility on the tier 7 Chi Ri, other than that I see no reason in a buff. They are very consistent, except for the STB that has that suspension but that is the only vehicle in the line that had it in real life too so I see no problem with it.

And they buffed the turrets on the tier 8 premium and non premium, I think they buffed the turret on the tier 9 too but not so sure.

FatigueGalaxy #7 Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23127 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I don't agree. Japanese med line is very consistent in gameplay from tier 8 to tier 10. It just gets better and STB's turret armour is just a bonus. Let's not forget that STB is still a paper tanks except frontal turret so gameplay you develop on STA-1 and Type 61 doesn't change at all. Situations when you can use that full gun depression and turret armour are rare and you are still supposed to snap-shot and avoid getting hit instead sitting hulldown and taking hits. Even the buffed turret is far from being strong with cupolas sticking out and vulnerability to HEAT.

When it comes to STA-2 - WG did a good job here, too. STA-1 has more firepower, STA-2 gets more mobility. Both tanks are equally strong, very similar but firepower and mobility difference justifies their existence. IMO more premiums should be like that - a different version of the tech tree tank. Instead, premiums are often better and sometimes fit the tech tree better than the current tech tree tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users