Irrelevance uncompetitive

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

stormermp #1 Posted 24 January 2020 - 07:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 50760 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
Why so many underpowered,unplayed time forgotten tanks/tanklines in this game?what is the point of them?wasted my credits and time grinding them but WG now has flavour of the month tanks policya and what is the point grinding or having anything that isn't meta?why just not removing these lines alltogether and just add tanks that is feasible or monthly meta change?just my proposal.

shikaka9 #2 Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 74926 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
is this self-beating?

Dava_117 #3 Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:01 PM

Major General

• 23549 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Poststormermp, on 24 January 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

Why so many underpowered,unplayed time forgotten tanks/tanklines in this game?what is the point of them?wasted my credits and time grinding them but WG now has flavour of the month tanks policya and what is the point grinding or having anything that isn't meta?why just not removing these lines alltogether and just add tanks that is feasible or monthly meta change?just my proposal.

Being meta is not necessary. Many tanks just need to be made fun to play. 

WG is really slow in rebalancing tank, both OP and UP one. Sad, because there are a lot of tanks that could fill the random queue that instead stay in garage as not fun to play, some even from day 0.

barison1 #4 Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 45488 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

dont mind playing mediocre tanks, gives nice variation and challenges

besides why do you buy them if you know you wouldnt like them as they are underpowered? blueprints and all are thrown at you to skip large ammount of grinding

stormermp #5 Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 50760 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View Postbarison1, on 24 January 2020 - 07:03 PM, said:

dont mind playing mediocre tanks, gives nice variation and challenges

besides why do you buy them if you know you wouldnt like them as they are underpowered? blueprints and all are thrown at you to skip large ammount of grinding

There is more and more tanks/lines which are made redundant/uncompetitive with every patch they release,furthermore WG just releases more over the top concepts and unrealistic(improbable)designs like the double barreled Red Alert tanks into the game instead start adressing forgotten lines and tanks,maybe some balance if possible

Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10251 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Well, at least he's got the right clan for this thread...

24doom24 #7 Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9052 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
The ammo rebalance has halted everything to do with balance in this game. 

The_Naa #8 Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10304 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

there will always be uncompetitive/underpowered tanks in this game.

the game has too much variables in it.

Gun stats, Mobility stats and soft stats for those. Armour stats and the tank model itself.

Type 5 Heavy was good tank in CW for city maps but after the nerf its rarely used.

T-22 med used to be god tier now after the nerf its bad. (i've heard atleast)

OBJ.279E is a great competitive tank.

T95/FV4201 is a great competitive tank. 

these ^ 2 are the CW meta now.

if they would get nerfed. other tanks such as IS-7 and S.Conq would get a huge buff that would make them as good as better than 279E and T95FV would they fall to that uncompetitive section of yours?

could TVP VTU ever replace Progetto 46 is current SH meta if it got buffed?

could Ferdinand overshadow Skorpion G in the current meta?

could jagdtiger 8.8, AMX CDC, Panther 8.8, T-34-2, T69, KV-5 ever be better or just as good as their current meta counter parts?

and if they could would they make their current meta counter part uncompetitive? underpowered? forgotten?

my point is: in this game there will always be tanks that are worse than others or better than others.

tanks like 121 and OBJ 430U even tho they look equal the 430U is better. because Meta. aparently armour overshadows gun stats. same with the OBJ.252U and IS-3

59-Patton vs type-59 other one has a huge cupola weakspot and other one does not.

there is always that little tiny bit of detail that makes the tank either good or bad.

_cro_magnon #9 Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34529 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostThe_Naa, on 24 January 2020 - 11:08 PM, said:

there will always be uncompetitive/underpowered tanks in this game.

the game has too much variables in it.

Gun stats, Mobility stats and soft stats for those. Armour stats and the tank model itself.

Type 5 Heavy was good tank in CW for city maps but after the nerf its rarely used.

T-22 med used to be god tier now after the nerf its bad. (i've heard atleast)

OBJ.279E is a great competitive tank.

T95/FV4201 is a great competitive tank. 

these ^ 2 are the CW meta now.

if they would get nerfed. other tanks such as IS-7 and S.Conq would get a huge buff that would make them as good as better than 279E and T95FV would they fall to that uncompetitive section of yours?

could TVP VTU ever replace Progetto 46 is current SH meta if it got buffed?

could Ferdinand overshadow Skorpion G in the current meta?

could jagdtiger 8.8, AMX CDC, Panther 8.8, T-34-2, T69, KV-5 ever be better or just as good as their current meta counter parts?

and if they could would they make their current meta counter part uncompetitive? underpowered? forgotten?

my point is: in this game there will always be tanks that are worse than others or better than others.

tanks like 121 and OBJ 430U even tho they look equal the 430U is better. because Meta. aparently armour overshadows gun stats. same with the OBJ.252U and IS-3

59-Patton vs type-59 other one has a huge cupola weakspot and other one does not.

there is always that little tiny bit of detail that makes the tank either good or bad.

279E and Chieftain are flat out broken, not "great competitive tanks". You also dance around OPs point - and that is, how many tanks are cucked because those two are just flat out broken. There are 22 tier 10 HTs IIRC and there are like 2-3 that reliably stand up to two flavor of the month [edited]tanks WG released. After few months WG is just gonna bring another 2 into the spotlight and shitty circle goes on. Same way how STB was kinda mediocre at best for years and now they just blatantly make it pretty much better than all other NATO MTs.

Nishi_Kinuyo #10 Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10251 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Post_cro_magnon, on 24 January 2020 - 11:40 PM, said:

279E and Chieftain are flat out broken, not "great competitive tanks". You also dance around OPs point - and that is, how many tanks are cucked because those two are just flat out broken. There are 22 tier 10 HTs IIRC and there are like 2-3 that reliably stand up to two flavor of the month [edited]tanks WG released. After few months WG is just gonna bring another 2 into the spotlight and shitty circle goes on. Same way how STB was kinda mediocre at best for years and now they just blatantly make it pretty much better than all other NATO MTs.

"Other" NATO MTs?

Japan isn't part of the NATO, so no, that's wrong.

Is it better than NATO MTs? Maybe.

barison1 #11 Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:50 AM

Major

• Player
  • 45488 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Poststormermp, on 24 January 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

There is more and more tanks/lines which are made redundant/uncompetitive with every patch they release,furthermore WG just releases more over the top concepts and unrealistic(improbable)designs like the double barreled Red Alert tanks into the game instead start adressing forgotten lines and tanks,maybe some balance if possible

yet i enjoy them quite some, just because tank x is weaker than tank y doesnt mean they are useless ingame, plenty tanks can still carry their own weight

The_Naa #12 Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10304 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_cro_magnon, on 24 January 2020 - 11:40 PM, said:

my views on the 279E and Chieftain are poor to say the least, as i have only encountered both tanks 3 time so far and each time i had JPE-100's HEAT shells preloaded. and that makes almost everything feel like butter. :unsure: 

but how to solve this problem?

as we stand now:

Spoiler

if you nerf 279E and Chieftain to the ground and make everything else better we would be here

Spoiler

if you buff everything else therefore making 279E and Chieftain out-dated we would be here:

Spoiler

as we see on the current list. 430U is ''hyper good'' while 121 is ''bad''. the extra armour makes the 430U fastly superior. even tho they are similiar tanks in almost every other way.

i dont see any possible way to make the game balanced in such a way that every tank in the game stand in the same category. (for each tier of course)

we will always have the ''best'' tanks and the ''bad'' tanks. it will only get mixed up a little.

the best tanks make the us decide what is meta and what is not. that is why we have...

View Poststormermp, on 24 January 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

..so many underpowered,unplayed time forgotten tanks/tanklines in this game

Edit. i did not make the list. i just took it and did a little paint work. :hiding:

Edited by The_Naa, 25 January 2020 - 01:00 AM.

24doom24 #13 Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9052 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostThe_Naa, on 24 January 2020 - 11:59 PM, said:

my views on the 279E and Chieftain are poor to say the least, as i have only encountered both tanks 3 time so far and each time i had JPE-100's HEAT shells preloaded. and that makes almost everything feel like butter. :unsure: 

as we stand now:

Spoiler

if you nerf 279E and Chieftain to the ground and make everything else better we would be here

Spoiler

if you buff everything else therefore making 279E and Chieftain out-dated we would be here:

Spoiler

as we see on the current list. 430U is ''hyper good'' while 121 is ''bad''. the extra armour makes the 430U fastly superior. even tho they are similiar tanks in almost every other way.

i dont see any possible way to make the game balanced in such a way that every tank in the game stand in the same category. (for each tier of course)

we will always have the ''best'' tanks and the ''bad'' tanks. it will only get mixed up a little.

the best tanks make the us decide what is meta and what is not. that is why we have...

Edit. i did not make the list. i just took it and did a little paint work. :hiding:

Those 'after' lists are completely arbitrary and are pointless to talk about. There are bad tanks in this game and it's very obvious why those are bad. You assume that tanks can only be balanced from one extreme to the other, which doesn't solve the problem.

Of course we won't ever be able to put every tank in the same category since there are so many variables (such as tank class, and broken mechanics which work irrespective of stats  *cough* wheels *cough* arty) but WG can at least try to reduce the overall difference between the very best tank and very worst while keeping average and well balanced tanks the same.

Edited by 24doom24, 25 January 2020 - 02:48 PM.

The_Naa #14 Posted 25 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10304 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post24doom24, on 25 January 2020 - 02:46 PM, said:

Those 'after' lists are completely arbitrary and are pointless to talk about. There are bad tanks in this game and it's very obvious why those are bad. You assume that tanks can only be balanced from one extreme to the other, which doesn't solve the problem.

i do no such thing. i just did extremely lazy job of modifying the orginal list with no thought process of what i moved and where. :P

i could make a list of how i really feel things should look like imho if you would like.

View Post24doom24, on 25 January 2020 - 02:46 PM, said:

Of course we won't ever be able to put every tank in the same category since there are so many variables (such as tank class, and broken mechanics which work irrespective of stats  *cough* wheels *cough* arty) but WG can at least try to reduce the overall difference between the very best tank and very worst while keeping average and well balanced tanks the same.

indeed.

Edited by The_Naa, 25 January 2020 - 03:17 PM.

Mimos_A #15 Posted 25 January 2020 - 03:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29328 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostThe_Naa, on 25 January 2020 - 12:59 AM, said:

as we stand now:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Grille "good", but Badger and E4 situational pretty much tells you everything you need to know about that list...

Dr_Oolen #16 Posted 25 January 2020 - 03:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23922 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
The issue is, before wg went full retard with balancing, even the worst t10 tanks could with full gold spam and food stand up to the most op tanks at the time and you never felt useless against them. These days you take the shittiest T10 tanks (or tanks on any tier really), load full gold, full improved equip, food, 5 skill crew and you still feel useless when facing the most op tanks. That is the problem. Way too many tanks simply get shat all over by the most op tanks in (almost) all possible situations without having any situations availible to them where they could in turn crapover the OP tanks or at least be equal to them.

The_Naa #17 Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10304 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMimos_A, on 25 January 2020 - 03:37 PM, said:

Grille "good", but Badger and E4 situational pretty much tells you everything you need to know about that list...

yeah.

i googled ''world of tanks tier 10 rated'' picked the first pick i could find and mixed a little at 3am and went to sleep.

if i were to make my own list it would look fastly different

xx984 #18 Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66654 battles
  • [HOOT] HOOT

View PostThe_Naa, on 24 January 2020 - 11:59 PM, said:

as we stand now:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Took it upon myself to fix that tier list. 

The_Naa #19 Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10304 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postxx984, on 25 January 2020 - 04:14 PM, said:

Spoiler

Took it upon myself to fix that tier list. 

this is about right. :great:

my list would look just about the same.

_cro_magnon #20 Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34529 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 25 January 2020 - 12:39 AM, said:

"Other" NATO MTs?

Japan isn't part of the NATO, so no, that's wrong.

Is it better than NATO MTs? Maybe.

Begone weeb.

105mm MT = NATO MT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users