• 1384 battles
  • [DKBOB] DKBOB

why is there no SPG in the shop

EdvinE20 #2 Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 41282 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
There are only 2 premium SPG's in the game, and they are both considered broken and/or OP. Wargaming only sell these during special occasions. Either in expensive bundles or in christmas boxes. There are many reasons why WG aren't making more premium SPG's, but wont list them here. I am just happy there are no high tier premium SPG's in the game yet. :ohmy:

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:10 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13861 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Please chose different gifts to drop from above ;)

splash_time #4 Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15141 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Ah, so you wish for another gold noob SPG?.... 

I know what you mean, but WG will make it fire with three guns at the same time, and move with 100 km/h, and it's alternative mode will be to change into a TD. ^^ 

This is how WG sees your idea. 

jack_timber #5 Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:31 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42884 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSanta_Claus__, on 25 January 2020 - 02:49 AM, said:

Often pondered this, is it because some are very anti Arty, well the vocal ones.

Some say everyone hates arty, not true I play them quite a lot and would welcome a premium arty but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

krismorgan #6 Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37786 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

View Postjack_timber, on 25 January 2020 - 07:31 AM, said:

Often pondered this, is it because some are very anti Arty, well the vocal ones.

Some say everyone hates arty, not true I play them quite a lot and would welcome a premium arty but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

I despised arty when i first played the game,i suffered but then i adapted and thought if you cant beat them join them,passing on my misery to others was relaxing :).Same with wheelies i hate them too but i started the grind same as arty.Shame we are stuck with the same old arty choices,something new would be nice but as Jack said dont hold your breath.

Supakadai #7 Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 57038 battles
Premium artys (along with M41 and certain other ridiculously overpowered vehicles) have already destroyed lower tier gameplay, adding overpowered arties to higher tears (nobody would buy underpowered ones) would kill off WoT even faster than it is happening atm.

SlyMeerkat #8 Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19131 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
I personally would love to see and hope they do add a high tier premium arty sometime just to laugh at the haters, their tears bring me great joy even though im not particularly an arty player myself with it being my least played class and would much rather play other classes but still, its just funny seeing the try hards crying :arta:

I_Click_You_QQ #9 Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1883 battles
plez WG add USA prem T8 arty

Nishi_Kinuyo #10 Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10266 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostI_Click_You_QQ, on 25 January 2020 - 04:21 PM, said:

plez WG add USA prem T8 arty

Nah, WG should add the Type 4 Ha-To as tier 8 premium arta to the game.

30cm of HE goodness to balance the game with. :trollface:

Homer_J #11 Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:19 PM

Field Marshal

• 33392 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Dear Santa, I have been a good boy and fixed your thread title. 

I also moved your topic to a more appropriate section of the forum.

Karasu_Hidesuke #12 Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17340 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostHomer_J, on 25 January 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

Dear Santa, I have been a good boy and fixed your thread title. 

I also moved your topic to a more appropriate section of the forum.

Wow! I never even heard of this forum section. :B

Dramya #13 Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16651 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostEdvinE20, on 25 January 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

There are only 2 premium SPG's in the game, and they are both considered broken and/or OP. Wargaming only sell these during special occasions. Either in expensive bundles or in christmas boxes. There are many reasons why WG aren't making more premium SPG's, but wont list them here. I am just happy there are no high tier premium SPG's in the game yet. :ohmy:

I am not pro nor anti SPG in the game (but I do cry a bit when I'm playing the Mauschen in Campinovka with 3 Artie's), however I would also be opposed to having a higher tier premium arty in the game. Reason for this is because a lot of below average players would like to play it for the credit income, but lacking the experience to play the Arty well. This would result in more games with arties, resulting in more campy gameplay.

Btw, everyone says the LeFH is so overpowered but I fail to see it. Yes, you can get more penetrating shots then any other SPG in the game because many lower tier tanks lack armor, but you still have to hit your shots and with the lack of accuracy you will miss a lot of shots. I have the LeFH, I have played it at least a couple of times, but I have never felt like "God from above" and I am not a bad arty player.

And before everyone jumps on me to call me a dirty clicker, I've played it to test it out but for the most part I only play arty for the missions because it simply is not my playstyle.

psychobear #14 Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19824 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

View PostSanta_Claus__, on 25 January 2020 - 04:49 AM, said:

Becouse that pathetic cheat class should be removed from the game, and WG knows it.

Karasu_Hidesuke #15 Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:47 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17340 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postpsychobear, on 26 January 2020 - 06:43 PM, said:

Becouse that pathetic cheat class should be removed from the game, and WG knows it.

Well, that depends. If the arty was used properly, it would help make the battles more dynamic. By properly, I mean to help your team to attack and push, not damage farming.

Darth_Clicker #16 Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 63783 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostEdvinE20, on 25 January 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

Sexton I is OP?  HAHA.....that is very funny. :D

Orkbert #17 Posted 02 February 2020 - 03:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29038 battles

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 02 February 2020 - 12:27 PM, said:

Sexton I is OP?  HAHA.....that is very funny. :D

But it is, and that's for two obvious reasons:

1st, it is the heaviest tierIII tank (even the Type 91 is about a quarter lighter), heck, even among tierIV vehicles only the Heavies can compete with the weight of the Sexton.

So while ramming an arty to kill it before it gets another shot at you is still valid any prospective SPG hunter should be aware that he will trade in quite some hitpoints for doing so.

And in return, if you drive a Sexton yourself and someone tries to ram you, don't shy away from it, get on a collision course and go down with a bang (and possibly a Kamikaze medal)

2nd, the Sexton has a Radio Operator which no other British SPG has. now some would say that is not an advantage but it sure must mean something (apart from that the devs obviously not really think much when they design a premium vehicle)

_Sentinel_ #18 Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20165 battles

View Postjack_timber, on 25 January 2020 - 07:31 AM, said:

Well surely not everyone. Only like 90% of the playerbase probably. Of course artillery players would love for another chance of buying the OP lefefefe and ruining the fun for everyone else even more.

Darth_Clicker #19 Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:28 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 63783 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View Post_Sentinel_, on 04 February 2020 - 06:05 AM, said:

Well surely not everyone. Only like 90% of the playerbase probably. Of course artillery players would love for another chance of buying the OP lefefefe and ruining the fun for everyone else even more.

The percentage of players that hates artillery is something like approximately around the area of about 19.7856%   :trollface:

Darth_Clicker #20 Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:11 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 63783 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostOrkbert, on 02 February 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

But it is, and that's for two obvious reasons:

1st, it is the heaviest tierIII tank (even the Type 91 is about a quarter lighter), heck, even among tierIV vehicles only the Heavies can compete with the weight of the Sexton.

So while ramming an arty to kill it before it gets another shot at you is still valid any prospective SPG hunter should be aware that he will trade in quite some hitpoints for doing so.

And in return, if you drive a Sexton yourself and someone tries to ram you, don't shy away from it, get on a collision course and go down with a bang (and possibly a Kamikaze medal)

2nd, the Sexton has a Radio Operator which no other British SPG has. now some would say that is not an advantage but it sure must mean something (apart from that the devs obviously not really think much when they design a premium vehicle)

I see your points, but I still wouldn't consider it to be OP overall.  But, a lot of my artys have survived being rammed by tanks while destroying the ramming tank.  And, the M7 Priest is almost as heavy at over 23 tons plus the M7 has double the frontal armor at 101.6 mm.  The Sexton I does have a higher top speed by 3 km/h, but ground resistance is worse on the Sexton I so I can't see an advantage there.  There are only 2 tier III spgs with worse radio range than the Sexton.  The Lorr. 39L AM and the Wespe.  The other 4 tier IIIs have much superior radio range.  But like you said, radio range is not really an advantage in the eyes of some...including me.

It does have AP shells available and 44mm of pen which 17mm better than the next best tier III.  Those are the only two areas that I consider it to really be superior at tier III.  And I don't feel that makes it OP.  I never bought it because I felt like it was too similar to the Sexton II and wasn't worth buying it.

I just had a look at the stats on wn8lab's website ( https://wn8lab.com/tanks/stats ;) and can see that among win8lab users the Sexton I has been played a lot relative to the other tier III spgs over the last 28 days.  More than 2x the total of the other tier IIIs combined.  But it doesn't have OP results overall in my opinion.  T

But, this is just my opinion and we all know how much an opinion is really worth....:teethhappy:

But the only 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users