• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

AIZEN_GUARD #1 Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25490 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

hi

i see HEAT shell if hit a wall they cant pass it but they can pen space armor of some tank (not heavy armored space) like the side of E100 get pen in sapce armor so why when a tank are close to wall or break able part of map this system only absorb shell and not damage the tank in less 1meter away .

i mean they can add a HE effect to shell if it hit some random object in map or tank body no just get absorb and do a little damage

my English is bad sry!!

GodTank2 #2 Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10163 battles
  • [RF_] RF_
Because this is how the HEAT shell is designed. HEAT is absorbed on impact. Spaced armor massively lowers the penetration value of HEAT. Also no HEAT round can pen the spaced armor of the E 100s Side.

PointZero #3 Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48208 battles

Short answer: it's a game mechanic

"High Explosive (HE) shells explode on impact. This means they have a splash radius, or an area around the impact point of an HE shell where the shell's explosion does damage to targets. This can be large enough to hit multiple tanks or too small to notice depending on the model and size of the shell. Since HE explodes on impact, it can pre-detonate when hitting spaced armor or external modules. In this case, the only damage it will do to the vehicle it impacts is splash damage."

"High explosive anti-tank (HEAT) shells use a shaped explosive charge to sear through armor. HEAT ammunition explodes on impact to create a concentrated stream of molten metal which punches through a vehicle's armor. HEAT shells, like HE shells, can also pre-detonate on spaced armor or external modules. Unlike HE, however, HEAT has no splash damage, and will not damage targets it pre-detonates on or explodes near, although the sheer raw penetration power often allows a damaging shot even through spaced armor."

With this the game is trying to simulate the charasteristics of HEAT ammo where the shaped charge forms a molten jet that pierces the armor and loses penetration on the way through. Additionally spaced armor reduces the penetrating power of bullets and solid shot, as after penetrating each plate projectiles tend to tumble, deflect, deform, or disintegrate. Similarly the molten jet loses penetration as it gets formed before reaching the actual armor of the vehicle and has to pass through multiple layers before entering the fighting compartment. Now if the initial point of detonation happened to be a nearby wall it is highly unlikely that the jet would pierce the armor of the vehicle.

AIZEN_GUARD #4 Posted 25 January 2020 - 03:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25490 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN
guys i say when it can pen space armor why not damge tank in back of small pice wood wall like 30cm away of wall is the same as space armor

Dava_117 #5 Posted 25 January 2020 - 03:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• 23798 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAIZEN_GUARD, on 25 January 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:

guys i say when it can pen space armor why not damge tank in back of small pice wood wall like 30cm away of wall is the same as space armor

Guess because those "30cm" are actually more than 30cm. 

Many track are alone 50-60cm thick, so I guess those 30cm are actually 90-130cm or even more, wich reduce a lot the HEAT round penetration.

In WoT 2m of air are enough to reduce HEAT pen to 0.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users