Jump to content


Anonymizer now useless?


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

So_So_English #1 Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10455 battles
  • 250
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

looking for battle hits mod and browsing through the WG mod shop at Aslains and saw this mod that removes the anonymizer ?

 

or am i misreading this

 

edit used wrong thumbnail, 6 up from the highlighted battle mods 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   Screenshot (218).png   268.25K

Edited by F2PEXP, 26 January 2020 - 05:02 PM.


Truntea #2 Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:04 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1382 battles
  • 312
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015
Just means it replaces the anon name once the battle is over, unlike that the game is currently doing.

FTR #3 Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:05 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 17069 battles
  • 336
  • Member since:
    08-03-2010
Even if, that would be illegal because it shows you information you cannot obtain otherwise.

Strappster #4 Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:15 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28849 battles
  • 11,516
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostFTR, on 26 January 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

Even if, that would be illegal because it shows you information you cannot obtain otherwise.

 

If you click on players in the results table using the vanilla client it'll tell you if they were using the anonymizer. Hover over their name and a pop-up tells you their actual name or click on "show profile" and it'll display their real name on the resulting screen. How is that "information you cannot obtain otherwise"?



So_So_English #5 Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:35 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10455 battles
  • 250
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

are we sure its after the game?  

 

it says shows stats for anon players, may add loading delay,  I read that as pre battle?



Element6 #6 Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32246 battles
  • 11,808
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013
It says 'on battle results'. There is no result until the battle is over, so it's from the battle report.

FTR #7 Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 17069 battles
  • 336
  • Member since:
    08-03-2010

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 26 January 2020 - 05:15 PM, said:

If you click on players in the results table using the vanilla client it'll tell you if they were using the anonymizer. Hover over their name and a pop-up tells you their actual name or click on "show profile" and it'll display their real name on the resulting screen. How is that "information you cannot obtain otherwise"?

 

The guy said mod removes anonymizer and that what I was refering to. I assumed he also meant anonymizer in battle.



Balc0ra #8 Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:54 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 75702 battles
  • 22,120
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostTruntea, on 26 January 2020 - 05:04 PM, said:

Just means it replaces the anon name once the battle is over, unlike that the game is currently doing.

 

I can see why they don't show it. But at the same time I feel they should show it with the eye just like on you on the result screen. 

 

View PostF2PEXP, on 26 January 2020 - 05:35 PM, said:

are we sure its after the game?  

 

it says shows stats for anon players, may add loading delay,  I read that as pre battle?

 

The way it works now, they don't get the correct info on who they have on to show the stats on during the battle, and thus can't show it. But have it on the score screen. But due to how it works there too, it will give a delay on showing the info.



FatigueGalaxy #9 Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 23127 battles
  • 2,467
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

View PostF2PEXP, on 26 January 2020 - 05:35 PM, said:

are we sure its after the game?  

 

it says shows stats for anon players, may add loading delay,  I read that as pre battle?


It shows player's real nickname on battle results. There's no delay because you can see that info when you hover your cursor over anonymized player's name so the mod only replaced name from the tooltip with the name in the battle result.



NekoPuffer_PPP #10 Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:05 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35792 battles
  • 4,584
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostElement6, on 26 January 2020 - 05:39 PM, said:

It says 'on battle results'. There is no result until the battle is over, so it's from the battle report.

 

This.



will0hlep #11 Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:08 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11624 battles
  • 89
  • [TD_UK] TD_UK
  • Member since:
    10-19-2017

View PostF2PEXP, on 26 January 2020 - 05:35 PM, said:

are we sure its after the game?  

 

it says shows stats for anon players, may add loading delay,  I read that as pre battle?


Hi, I actually use this mod

I can confirm that what it does is make the real username more prominent in the battle results page.

It has no effect on the in battle panels and markers.

Also, If it is in Aslain's modpack it is legal as that modpack is approved and advertised by wargaming on the wargaming mods hub.



Pandabird #12 Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:01 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 39441 battles
  • 4,744
  • [KOFF] KOFF
  • Member since:
    05-19-2013
anonymized

Edited by Pandabird, 26 January 2020 - 09:05 PM.


Inappropriate_noob #13 Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:20 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 17659 battles
  • 5,488
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
Anonymizer is a sham, it should hide your identity period, even in the after battle results.

So_So_English #14 Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:35 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10455 battles
  • 250
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

ok

 

happy this is no a 'de-anonymizer'

 

is it possible for a mod to break the anonymizer?



Hamsterkicker #15 Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:00 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39712 battles
  • 806
  • [KWAAK] KWAAK
  • Member since:
    08-08-2011
But seriously now it is in the game for some time does anyone that uses the anonymizer really thinks it has improved the experience? and can back it up with some numbers?

Richthoffen #16 Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:20 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31571 battles
  • 2,767
  • [MS-] MS-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011

View PostHamsterkicker, on 27 January 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

But seriously now it is in the game for some time does anyone that uses the anonymizer really thinks it has improved the experience? and can back it up with some numbers?

not using it but i suspect arty will still target players that hide there stat because they hide them, and bad still getting abuse due to how they play their tanks so not impacting the game that much.

people who believed this would keep arty focus and abuse away probably didn't got what they expected.

only thing i have seen so far it makes it a little harder for me to judge what team member to trust to carry his own weight and what player will go off only to get wrecked in the first 30 seconds.. usually it takes 30 seconds to figure that one out and i'm probably getting into position during that time



AeyT #17 Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:22 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7372 battles
  • 182
  • Member since:
    05-25-2019

View PostF2PEXP, on 26 January 2020 - 10:35 PM, said:

ok

 

happy this is no a 'de-anonymizer'

 

is it possible for a mod to break the anonymizer?


xvm already does this by showing a anonymized player's stats as gray AFAIK.

 



CmdRatScabies #18 Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:07 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 5,829
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostAeyT, on 27 January 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:


xvm already does this by showing a anonymized player's stats as gray AFAIK.

 

Doesn't tell you whether the player is good/bad though. 

Although I did hear somewhere that XVM could display stats for anonymised players if they wanted to - an agreement with WG not to.  Don't know if that's accurate but possibly leaves am opportunity for a mod to show the stats (not a legal one though).   



jabster #19 Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12813 battles
  • 26,655
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 27 January 2020 - 11:07 AM, said:

Doesn't tell you whether the player is good/bad though. 

Although I did hear somewhere that XVM could display stats for anonymised players if they wanted to - an agreement with WG not to.  Don't know if that's accurate but possibly leaves am opportunity for a mod to show the stats (not a legal one though).   


I believe that the makers of XVM said they were going to make so it wouldn’t show other player stats if the player using XVM themselves had selected to be anonymised.

 

As for if mods can get around it. As long as server doesn’t give out the player’s id I don’t see how they can.



SlyMeerkat #20 Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:22 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19129 battles
  • 3,454
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
We need a lot more people using Anonymizer, be good or bad player, just need to show those XVM cheaters not to cheat :D




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users