Audio acting weird (Crackling, high pitched noise, gone)

Audio Speakers Crackling sound

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Nezarot #1 Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5709 battles

Hi,

So I recently bought new speakers, Logitech Z906. I connected them to my Xonar DGX soundcard and everything worked like it was supposed to work. But when I started WoT some weird stuff happened to my audio. When I'm in a game the sound works for 1 minute and then it starts crackling softly, then louder and eventually I hear a high pitched sound and the sound just goes away entirely. It will come back if you wait a while but it is al distorted and only some sounds come through. The commander and ambience but shots and engine sounds are gone. I played around a lot in the settings of WoT because the problem only occured when playing the game. In all other situations it is fine.

Has anyone ever got the same problem and/or knows a fix for this or what maybe is going on ? I tried finding other posts but couldn't find a similar post with the same problems. 

EDIT: So I found some sort of solution if anyone has this problem. I set my speakers to 4.1 in my soundcard settings and also on the speakers themselves. This seems to make the problem stop but really doesn't feel like the correct way. 

Edited by Nezarot, 29 January 2020 - 08:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users