What effect WG push/lure to play policy have on me

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jaxx77 #1 Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3640 battles

If you know what reverse psychology is then you obviously see WG does it wrong.

Seriously I get fed up with all those ways to make you play and Wot looks less attractive. Either I push myself to play when I don't want because brain tells me "you will miss opportunity, seize free stuff" and get sick from playing when I don't want or another time I skip playing entirely at the thought of that experience or just have enough of Wot

I preferred when WG kept up their dignity instead of begging us to play because that has reverse effect and the game's prestige image goes down instead of up.

Edited by jaxx77, 27 January 2020 - 07:41 PM.

TheJ4ckal #2 Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3213 battles

A game doesnt exist without a whole department devoted to finding ways to get you to play. Bring your arse into the real world.

As a grown up you are in control of what you want to do. You could just play for fun ignoring all the promotions. It is your own failings that make you succumb. If you cant control your own mind or actions then you probably shouldnt play. It really isnt WG's fault it is yours because you cant say no.

Switch your PC off and go visit your friends or family.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75702 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

NA is proof that events can keep a dying server from going over. And when we have so many different kinds of players, events will "rotate" the rooster if you will vs letting it go steadily down. I've played mmo's that did keep their... "dignity" if you will. And once the game passes a few years old doing not much or something now and then will make it trickier to keep the population interested. And that might work for you if they do less. But for others less so. They need a goal to go for, and just "playing" might not be that. As what you don't want. Others will strive for always.

And tbh, you don't even notice most events for it to matter that much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users