Why did WG stop to show us ban results?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

Poll: No BAN reports. (81 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

What is the reason of missing BAN reports?

1. WG have defeated cheaters. No cheat mods and cheat users left. (8 votes [9.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.88%

2. WG is defending the cheater's right for privacy. (WG still bans cheaters, but there is no BAN report) (10 votes [12.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.35%

3. WG bans cheaters, but does not report them, so WG can make cheaters careless and may catch them more easily. (3 votes [3.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

4. WG give up, as WG is not able to detect cheaters anymore. Cheaters won, they use their cheats freely. (34 votes [41.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.98%

5. WG still bans cheaters, just forgot to report the results. (4 votes [4.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.94%

6. I do not know / I do not care (22 votes [27.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.16%

Vote Hide poll

Yaccay #1 Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:19 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 36401 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

In the past WG had shown us regularly BAN result.

Obviously WG had a kind of ongoing project of detecting and banning cheaters.

For months WG did not show us any BAN result.

What could cause the hiatus of BAN reports?

Edited by Yaccay, 28 January 2020 - 07:20 AM.

Vtsuk #2 Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13473 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

WG clearly gets a cut from the earnings from those sites that sells those cheats.

Otherwise they could have done something, if not trying to shut them down at least make their life a bit harder.

WoT is one of the easiest online games to hack thanks to that mod file it has, in order to promote "customisation" mods ot the players....

BlackBloodBandit #3 Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9036 battles

None of above

View PostYaccay, on 28 January 2020 - 07:19 AM, said:

In the past WG had shown us regularly BAN result.

Obviously WG had a kind of ongoing project of detecting and banning cheaters.

For months WG did not show us any BAN result.

What could cause the hiatus of BAN reports?

Who says WG does it at all? You can show numbers, but make them all up, to make every look fine and to mask other problems.

People have reported players with aimbots for example and tracked the accounts if they were punished at all, by checking if they were able to play over a long period. 2 CC's have made video's about this and posted on Youtube to show to the community and share proof of this. Nothing happened in these cases.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 28 January 2020 - 02:34 PM.

ValkyrionX_TV #4 Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:05 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56025 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
tbh I really dont care 

Vtsuk #5 Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13473 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View PostValkyrionX, on 28 January 2020 - 10:05 AM, said:

tbh I really dont care 

WG should care, if they want a fare game for everyone.

ValkyrionX_TV #6 Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56025 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostVtsuk, on 28 January 2020 - 10:29 AM, said:

WG should care, if they want a fare game for everyone.

honestly I don't care at all if someone is cheating in the game , you can use aimbot and other cheats but if you are a bad player no cheats will make you become a better player

and to be honest with respect to many years ago , this scourge has reduced considerably over time

is not because the WG does not make public articles does not mean that the cheating players are no longer punished for their conduct as many in this forum believe

sooner or later if you cheat you get caught , always

it should also be said that many players before talking about cheats and cheaters should first understand certain game mechanics

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24822 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostVtsuk, on 28 January 2020 - 06:42 AM, said:

WoT is one of the easiest online games to hack thanks to that mod file it has, in order to promote "customisation" mods ot the players....

:teethhappy:....It's great reading some of the stuff written by those who haven't got a clue.

ValkyrionX_TV #8 Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:42 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56025 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 28 January 2020 - 10:38 AM, said:

:teethhappy:....It's great reading some of the stuff written by those who haven't got a clue.

people do not understand that eliminating mods would not make logical sense, many games that block mods have always been victims of cheaters even without the possibility of modding

Anyone who says that removing mods will block cheaters is basically publicly declaring his ignorance

Vtsuk #9 Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:43 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13473 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 28 January 2020 - 10:38 AM, said:

Can you elaborate please and enlighten me?

09:44 Added after 1 minute

View PostValkyrionX, on 28 January 2020 - 10:42 AM, said:

people do not understand that eliminating mods would not make logical sense, many games that block mods have always been victims of cheaters even without the possibility of modding

Anyone who says that removing mods will block cheaters is basically publicly declaring his ignorance

It will not block them, but at least discourage them, like not stealing candy from a kid but from a teenager instead!  

ValkyrionX_TV #10 Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:45 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56025 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostVtsuk, on 28 January 2020 - 10:43 AM, said:

It will not block them, but at least discourage them, like not stealing candy from a kid but from a teenager instead!  

no sense 

Vtsuk #11 Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:55 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13473 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

I will tell you what, when i started playing the game the, the guy that introduced me was a player from a top clan that still runs under a different name.

He told me they were running almost every illegal mod they see fit to improve their gameplay, he told me that as long as you pay they won't touch your

account as you are a costumer.

The fact that this Clan is active with the same players for more than 5 years makes no sense...

Sir_Grzegorz #12 Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6138 battles

View PostVtsuk, on 28 January 2020 - 10:55 AM, said:

I will tell you what, when i started playing the game the, the guy that introduced me was a player from a top clan that still runs under a different name.

He told me they were running almost every illegal mod they see fit to improve their gameplay, he told me that as long as you pay they won't touch your

account as you are a costumer.

The fact that this Clan is active with the same players for more than 5 years makes no sense...

How much I have to pay to WG to be allowed to use illegal mods and how much my WR will rise?

malachi6 #13 Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:13 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51360 battles

View PostVtsuk, on 28 January 2020 - 07:42 AM, said:

WG clearly gets a cut from the earnings from those sites that sells those cheats.

Otherwise they could have done something, if not trying to shut them down at least make their life a bit harder.

Given you have said "clearly WG gets a cut," you can prove this or this is one of the most glaring post hoc fallacies I have come across on this forum.  

Given how easy it is to hide an IP address and set up a website. what would be the cost-benefit of WG  chasing and shutting down (if they can) illegal mod web sites. You do realize you need lawyers to close down websites.

Hacking and modification are two very different things.  Given all the major calculations are carried out server-side WoT is actually a far harder game to hack than say CoD.

I have a friend that has won many epsorts events.  He says cheating is non-existant at top levels.  Of course, I have no actual evidence to back this up but it does lend my argument so much more gravitas.

Edited by malachi6, 28 January 2020 - 11:14 AM.

Vtsuk #14 Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13473 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View PostSir_Grzegorz, on 28 January 2020 - 11:10 AM, said:

How much I have to pay to WG to be allowed to use illegal mods and how much my WR will rise?

They bought a fort knox once a year every premium vehicle that went out on day one, they still do but now they buy lootboxes instead of fort knox.

You won't become a unicum but imagine playing and knowing the possition of other tanks by the broken staff showing on the minimap, aiming at tanks 

outside the render range, where the SPG last shot, where the opponents gun barrels are turned, etc.

You won't autowin but you will become better with all that extra info and help, the same boost you get from playing LT432 instead of the LTTB but even better!

malachi6 #15 Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51360 battles

View PostVtsuk, on 28 January 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

They bought a fort knox once a year every premium vehicle that went out on day one, they still do but now they buy lootboxes instead of fort knox.

You won't become a unicum but imagine playing and knowing the possition of other tanks by the broken staff showing on the minimap, aiming at tanks 

outside the render range, where the SPG last shot, where the opponents gun barrels are turned, etc.

You won't autowin but you will become better with all that extra info and help, the same boost you get from playing LT432 instead of the LTTB but even better!

Extra info is only an advantage if it is useful and the person with access to it can process it.  Put me in an AH 64 Apache gunship with the monocle sighting system and I can guarantee that no matter how much training, you will at some point end up with a very expensive crash.

Vtsuk #16 Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:52 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13473 battles
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA

View Postmalachi6, on 28 January 2020 - 11:38 AM, said:

Extra info is only an advantage if it is useful and the person with access to it can process it.  Put me in an AH 64 Apache gunship with the monocle sighting system and I can guarantee that no matter how much training, you will at some point end up with a very expensive crash.

But what if i told you there is a sweet aimbot that leads shots for you on moving targets and with the press of a button you chose between a tracking shoot or a damaging shot to the weakest part of the armour? 

There is of course 25% RNG but as long as you play Russian tanks you should be good!

eldrak #17 Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52890 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

WG are protecting cheaters in the game with their inaction and policy of name and shame here and no naming policy elsewhere.

I reported a whole bunch of people that were clearly breaking the rules in the Steel Hunt mode and not a single one was banned. I have pretty much 0 trust in any of the WG support staff to actually care at all about their game.

eekeeboo #18 Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:41 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 49411 battles
  • [CSA] CSA

All the  tinfoil  exluded. 

The answer  is simple. 

GDPR. Fulfilling and satisfying the indignant rage of people who come up with lots of theories is not our priority, following the law is. 

jabster #19 Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12813 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Posteekeeboo, on 28 January 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

All the  tinfoil  exluded. 

The answer  is simple. 

GDPR. Fulfilling and satisfying the indignant rage of people who come up with lots of theories is not our priority, following the law is. 

Can you just clarify that bans for using illegal mods are still happening?

eekeeboo #20 Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:44 PM

EU Video Content Manager

• WG Staff
  • 49411 battles
  • [CSA] CSA
Yes they are, that's  the Fair play policy update you have, where it takes place in waves. Bans are  done  in waves  more  often  than not, not 1 by 1. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users