Blocking misison

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

aps1 #1 Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27920 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

I am interested in people’s thoughts on blocking missions for HT.

so trying to do the 3xhit points in blocks +3k damage. The 3 k damage is not the issue but after three weeks or so I am still on the mission. 

most games I get no wear near  the required block , if I go lower tier I just get penned by the higher tiers if I go higher I get HE and heat spammed at me after the first few shots don’t go in.

example 

I was playing the the 5a on Minsk I Spawned in the south and went to the east building site. I went up to the two arch ways and and stayed on the crest incline with just my turret showing. A prog 65 and kranvang appeared  on the other side and both started to go to town on me,  Up to 3 k blocked after the first couple of rounds then the heat started, a couple of pens but a few blocks to so not that much of an issue. Then the HE started and you guessed the rest block damaged stayed at 5 k as no block damage for HE and from there most the tanks I came across where firing HE, This was the closet I got to it in three weeks,. Looking back at the previous missions alll the directives I have used have been on blocking missions for the t55a the same missions  but with only 2 k damage need as well(yes I will go back and get that order as it would be a bit easier with the damage you need to do)  

I have also used 4 orders on the HT mission 15 for the t55a again my own fault as the 25% total damage will be a bugger to complete now to retrieve  these. But anyway in the current state of the game are these blocking mission viable with HE spam? I know changes are on the horizon but will that make difference? 

I appreciate those that have done it may come on here and say suck it up etc and this isn’t a moan (currently stuck on kill 6 in the med but not moaning about this because I can see it is achievable with time and a bit of skill) but the block mission is now totally reliant on the other team not spamming HE at you? 

anyone else feel the same? 

Edited by aps1, 28 January 2020 - 11:02 AM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:58 AM

Field Marshal

• 33392 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postaps1, on 28 January 2020 - 10:01 AM, said:

so trying to do the 3xhit points in blocks +3k damage. The 3 k damage is not the issue but after three weeks or so I am still on the mission. 

Which mission is this?

Usually the 3x hit points is easier to do in low tiers, do you need the 3k damage or is it a secondary objective?

aps1 #3 Posted 28 January 2020 - 12:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27920 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

View PostHomer_J, on 28 January 2020 - 11:58 AM, said:

Which mission is this?

Usually the 3x hit points is easier to do in low tiers, do you need the 3k damage or is it a secondary objective?

the mission is for the obj 260. Not sure what number it is but it’s one a of the HT mission.

block 3 times hit pints of your vehicle plus do 3k damage, I think the secondary part of the misison is to win and survive but the 3 k is part of the primary one.

t55a has the same mission but it’s do 2 k damage. 

I have tried low tiers but mostly get penned by higher tiers.

Tanks I have been trying this mission are

defender, gold spam

OI, pen by higher tiers

obj705a get spammed HE

5a spammed with HE

703 ii HE spam 

e75 ts(only trying this as I have the same mission running for the chimera, block 3 time plus 2.5k damage)

I could grind the maus but agin I see He spam when teamed up with one. 

Homer_J #4 Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:05 PM

Field Marshal

• 33392 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postaps1, on 28 January 2020 - 11:56 AM, said:

the mission is for the obj 260. Not sure what number it is but it’s one a of the HT mission.

block 3 times hit pints of your vehicle plus do 3k damage, I think the secondary part of the misison is to win and survive but the 3 k is part of the primary one.

t55a has the same mission but it’s do 2 k damage. 

In that case it's not supposed to be easy.

Presumably you did the T55 one?  If so then maybe use the same tank?

Maus is good for blocking but you are setting a pretty high bar there because your base HP is so high.  I did HT15 for the T55A but that was only with 6200 blocked, you would need 9k.

RaxipIx #5 Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35920 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK
If you have blue prints. Get a vkp tier 8 Ht. Really the best tank for these mission, might be tricky to get the 3 k done cause it's slow. Another solid choice is St I.                            Forget about tier x, all the prem ammo and large guns spammimg he will just cause frustration. 

UrQuan #6 Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Tier 8 or tier 9 seems best suited for the mission. Doing 3K damage & block 3 times your HP does require one hell of a game where you are constantly in front (mainly for the blocked damage)

Of the tanks you listed, the E75 TS seems the best suited for it. Well armored & that full body sideskirt works great as spaced armor against HEAT when sidescraping. The rather low HP for an HT helps for this mission too; means you got to gun for 4500 damage blocked.

When doing missions like this, always target the most dangerous tanks first, namely the ones that can cause damage (high pen tanks & HE spammers). Leave the least dangerous tanks for last; those guys who keep spamming you for no effect -> just make sure you keep their attention by moving into their line of fire from time to time so they don't shoot anybody else for better effect because then they'll lose interest in shooting you.

LethalWalou #7 Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34173 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA
I did the T55a with T29, it was somewhat difficult but playing like a moron on Malinovka got the mission done for me. For 260 I think it was with VKB, the tier 9 rear turreted heavy. It has surprisingly good frontal armor and if you just wait for a top tier match, you will do it fairly easily. For blocking missions, you have to get shot at so you can just hide. And you have to give an impression that they can penetrate you, which I think the VKB is good for. When you get a preferred MM, just try to get the 3k done and then just find people to sit in front of, track them or just ''miss'' them. That's the best way I found for the mission to be done.

Echotun #8 Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23580 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View Postaps1, on 28 January 2020 - 11:01 AM, said:

most games I get no wear near  the required block , if I go lower tier I just get penned by the higher tiers if I go higher I get HE and heat spammed at me after the first few shots don’t go in.

example 

I was playing the the 5a on Minsk I Spawned in the south and went to the east building site. I went up to the two arch ways and and stayed on the crest incline with just my turret showing. A prog 65 and kranvang appeared  on the other side and both started to go to town on me,  Up to 3 k blocked after the first couple of rounds then the heat started, a couple of pens but a few blocks to so not that much of an issue. Then the HE started and you guessed the rest block damaged stayed at 5 k as no block damage for HE and from there most the tanks I came across where firing HE, This was the closet I got to it in three weeks,. Looking back at the previous missions alll the directives I have used have been on blocking missions for the t55a the same missions  but with only 2 k damage need as well(yes I will go back and get that order as it would be a bit easier with the damage you need to do)  

I have also used 4 orders on the HT mission 15 for the t55a again my own fault as the 25% total damage will be a bugger to complete now to retrieve  these. But anyway in the current state of the game are these blocking mission viable with HE spam? I know changes are on the horizon but will that make difference? 

I appreciate those that have done it may come on here and say suck it up etc and this isn’t a moan (currently stuck on kill 6 in the med but not moaning about this because I can see it is achievable with time and a bit of skill) but the block mission is now totally reliant on the other team not spamming HE at you? 

anyone else feel the same? 

That mission is in my eyes the most difficult of the 15. Tried to do it in Maus and VK 100p for a long time. 

Ended up getting it in the King Tiger c :D

BattleMetalChris #9 Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9396 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

How about 4069 blocked damage in the Pz 38H 735? :teethhappy:

MeetriX #10 Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25215 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostBattleMetalChris, on 28 January 2020 - 11:12 PM, said:

That is not blocked dmg.

That is potential damage. It calculated all hits even the HE avg. Dmg.

Miljac72 #11 Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 60024 battles
Those blocking missions are completly out of meta. Nowadays not even morons would shoot and shoot again with no results.

Also, after Xmas everyone shoots prem ammo.

Pure luck dpenedent mission.

dan_dix #12 Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:44 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20005 battles

View PostBattleMetalChris, on 28 January 2020 - 11:12 PM, said:

Blocking is very easy to do at lower tiers - I once blocked 8k with the Kv-220-2... But you need to do these missions at higher tiers (6+ for T55, 8+ for 260?) and there's not that many idiots to bounce on you for no reason at those levels.

I find these to be the most frustrating missions to achieve, as the combination of all conditions is just near impossible. You need quite a few tomatoes on the enemy team that will keep bouncing on you and not shoot gold. You need a slow tank to be able to bounce. The enemy lights and mediums must be stupid enough not to flank and obliterate your slow tank. Your team must be equally incompetent and let the enemy tomatoes stay alive for long enough so that you can both bounce and do enough damage to achieve the mission.

I'm tryharding the 2k version (T55) with the VK 100.01 ATM but boy it is hard. I'm not getting anywhere near the blocking amount required. Oddly enough I think I once a few months ago completed 3x blocked damage in the E75 proper, and with enough damage to pass the mission but I had another mission active so it didn't count...

For the T55 version I'm wondering if the T29 could do it in a good game, or maybe even the O-I (still needs to do 2k damage)

pecopad #13 Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:11 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30508 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Apparently going AFK helps....

One of the guys in my Clan got disconnected at the start of the game when he entering the battle in a Type 5, when he finally entered the game he saw he had done the mission...

Guess the only way others will shoot at you without using HE is by being AFK...

Piroger #14 Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 57040 battles
That's a really hard mission. I gave up eventually and got past it by an order. :(

N3rv0u5_M1c0 #15 Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 56797 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA

View PostRaxipIx, on 28 January 2020 - 02:18 PM, said:

If you have blue prints. Get a vkp tier 8 Ht. Really the best tank for these mission, might be tricky to get the 3 k done cause it's slow. Another solid choice is St I.                            Forget about tier x, all the prem ammo and large guns spammimg he will just cause frustration. 

this

HerrWizo #16 Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:57 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39474 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

I feel for you, OP. Blocking missions in generally are a PITA and also don't contribute in any meaningful way to the gameplay.

You are also limited by a myriad of factors:

- map you play (GL on open maps)

- how many arta (GL with 3 arta)

- tier you play (GL in +2 MM)

- the game needs to go slow for as long as possible with neither side getting advantage (GL with 15-2 games)

- HE spam (nothing you can do about this one, hope for bad team on their part who have no knowledge of HE)

VK 100.01P at tier 8 seems like a best bet indeed.

aps1 #17 Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27920 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

Ha well it’s nice to see I am not alone on this.

I think the general feel about this missions is that it is mainly down to how others act towards you to complete this mission rather then how you actually play.

At least with the HT 15 mission you can combine the the block damage with damage you do yourself and if I am not mistaken you losing your own hit point contributes to this.

Thornvalley #18 Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43856 battles

Blocking missions are tricky due to a few reasons, most of them out of your control:

Requires you to bait unnecessary shots, check.

Need bad enemy players that keep bouncing, but not too bad to lose fast, check.

Your team cannot be bad either because then it's a loss and you fail win condition/survive, check.

Showing inpenetrable armour (like IS-7 turret) only leads to no shots or HE. You need to play something ppl think they can pen, or give them 5-10% chance on a high roll. Long distance makes it easier to block as well (pray for a no arty game).

For me VK 45.02 B/E 75 worked well (former is better at blocking). 3k damage is doable rather frequently to. T8 in Maus line is also good.

Geno1isme #19 Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49098 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Don't use T10 (too many hitpoints) and don't use tanks where everybody knows the armor layout. Nobody is gonna shoot AP or HEAT on a hulldown IS-7 for example, because everybody knows that the IS-7 turret is almost invulnerable.

The most important aspect is getting the "proper" enemies. Best are tanks with high dpm but low alpha, bad mobility and low penetration. Did the mission basically by just parking a VK45b in front of a JT88 and let him waste most of his ammo (he didn't have any other open targets, and none of his ammo types had much effect other than one or two hits on the cupola). Another block mission was done with the ST-1 against HEAT-spamming E100 and E5 as apparently they didn't know how strong that turret is/was as that tank isn't seen often.

BattleMetalChris #20 Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9396 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMeetriX, on 29 January 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

That is not blocked dmg.

That is potential damage. It calculated all hits even the HE avg. Dmg.

It was blocked damage. Look at the hits received, 415 

It was on the day the T7 Combat Car was gifted to everyone, so there were ten or so on each team at low tiers. With its machine gun it was incapable of penning the 738 from pretty much any angle. 
At one point that battle I was out in the field at Malinkova with four of them circling me, doing nothing to me :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users