Would you wait on content if WG focused on improving the core game?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you wait for content in order for WG to Work on core mechanics? (103 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Would you wait for content in order for WG to work on game mechanichs - MM, Balance, Ammo, etc.?

1. No, I want WG to focus on content, and the game is fine (6 votes [5.83%])

Percentage of vote: 5.83%

2. No, I want wargaming to focus on content first and game mechanics second (2 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

3. No, but I want WG to focus on game mechanics first and content second (8 votes [7.77%])

Percentage of vote: 7.77%

4. perhaps, but no longer than a month (2 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

5. Yes but no longer than s three months (4 votes [3.88%])

Percentage of vote: 3.88%

6. Yes, but no longer than six months (7 votes [6.80%])

Percentage of vote: 6.80%

7. I would much rather them work on the real issues instead of keep adding new content just for content sake..... Id happily go a year or so with nothing new in the game just for them to fix things properly × (74 votes [71.84%])

Percentage of vote: 71.84%

Vote Hide poll

Sir_Armand #1 Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22103 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2
Would you wait on content? in order for WG to focus on problems?

Rati_Festa #2 Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51219 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I'd be interested to know your interpretations of the "problems".

It's quite easy to think of a few "problems" that people see as nice content in the game.

One thing I have always thought is that more maps would help this game a lot, I've never seen anyone disagree with this statement. 

AeyT #3 Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7372 battles

Wg could not release any new lines for like 2 years and i'd probably still  have stuff to do.

Dont really care about new lines, just want current maps improved, new maps and some old maps brought back.

And weather variations for maps.

Edited by AeyT, 30 January 2020 - 12:09 PM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:13 PM

Field Marshal

• 33378 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRati_Festa, on 30 January 2020 - 11:07 AM, said:

Yes, it would have been nice if you had mentioned what you think the "real issues" are.  I am sure everyone has a different opinion of what needs fixing/changing and WG can't make everyone happy.

Personally I would like to see map ping spamming fixed, especially after a session without the ping spam blocking mod this morning.  It's been on the known issues for years.

Sir_Armand #5 Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22103 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

View PostRati_Festa, on 30 January 2020 - 12:07 PM, said:

It's quite easy to think of a few "problems" that people see as nice content in the game.

One thing I have always thought is that more maps would help this game a lot, I've never seen anyone disagree with this statement. 

I agree that Maps are an issue, but IMO they need to be reworked rather than WG releasing ten more boring corridors. So I would include Maps in Core , IF they are rethinking their design.

11:21 Added after 2 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 30 January 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

Yes, it would have been nice if you had mentioned what you think the "real issues" are.  I am sure everyone has a different opinion of what needs fixing/changing and WG can't make everyone happy.

I deliberately did NOT do that, because the real issue isn't which of NUMEROUS issues that WG's customers have been pointing out for YEARS, but WG focusing on releasing new content rather than adressing core issues.

Edited by Sir_Armand, 30 January 2020 - 12:21 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:33 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35855 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostHomer_J, on 30 January 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

Personally I would like to see map ping spamming fixed, especially after a session without the ping spam blocking mod this morning.  It's been on the known issues for years.

You'd think it would be an easy fix but it turns out it is really not.

The actual detection code for if a player spams the map n times over a given timeframe is simple enough, but unfortunately WG have yet to find a way to successfully integrate the routines required to initiate electrocution at the user end.

Homer_J #7 Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:35 PM

Field Marshal

• 33378 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSir_Armand, on 30 January 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

I deliberately did NOT do that, because the real issue isn't which of NUMEROUS issues that WG's customers have been pointing out for YEARS, but WG focusing on releasing new content rather than adressing core issues.

You mean a small minority of customers.

And issues so great that those customers keep on playing and paying.

LethalWalou #8 Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34161 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

I see you saying that there is a lot of issues, core issues if I may add according to you.. But you haven't said a single one. What are these core issues that seemingly the customers are complaining?

tajj7 #9 Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29084 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I see this point all the time, but the simple fact is WG release new content and the player numbers go up and that is all they will see. 

Yes probably most forumites would be happy with balance changes/fixes to things, but the larger playerbase it seems not.

Most players are just oblivious and barely notice stuff like that, but they do notice new stuff, missions, marathons etc. 

Ceeb #10 Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 34519 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

I want (Yes want !)  more maps, or release ok maps that didnt need removing. Fix broken maps (like bushes) , Make maps that have 1/3 impassible actually playable.  Balance the tanks.  Make old tanks still relevant. Oh change the sodding physics on the Wheelies

Not asking for much.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75702 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
The thing with the "core" problems as we have seen in the topics here. Like with MM, HE, arty, gold etc. Many don't like the current stat of it ofc. But the solutions for fixing or balancing it are many. And many even argue on that with each other. What works for some, might not work for others, thus it's not a quick fix either for WG. WG have worked on gold for instance for over a year now with mixed feedback on different tests. So even if they went all in on it. I would not expect it to go much faster. Even if they take out the people making tank models, details or even map teams on hold.

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 January 2020 - 03:10 PM.

Schepel #12 Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:44 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66877 battles

Every 'improvement' to the game has been a dumbing down of it. Relevant frontal weakspots have mostly disappeared, maps have by and large turned into corridors and accuracy has been nerfed to the point that heavium brawling really is the way to go.

I just do not believe WG is actually capable of improving on this game. So, please, don't mess with what may be flawed, but at least *works*.

PowJay #13 Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41314 battles

The problem with your vague post is, as others have already pointed out, many players have issues with perceived problems such as cheats, HAX, "Gold" spam and other things that are reflected in their poor performance and their apparent poor understanding of how the game works.

If you mean things like the camera when you back into an obstacle, for example, or better map rotation, and better maps, and power creep of older tanks, and a few other things that are recognised issues, then I'd rather WG sorted these out before anything else.

I've finally decided that I don't want to grind any more. My only reason to get more tanks is to try and complete certain mission objectives that I am currently finding difficult with those vehicles that I have. If there is a new one that will help me do it, then fine, but while everyone else is raving about how good/OP it is, I will probably be hopeless with it.

Currently, every single tank in my garage is fully upgraded and there is only ONE that I want that follows a vehicle that I am actively playing and two more that I might go for in time. Every other line is finished, or abandoned as far as I am concerned. For now, at least.

Cobra6 #14 Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16562 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yes, it's more important, certainly at this point in time, to address fundamental problems which have been present in this game *for years* rather then add new content.

If your gameplay is good, people will keep playing it.

If your gameplay is not good, the only way to keep people playing is spamming content and "free" stuff as the interest in the basic gameplay apparently vanishes quite quickly.

Currently, WG is orbiting the second part and over the most recent years they've only made rather bad decisions (gameplay wise) to further add to the issues.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 30 January 2020 - 04:12 PM.

Sir_Armand #15 Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22103 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

View PostHomer_J, on 30 January 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

You mean a small minority of customers.

And issues so great that those customers keep on playing and paying.

Oh, you have numbers? Excellent, please educate me, I would love to see the poll data that shows it's a small minority.

Your second sentence is proof that WG and its emplyes does not care one bit about the game mechanics, or about their customers.
The fact that WG still has customers willing to play their game, despite all it's flaws should ENCOURAGE them to improve their product and brand - especially if they want to succeed in e-sports- not the bloody OPPOSITE!

And the attitude that nothing needs to improve as long as there is any paying customers left, is the mentality of a failing corporation.

To those who want to know my personal core mechanic issues -  MM, imbalanced vehicles, imbalanced ammo, imbalanced crew skills, corrridor maps, quality of life mechanics - are a few off the top of my head.

But this isn't a question about a specific single mechanic, it is about WG actively choosing to churn out content while neglecting game balance, and wether their customers would accept a break from the content if WG actually focused on game mechanic issues, and for how long they would wait.

The issue might be that WG sees the drop in number of games played, and are afraid to lose too many  customers  and try to rejuvenate the game with bells and whistles, afraid that if they would focus on flaws and imbalances the customers would lose interest and leave, and the exact opposite might be true.

Hence a poll.

DrzavniUdar #16 Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2894 battles
  • [SAM] SAM
i would be happier if wg were to remove arty haters and increase arties up to 5 per game, but really this is a game, it doesn't really matter

Homer_J #17 Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:55 PM

Field Marshal

• 33378 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSir_Armand, on 30 January 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

Oh, you have numbers? Excellent, please educate me, I would love to see the poll data that shows it's a small minority.

To those who want to know my personal core mechanic issues -  MM, imbalanced vehicles, imbalanced ammo, imbalanced crew skills, corrridor maps, quality of life mechanics - are a few off the top of my head.

I have figures: hundreds of thousands of active players never complain, a handful make a noise about various things, sometimes contradictory.

So, in what way do you think the mm is broken?  It's no good saying fix it, in my eyes it works perfectly well, if anything it would be nice if it was a bit more random.

Not sure what's imbalanced about ammo or crew skills but the ammo rework will likely arrive before long and the rebalance possibly with it.  Crew skills are in the pipeline.

unhappy_bunny #18 Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:12 AM

Brigadier

• 20648 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

I agree that Maps are an issue, but IMO they need to be reworked rather than WG releasing ten more boring corridors. So I would include Maps in Core , IF they are rethinking their design.

11:21 Added after 2 minute

You see you make claims but what customers are these? Out of all the players of the game how many actually complain or point out to WG these numerous issues? Yes we all see posts on the forum, but is that really representative of the playerbase as a whole? And even the forumites who do post seem to disagree with each other on which issues are actually issues or which are important. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 31 January 2020 - 03:19 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35855 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSir_Armand, on 30 January 2020 - 08:53 PM, said:

So what are the simple fixes that need to be made to each of those that you think WG are not bothering to implement? If they're all as simple and obvious as you seem to think I'm sure we'll mostly all agree with your suggestions right? 

Spurtung #20 Posted 31 January 2020 - 05:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 77585 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

Different teams doing different things, so it's not so much about what you'd rather have them do, but which team should be getting more people working to speed up the results.

WG, when it comes to developing WOT, is certainly in cruise mode, and cutting back, so don't expect miracles. Things will take longer, and results won't necessarily be that great, I'm sure there aren't many left from the original people that started this game, and whoever comes on board won't touch the code in a way that will matter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users