Jump to content


Team Clash event is stupid and absolutely unfair


  • Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

saurilian #1 Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 13901 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    09-25-2012

                Do not bother with the event if you love yourself.

 

 You're not going to have fun if you don't pick skill4ltu team. The amount of pro players that picked skill4ltu team is ATROCIOUS. I picked his team and I lost only 2 battles from 40 I played arleady. And it's not only my case. Many of my friends that picked skill4ltu team said the event is basically a farm. Why? Not only the players are extremely good, in ~95% of games my team had ATLEAST 1 reward vehicle that is completely overpowered (Obj.260, Obj.279e & T95/FV4201) and in around 80% were multiple of them. I also haven't seen a single one tank like that in a enemy team (which is insane). The only reward tank I saw was Obj.907 in Mailand's team. And it was just 1 battle, from 40, which we still won with 0 effort by the way. This is very unfair for players that support other content creators and want to fight for skills on special commander. The games are so unbalanced I wonder if other teams will be even able to get to level 10.

 

This is just another broken event like Ranked Battles that is ruined by reward vehicles and I'm sorry for anyone that wanted to get their favorite content creator commander but probably won't be able to.


Edited by saurilian, 30 January 2020 - 10:59 PM.


AngelofAwe #2 Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:24 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 42788 battles
  • 3,372
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    12-24-2011
Wish I had your battles and got carried, I'm on skill's team and I farm almost as many losses as I do wins. 

Edit: I think I'm at 9 wins and 6 losses. 

Edited by AngelofAwe, 30 January 2020 - 09:28 PM.


Rali2k #3 Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:24 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13045 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    03-11-2016
I chose Dez, that team is full of players that don't even have a T10, almost every team I'm in has at least two rental tanks.

Venom7000 #4 Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8165 battles
  • 685
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018
  1. Good news for me since I chose Skill because outside of Dez I have no idea who are the other ones
  2. Imagine how this would play out if Circon or QB were also an option?


Sit tight and enjoy the regular game. I guarantee you that the skins will be lackluster anyways.



BabyYodalorian #5 Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:36 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13601 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View Postsaurilian, on 30 January 2020 - 09:22 PM, said:

Do not bother with the event if you love yourself.

 

 You're not going to have fun if you don't pick skill4ltu team. The amount of pro players that picked skill4ltu team is ATROCIOUS. I picked his team and I lost only 2 battles from 40 I played arleady. And it's not only my case. Many of my friends that picked skill4ltu team said the event is basically a farm. Why? Not only the players are extremely good, in ~95% of games my team had ATLEAST 1 reward vehicle that is completely overpowered (Obj.260, Obj.279e & T95/FV4201) and in around 80% were multiple of them. I also haven't seen a single one tank like that in a enemy team (which is insane). The only reward tank I saw was Obj.907 in Mailand's team. And it was just 1 battle, from 40, which we still won with 0 effort by the way. This is very unfair for players that support other content creators and want to fight for skills on special commander. The games are so unbalanced I wonder if other teams will be even able to get to level 10.

 

This is just another broken event like Ranked Battles that is ruined by reward vehicles and I'm sorry for anyone that wanted to get their favorite content creator commander but probably won't be able to.


I wanted to pick Skill but his commander voice lines are pretty much stripped of his well known phrases while EpicAwesomeGuys got pretty much all their fun lines included so I joined their team but I quit the event now and back to random games. I had  50 battles mostly against Skill team and with only 7 victories in total, amazing loss of credits. In days to come you can expect Skill team to have ridiculous score on first place...Anyhow congrats to all who picked Skill, enjoy!



BQBD #6 Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:51 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17384 battles
  • 268
  • Member since:
    11-02-2018
This event is so much fun. And I quite like the 7v7 format for T10's

Playing Progetto 65 and TVP, its a blast. So much room move around, flank. And almost no artillery :)

Venom7000 #7 Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8165 battles
  • 685
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018
  • OP please remove the RED TEXT (paint the text in any other color). Its only for mods to use. You might get in trouble.
  • BabyYoda thats the problem with WG. None of the voice lines of any "celebrities" are fun or sound like they havent had a gun pressed against their head to record the lines. They dont allow cursing and Im sure as hell they dont allow the celebrities to form their own lines.


Corrupted_Pling #8 Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 52727 battles
  • 995
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012
What if I wanted to be on Daki's team?

ihateclowns #9 Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:00 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36383 battles
  • 421
  • [TROP] TROP
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012
Agreed 1000%, Dez games team every game has 3 wz's and after loss i always check players stats and they have max 3k games, they have no clue as how to play a tier 1 tank let alone tier 10, its heart breaking

splash_time #10 Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:02 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15118 battles
  • 1,048
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

Honestly, I've played only 2 battles and quit. I picked skill, I knew this will happen, thus Dez has better skins!

The most famous one is skill among thse CCs. If QB or circon joined, I think it could have more balance than now. :/



Balc0ra #11 Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 75702 battles
  • 22,120
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
 

View Postihateclowns, on 30 January 2020 - 10:00 PM, said:

Agreed 1000%, Dez games team every game has 3 wz's and after loss i always check players stats and they have max 3k games, they have no clue as how to play a tier 1 tank let alone tier 10, its heart breaking

 

Well, Dez is the more... casual of the 4 in most areas. And thus reach the newer and average audience vs just hardcore or the meme groups. Circon I suspect would pull a different audience if he was there. Much like Skill. QB I would suspect has more fans in the Dez area too vs the hardcore if you will if he was there. And tbh, I kinda expected Dez to fall in the middle with this event. Even with a bigger sub base as is. As this event doesn't have "skill" based MM if you will. It's more a fan base MM.



santtis #12 Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:17 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22796 battles
  • 127
  • [BIGD] BIGD
  • Member since:
    03-01-2011

Just play the game and do your best. I play it for the commander voices.

Shoot only silver and you won't lose as much credits. The battles won't affect your stats. 

 

I'm on team AEG 



splash_time #13 Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15118 battles
  • 1,048
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostBalc0ra, on 31 January 2020 - 12:12 AM, said:

 

 

Well, Dez is the more... casual of the 4 in most areas. And thus reach the newer and average audience vs just hardcore or the meme groups. Circon I suspect would pull a different audience if he was there. Much like Skill. QB I would suspect has more fans in the Dez area too vs the hardcore if you will if he was there. And tbh, I kinda expected Dez to fall in the middle with this event. Even with a bigger sub base as is. As this event doesn't have "skill" based MM if you will. It's more a fan base MM.

 

Exactly. That's the problem. 



Venom7000 #14 Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8165 battles
  • 685
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 January 2020 - 10:12 PM, said:

 

 As this event doesn't have "skill" based MM if you will. It's more a fan base MM.


Its also a free marketing research for WG. As you said its fanbase MM. And the winner will also show how much theoretical influence he has over the playerbase and what kind of player base he/she attracts and how can WG use it to sell more stuff in the future.

Which Im ok with TBH



the_nebuchadnezzar #15 Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:58 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 56049 battles
  • 1,749
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013
Good players went for Skill cause he is probably the best tanker atm. I love his videos and stream and I've learned so much from his gameplay. No wonder Skill teams are crushing everything in this Clash

Bora_BOOM #16 Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:58 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 30483 battles
  • 4,155
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

It doesn’t lose you any credits.

It doesn't come into your stats.

It is fun if you are looking for it.

If you go full tryhard... bad for you.

 

Edit:

And if anyone thought Skill isn't the best choice - he is now an actor in a sad movie...


Edited by Bora_BOOM, 30 January 2020 - 11:07 PM.


Venom7000 #17 Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8165 battles
  • 685
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018

View Postthe_nebuchadnezzar, on 30 January 2020 - 10:58 PM, said:

Good players went for Skill cause he is probably the best tanker atm. I love his videos and stream and I've learned so much from his gameplay. No wonder Skill teams are crushing everything in this Clash


Yes Skill is skilled :D

But to me SirFoch is in a league of his own. He manages to do good results and hold his own with other Unicums and streamers with out using food + gold.

Also I hate when streamers do a "tank" review and then show a gameplay with 5 skill crew, food and some times even bond equipment. :facepalm:



sniper_pixie #18 Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:06 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 63074 battles
  • 310
  • Member since:
    12-15-2011
I went Mailand. No idea who any of them are. Won maybe 2/3rds of the games, some in less than 2 minutes, but if we're supposed to get to level 30 for the commander then that's a heck of a grind, even with the 2x points for whatever reasons.

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #19 Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23107 battles
  • 222
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-16-2012
Not my experience at all. People 95% play normal tanks 80% play normal tanks and enemy has 80% normal tanks as well.
And I picked skill also/
Seen 1 Obj.279e and it was on enemy team.

Edited by Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet, 30 January 2020 - 11:13 PM.


AngelofAwe #20 Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:15 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 42788 battles
  • 3,372
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    12-24-2011

View PostVenom7000, on 31 January 2020 - 12:00 AM, said:

Yes Skill is skilled :D

But to me SirFoch is in a league of his own. He manages to do good results and hold his own with other Unicums and streamers with out using food + gold.

Also I hate when streamers do a "tank" review and then show a gameplay with 5 skill crew, food and some times even bond equipment. :facepalm:


Foch is like QB's shadow. Both of them have a "fake" internet persona that they've built their brand on.
QB the "everything is fine" dog and Foch the "angry German kid" hating on everything. Both of them exaggerating their personalities to their audiences because they know it's what their communities watch them for.
No hatred, I just can't really stand watching either of them. 


Edited by AngelofAwe, 30 January 2020 - 11:17 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users