bot noobs fun boring hate WG

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Andersch #1 Posted 31 January 2020 - 03:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 74605 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

I started playing in 2014, and since then, the game has slowly become less and less fun.

The matches are getting shorter, Now the average battle is 3 minutes, anyone can pen you, no matter the tank, while you cant pen crap.

If you take a M48 Patton and think you are gonna make some difference, you meet 2 enemy 279 and a Chieftain and 

you cant do anything. Then you get rushed by 3 wheeled Noobs you cant hit, while they pen you every time.

In the beginning, i had great fun playing the crazy arty FV304, but since that was nerfed to the extreme, to be completely useless,

since that time, the game has become increasingly more gold spamming, hate mongering, cheating piece of Sh*t, and its bordering on BORING.

I feel it has reached a level where i think i should just quit playing, maybe take a year pause, maybe forever. 

I just wish WG could make the matches longer, and fix all the problems with the game, instead of just keep sending out money grabbing tanks,

letting big clans BUY AND SELL REWARD TANKs,

or setting up campaigns you cant possibly win. Or arranging mindless BOt grinds, like Frontline, to get rewards like Phase.

Not everyone is interested in grinding like a total bot for 3 weeks

Yes i joined Dezgames team on the current campaign, and i honestly didnt think the system was so stupid, you would win for free if you joined SKill4LTU.

Just one of many things i feel is SO WRONG.  Anyone else has any input ?

TankkiPoju #2 Posted 31 January 2020 - 03:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24785 battles
How many other games have you played since 2014?

Andersch #3 Posted 31 January 2020 - 03:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 74605 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS
None, as you can see from the battle count

Balc0ra #4 Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75702 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostAndersch, on 31 January 2020 - 03:50 PM, said:

Well, the older a game gets, then anything new or unchanged will make the game stale for most. It's why Blizzard went back to WOT classic. As after over 10 years. People thought the game had become too much vs in the past with all the changes. Much like you did feel for the FV304 etc.

View PostAndersch, on 31 January 2020 - 03:44 PM, said:

I feel it has reached a level where i think i should just quit playing, maybe take a year pause, maybe forever. 

I just wish WG could make the matches longer, and fix all the problems with the game, instead of just keep sending out money grabbing tanks,

or setting up campaigns you cant possibly win. Or arranging mindless BOt grinds, like Frontline, to get rewards like Phase.

Yes i joined Dezgames team on the current campaign, and i honestly didnt think the system was so stupid, you would win for free if you joined SKill4LTU.

See... what makes you leave. Makes others stay. And with so many different... tastes. Someone would leave and take a pause, even with your perfect game. And sure, not everyone is interested in grinding for 3 weeks. But no one forces you to grind anything. If you don't like the events. Play randoms like always in bliss. It's optional. And like with every big online game. Clans get stuff others don't if they put the effort in. If not, then why play CW's if you could buy the 907 too by not playing it?

And the current event is set up not to be competitive in the same way as other modes. Thus why you don't get much in terms of rewards on tiers vs say FL, and why you don't lose points on a bottom place on your team unlike say ranked. And the commander you get regardless of effort, the position just reflects how many skills he will have. Dez currently sits to get 2. So if you wanted to do nothing and joined skill, you would still get the commander, just no other rewards. So the point was what? As by that, I suspect you care little for the emblems etc.

As for longer matches? Well, it's why most play FL. As they want longer matches. But it's also why most play the current event. Shorter more aggressive games is what they find fun, vs 5 min of camping before the push comes to get an 8 min random game. As again, what makes you leave, makes others stay. WG has to find a balance with that. And sadly, some will leave regardless as they don't like the changes or new direction. Me... I've never had more fun in the game with the IS-2-II then in ages. And I find wheels more "meh" then game breaking. But that's just me.

Edited by Balc0ra, 31 January 2020 - 04:08 PM.

TankkiPoju #5 Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24785 battles

View PostAndersch, on 31 January 2020 - 03:50 PM, said:

And now you are getting bored of the game? It isn't really a wonder is it.

Andersch #6 Posted 31 January 2020 - 06:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 74605 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

View PostTankkiPoju, on 31 January 2020 - 03:19 PM, said:

And now you are getting bored of the game? It isn't really a wonder is it.

I am not getting bored because of battle count. Have you read my post at all ? 

It is because of the development goes in the direction of introducing EBR 105, Chieftain, 907 and premium ammo head over heels.

Tunnel maps. Non functioning MM. Armor ? You have no armor, because guess what ? HEAT pens anything.

edit: Besides that, you may have more battles, before you re-rolled

Edited by Andersch, 31 January 2020 - 07:03 PM.

Orkbert #7 Posted 31 January 2020 - 10:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29036 battles

View PostAndersch, on 31 January 2020 - 06:26 PM, said:

Besides that, you may have more battles, before you re-rolled

Calling someone who is in this game since 2011 a re-roll? :facepalm:

24doom24 #8 Posted 01 February 2020 - 12:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9052 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

At least wait for the ammo changes to roll through. WG have put balance on pause for a long time now because of these reworks. 

Honestly, if these ammo changes and subsequent balance changes don't change this game for the better I'll probably say good bye and do something better with my time.

IntruderFI #9 Posted 01 February 2020 - 09:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52170 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostAndersch, on 31 January 2020 - 05:50 PM, said:

Speaking of experience?

Slyspy #10 Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14818 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I used to play a lot of Civilisation. Now I find it pretty dull. I used to play a lot of WoT but have since found other things which I prefer to spend the majority of my leisure time on. I doubt that any changes to either game will rekindle my old interest. It is just the way things go. 

Wintermute_1 #11 Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:40 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53018 battles
It is slightly ironic that rewards for continued play; like the 279e for grinding out a load of PMs or the Chieftain for putting time into clan wars just serve to make the core game (randoms) less balanced and enjoyable for the majority of players. You really have to wonder what the nett result is for overall time spent in the game.

Blubba #12 Posted 01 February 2020 - 12:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 61829 battles

View PostAndersch, on 31 January 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

I started playing in 2014, and since then, the game has slowly become less and less fun.

The matches are getting shorter, Now the average battle is 3 minutes, anyone can pen you, no matter the tank, while you cant pen crap.

If you take a M48 Patton and think you are gonna make some difference, you meet 2 enemy 279 and a Chieftain and 

you cant do anything. Then you get rushed by 3 wheeled Noobs you cant hit, while they pen you every time.

In the beginning, i had great fun playing the crazy arty FV304, but since that was nerfed to the extreme, to be completely useless,

since that time, the game has become increasingly more gold spamming, hate mongering, cheating piece of Sh*t, and its bordering on BORING.

I started playing... well a long time ago. Enthusiasm comes and goes for the game. It's currently at an all time low. I have 18 months of premium time, just about every premium tank available and am wondering what happened to that enthusiasm to make me spend so much...(GJ WG, you are definitely getting something right). I've had a handful of games since Christmas.

Matches are shorter and I put a little of that down to the ease in which all players can achieve higher tiers these days. Half of them really don't seem to know what end the shells come out of!

I'm not a fan of the uber reward tanks but that said, there's rarely enough in my day to put too much of a downer on it. I'm quite sure WG are working on doing something about that though.

Wheeled vehicles are something I've still not come to grips with. Old dog, new tricks I guess. Shame because it completely changed the battlefield for lights over night. Can't play WVs, can't play against them.

Arty needed to be nerfed but I agree that the FV got hit rather hard. I'm still convinced it's not the tank but the number that could turn up on the battlefield. Three of the buggers made little fun for the opposition in a lot of maps. They could try to tweak the max number to two per bout but again, too much work. Even if it was just for 2 months just to see.

The ammunition rebalance is a bit poor in my view. Don't really understand though, I admit. I would have thought if they balanced the tanks, then ammunition would only need to be tweaked but I'm no games developer. Shame it takes soo bloody long. It's not like they don't have enough data. Thousands of games per day and every time they release new tanks, I would imagine it distorts the data they already have so just get on with it (my frustration is showing through I guess).

Frontlines...yeah. Got boring fast. Shame really. Loads of potential. Seems typical here though which again frustrates. 

Playing something else now. My pals, such as they are keep asking me to toon again. I guess I will but I think I'll need a beer or three and it won't be for the gameplay. I sort of hope it rekindles the fire again though.

Wow, just read that back to myself... How depressing!

Off to the fridge for something cold and alcoholic methinks. I may even try my luck again in a bit.

Echotun #13 Posted 01 February 2020 - 12:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23580 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View PostOrkbert, on 31 January 2020 - 10:29 PM, said:

Calling someone who is in this game since 2011 a re-roll? :facepalm:

I doubt rerolling changes the date you created the account. That would be weird. I might be wrong, never occurred to me to check that. 

Sm0uki #14 Posted 01 February 2020 - 12:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18192 battles
  • [9-TDE] 9-TDE
Sadly playing tier 10 in randoms witout another 2 platoon mates is broken as.... You cant do anything alone in tier 11 games. Also constant 3x arty per team and EBR spamm is not helping at all. But tier 8 on another hand is extremly fun to play even solo. In your case you just play too many games, grinding tanks must be painfull. You really need a break for few years or you will suffer if you keep playing when you feel it that way. I had 3 years break and it was the best thing i could do :great:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users