Suggestion - double barreled - manually changing barrels

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

FizzlePopBerryTwist #1 Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32169 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

I would love to either manually change or 'lock' the gun i am using.

The mechanic is fun and interesting and presents a lot of flexibility most tanks simply lack (aside of Progettos), since you either can take clear shots or 'gamble' for a big finisher...

However, the drawback of this is the city fights can be an issue. Often you are 'stuck' with the left gun, while fighting around a corner at the right.. so you have to expose just that litttleee bit more armor other tanks wouldn't have to... which is not just risky but outright a blow to the stomach (usually for 3-400 dmg)

Locking the gun (to left/right barrel only) in exchange for a slight increment of reload time (like +1s to make it 'fair';) would be lovely... 

This way a player can choose to trade Damage for Defense! This would add another layer of flavor to an already nice cake.

Locking and Unlocking should have a cooldown of course... so you have to be smart when to do it... and if you play against them and notice their 'lack of DPM' you MIGHT take this chance to push them!

So this isn't just a "buff them till they are OP" suggestion, but an attempt to create a new mechanic which adds to the 'meta'... - something you can, but don't have to use. 

The more options we players have the easier we can adapt the game to our style and needs.

This is a need that yet hasn't an option to offer, caging your playstyle in certain areas, which causes 'predictable results'.

It might is a silly little thing, but i think the better people get with these tanks, the easier i can imagine mechanics like these making the difference between being a good or 'great' player.

Knowing when and how to use it... or when and how to exploit it! ... all of which (and i cant stress this enough) being up to the player to decide, so no one else is to blame :)

Spurtung #2 Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 77636 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
So you want to manually choose which gun to keep single shooting from (with the added protection from having said gun off center and exposing less of the tank), with a better reload and while also keeping the extra shot ready just in case?

MeetriX #3 Posted 01 February 2020 - 04:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25215 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

I've heard that you can do it.

No idea how or is it true.

SovietBias #4 Posted 01 February 2020 - 09:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40031 battles

+1. The same button that is used to toggle the firing mode on SWE TDs or the boost when driving WVs could work. 

Dava_117 #5 Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:54 PM

Major General

• 23549 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSovietBias, on 01 February 2020 - 09:07 PM, said:

+1. The same button that is used to toggle the firing mode on SWE TDs or the boost when driving WVs could work. 

I was thinking the same. Maybe let the gun change timer, if switching freely it too flexible.

SovietBias #6 Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40031 battles

View PostDava_117, on 01 February 2020 - 10:54 PM, said:

I was thinking the same. Maybe let the gun change timer, if switching freely it too flexible.

Honestly, I don't see why it should not be freely switchable

Dava_117 #7 Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:56 AM

Major General

• 23549 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSovietBias, on 02 February 2020 - 12:45 AM, said:

Honestly, I don't see why it should not be freely switchable

Well, someone may see that as extra flexibility, being able to chose wich gun to use freely. It's something I would have added since supertest, and I'm willing to even wait few more seconds to switch to the right gun that can give me an advantage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users