team Crash stats

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

RockyRoller #1 Posted 01 February 2020 - 08:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40086 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

When the signing in period is up, I would dearly like to know what the team numbers were.

Was AEG 4th because of poor support, or Skills just winning 1st only because he had triple the players anyone else had.  and Mail v Dez looks even whilst head to head swapping 2nd and 3rd place, but are they equal???

If Mail ha 1/3 the players Skills had, they should win on a level playing field?

speedphlux #2 Posted 01 February 2020 - 09:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50637 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
I'm guessing you are correct. Skill by far has the most players, as pretty much every single battle I've had tonight was versus his teams. Don't know how many days have passed, but I've fought versus AEG's only ONCE until now. Mainland is prolly about 1-2 battles from every 15.

Even if theoretically we capped the players numbers, I wouldn't have changed the outcome that much. Many high-skilled CW clans have openly supported Skill, hence the lovely 279(e) platoons I encounter regularly. Mainland is good, if not better than Skill, but Mainland is limited in his fan base by speaking German. And to be honest, the average German in WoT is quite far off Mainland's skill level. No offence. 

I'm personally enjoying the ding-dong battle Dez and Mainland are having.

8126Jakobsson #3 Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 85047 battles

Skill's army is so vast that its size is holding it back. The other three get instant games and pretty much only meet Skill, while the baboon horde have to wait in line to play.

So in time spent to reach level 10 I say he was the worst pick. It's the small victories that matters. :child: 

Corrupted_Pling #4 Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53836 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK
Who cares? I picked the right team so im getting a free commander with some skills woop woop

RaxipIx #5 Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36070 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

Ok look. Skill player base is a bit more on the  low medium to high end, while imo the rest have low skill to medium, on average. It's not only that he probably has more teams but on avg skill teams have 1-2 better players then the other 3 and that is a big bonus because those 50+ players tend to carry, or have a high enough impact on battles on avg to get a win.

I had no doubt in my mind he will get most points even before the  event started, because he is watched by the players who actually are either 3 marking tanks, or want to get good enough to do it.

Also factor in the booster, on a team level having 4-5k more players playing for you while boosters are on will bring in so much more points.

The only teams that actually give me a run for my money is from Mailand, it seems they got the hint and playing autoloaders, fast heaviums and in general  when i see them i need to play seriously.

About the other 2, not so much because they have rental 5a's   mostly, probably with first tier x ever and have no bloody idea how to position.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76412 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRockyRoller, on 01 February 2020 - 08:51 PM, said:

Was AEG 4th because of poor support, or Skills just winning 1st only because he had triple the players anyone else had.  and Mail v Dez looks even whilst head to head swapping 2nd and 3rd place, but are they equal???

If Mail ha 1/3 the players Skills had, they should win on a level playing field?

I suspect a combination of several factors. AEG was not huge vs the other 3 going into it. And the flow of people to them early on I'm guessing was not fairly big going by their day one points vs even Dez. As it's the team I've faced the least by far too. On day one I did face mainly Dez's team. But today Mailand was the team I faced 2 out of 3 battles I'm sure. That might explain his boost today.

And sure Skill might have had a bigger fan base to begin with. But I also suspect the fact that his early lead, gets people to join him for an easy way to the main price. Making his population grow even bigger. As we did see with blue teams early lead during the races. You wanted to win, you went blue if you came late to the event. Thus they won by 4x more points than 2nd place... as clearly indicated by one of the replies above me.

No doubt if QB was here, he would pull more ahead of skill there again due to his huge fan base. And Circon might have given Skill an more even race. But unlike those events, everyone still get the same prices. It's just the one reward that differs slightly vs all of them. So at least there is that.

Edited by Balc0ra, 01 February 2020 - 10:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users