Jump to content


Good players


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

mateyflip #1 Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:10 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39024 battles
  • 576
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

Mods, move this topic if is in the wrong place please.

 

We all know the average WOT player can be a nasty bit of work, an armchair General. barking orders and blaming the team when they arnt going the way he (I bet it always is a he) wants or the loosing of the game. We've all been there at least once.

 

Well............ to buck the trend I want to name and thumbs up to a couple of good players

 

1 - Xwoknaj - he apologised for one shotting me (moving target) while I was in my ELC 90.  It was a bloody good shot!

 

2 - _PeterT - on Fisherman's Bay in my T92 HMC, he was also arty.  He pushed me into position to get there faster then as the game drew to the end, he pushed me again to get me out of danger of being flanked. He could have left me but he was a true team player.

 

Hats off to the above.

 

 

what what



Bulldog_Drummond #2 Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:08 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34477 battles
  • 11,411
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Postmateyflip, on 01 February 2020 - 10:10 PM, said:

Mods, move this topic if is in the wrong place please.

 

We all know the average WOT player can be a nasty bit of work, an armchair General. barking orders and blaming the team when they arnt going the way he (I bet it always is a he) wants or the loosing of the game. We've all been there at least once.

 

Well............ to buck the trend I want to name and thumbs up to a couple of good players

 

1 - Xwoknaj - he apologised for one shotting me (moving target) while I was in my ELC 90.  It was a bloody good shot!

 

2 - _PeterT - on Fisherman's Bay in my T92 HMC, he was also arty.  He pushed me into position to get there faster then as the game drew to the end, he pushed me again to get me out of danger of being flanked. He could have left me but he was a true team player.

 

Hats off to the above.

 

 

what what

 

Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?



Long_Range_Sniper #3 Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:25 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 39348 battles
  • 11,152
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View Postmateyflip, on 01 February 2020 - 10:10 PM, said:

 or the loosing of the game. 

 

I see what you did there.



jack_timber #4 Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:11 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 42884 battles
  • 3,614
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014
Yes there are still some good team players contrary to what others say.

facmanpob #5 Posted 02 February 2020 - 07:05 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4937 battles
  • 407
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    05-06-2013
Teamwork does still happen. I was in a battle last night on  Ruinberg (encounter). We had four tanks left (WV, Lorraine, TD and SPG) the enemy had three (all heavies), although we were pretty much all 1-shots. The enemy were dug in by the cap and we couldn’t easily spot them.

All of a sudden players started typing messages in the chat! And not the usual abusive messages either, rather they were suggestions about how we could best use our forces. The TD indicated the lane he could cover, the wheel vehicle said he was going to do a spotting run and I agreed I’d cover him, and they Artie told us where he was pre-aiming!

We managed to finish off all three of the enemy tanks with two minutes to go in the battle without taking any return fire, all because we properly coordinated. It was one of the most fun finishes to a battle I’ve ever had. It doesn’t happen often but when it does it’s amazing!

splash_time #6 Posted 02 February 2020 - 07:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15141 battles
  • 1,052
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

i had times where i blocked or took damage instead of my low HP teammate to keep him existing as long as possible, and he helps me out in other chances. :)



mateyflip #7 Posted 02 February 2020 - 07:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39024 battles
  • 576
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View Postfacmanpob, on 02 February 2020 - 06:05 PM, said:

It was one of the most fun finishes to a battle I’ve ever had. It doesn’t happen often but when it does it’s amazing!

 

Makes a good game even better.

 

 

What what



BSHDBCG #8 Posted 03 February 2020 - 11:16 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 6317 battles
  • 1,108
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015

View Postjack_timber, on 02 February 2020 - 01:11 AM, said:

Yes there are still some good team players contrary to what others say.

 

Or people randomly become good team players for a time without knowing it?



SlyMeerkat #9 Posted 03 February 2020 - 12:08 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19131 battles
  • 3,456
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
I am all up for helping another player if possible and when i can, especially if they are flipped or something as i can't ignore that, granted its safe to do so ofc and i always show appreciation for people helping me from a bad situacion..... We so need more players like this in the game instead of all this statistical ego business and arrogance :/ 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users