Are you happy for the service that wargaming offers for you?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

_Signal_ #41 Posted 03 February 2020 - 03:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48238 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Nope not at all but you either have the choice to play or not play reagrdless of how you feel. Personally I feel the game is in a dire place but I still click on that battle. I just accept it.

Gruff_ #42 Posted 03 February 2020 - 05:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It's always had the potential to be so much more, bigger and better whilst still appealing to the different demographics casual players, competitive guys, try hards and plonk abouts.

The company consistantly make ill thought out decisions regarding game balance, customer treatment, clarity of communication and end user satisfaction, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

They took out team battles rather than promote this mode, and look how many people are enjoying the 7v7 (which also was silly to have at tier 10 imo, to costly to play without running a premium account and many people don't have the 10 tanks or developed crews if using rentals, tier 7 might have been a nice change).  Many players weren't even aware the TB mode existed, similar with strongholds at the moment there are never any videos or specials highlighting this other mode as an alternative to randoms for players dont currently play it.  The strongholds also only run from lunchtim to 1am whre as you could team battle anytime aslong as there were other teams around.

Clan wars events happen, but there is scant information on how to get started, or for inexperienced clans with lower numbers allowing them to compete at tier 6 / 8 rather than trying to field a 15 strong team with a variety of tier 10's.

Later this year they will take out some lower tier tanks fro teh tech trees further alienating end users. 

Rather than more strictly punish the abusers of team damage and imnprove the reporting system, they remove the mechanic completely loosing some of the immersive risk reward decisions about taking a shot / using the enemy to shield your tank from his team etc.

Power crept often obsolete tech tree tanks...

Introduction of ridiculously out of balanced tanks like the Obj279, 430u and elaving them unerfed/adjusted for far too long, having some of the cw reward tanks perform better than tech tree stable mates rather than just have slightly different attributes or exclusivenes coming in models looks only.

Bots and players regularly being afk to leach xp have been around for years.

Destruction mods for mini maps and other "advantage/cheat" programs are still around.

Too many little advantages like food and improved equipment that stack the deck for those that either pay for premium or play a lot to afford them.

MM - seems generally ok from my perspective, limiting arty to two per team would be one change I'd make though.

Premium ammo - limit its loadout quantity and potentialy reduce it's alpha damage value.

Prices of premium tanks personally I'd reduce from £25-40 to around £10-25, over the years I would have spent more cash overall if they were cheaper.  This would also be dependant on prems NOT being better than tech tree's and just giving the original advantage of generating credits and sharing crews.

Carrots and donkeys, the current culture of overloading players with many overlaping, grindy events has got out of hand.  It's not a direction I like.

Imbalanced game which just could be so much more with the right team behind it....

Edited by Gruff_, 03 February 2020 - 05:56 PM.

malowany #43 Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6644 battles
  • [H-O-A] H-O-A
If a reasonable alternative would pop up I would jump the ship in a heartbeat, but alas there is no other arcade tank game that would compete with WOT so here I am.

OllieCromwell #44 Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47604 battles
  • [GENB] GENB

Given the fact that this game (+ WoWs and WoWp) seems to be able to keep me entertained for a good part of the last 9 years or so I'd be inclined to answer the question by OP as a 'Yes'...

There's plenty of things I'd like to see changed but overall It's one of the best games I've played over the last 30 years (yeah, I still have fond memories of the Commodore 64).

Edited by OllieCromwell, 04 February 2020 - 08:51 AM.

Frostilicus #45 Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:56 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23727 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
Not playing, no massive issues with the game itself, more the playerbase :)

bobo45acp #46 Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 85137 battles
  • [X3EAM] X3EAM
THIS GAME IS NO LONGER WORTH PLAYING....JUST NO POINT...2 EBRs in game ...game ruined....... WG had pissed in their own pot.

makrjc #47 Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27440 battles

not happy with this unfair game at all.

russian tanks are too overpovered and you cant decently play this game any more.

worgaming makes  1 new russian tank per weak, it is not even funny any more.

they are so stupid that they still think we are not aware of it.

wsatnutter #48 Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:28 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 27066 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postmakrjc, on 01 March 2020 - 09:20 AM, said:

russian tanks are too overpovered and you cant decently play this game any more.

lay off the tinfoil

Lagalaza #49 Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14087 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

I've been playng for 18 months only, a latecomer to the game. It's great. I'm in an active clan who help, support and offer training. I have made some good online friends. Mediocre player but I still have those battles where I go "wow, magic". The game is about enjoyment and that is what it gives me 90% of the time. Everything else is just detail so yes, it's a great game.

As for money, don't spend if you don't want to.

chessstud #50 Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17177 battles
  • [T0TH] T0TH

WG do nothing about bots, balance is a joke, some tanks are useless, some are ridiculously OP, they don't listen to feedback.

The only person who is happy with this "service" is the moderator with 20k games and 5k messages invested in this garbage.

Edited by chessstud, 01 March 2020 - 10:41 AM.

unhappy__bunny #51 Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:50 AM

Brigadier

• 20884 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostSolstad1069, on 02 February 2020 - 02:42 PM, said:

I love the game and have since 2013, but i have to take more and longer breaks to not start hating.
Played during christmas period, but uninstalled when it ended 14th of January.
If i stay away for a few months the game feels more fresh and enjoyable again.

The MM is OK, better than the original 3-5-7, but its way too harsh on platooning and tier 6.
Dont care about the ammo people use, if i get hit i have done something wrong in the first place.
I always switch to premium ammo when i get under 50% HP,  i face +2 tier tanks or just to make sure i do damage before i go down.
Maps are an issue, we need more maps like Steppes nothing like Minsk, honestly i dont think they know how to do it anymore.

View PostGodTank2, on 02 February 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

Yes, else i wouldnt be playing this game.

View PostIsharial, on 02 February 2020 - 02:51 PM, said:

if I hated the game as much as OP seems to with all the poorly written rage threads they keep creating, id have found a new game a long time ago....

I still enjoy the game, and that's all that a game is made for. Sure there are issues that could well be addressed, and new things such as more maps, but there isn't a game in existence that has nothing wrong with it or nothing that could be improved upon.

View Postmateyflip, on 02 February 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

All good here. Things have improved a lot and I like.

Imho they could bring back FF but have a forgive function and harsher penalties for the wallies out there.

Marathons can be a little of a pain but that's my issue. After all WG are giving a tank away for free so you should have to work for it.

WP and GG WG.

What what

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 February 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

If not... I would not be here.

Then again, going by all your topics of late. Inc the underwater hack. I'm surprised that you are still here.

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 02 February 2020 - 03:01 PM, said:

Larger more open (hills, buildings, yes, but more flanking routes) maps - and my own performance still - aside, I am happy.

View Postrageman4u, on 02 February 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

sometimes i am also surprised buy enjoying it!

View Postwar4peace, on 02 February 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

Yes, I am happy. It is my go-to game almost on a daily basis.

View Postjack_timber, on 02 February 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

Yes!

View PostOnly_Slightly_Bent, on 02 February 2020 - 06:29 PM, said:

Yes.
If I wasn't, I wouldn't be playing it.

I wonder about the mental state of people who hate this game and WG yet still keep playing.

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 02 February 2020 - 06:35 PM, said:

Missing a poll, but for the most part: yes.

Although some players could do with a better understanding of game mechanics and tactics.

View Postchessstud, on 01 March 2020 - 09:40 AM, said:

WG do nothing about bots, balance is a joke, some tanks are useless, some are ridiculously OP, they don't listen to feedback.

The only person who is happy with this "service" is the moderator with 20k games and 5k messages invested in this garbage.

Dear chessstud, I beg to differ.  I present the above quotes as evidence that you are wrong. 

Slyspy #52 Posted 01 March 2020 - 12:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15001 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmakrjc, on 01 March 2020 - 10:20 AM, said:

You've never played it decently!

Personally I just got bored of the game and play it much less now. Bored of the grind, bored of the utterly confused mess that are missions, specials etc which provided so many objectives as to render few of the identifiable. But I still enjoy the odd session. The trouble is that I am now much less experienced and more out of practice due to irregular and infrequent sessions and my own lack of performance hinders my enjoyment and reduces my desire to play still further.

Edit:

The fact is that being a casual player in WoT is not a very satisfactory experience. 

Edited by Slyspy, 01 March 2020 - 12:53 PM.

mtnm #53 Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3932 battles
[woosh]

Edited by mtnm, 01 March 2020 - 04:03 PM.

jabster #54 Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12823 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSlyspy, on 01 March 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

You've never played it decently!

Personally I just got bored of the game and play it much less now. Bored of the grind, bored of the utterly confused mess that are missions, specials etc which provided so many objectives as to render few of the identifiable. But I still enjoy the odd session. The trouble is that I am now much less experienced and more out of practice due to irregular and infrequent sessions and my own lack of performance hinders my enjoyment and reduces my desire to play still further.

Edit:

The fact is that being a casual player in WoT is not a very satisfactory experience. 

I never realised how important the grind was to my enjoyment of the game until I got bored of doing them. It gives that element of just a few more battles and I can unlock that engine and then you think let’s make a start on the turret or gun. It the equivalent of just a few more turns in Civ so you can research or build X.

jack_timber #55 Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43775 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Had nearly a whole month since I replied "Yes" and even though I do agree with Gruff re grindy events I still keep coming back for more.

Perhaps the question should be why do we still play?

Sixter2000 #56 Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2370 battles
I think it´s the mixture between being a free game for some and a subscription game for others that creates problems. I feel that most of the time WG treats the player base as if everyone is playing a free game. If everyone was paying a subscription like with many other games I think the pressure would be more constant on WG to behave like a company with paying customers.

stormermp #57 Posted 01 March 2020 - 03:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 51804 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View Postrageman4u, on 02 February 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

Matchamaking system, Gold ammo's, Price of the premium items.New tanks, new maps! What is your opinion?

NO,NO,NO,NO and NO.I support this game any longer, i don't pay nothing for this game,i only play it but much much less than before because its is so hard to enjoy it for these times are rare.This game nowadays is nothing but graphically polished mess of a game with no balancing skill/league competitive based mm with no incentive to get better or to reward team play.I think this game is now a fast paced shooter tank game with basically no old and enjoyable elements that made this game big

OIias_of_Sunhillow #58 Posted 01 March 2020 - 03:24 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 26836 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Are you happy for the service that wargaming offers for you?

I want to play a tank game, they offer a decent tank game for me to play, ..so, yes.

Do I get a month's supply of toilet rolls for completion of this survey ?

mateyflip #59 Posted 01 March 2020 - 05:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39848 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 01 March 2020 - 09:50 AM, said:

Dear chessstud, I beg to differ.  I present the above quotes as evidence that you are wrong. 

Man that's a lot of quoting!

What what

Supakadai #60 Posted 01 March 2020 - 05:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57069 battles

As a free service? Sure! Free is always free.

As a paid service? Absolutely not. Broken crap ain't worth real money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users