Jump to content


Team Clash: 4 skill commanders for all teams.

Team Clash 7v7 event skill4ltu dezgamez mailand Awesome Epic guys

  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Balc0ra #21 Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 79284 battles
  • 24,532
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostMiepie, on 03 February 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

Well, plugging in extra rewards there would be optional... Though if like now, Team 1 is being Team 1 really early because of the huge number of extra players they have, a company could decide to not give those extras so more players on Team 1 will stop playing the mode and lowering the difference with the rest...

 

That doesn't really help when the other teams lose players as is once they get to lvl 10 to... As there is "no point" already to keep going for some once they get to X. As we did see for team Red during the races. And is an effect with every team event here. One team gets a major early gap and keeps it. And I doubt it would drop low enough to give AEG a better chance etc. As they were the underdogs going into it as is to even have a small chance at the 1st spot.

 

 

 

 


Edited by Balc0ra, 03 February 2020 - 09:27 PM.


thoso1973 #22 Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:40 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49608 battles
  • 471
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    03-07-2013

View PostSastusBulbas, on 03 February 2020 - 06:27 PM, said:

Absolutely ridiculous to have an event THEN EXPECT to have the same rewards regardless of the winning team.

 

It has nothing to do with 'winning more' and everything to do with 'playing more', because more players play for Team Skill, regardless if they have a higher win rate or not.



Miepie #23 Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:41 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 7106 battles
  • 2,923
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 February 2020 - 09:27 PM, said:

 

That doesn't really help when the other teams lose players as is once they get to lvl 10 to... As there is "no point" already to keep going for some once they get to X. As we did see for team Red during the races. And is an effect with every team event here. One team gets a major early gap and keeps it. And I doubt it would drop low enough to give AEG a better chance etc. As they were the underdogs going into it as is to even have a small chance at the 1st spot.

 

 

 

 

Yeah yeah, but in my proposal teams 2, 3 and 4 keep going because that way they add extra skills to their commander to make them equal to the commander of Team 1...

 

edit to add: except for team 4 of course, who will end up with one less skill regardless. Anyway: not giving team 1 many extra rewards will lower their numbers and giving the commanders extra skills will boost the numbers of the other teams, so it might give more variety in teams that you are fighting against?


Edited by Miepie, 03 February 2020 - 09:43 PM.


SastusBulbas #24 Posted 03 February 2020 - 11:52 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 37519 battles
  • 3,188
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010

View PostMiepie, on 03 February 2020 - 09:41 PM, said:

Yeah yeah, but in my proposal teams 2, 3 and 4 keep going because that way they add extra skills to their commander to make them equal to the commander of Team 1...

 

edit to add: except for team 4 of course, who will end up with one less skill regardless. Anyway: not giving team 1 many extra rewards will lower their numbers and giving the commanders extra skills will boost the numbers of the other teams, so it might give more variety in teams that you are fighting against?

 

So do the winners of a 4 skil commander get to level 5 to compensate?

 



Shivvering #25 Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:01 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38853 battles
  • 485
  • [B-HZE] B-HZE
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 February 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

Then why have the event if everyone gets the same price?

 

Tho we did see the exact same thing with the races. One team pulled too far ahead, and got all the big prices on each of the 4 stages. Why? The common fault for all these events. The one that pulls ahead first. Is the one that gets all the later joiners for an easier reward. But unlike past events. You at least get the same reward, just with minor differences. Do you want the crew skills, or the commander voices? As if you all the lunar missions, you get 3 skills there from one book if that was the issue.

 

 

 

 


Because it should be a fun event with just participation rewards.

 

They have try-hard events already, where the most try-hardiest, gold-spamiest, op-rewardtankdriviest players can polish their epeen to their hearts content.

 

The rest of us plebs would just like a little fun.



SastusBulbas #26 Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:03 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 37519 battles
  • 3,188
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010

View Postthoso1973, on 03 February 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

 

It has nothing to do with 'winning more' and everything to do with 'playing more', because more players play for Team Skill, regardless if they have a higher win rate or not.

 

I am not sure what the numbers are, but everyone had the same opportunity, the only two I would pick are Dez and Skill, and only due to my clan history. My lad picked Dez, I picked Skill.  I will continue playing past lvl 10 as I still want the Skill faction to come out on top. 

 

So if you picked a losing horse, put money on it, you would want the same winnings as the guy who picked the race winner. That sounds fair....

23:10 Added after 6 minute

View PostShivvering, on 04 February 2020 - 12:01 AM, said:


Because it should be a fun event with just participation rewards.

 

They have try-hard events already, where the most try-hardiest, gold-spamiest, op-rewardtankdriviest players can polish their epeen to their hearts content.

 

The rest of us plebs would just like a little fun.

 

Except, it is NOTHING like you say.

 

All teams have a fair share of reward tanks and rental tanks, very team has the same issues, it's just more seem to be working as a team than others.



SoupFork #27 Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:22 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20043 battles
  • 764
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017
All I can suggest is that if WG runs a similar event, they implement a 48h signup window before the battles start, where you chose your team. When the period ends, no one can join anymore, then the battles/event begins.

SoupFork #28 Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:33 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20043 battles
  • 764
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

View Postthoso1973, on 03 February 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

 

It has nothing to do with 'winning more' and everything to do with 'playing more', because more players play for Team Skill, regardless if they have a higher win rate or not.


and you have the actual numbers of the amounts of players per team vs. the amount of battles won?

I’d like to see those please. I’ve seen many, many battles where we (team Skill) had the +8 for cap boost on and the other team too and they didn’t even TRY to cap they just trundled off to the regular random battle spots while we piled on cap and won in a minute.Game after game after game. I once racked up 90+ points in just one hour simply by being coordinated, fast and ruthless instead of spending the first 2 minutes trying to find a “tactical” position. 

It’s a bit too easy to just blindly blame it on superior numbers when so many teams say they get ROFLstomped by team Skill. 

 

What if the difference in team sizes is actually fairly small but the huge gap is down to team Skill playing more and winning more? Is it still unfair then, if they simply worked a lot harder for it?

 

 


Edited by SoupFork, 04 February 2020 - 12:34 AM.


Spurtung #29 Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:00 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 85226 battles
  • 8,599
  • [USSRX] USSRX
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostSoupFork, on 03 February 2020 - 11:33 PM, said:

I’ve seen many, many battles where we (team Skill) had the +8 for cap boost on and the other team too and they didn’t even TRY to cap they just trundled off to the regular random battle spots while we piled on cap and won in a minute.Game after game after game.

 

While I, on the other hand (still team skill), had a moron killing the last enemy, who was hiding, while I sat alone in cap with 10s left to win.



m1x_angelico #30 Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:54 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29360 battles
  • 1,575
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 03 February 2020 - 08:00 PM, said:


Two sides of the same coin working together to take a bit of this and a bit of that, played out as if it's either or. And this "contest" isn't much about skill (heh) or putting in the most time, it's just about having the biggest horde. But still.   

 

Ok, lets recap. You play random matches that are not fair every day, yet this time limited event gets you triggered? You do know that unlike random matches, you can choose not to play this?

Everybody had a chance to choose freely which team to join. I agree that the skill dis-balance is an issue between team, but what is the purpose of changing the rules of the event in the middle of the event. We could have just picked another team, not played and gotten rewards as well, right? That would make us idiots.



8126Jakobsson #31 Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:46 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 85522 battles
  • 6,310
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postm1x_angelico, on 04 February 2020 - 08:54 AM, said:

 

Ok, lets recap. You play random matches that are not fair every day, yet this time limited event gets you triggered? You do know that unlike random matches, you can choose not to play this?

Everybody had a chance to choose freely which team to join. I agree that the skill dis-balance is an issue between team, but what is the purpose of changing the rules of the event in the middle of the event. We could have just picked another team, not played and gotten rewards as well, right? That would make us idiots.


Well I'm not "triggered" and I don't agree with op that it should be changed to give everyone the same reward. Just saying that giving everyone the first price in this case wouldn't be all that unfair since it's not really about skill and prestige. This time it is more about participating and less about contesting; a fun community thing and we're all winners. Some win a little bit more depending on that one click at the start, that's all. 



trispect #32 Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:46 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 37017 battles
  • 2,355
  • [F2PAY] F2PAY
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011

View PostSpurtung, on 04 February 2020 - 04:00 AM, said:

 

While I, on the other hand (still team skill), had a moron killing the last enemy, who was hiding, while I sat alone in cap with 10s left to win.

Same. Cap booster running, we were 6vs1 against M60 with 60hp and two seconds left to cap. Some moron shot the M60 while we all sat in the cap circle...:facepalm:



tajj7 #33 Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:52 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30818 battles
  • 18,600
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 04 February 2020 - 08:46 AM, said:


Well I'm not "triggered" and I don't agree with op that it should be changed to give everyone the same reward. Just saying that giving everyone the first price in this case wouldn't be all that unfair since it's not really about skill and prestige. This time it is more about participating and less about contesting; a fun community thing and we're all winners. Some win a little bit more depending on that one click at the start, that's all. 

 

Each team is getting a 0 skill commander of their favourite streamer (well of those available) whatever, so does the number of skills make that much difference? Seems a fairly minor thing for the winners to have. 



Wrinkly #34 Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:04 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 51520 battles
  • 347
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 February 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

 

That doesn't really help when the other teams lose players as is once they get to lvl 10 to... As there is "no point" already to keep going for some once they get to X. As we did see for team Red during the races. And is an effect with every team event here. One team gets a major early gap and keeps it. And I doubt it would drop low enough to give AEG a better chance etc. As they were the underdogs going into it as is to even have a small chance at the 1st spot.

 

 

 

 

 

These 7v7 are fast. At level 25 now, I've just been farming XP and bonds. BTW. I'm on team Baboon.


Edited by Wrinkly, 04 February 2020 - 10:04 AM.


eldrak #35 Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 55161 battles
  • 1,698
  • [GR-W] GR-W
  • Member since:
    01-27-2011

This is what they should have done (imo):

 

When you reach personal tier 10 you ensure that you get a commander for that that team if the team reaches tier 10.

Then you can pick a new team and get that commander at personal tier 20 if that team reaches tier 10.

etc, max personal level 40.

 

Then the diehards would move between the teams and make the competition more even. There wouldn't be so long queue times for playing mediums in skills team either.



Robbie_T #36 Posted 04 February 2020 - 01:35 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23821 battles
  • 1,726
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-08-2016

Who the helll chooses Awesome epic guys anyway.....you seen those dudes...

I took lunch money back in the day from those kind of kids.



Shivvering #37 Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38853 battles
  • 485
  • [B-HZE] B-HZE
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

View PostSastusBulbas, on 04 February 2020 - 12:03 AM, said:

 

I am not sure what the numbers are, but everyone had the same opportunity, the only two I would pick are Dez and Skill, and only due to my clan history. My lad picked Dez, I picked Skill.  I will continue playing past lvl 10 as I still want the Skill faction to come out on top. 

 

So if you picked a losing horse, put money on it, you would want the same winnings as the guy who picked the race winner. That sounds fair....

23:10 Added after 6 minute

 

Except, it is NOTHING like you say.

 

All teams have a fair share of reward tanks and rental tanks, very team has the same issues, it's just more seem to be working as a team than others.

 

What is NOTHING like i say?

 

The final reward is based on Team Rank, is it not?

 

That would make it EXACTLY like I say, would it not?

 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users