French line suggestion MT or LT?

lights mediums French

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

snowlywhite #21 Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28958 battles

lt and mt(bc) lines seem perfectly viable to me. Didn't play ebr because the grind seems downright horrid; but the t10 could justify the suffering.

lt line - imho by far the best tracked light line in the game with nothing coming even close to it. Ok, I never managed to like the russian lt line which is more or less the only contender.

The fact that you have a potent clip represents a major deterrent in being yoloed by the random med who might think "hurr durr, let's push the light because we can".

added bonus: no real stinkers in the grind. Which is surprising in older lines. Ok, t8(in which you'll spend a f ton of time if you want to elite) is... okish. I mean, 200 gold apcr in current t8 meta... yeah, not really. Especially with a less than stellar gun handling; french guns being all like that. But now, with blueprints and such should be way less boring.

bc line: t9 - not really. Fully pimped, with food and uber crew, think it was some 41.5s reload. Now... 40+s is a f ton of time.

T10 batchat - ok, maybe not meta anymore, but if you like autoloaders, still a very fun tank to play. I don't agree with the other posters regarding the reasons. It always had bad gun handling and low ammo count. The problem is simply the way games are nowdays.

If there'd be a class called "end game carry tank": it'd have one tank in it. And that'd be the bat. For end game carry it's 10 better than proseco, tvp or anything else. Problem is that games nowdays rarely evolve in "end game close situations". By the time you're at the 3rd clip one of the teams crumbled already and you're either chasing dmg(when you're limited by the clip which needs to be reloaded) or you're farming the last bits before being overrun.

Basically: I don't think it was necessarily powercrept. More like, it's intended role doesn't really occur frequently in nowdays games.

Venom7000 #22 Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8300 battles
Thank you all for the input. 
I will take this all in mind once I get to the branching part of the tech tree. :)

OUe_mistake_not #23 Posted 08 February 2020 - 08:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1605 battles

View PostVenom7000, on 03 February 2020 - 10:55 PM, said:

Im thinking of starting a new grind. And since I have no French tanks (except Bretagne Panther from lootbox). I feel am open to any suggestions.

How do you guys find the LT and MT French lines? (I am very interested in starting my first autoloader lines)

The LTs are great, and you have to go through the BC12t at tier VIII to get to the meds anyway, so you'll know by then how you feel about the lights.  The BC25t AP is quite hit and miss as the gun handling is bad and you really depend on not having an incompetent team as the reload is very very long, so you can quite easily have a game that only gives you time for two clips, and it is VERY rare for you to get the chance to unload a full clip in to someone.  They really have to have screwed up unless it is late game.  

LOL for some reason I can't write after the quote box:  Tungsten; agreed, the 13 75 is a beauty.  It was one of the first tanks I had with blue stats in and a decent WR.  The reload isn't too long either, so it doesn't suffer as much from the current 3min 0-15/15-0 game meta.  For some reason I was quite good at the BC 12t, but I never enjoyed it as much as the others...

View PostTungstenHitman, on 04 February 2020 - 03:14 PM, said:

Neither. Just get the AMX 13 75, leave it at that. 

From what I've played the best and end-game of this line is the T7 AMX 13 75. It has the DPM and mag reload times along with the acceleration which cripples the T6. The T8 B-C is not that good tbh and out of meta with it's slow aiming gun and mediocre firepower especially compared to the same tier broken EBR and LT whatever that broken Russian "light" tank is called.

Edited by OUe_mistake_not, 08 February 2020 - 08:51 PM.

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #24 Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23750 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
If You have 0 respect to Yourself, or the game, as it used to be, and community, go EBR line. If You do, go B-C 25. Don't get 30B, as it is underpowered, but may get a buff same as STB-1 and Leopard did.

TungstenHitman #25 Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32996 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostOUe_mistake_not, on 08 February 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

LOL for some reason I can't write after the quote box:  Tungsten; agreed, the 13 75 is a beauty.  It was one of the first tanks I had with blue stats in and a decent WR.  The reload isn't too long either, so it doesn't suffer as much from the current 3min 0-15/15-0 game meta.  For some reason I was quite good at the BC 12t, but I never enjoyed it as much as the others...

With the 13 75 it's got to be a difference in tempo you know? For when you have energy and fresh. 

If I'm playing a big alpha TD lurking and punishing my tempo and mood is something like this.

When I'm in the mood to play lights and fast tanks, it's a different approach, a different energy, it HAS to be. Kill noobs faster than they can kill yours lol... the mind is working more like at this pace.

_Pacfren #26 Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 63995 battles
  • [PTS] PTS
EBR is the best option ,go for it :child:

Venom7000 #27 Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8300 battles

I really wished that EBRs were never introduced in to the game. They feel so broken. Not just as OP (in good player hands). But also when you watch them. The speed and the maneuverability, looks like a mod and so unnatural to the game engine to run.

Also starting this game I was always interested in heavy hitters KV2, Grille 15 (latter Jgpze100), E100. But I was also looking forward to taking a break and being a stealthy c@nt and spotting. :D
I understand that there are some people that like EBR line. But there is no denying that it killed light role for all other tanks. And also made arties already easy life much more easier. Being able to spot very quickly and run away.

frange #28 Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32605 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR

Sooo. Just got a s**tload of blueprints via the Battle Pass and Im looking at the French tree... Do have 45k XP on the BC 12t but just never play it, mostly because the Elc Even 90 is much more fun and the wheelies makes things even worse for the aged 12t boy - so Im not gonna miss him, I sort of liked the 13 75 but that was before the wheelies showed up.

But do have a 4skilled crew in the BC 12t and a 4skilled MT crew in the M4 Ravioli waiting to be used for something.

So - have to choose - 13 90 or the BC 25tp AP.... Just cannot make up my mind which one to go for :ohmy:

Edited by frange, 24 March 2020 - 11:41 PM.

Galan7891 #29 Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9124 battles

View PostVenom7000, on 08 February 2020 - 10:50 PM, said:

I really wished that EBRs were never introduced in to the game. They feel so broken. Not just as OP (in good player hands). But also when you watch them. The speed and the maneuverability, looks like a mod and so unnatural to the game engine to run.

Also starting this game I was always interested in heavy hitters KV2, Grille 15 (latter Jgpze100), E100. But I was also looking forward to taking a break and being a stealthy c@nt and spotting. :D
I understand that there are some people that like EBR line. But there is no denying that it killed light role for all other tanks. And also made arties already easy life much more easier. Being able to spot very quickly and run away.

The only thing that WVs do good is active spotting and even then only after tier8+ ,Tracked LTs can still perform passive spotting just fine(provided you have a decent crew and a couple of brain cells).

snowlywhite #30 Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28958 battles

wheelies fall into 2 categories:

1. bad players, yolo at the start. Let your team farm them, then do the normal game as a light.

1.1. bad players, yolo at the start, your team can't farm them. It's irrelevant what you do, 90% of the cases you'll lose. Because... your team can't hit; so you can spot till you turn blue.

2. good players which will do more or less the standard light play; eventually a somewhat aggressive initial run. Later in game, yeah, they are better suited for more active scouting. But you have a better gun; in french case, you have a clip, so potentially can finish stuff much easier.

anyway, you say you have 2 crews, so why do you have to chose one line?

Makroros_The_Arty_Magnet #31 Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23750 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View Postilmavarvas, on 04 February 2020 - 08:06 AM, said:

French lights are fun from tier 6 upwards, except tier 8 Lynx, which is crap. not as powerful as it's tier 8 premium version.

Fixed Your sentence.

Also tagged with lights, mediums, French

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users