• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Bora_BOOM #41 Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31206 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostRockyRoller, on 04 February 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

And those with high WR will think they won the game not the team.

What I'm saying is there is a critical number of skilled persons needed to win a battle. How many is the question you need to answer. What I know is the majority play not to win but to exp or kill tanks, to play safe (which the science of Game Theory predicts) and look good, but not to win.

Anyone who belittles my WR as their excuse is just doing the ad hominem ploy because they lost the discussion and have nothing to back up what they say about one person winning the battles. They don't. It's a team effort to win and a team effort to lose, and humans evolutionary evolved not to take risks as a rule, those that did, the minority that did take the big risk are either kings and we know about them but far more of them are dead and most never heard their name.

"Critical numbers of skilled persons needed to win" is equal on your or enemy team - it evens out on the long run.

And if one player can do 3x the dmg value of his own HP ( "destruction ratio" stat ) almost every single battle (cause that is his average) how can you say he is "not winning on his own"?

He damages 3 tanks down (killing 2 on average) before he gets killed (he dies only 6 times out of 10 battles).

How is taking care that enemy has 2 tanks less than your team EVERY TIME not winning you a battle?

Imagine all the battles that you are in start with 15 of your players and 13 on the enemy team. They play aggressive, at the front, so that is pretty much what happens. 

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 04 February 2020 - 02:16 PM.

Rati_Festa #42 Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51397 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostRockyRoller, on 04 February 2020 - 02:01 PM, said:

What I'm saying is there is a critical number of skilled persons needed to win a battle. How many is the question you need to answer. What I know is the majority play not to win but to exp or kill tanks, to play safe (which the science of Game Theory predicts) and look good, but not to win.

Anyone who belittles my WR as their excuse is just doing the ad hominem ploy because they lost the discussion and have nothing to back up what they say about one person winning the battles. They don't. It's a team effort to win and a team effort to lose, and humans evolutionary evolved not to take risks as a rule, those that did, the minority that did take the big risk are either kings and we know about them but far more of them are dead and most never heard their name.

13:05 Added after 4 minute

as I said, our clan leader has a habit of only picking landings against the top 10%, and we lose every time and it gets seen in the stats. Put us against the average clan of our skill level we can win, and that can be seen in our final score for the season where we end up in the top 50% and have done for a few seasons now. GMap is far tougher to win than a random battle as clans work as a team, and the best at it most.

As you suggested WR isn't just skill, as Bora explained a large chunk of it is random and based on the team. The 20% in the middles from 40% - 60% sets where you are in the global stats of the whole of the WOT playing community. You have a 46% so you are a below-average player, you identified how you can improve that and that is use decent crews, use OP tanks go in a platoon etc etc you could also just git gud.

What you can't say though is you aren't a below average player based on your WR, because you quite clearly are.In the 20% of battles where you could have controlled the outcome and changed the result you on average fail... you are a below average player, just accept it or get better, but don't deny it publically, that's just silly.

Jauhesammutin #43 Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24171 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostRunes_Of_Ragnarok, on 04 February 2020 - 08:47 AM, said:

Why are players still evaluating other players/tanks by their winrate alone?

While it's never a good thing to evaluate other players by a single stat, I would still say WR is the best one for that.

Obviously it doesn't work all the time. A player with 100% winrate at 1 game isn't the best player in the game just as a player with 0% winrate at 1 game isn't the worst one.

Winrate is also hard to pad. Yes, you can pad it on T2, but it wont raise your WR on T10. DMG (WN8) is easier to pad on all tiers. 

Yes, you can play with 2 unicums and do absolutely nothing and still have a 70% winrate or you can be an unicum and play with 2 bad players and have a 55% winrate. It's not perfect, but better than the other metrics.

BUT as far as I know, World of Tanks is a team-based game. Is there any sort of magic that allows players to consistently win games even when they are 1 vs 15?

In other words, is there a way to win when your team does everything in its power in order to lose?

Yes, and that's why the average winrate is ~49%. Average players get average winrate. If your winrate is higher you must be doing something better than an average player. 

Average damage, average assistance, cap/decap points, average blocked (why is this stat so underrated and overlooked? Have you ever heard of games where no shells were fired? Armored tanks soak up damage for paper tanks to not get destroyed outright the moment they are spotted) are much more reflective stats on what a player/tank actually does on the battlefield and on how they perform.

Average damage can be easily padded. You don't see players with 40% winrate and 4k dmg because generally those go hand in hand. But let's look at a hypothetical situation. Your team has melted, it's 1v15. Do you die or do you do damage? It doesn't affect the outcome. You can't win against 15 players. Your winrate doesn't get any prettier but your average damage will. Even in a lost game you can pad your damage but not your winrate.

Same goes for average assist. It can be also padded while it's a lot harder. It's also map and team dependent. If you get 5 lights in a city map it's hard to spot.  

Cap/Decap? Umm, that goes directly to Winrate. If you don't decap you'll lose.

Blocking should also fall under winrate. If you block 5 tanks your team should win against 14v10.

will0hlep #44 Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12244 battles
  • [TD_UK] TD_UK

View PostRockyRoller, on 04 February 2020 - 02:01 PM, said:

No one here is saying that 1 person could win every battle, what they are saying is that each of us have an effect in the battle and if one of us plays slightly better in that battle then we stand a better chance of winning. Just because it is a team sport dosn't mean you aren't responsible in some part for your win rate. The law of large numbers tells us that as we repeat a random experiment more and more our results will tend towards the underlying distribution. Or in terms of tanks, if you play enough games, your effect on those games becomes clearer and clearer. Arguing the opposite implies that you have no effect on the game what so ever which implies that if you play 1000 games afk you will get a comparable result to playing those 1000 games normally. This is clearly not true.

If i use "Wilson score interval with continuity correction" (which can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binomial_proportion_confidence_interval) to produce an confidence interval of what your win chance is in a random game of WoT i can say with some amount of confidence what your win chance is in an average game. This in turn shows what kind of effect you have on a game. in the case of your account you've played 38994 games, won 18120 of them. So i can say with 95% confidence that in an average game of Wot you have between a 46.965% and 45.973% win chance. Remember in all those games the common factor was you. you are not totally responsible and you may be an outlier, but you should consider the very real possibility that your style of play might be one of the issues with your games.

Now i apologise if it sounds like i'm stat shaming, that is not my intention. But i would like more people to think about how they could have done better when they die or lose. Think could i have reacted faster there, could i have gone to another spot, could i have blocked that shot, should i have seen that, could i have got 1 more shot off, did i shot the right target. This is the true way to improve. i would bet that in 1% of games any player getting 1 more shot off could tip the scales. Have a nice day.

Edited by will0hlep, 04 February 2020 - 02:25 PM.

RockyRoller #45 Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40039 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View PostBora_BOOM, on 04 February 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

Simplified:

50 games.

Bad player: wins 22, loses 28 - 45% wr

Avg player: wins 24, loses 26 - 48% wr

Decent player: wins 25, loses 25 - 50% wr

Good player: wins 27, loses 23 - 54% wr

Unica: wins 30, loses 20 - 60% wr.

When you break up the numbers you get this:

between 48% wr (average) and 54% wr (good) the difference is 3 battles over 50 that you need to make a win with your personal contribution.

3 out of 50!

Every 17 battles you need to find only one in which you will contribute and make it a win!

Is it easy? Hell no. You need to learn a lot to be able to do it consistently. Also, the curve is steeper for every additional win - higher the percentage you go higher the contribution demands are. Finding that one above 60%? You need to double the effort to pull out that extra win compared to the ones down the line. You can see 60% wr players doing 3-4x more dmg consistently compared to avg players.

Remember, manage to turn only one loss into a win every 20 battles and you will see a huge progress.

if this was true it would be reflected in the WoTplayer tank stats, but it isn't and it can be clearly seen some tanks have a better win rate than others whilst your hypothesis would have them all equal as player defines WR, not the tank or anything else.

in case you never seen the stats, here all all servers

https://wot-life.com/eu/serverstats/

https://wot-life.com/ru/serverstats/

https://wot-life.com/na/serverstats/

will0hlep #46 Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12244 battles
  • [TD_UK] TD_UK

View PostRockyRoller, on 04 February 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

if this was true it would be reflected in the WoTplayer tank stats, but it isn't and it can be clearly seen some tanks have a better win rate than others whilst your hypothesis would have them all equal as player defines WR, not the tank or anything else.

The numbers Bora_BOOM is quoting are rough values (especially in small numbers of games), if you play worse tanks you should expect lower win rates, however, you are still responsible for your win rate to some degree and blaming your tank only gets you so far. i would suggest comparing your win rate in a tank to the average win rate in that tank to see how good you are in an individual tank.

Take for example that AT15A, the current server average WR is 51.20% (call it 51.195% because rounding) over 16226100 games, so with 95% confidence the win chance of an average player in an AT15A is between 51.219% and 51.171%. You have 1462 battles and a 49.9% WR (call it 49.95% because rounding) so with 82.8% confidence your win chance in an average game in the AT15A is lower than 51.171%.

Please understand, yes there is RNG in win rate, it's there in all stats because your team and the enemy are effecting what you can see and shot at, what you can spot and several other things. However as you play more games the pattern that is your performance can be separated from the background noise. This is why the best players in tanks like skill4ltu has a 64.5% win rate overall and better than average win rates in every vehicle he plays. Because you getting 1 more shot off means your team is ever so slightly more likely to win.

Edited by will0hlep, 04 February 2020 - 02:41 PM.

SIPU #47 Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22105 battles
  • [JORM] JORM

View PostBora_BOOM, on 04 February 2020 - 01:10 PM, said:

"Critical numbers of skilled persons needed to win" is equal on your or enemy team - it evens out on the long run.

And if one player can do 3x the dmg value of his own HP ( "destruction ratio" stat ) almost every single battle (cause that is his average) how can you say he is "not winning on his own"?

He damages 3 tanks down (killing 2 on average) before he gets killed (he dies only 6 times out of 10 battles).

How is taking care that enemy has 2 tanks less than your team EVERY TIME not winning you a battle?

Imagine all the battles that you are in start with 15 of your players and 13 on the enemy team. They play aggressive, at the front, so that is pretty much what happens. 

Generally the idea is OK-ish, but I would like to argue a few things. Dmg vs your own healthpool? It depends a lot on a type of vehicle you are driving. Light tank can have a huge impact without firing a single shell. Many times it is better to wait than to shoot. More damage than health on the other hand is a must with TD and arty. Heavy tanks are somewhere in the middle. Some are designed for soaking up enemy damage instead of sniping from afar.

Second thing is nobody can win alone. Maybe sometimes, but never alone every time. Especially on higher tiers as the exceptionally high WR players tend to infest low tiers.

Regarding OP question how to get better? I would say by experimenting and watching streams of good players. I had long break and still learning a lot by making huge numbers of mistakes.

Some examples:

1. Driving to places where I cannot survive alone. 

2. Overcommitting with light tanks. Going to spot when someone pings or rages instead of thinking yourself. All they want is to get one shot into enemy tank. They do not care if you die and loose spotter for the rest of the game.

3. Going too far into flank without adequate support.

4. Trusting your team members to make right decisions and support when needed. Again people are selfish and often do not see the big picture.

Edited by SIPU, 04 February 2020 - 02:39 PM.

Bora_BOOM #48 Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31206 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

I will add an example to what I have said about having that one battle out of 10 that you need to turn into a win.

The result was 12:12 (2 tanks and arta per team), the fight was a close-range between me and my teammate against an enemy tank with a td ally in the back.

Scenario 1. (which happened): I shot at the enemy too fast (he was one shot), I missed his weak spot, he lives, tracks my ally and the enemy td kills him (FV4005). We are a tank down. We lose.

Scenario 2. (which should have happened): I shoot, kill enemy, my ally retreats (doesn't get tracked). We are tank up. We win.

Was it bad luck? No, cause I made a mistake not taking care I don't fluff the shot which would most certainly make that game a win. I finish that evening clearly knowing what was the battle/moment of the day.

And situations similar to this, the ones that turn around the events are numerous, most certain to happen to you at least ones in 20 battles. They are not always obvious, not need to be a shot at all.

Recognizing them and taking care of them properly is what differs a good from a bad player. 

OohSpicy #49 Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27668 battles

View PostRockyRoller, on 04 February 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

Even a donkey would understand that tanks in this game are not equal, people are. Total potato would have difficulty to win against good player in worse tank, while good player in good tank would devour bad player in bad tank. And if tanks are equal, good player usually wins.

Lets take Counter Strike in comparison, in "pro" vs bad. Pro plays only with USP and bad plays only with M4.. I would still bet a lot of money for good player to win. Because, you know, like tanks in WOT, those guns are not equal in CS..

IF someone is willingly wanting to have bad WR, he would play weak stock tanks with 50% crew and come to forum telling he only loses because he uses sh!tty tanks.

Edited by OohSpicy, 04 February 2020 - 02:41 PM.

will0hlep #50 Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12244 battles
  • [TD_UK] TD_UK

View PostBora_BOOM, on 04 February 2020 - 02:39 PM, said:

I will add an example to what I have said about having that one battle out of 10 that you need to turn into a win.

The result was 12:12 (2 tanks and arta per team), the fight was a close-range between me and my teammate against an enemy tank with a td ally in the back.

Scenario 1. (which happened): I shot at the enemy too fast (he was one shot), I missed his weak spot, he lives, tracks my ally and the enemy td kills him (FV4005). We are a tank down. We lose.

Scenario 2. (which should have happened): I shoot, kill enemy, my ally retreats (doesn't get tracked). We are tank up. We win.

Was it bad luck? No, cause I made a mistake not taking care I don't fluff the shot which would most certainly make that game a win. I finish that evening clearly knowing what was the battle/moment of the day.

And situations similar to this, the ones that turn around the events are numerous, most certain to happen to you at least ones in 20 battles. They are not always obvious, not need to be a shot at all.

Recognizing them and taking care of them properly is what differs a good from a bad player. 

This is a good example, well explained

Bora_BOOM #51 Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31206 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostRockyRoller, on 04 February 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

It's not the tanks that are winning the battles. Sure, they are good tanks that WILL help to increase one's win rate. A question tho: what is the skill level of the players owning those (OP) tanks? Damn high, isn’t it?

If the tank stat is what defines the wins (which isn't the case ofc) how would you explain that there are players that have high win rates in completely regular or even bad tanks?

What do you think would happen if you would have 279e? Would you have 60% wr?

Rati_Festa #52 Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51397 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Following on from Bora's example. I have another scenario that happened yesterday on Highway.

I'm in the 112 and we have only 1 med in the team... he decides to go to the city. We have 3 TDs defending the base and an arty.

The enemy team had lighter faster tanks than my team. The city was an easy win... would the enemy just go brawl in the city with paper tanks?

The vast majority of players in the 112 would just go to the city, I decided to stay back help the TDs ( especially with the med leaving them with no pseudo scout ). Before I know it, I'm fighting a Progetto, an amx 15 100, 2 super hellcats and a Skorp G on the edge of our base, our TDs are all spotted and taking fire. I'm basically blocking a very quick win for the enemy. I take a few shots, but hold them off, my ally TD's regroup we eventually hold them. Rest of team win city... we win.

I only did 1k dmg... but I got my win :)

If I had just gone to the city it would have been a bad loss. Better players make better decisions more frequently.

Bora_BOOM #53 Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31206 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostSIPU, on 04 February 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

Generally the idea is OK-ish, but I would like to argue a few things. Dmg vs your own healthpool? It depends a lot on a type of vehicle you are driving. Light tank can have a huge impact without firing a single shell. Many times it is better to wait than to shoot. More damage than health on the other hand is a must with TD and arty. Heavy tanks are somewhere in the middle. Some are designed for soaking up enemy damage instead of sniping from afar.

Second thing is nobody can win alone. Maybe sometimes, but never alone every time. Especially on higher tiers as the exceptionally high WR players tend to infest low tiers.

Regarding OP question how to get better? I would say by experimenting and watching streams of good players. I had long break and still learning a lot by making huge numbers of mistakes.

Some examples:

1. Driving to places where I cannot survive alone. 

2. Overcommitting with light tanks. Going to spot when someone pings or rages instead of thinking yourself. All they want is to get one shot into enemy tank. They do not care if you die and loose spotter for the rest of the game.

3. Going too far into flank without adequate support.

4. Trusting your team members to make right decisions and support when needed. Again people are selfish and often do not see the big picture.

Yeah, I did not go into details, that was just as you said an OK-ish concept of explaining how consistent personal contribution (labeled with an overall amazing stats) show that you will win more if you perform well.

If I would like to represent differently what I have meant, here is an approximate guess (based on the expected values for the tank):

In order to turn t34-85 win rate from:

a) avg (yellow) to good (green) you need to double the damage from like 300 to 600. So, its like 2 shots to get from 50% to 55% (roughly speaking)

b) good (green) to great (purple) you need to double the dmg from 600 to 1200. It is double again - but this time is 4 more shots from 55% to 60% (roughly speaking).

No linearity here, it's almost exponential. From 50% to 60% win rate one is expected to do 3x more (roughly speaking).

Yes, the damage is not all, as you said yourself (spotter role is different) but the conclusion stays in general - do damage and you will win more.

Doing 2x or 3x more damage compared to your own HP will make you win more. Let us not fool ourselves, it needs to be a "good dmg", early preferably, not the farming one being last alive.

Yes, people can win by good spotting, being a threat at a flank, or simply only soaking dmg that would otherwise harm allies. But being able to do that requires a lot of experience and is hard to explain so I jumped straight into damage dealing. Heck, I myself have recent stats floating at 57% and my damage output (read WN8) is not following the wins. But I do something right and explaining it would be an endeavor. Kek.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 04 February 2020 - 04:09 PM.

jabster #54 Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12822 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostRati_Festa, on 04 February 2020 - 02:47 PM, said:

Following on from Bora's example. I have another scenario that happened yesterday on Highway.

I'm in the 112 and we have only 1 med in the team... he decides to go to the city. We have 3 TDs defending the base and an arty.

The enemy team had lighter faster tanks than my team. The city was an easy win... would the enemy just go brawl in the city with paper tanks?

The vast majority of players in the 112 would just go to the city, I decided to stay back help the TDs ( especially with the med leaving them with no pseudo scout ). Before I know it, I'm fighting a Progetto, an amx 15 100, 2 super hellcats and a Skorp G on the edge of our base, our TDs are all spotted and taking fire. I'm basically blocking a very quick win for the enemy. I take a few shots, but hold them off, my ally TD's regroup we eventually hold them. Rest of team win city... we win.

I only did 1k dmg... but I got my win :)

If I had just gone to the city it would have been a bad loss. Better players make better decisions more frequently.

I actually don’t understand why people don’t get this. Good players win more because they make better choices as to what to do.

Neno #55 Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 47787 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostBora_BOOM, on 04 February 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

It's not the tanks that are winning the battles. Sure, they are good tanks that WILL help to increase one's win rate. A question tho: what is the skill level of the players owning those (OP) tanks? Damn high, isn’t it?

If the tank stat is what defines the wins (which isn't the case ofc) how would you explain that there are players that have high win rates in completely regular or even bad tanks?

What do you think would happen if you would have 279e? Would you have 60% wr?

He is like that for 40k battles.. you think you can change his mind with one post ??? - good luck with that !!!

If he wants to believe it's always team fault that his battles survived is 25% on avg and the team is driving HIS tank and that's why he is not even doing his HP pool of the tank, then just let him be... move on !!!

You can spend your time better than arguing with 500WN8 player - it's not worth your time or effort -

You are a smart pleb, you can platoon with good players and enrich your gaming experience and have a blast while doing it, and not trying to prove a point with a player that constantly denies it and blaming the team for his ignorance/incompetence of not even TRYING to understand the BASIC of the game...

@all

and YES, WR is a rough indicator of player impact on the outcome of the battle - how and what is the explanation ??

Just look at DezGames, Mailand, Skill4Ltu ( RU server ) or whoever else made a "rerroll" acc for one or other purpose.. all of them have over 60% or overall win rate on their acc, I just wonder why !?!?!?

hmm.. what can it be.. maybe they can read minimap, maybe upon reading minimap, they can position their tank to have a bigger impact on the game ?? hmm...

example...

If you are in a tank and you have let's say you see YOLO Oneshot autoloader tanks approaching YOUR team that are one shot and he can kill let's say 3 of your tanks ( your team is let's say looking at other stuff, trying to prevent other tanks to approach etc..etc...), and you stop him by killing him or just when he spots you he is scared and the surprise attack didn't go as he was thinking so he is aborting the attack ?- so question for you is... do you think your action did impact on the outcome of that or not ???

Saving HP is not going to help you if he kills your 3 tanks - it's simple why... 1HP tank and FULL HP tank can still shoot and make DMG, dead tanks cant.. - more guns in the game - more % to win the outcome of the battle... 

( p.s. this was just an example... )

@Rocky

Give respect to get respect !!!

if you push others, they will push back, as in here... people are trying to improve their gaming experience and trying to get tips on how to have more impact on the outcome of the game, and you are trying to ignore all the facts and telling everyone, hey, it's RNG, I will camp in the base with my tank and drink coffee if my team wins - yeeeey, if not... ah.. team is shi*...

- your personal impact on the game as I can see from your stats - 25% battles survived, not even doing OWN HP of DMG - what do you expect a Fuckin* PLASMA TV for a WR ?? :teethhappy:

I guess - relocate, advance, overcome - are words you have  NEVER seen or you are too lazy to move around the map?? 

@all that want to improve...

WG on their youtube did a great series of basic game mechanics - start there, try to understand how does spotting work, how does penetration work, try to learn weak spots... etc...

then head over to Twitch and watch our great WG CC and try to learn positions on the map and how to advance and how to read minimap... 

p.s and most important have fun  !!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Neno, 04 February 2020 - 04:21 PM.

SlyMeerkat #56 Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:09 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19462 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
The way teams are and player skill has been lately, with it dropping further and further into laziness to learn, effort and improve but just yolo or camp, i find myself focusing more and more on just getting dmg out rather than wins because that way, i find myself caring less about wins therefore not tilting as much, as long as i know i did my best and got the dmg out, its all good

Edited by SlyMeerkat, 04 February 2020 - 04:11 PM.

Private_Miros #57 Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27156 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

yung_xD (or kolni on WoTLabs) often posts replays of playing sessions, where you can see the kind of alien consistency he gets dealing with the same bad teams as the rest of us:

https://forum.wotlab...le/13181-kolni/

Miepie #58 Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5745 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRati_Festa, on 04 February 2020 - 03:47 PM, said:

Better players make better decisions more frequently.

The decision to play a 112? :D:D

Spoiler

Long_Range_Sniper #59 Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 39935 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Hello everyone :)

This may seem like a stupid question and maybe I'll be crucified for this but here I go:

Why are players still evaluating other players/tanks by their winrate alone?

Dont get me wrong: winrate is a stat you can't overlook when evaluating a player's or a tank's performance

BUT as far as I know, World of Tanks is a team-based game. Is there any sort of magic that allows players to consistently win games even when they are 1 vs 15?

Remove all the RNG, MM, AFK, maps, teams and every other variable and what's left is you. That's why it's maybe more useful to not focus on your actual winrate, but look at where that winrate places you in terms of the whole player population.

Image result for xvm percentiles"

You still have to contextualise for tanks and tiers, but if you want a rule of thumb that gives you an indication of how you help your teams to win then it's better than the rest.

gitgud_cannot #60 Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33222 battles
overall account winrate yes, single tank winrate no. i have quite a few with which no matter i do, i just cant win more than 50% of my battles, obj 260 is prime example for me :D

Also tagged with player, tank, winrate, evaluation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users