• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Bertuhan #1 Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38752 battles
  • [XPLOD] XPLOD

Hi,

I'm into skinning tanks, and most of the work goes into identifying parts of the tank on the 2d texture, since those are just a labyrinth of all the little edges. I mean, finding the big parts is not hard, it's those little details which are frustrating to find. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of tool to for example highlight corresponding parts on the 2d texture when you point them out on a 3d model? Is there anyone who is tech-savy enough to make such a tool? I'm sure skinners everywhere would love to have such a tool to spare them a lot of time in the skinning process.

Let me know what you think.

Bertuhan

MrEdweird #2 Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• 23702 battles
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-

You're looking for an UV unwrapper, which is available in any 3D modelling software such as 3DS Max, Maya and Blender.

This is an example of the Centurion AX's lamp and where the vertices are located on the texture.

Or you can simply google "UV unwrapper" and there's stuff out there that will do the job, which is probably what you want to do if you don't plan on using design software.

Can't name any specific ones since I make this sort of stuff and I just use the built-in editors. There's also more advanced software like Substance Painter that will make things much easier for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users