how to tell which crew member has a "skill" ?

0 skill special crew crew reward female crew

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Tha_Truth #1 Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:10 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 78812 battles
  • [E-VO] E-VO

how to tell which crew member has a special "0 skill" ?

female and santa crew are obvious, but there are crew members with special "0 skill", which means the first (1st) skill/perk, is already given, need-not be trained.

With the 2nd skill/perk acting as the first one, regarding xp training.

is there any way to tell which of them are those special crew members and which are the regular ones?  

i started adding the altered crew tag/photo to the new specials.  but i couldnt see if i am replacing special crew with special crew, which ofcourse is something i would want to avoid.

so, is there a way to discern?

Can we see which ones are the special crew? i didnt read or see anything different compare to regular crew.

if there is no difference i hope wargaming will add a way to see the difference.

Edited by Tha_Truth, 05 February 2020 - 05:11 AM.

Mr_Deo #2 Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 46033 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostTha_Truth, on 05 February 2020 - 04:10 AM, said:

how to tell which crew member has a special "0 skill" ?

female and santa crew are obvious, but there are crew members with special "0 skill", which means the first (1st) skill/perk, is already given, need-not be trained.

With the 2nd skill/perk acting as the first one, regarding xp training.

is there any way to tell which of them are those special crew members and which are the regular ones?  

i started adding the altered crew tag/photo to the new specials.  but i couldnt see if i am replacing special crew with special crew, which ofcourse is something i would want to avoid.

so, is there a way to discern?

Can we see which ones are the special crew? i didnt read or see anything different compare to regular crew.

if there is no difference i hope wargaming will add a way to see the difference.

There's no quick and easy way to tell.  I have been hoping a modder would tackle the barracks for a while now as it is quite poor.  Going to reset your crew skills is the only way you can tell, you don't need to reset, but when you go to reset then you can see what will be left afterwards.  Also if a mixed crew shows that the accelerated bonus is going to a crew member that has a skill or perk count higher than the rest of the crew that means they have a 0th skill/perk.

There was only one modder who used to do the mods that covered crew, but I think WG Banned his mods as "cheating" (tho they incorporated the features into normal game play soon after lol)

Edited by Mr_Deo, 05 February 2020 - 05:31 AM.

Spurtung #3 Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:28 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 78631 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

There are two ways, one is more annoying.

0-skill BiA will show when you hover your mouse over the perk's icon for its description. A whole separate line saying "this skill cannot be reset" or something like that (can't really tell because the game is currently down).

Others (like 6th sense from twitch commanders) you'll have to do a dry run on resetting the crew member's skills. On top it will show how many it has, something like 2x100% + 47% which is their "real" experience, while they'll show as having 3 completed skills and another at 47%.

Edit:

I got some screenshots. Seems like they've changed the 0-skill 6th sense description since I last checked, so that's alright.

Spoiler

but, either way, for the worst case scenario, a dry run on the skill reset will show it

Spoiler

Edited by Spurtung, 05 February 2020 - 08:46 AM.

DaddysLittlePrincess #4 Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30641 battles
  • [GHS] GHS
There's a mod "crew exp extended" or something. It puts little icon next to the 0-skill crew member's face. Sry, can't post a screenshot as I don't use the mod anymore.

Tealo #5 Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46033 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostMr_Deo, on 05 February 2020 - 04:24 AM, said:

There's no quick and easy way to tell.  I have been hoping a modder would tackle the barracks for a while now as it is quite poor.  Going to reset your crew skills is the only way you can tell, you don't need to reset, but when you go to reset then you can see what will be left afterwards.  Also if a mixed crew shows that the accelerated bonus is going to a crew member that has a skill or perk count higher than the rest of the crew that means they have a 0th skill/perk.

There was only one modder who used to do the mods that covered crew, but I think WG Banned his mods as "cheating" (tho they incorporated the features into normal game play soon after lol)

there is a mod that will tell you if a crew is special ‘zero’ crew the extend garage mod it’s in Aslains mod pack and i think it’s on Old Skools mod as well, gives a little badge for it, on the crew member when they are crewed in a tank.. 

It’s one of the few things that I miss since going completely vanilla no mods, but you can load it up find the special crews easier, make a change using skins etc..

Edited by Tealo, 05 February 2020 - 08:48 AM.

Jamadeus #6 Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22746 battles
  • [LOC-A] LOC-A

Please WG, can we have this in the client?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:43 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36328 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
This is probably the one thing the crew skins WG added in a while ago come in useful for. Once you've worked out which of your crews are special you can give them a custom skin to tag them for future.

Jamadeus #8 Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22746 battles
  • [LOC-A] LOC-A

Posted in the suggestions thread fwiw.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/641894-wot-suggestions-thread/page__st__2700__pid__17593408#entry17593408

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users