Simple question WG why we must have 3x Artillery per game? For what it is good ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

TyraelSVK #1 Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23014 battles

Hello WG 

Can somebody competent from WG say us, for what is good to have 3x Artillery per game? Esp. in T10 battles (like more as 60% of the games), it isnt fun, it doesn't give better gameplay. People are forced to camp even more, because they don't want to get hit every 10 sec with stuns. It makes the game only WORSE. 

Why WG does not make a ,,garage vote,, so they can see the real opinion of the players ? 

Does WG really care about what players want?

Here's an example of what it actually looks like

Edited by TyraelSVK, 05 February 2020 - 09:19 AM.

evilchaosmonkey #2 Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18491 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

The question perhaps that you should ask is do you trust the playerbase not to camp in bushes, red line camp or camp behind rocks for the entirety of the game without arty?

I don't, but perhaps the majority of players do.

...and no, that's not trying to defend too much this very relaxing class to play, low skill bar, high reward / low risk tank class..

What I can say is that having now played a number of games in higher tier arty (having been a hater), it can indeed help prevent camping if played correctly, serve as the turning point tank in a game and come to the rescue of players in distress.

Most of the time though, you are forced to focus on tanks that expose themselves at the front of the battle - just to get some damage.

edit:  is 3 arty per game too many, yes it is.  When I'm in those games in arty, I spend the first 5 mins hunting down their arty to make it more like 3 arty on our side and 1 on theirs.

Now for the mods to lock the thread.....

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 05 February 2020 - 09:36 AM.

So_So_English #3 Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10455 battles
probably because the owners are bored of running the game and want to go beach so by making every battle toxic the game will die and they can retire

Edited by F2PEXP, 05 February 2020 - 09:47 AM.

Bora_BOOM #4 Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 30483 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

I personally think removing arta would be best for the game, but that is not going to happen. If I would be WG one of the tests I would run would be:

1. Remove t9 and t10 arta altogether for random battles.

2. Limit to 2 per battle.

3. Make them have different MM: T8 would fight 8,9&10, T7 would fight 7,8&9 and so on. That is -2/0 aye?

That way you would still have a class to play, t8 artas would be for mission (lower the requirements a bit if needed), they would be some kind of support if heavy tanks dig in (although as we all know this is usually not what arta deals with). Damage rolls would be bearable, arta role would be assistance (stun) and slowly chop off dmg. Doing 2k dmg at tier 9 with 4 missed shots is too much. I will not mention halving HP of a single tank or killing it dead.

INB4 "moved to arta section."

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 05 February 2020 - 09:49 AM.

BlackBloodBandit #5 Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9036 battles

lol "worst".. XD he didn't even play active most of the time. He has no right to complain, unlike his teammates that died because of playing active.

Funny that people come up with the usual stuff in chat: 11:32 "If they removed artillery this game would become enjoyable and stop dying" :teethhappy: then it would show even more how lame tank destroyers are, because you can't spot them when they camp redline in their STRV's etc. but destroy your tank before you're even close enough to outspot them with decent view range. When finally someone of your team is close enough to spot him, you find out he was only 30m away from you.. :facepalm:

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 05 February 2020 - 10:18 AM.

ProfessionalGoldSpammer #6 Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40094 battles
  • [VNOMS] VNOMS

It would be great if WG remove arta from the game.

I believe it will make the game more dynamic and enjoyable.

I know a lot of players will stop playing because they can only play arta, but they won't be missed.

So here you go WG, some food for thought.

So_So_English #7 Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10455 battles

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 05 February 2020 - 10:16 AM, said:

lol "worst".. XD he didn't even play active most of the time. He has no right to complain, unlike his teammates that died because of playing active.

Funny that people come up with the usual stuff in chat: 11:32 "If they removed artillery this game would become enjoyable and stop dying" :teethhappy: then it would show even more how lame tank destroyers are, because you can't spot them when they camp redline in their STRV's etc. but destroy your tank before you're even close enough to outspot them with decent view range. When finally someone of your team is close enough to spot him, you find out he was only 30m away from you.. :facepalm:

So you think arty is there because it balances bad game mechanics?

09:24 Added after 2 minute

View PostProfessionalGoldSpammer, on 05 February 2020 - 10:21 AM, said:

It would be great if WG remove arta from the game.

I believe it will make the game more dynamic and enjoyable.

I know a lot of players will stop playing because they can only play arta, but they won't be missed.

So here you go WG, some food for thought.

I expect even WG know arty is bad for the game but they just cannot be bothered anymore

Edited by F2PEXP, 05 February 2020 - 10:25 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:28 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35855 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
If you get 3 arty in some games it means you can have no arty in others. Careful what you wish for asking WG to limit it to 2 because it'll mean less games where you have 1 or none.

So_So_English #9 Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:40 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10455 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 05 February 2020 - 10:28 AM, said:

If you get 3 arty in some games it means you can have no arty in others. Careful what you wish for asking WG to limit it to 2 because it'll mean less games where you have 1 or none.

cant remember a no arty game so your argument may not stack up

been 2 arty some games and 3 arty all the rest all day

BlackBloodBandit #10 Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9036 battles

View PostF2PEXP, on 05 February 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:

So you think arty is there because it balances bad game mechanics?

Never said that

WhoCares01 #11 Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26012 battles

View PostF2PEXP, on 05 February 2020 - 10:40 AM, said:

cant remember a no arty game so your argument may not stack up

been 2 arty some games and 3 arty all the rest all day

And yet he's right, now and then we have no-farty battles. And as such, we actually know how such battles play out, no need for fancy MM experiments as suggested by someone above.

tajj7 #12 Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29084 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 05 February 2020 - 09:16 AM, said:

He didn't play actively because its pointless to play actively in a 3 arty game. He's played thousands upon thousands of games of WOTs, that experience teaches you that playing actively in a 3 arty a side game is pointless and will do nothing but frustrate you. 

In a 3 arty a side game, 6 people are playing the game and 24 other people are just basically there not playing and suffering. 

Your second comment is classic 'Whataboutism' and is a logical fallacy. Firstly camping tank destroyers are not impact by arty because arty rarely shoots something that is not spotted so arty presence in a game with a lot of camping TDs only makes things worse because those people trying to spot those TDs get crapped on by arty. 

Secondly, whilst I agree we currently have a meta with a lot of TDs being benefited by OP base camping spots that are very hard to counter and should not give such players such an easy game and such strong positions when they haven't earned them, that is a separate problem with TDs and in particular map design, it is present in the game with arty, and arty does nothing to solve it (and as said above only makes it worse) so removing arty is not linked to that problem, and that problem should also be fixed regardless.

It's like saying why bother curing cancer when loads of people will still die of heart disease.  

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 05 February 2020 - 09:28 AM, said:

No arty games are so rare.

Arty should be limited to one per side and removed from other game modes like Frontline, Ranked etc. I think that would massively improve player experience for most players. 

We'd lost a few hardcore arty players but they are a small minority and I think any players you lost would be more than compensated by players tempted to return to the game with the promise of less arty ruining their experience. 

ValkyrionX_TV #13 Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:08 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56025 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

I fully agree that currently the games with 3 SPGs per team, so for a total of 6 in the match is a problem that can no longer be ignored and that the WG must limit the SPGs to one per team, a maximum of two per game.

Anyway I close the Thread, for any discussion about the SPGs refer to this Thread: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/649198-the-big-spg-discussion-thread/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users