• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Sael_ #1 Posted 05 February 2020 - 02:17 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 1868 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

Hello tankers,

Please report here any feedback concerning any other change coming with Update 1.8.

Thank you!

SlyMeerkat #2 Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19071 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Soon see once it goes live, i dont do TC

gerrit1946 #3 Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32160 battles
  • [6PACK] 6PACK
The latest update of Frontline... and no more info...What is the latest update then??

Edited by gerrit1946, 06 February 2020 - 08:50 PM.

ToodlePips #4 Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65053 battles
  • [LKSB] LKSB

"Improved maneuverability of wheeled vehicles when driving in reverse"

So the wheeled tanks receive a buff. Yeah, that makes sense.

Except it doesn't.

In case the word has not reached you guys: Wheeled tanks are doing very well already, especially in higher Tiers. More importantly, they are utterly despised by a large part of the player base (actually, probably a very solid majority though I cannot support that claim with numbers). But instead of doing to reduce the toxicity of these pests, you are ... actually buffing them even further?!

You guys are tone-deaf.

Edited by ToodlePips, 06 February 2020 - 09:43 PM.

ZDN #5 Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28007 battles
  • [ONIX] ONIX

Improved maneuverability of wheeled vehicles when driving in reverse"

THX Serios ebr in city/narrow roads cant turn easy and not hit the rocks/flip over , or be all over the place and cant turn it fast or easy so i like this.

los_lobo #6 Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 39829 battles
  • [BO-OB] BO-OB
Give us an in-game clock. It should not be that hard, and while you are at it, implement auto equipment and crew transfer form vehicle to vehicle. If modders can do it, it's should not be a problem for you crusty lot.

Donutdude #7 Posted 10 February 2020 - 05:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8903 battles
  • [STHLD] STHLD

Change to premium rounds - Jagdpanzer E100

I've played a round in my Jagdpanzer E100 and noticed the following changes:

• AP round: 982-1638 avg. damage.
  • HEAT round: 787-1313 avg. damage (currently the AP round damage figures on the Production environment.)

This small change to the damage will not be enough to dissuade the vast amount of Special rounds being fired going forward.  A more substantial change will be required, particularly at tier 10.

Please listen to your community Wargaming.

69EXODUS69 #8 Posted 10 February 2020 - 07:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7232 battles
  • [T_DS] T_DS
about nex sandbox,future shell balance for FV 4005 AND 215B 183 shoud not be affected they are one of a kind tanks that live for that HE pen WG dont srew this one up

LuiGi_MesTer #9 Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16181 battles
  • [M-P-Z] M-P-Z
Hi. I Wish they would make a new map in the siege of historically authentic Budapest ! 

XSeanDuncanX #10 Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2119 battles

I bought both the M41 90mm and the HWK 30 in the premium shop. My purchase decision was based on the strength of the tanks even against other lights. The reason for his strength is the possibility to fire HEP ammunition with a 102mm penetration. 

Now I get to know that in the future the HEP ammunition of these tanks will not have any puncture. From my point of view as a buyer of these premium vehicles this is not acceptable at all, because they are so annoyed by this that the vehicles actually get a completely different character.

It is also in no way understandable that this nerve is not supposed to apply to the KV-2 tanks!

xAntipopex #11 Posted 12 February 2020 - 08:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14740 battles
what happens with the tanks you are going to remove from the tech tree if I have them researched but not purchased?

OMGitzHC123 #12 Posted 12 February 2020 - 08:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1172 battles

when i try to start the common test it says that i cant connect, are the servers down? 

mndmtx #13 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17023 battles
  • [LIBYA] LIBYA

Ideas for WOT another way to balance the game

- making +1 and +2 machmaking games more resonable/playable: by making premium ammo cheaper for the lower tiers
after resupplying at the end of the match, and for tanks in +2 games maybe added also atleast like 20% more HP
 during those games to make less 1 shotable and 2 shotable tanks.

meaning the prem ammo isn't cheaper when you're top tier, and the lower tiers will get more HP only during the game when they're bottom tier.

tier 10 and 9 should be the least affected except they will get attacked more often with prem ammo.

it could be nice in this case to have two setups for ammo. one when top tier and another when bottom tier.

and from the company point of view: this requires almost no real changes for game balance  since only the poor souls are getting buffed.

and for the lost costs of the cheaper ammo I think it could balance itself out by itself if the number are right; because if almost all the players are going to start using the cheaper prem ammo so overall it could be the same as it is now or even better. plus the fun factor could increase for both the lower and higher tier players instead of pushing all the players to tier 10 why not make all tiers more playable and profitable for the company.   

thepuma2012 #14 Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31177 battles

View PostOMGitzHC123, on 12 February 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

when i try to start the common test it says that i cant connect, are the servers down? 

Can we see somewhere if and when the server is life?

Kriztallkungen #15 Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 762 battles

This is a review of the upcoming balance update

Bad changes

-wheeled wehicles buff

why? Becuasethey were already fast and manuverable, they also have some special new features which makes them better.

-special ammo gets reduced damage

Because it can lead to people just shooting more special ammo to do the same amount of damage.

Good changes

-HE nerf

Because the one shots  which guns over 150mm could do was only fun for a very few number of players. More players will benefit from this change, for example light armored vehicle players.

-HP buff for low tier vehicles

Becasue matches, at least on the eu server, has been ending way too quickly. With one little mistake making it difficult to get back into the gameplay and be effective.

-Revising tech trees

Because they are now more clear and the structure is better. Premium vehicles get their own department. Collectors vehicles makes it easier to get those vehicles which are collectible, though I do not really see the point of collectors vehicles other than to tidy up the tech tree.

*The other changes are not necessary to speak of, because they just exist becuase other changes were made.

What can further improve the game

-limit amount of special shells in vehicles

Skip changing the parameters of special shells and just limit the amount you can carry in a single vehicle, and therefore in a single game. To say 10-20% of max ammo capacity. People will then be more conservative and only fire when they absolutely must.

-Balance more of the vehicles that actually need balancing

More and more vehicles gets added to the game and they are almost always overpowered, then it takes a couple of years until they get nerfed. Then they get nerfed too much and become obsolete. I also think that many older vehicles recieve far to little love. For example is-4, ferdinand which is just worse than jagdpanther , t-32, m 46 patton and the list goes on.

-Listen more to the community

Trust me the community knows what is best for the game, and do not only listen to the super unicums who go on the test servers that do not experience the same struggles as the free to play- player. Listen to everybody on social media like youtube, forums etc. Also wargaming, keep your promisies if you want to keep the trust of the community. For example the "alien tank" was a beta player collectible tank until you sold it as a buffed premium tank. The community does not forget your promises.

-Stop focusing on adding a bunch of op premium tanks

I know wargaming is a giant company that needs to make money but in the long run you will actually make more money if more people are satisfied with the game. If matches were balanced and grinding was not so boring and frustrating. People would start purchasing gold, premium time or premium tanks. Even if the premium tanks weren't op. We liked, or at least i did like the times more when the premium version of a tank was slightly worse than the standard tech tree version. It did not matter becuase you always earned more xp, credits and you could also train crew. It all started with the defender, tanks like progetto 46, or obj 279 (not premium but anyways), e 25 or lefh. 

-make low tier grinding less tedious

tier 1-3 is pretty easy because you get through them very quickly but 4-6 is just tedious because you always have stock guns with 3 sec aiming time and 0.4 accuracy or -30 pen below average. The lightly armored tanks arn't even fast, they should be faster if they weigh less. Give them better engine!  Also side note, modules like guns, there aren't many options. Often there are 2 guns, 1 that sucks and one that don't. Make more options avaliable. Make 4 guns, 3 that are playable and one that is worse(starter gun).

-Remove artillery and do something about wheeled vehicles.

Artillery has been frustrating for everybody. The arty player thinks artillery is underpowered and the tank players think that they are overpowered. Arty gameplay is boring and it is frustrating getting focused by artillery(the stunning is the worst part). Nobody likes arty because it does no good for the game. It doesn't even stop camping, it promotes camping, which is the only thought to be valid excuse to keep them in the game. About Wheeled vehicles, the are too good, just nerf them and it's done.

Wargaming, I know this has been difficult with so many players being disappointed but I think we can together, the community and the developers, change the game. For the better. I have played the game since 2011 and frankly I am addicted. The good parts about wot are just amazing but the bad parts can also be very disappointing. It is a very good game but it needs to be better balanced.

sebastianflorentin #16 Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36578 battles
  • [AC-RO] AC-RO
That's all of the update 1.8 ? I say that is not enough change some other characteristics of other vehicles make them better .

OldTriumph #17 Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27349 battles
  • [666TH] 666TH

Have any of you played the FV215b .. Hesh dosent seem as effective  886 max damage  ?

finnaly managed to do 1800 on Strv 103B

Edited by OldTriumph, 14 February 2020 - 04:53 AM.

OSBTrebek #18 Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13308 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I'm taking part in the sandbox testing and want to ask where I can submit my feedback questionnaire as mentioned in the article? I would ask in the associated thread but some careless individual locked that for some reason.

DroneStrike #19 Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25910 battles

Very difficult to give anything constructive with so many EBR s running around.

Szemi_G #20 Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 72462 battles
  • [RA-AG] RA-AG

View PostOMGitzHC123, on 12 February 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

Edited by Szemi_G, 15 February 2020 - 11:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users