• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Sael_ #1 Posted 05 February 2020 - 02:17 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 1868 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

Hello tankers,

Please report here any feedback concerning Daily Missions.

Thank you!

SlyMeerkat #2 Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19071 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
I like what i see here

Agility_Squirrel #3 Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15397 battles
  • [CIRC2] CIRC2

I most certainly do not like what I see. I like the current Reward for Merit-system as it's a passive bonus that I don't have to worry about in any way. There are no set requirements, no annoying artificial hurdles, and hoops I need to jump just to get a few consumables, maybe a little extra credits or a couple of blueprints. On a regular day, I play maybe an hour (before losing my mind due to RNG/arty/map related shenanigans), and then every once in a while I may spend a long time grinding credits, for example. But thanks to the RfM I feel like that hour wasn't for nothing, as it feels nice to feel like I got something out of the session.

The new system sounds exactly the opposite. It's transparently trying to make people spend longer times playing for the few items we get in RfM, but now we need to do "quests" for them. In other words, time-consuming missions with the usual annoying and arbitrary requirements that the player has tacked on to the end of every post-battle screen. It's a really transparent attempt of taking a working system and changing it just to "increase participation and activity levels", when it's really just busy work that is neither needed not welcome.

I know I'm waffling but in an attempt to summarize: the current Reward for Merit is a good system that rewards players regardless of their daily time commitment, and can make a player that had a row of bad games as if they still got something out of the day. The new "quests" are the opposite of that, as no matter how low the possible requirements for the missions might be and are in all essentiality yet another grind that would be frustrating and time consuming if the player wishes to attain the same level of rewards as until now. So, please don't implement this new system, and keep the old one. It's one of the truly good examples I know of the infamous loot box mechanics, and I think the way it is currently implemented is exactly how it should be. Again please, just leave it alone.

Igel_2 #4 Posted 06 February 2020 - 11:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12551 battles
  • [GR-W2] GR-W2

I am pretty sure this will be a straight downgrade and I am pretty sad about it. Rewards for Merit work, wether you are playing a lot or you're a weekend warrior. The description of the rewards also sounds like downgrading. Unless you scale it up a lot, there's gonna be a heap of negative feelings. This is a part of the game nobody dislikes, and it is changed. I get why you want to encourage regular activity, but this isn't a mobile game.

What's the worst part is that me or anybody writing this will not change what's coming.

Adding this next to RfM, cool. Scrap RfM, d move.

MortimerPL #5 Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 40800 battles
  • [_CHS_] _CHS_

I'm not sure, because I didnt see this, but there are two options

Daily missions - after completing the basic missions we will get the special one, and that's all. - this is a very bad idea and I definitely dont like it

Daily missions - if they will work in a cycle like Reward for Merit (3 basic missions, special mission for an extra prize, and the cycle repeats) that could be nice. Watching the teaser I saw that missions are very easy and there is no need to pay special attention (just playing the game as usual). However exchanging the current system which can provide multiple prizes in a weekend session for a chain of simply missions like premium missions looks bad. Please dont do this. 

Edited by MortimerPL, 07 February 2020 - 11:59 AM.

Bertuhan #6 Posted 08 February 2020 - 05:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38733 battles
  • [XPLOD] XPLOD

I don't like that you are limited to 3 (4 with the bonus quest) quests per day. With rewards for merit, you could keep playing and you knew every so often you would get rewarded for playing. Now you don't have that extra incentive. I am the kind of player who doesn't play every day, but who can grind long hours EG when I get a day of premium and happen to have a day off work. The new system will basically cut off my extra rewards after a game of 3-5, where as now I may drop 10 rewards on the one active day. It's shifting focus from rewarding just playing to playing daily, and I do not like that, you have enough stuff like tankrewards that rewards playing regularly.

It's not like I think the quest system wouldn't work, it's just that I think after completing the bonus quest, you should get new quests without limits per day. I do like that you put bond rewards in it, but same thing: with the daily cut off it will take so many days to get to the 45 point treshold and a small reward at the end which does not give me the incentive to play, where as now I often check where I am on the RfM to see when I have a new shot at blueprints (cause those for me are a real incentive to play a lot).

*edit: I also don't like the fact free experience and credits were added to the drop pool. Those are rewards nobody is waiting for. What people really want are the bonds, blueprints and demount kits. Again, this wouldn't be a problem if you were not limited to one drop chance per day, because rewards for merit were the only place to reliably get your blueprints and demount kits and now their drop chance is being reduced massively (with 1/ daily limits and 2/ extra drop ike free exp and credits that are easily grindable in game). Seeing that most of the feedback here contains the same elements, I really hope you will listen to it this time.

Edited by Bertuhan, 08 February 2020 - 05:28 AM.

sokolicc #7 Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33842 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

Are those daily missions giving us free camo net, binos, coated optica sometimes etc? If not then straight nerf.
Also, it was clear when you are getting reward.
When you see that lock is being damaged - you knew it was close. And it was funny to expect blueprints every battle.
Now you're taking out small enjoyment, waiting for sometjing which will come for sure, just don't know when.
It's nice to wait something you know it will come. :)

But in a way i'm happy since you will slow the grind a bit.

People needs to take their time to tier 10s.

Can you utilise properly new players who will rush to tier 10, get dissapointed and then leave? Or make them learn and have fun in that process and make them stay and spend money?

So, slowing down the grind surely is good thing.

Edited by sokolicc, 08 February 2020 - 10:11 AM.

Aqks87 #8 Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19707 battles
i like the curent rewards for merit but if you want you can give us misions two . :) but plese do not chahange rewards for merit

xidex #9 Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 37909 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View Postsokolicc, on 08 February 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

Are those daily missions giving us free camo net, binos, coated optica sometimes etc? If not then straight nerf.
Also, it was clear when you are getting reward.
When you see that lock is being damaged - you knew it was close. And it was funny to expect blueprints every battle.
Now you're taking out small enjoyment, waiting for sometjing which will come for sure, just don't know when.
It's nice to wait something you know it will come. :)

But in a way i'm happy since you will slow the grind a bit.

People needs to take their time to tier 10s.

Can you utilise properly new players who will rush to tier 10, get dissapointed and then leave? Or make them learn and have fun in that process and make them stay and spend money?

So, slowing down the grind surely is good thing.

View PostAqks87, on 08 February 2020 - 10:21 PM, said:

i like the curent rewards for merit but if you want you can give us misions two . :) but plese do not chahange rewards for merit

Clueless ducks who cannot read apparently. Let me explain it clearly to you:

1. WG wants to replace Reward for merit with this new system
  2. With current system you can get rewards during both short and long term session because it resets after you complete it and cycle repeats
  3. New system offers you 3 missions with a bonus one after that and that's it, so when having a long gaming session this system will reward you MUCH less then the current one
  4. Rewards seems to be lesser/inferior to the current system because you are getting less per mission and missions are limited
  5. Final reward can become a frustration and not a joy because if all you want is to get 1 day of prem. acc. you need to complete 45 daily mission - this will take more than 11 days, and since RNG is a bi.t.ch you may not receive it end up being frustrated over and over again.

Edited by xidex, 09 February 2020 - 10:28 AM.

ZDN #10 Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28007 battles
  • [ONIX] ONIX
So i can get only 5 blueprints in 13 hours! Now in the curent system i can get 1,2 or 3 or even 4 blueprints and i can get 5 rewards or more per day if i play 20-30+ battles. So no thx the old system is ok.Or give the new system a 4-5 hour reset time and after you can get again 5 blueprints.Like this 10 per day is ok if you play and invest the time in the game.

feies_vlad #11 Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13426 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
Even tho you can see what you get from the missions the rewards seem crappier. Looks like the crew skins, the 20k and 100k xp crew books, and equipm will be gone from these rewards which is a shame. ALSO, with the current one dosen't matter if you have prem acc or not you still get the merit boxes the same way, with the new mission if you wanna complete that 45 mission progression it takes way more without prem acc. So yeah, imo the new system is worse and the rewards are way less...

ZDN #12 Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28007 battles
  • [ONIX] ONIX

Plus the equipment you can get now.So the new system it is a nerf and a lost in the end.

No equipment

No crew books

No crew skins

Only 5 blueprints

Fail!

Karabash15 #13 Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15164 battles
  • [430U] 430U
Yo Wargaming! This is a nice change! I like it!

sokolicc #14 Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33842 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
People, everything that is slowing grind down is good thing.
We have already too many clueless players on high tiers...

Ancybot #15 Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22622 battles
  • [GHS] GHS
Old Reward for Merit is much better. I have no idea who complained that he doesnt know for what he gets rewards (as you stated on video)

Dont like daily missions idea, dont like rewards, dont like the way it works. Old reward for merit is the way to go

Edited by Ancybot, 15 February 2020 - 09:04 AM.

Sp4rkly #16 Posted 16 February 2020 - 07:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8211 battles
  • [00-24] 00-24

I didn't like old Reward for Merit because you couldn't know when the lock will break. But it was for free so ok...
This change is so much better! You also get rewards (even better then in earlier version, and you can change them with the change of the mission) and you know exactly when you will get them and what to do so you can get them! 

Thanks WG for such a great change and let whiners cry for no reason :great:

Ancybot #17 Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22622 battles
  • [GHS] GHS

View PostSp4rkly, on 16 February 2020 - 07:26 PM, said:

This change is so much better! You also get rewards (even better then in earlier version, and you can change them with the change of the mission)

1. You get less rewards - only 4 daily, which is joke if you are active player
2. You get worse rewards - no binos or camo nets that you can sell It was huge credit boost, you also get much less schemes to unlock tanks

And these are 2 reasons WG is trying to get rid of reward for merit

Well. Reward for Merit is better, eot

Edited by Ancybot, 17 February 2020 - 09:44 AM.

MrLovelyHat #18 Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8619 battles
  • [S052] S052

I like the idea of daily missions. Giving more purpose to players who might have no more tanks they want to unlock and otherwise are just grinding marks of excellence is great.

I don't like the idea of losing Rewards for Merit. That system is good. It's a pleasant surprise when you receive a reward.

Sp4rkly #19 Posted 17 February 2020 - 04:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8211 battles
  • [00-24] 00-24

View PostAncybot, on 17 February 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

1. You get less rewards - only 4 daily, which is joke if you are active player
2. You get worse rewards - no binos or camo nets that you can sell It was huge credit boost, you also get much less schemes to unlock tanks
And these are 2 reasons WG is trying to get rid of reward for merit
Well. Reward for Merit is better, eot

1. 4 per day, which you can get by finishing some missions in an hour, is much more then you can get now for an hour. Who cares if it is worse for no lifers?

2. And what about BONDS? There were no bonds in Reward for Merit. Also, now you can get 200K credits sometimes for bonus mission... Camo or bino was rare in Reward for Merit, plus camo is also very very cheap to sell it. 

And the best thing will be that you KNOW you have to finish easy missions and you will GET rewards. With old Reward for Merit you could play for hours, be in top 5 in your team, win battles and get nothing because it is all RNG. Only players who think that they can't finish those daily missions or those who play WOT whole day will complain about this great change!

So, WG - thanks again. This is one of the best changes in the game! Looking forward to it! :)

Ancybot #20 Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22622 battles
  • [GHS] GHS
It wasnt rare, Now you get much more in general and more valuable prizes

Thankfully players on RU have same feeling as i do and as we know, eu doesnt mean anything in terms of decisions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users