Jump to content


Question about crew skills in British LT


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

xGyilkosx #1 Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18673 battles
  • 1,262
  • Member since:
    02-22-2012

In my crazy quest about having all TX (now grinding all the T VII) I started recently the setter, enjoying the amazing tank that is, his amazing fire power stock gun etc :harp:

 

Since I saw line is 3 men crew and then 2 crew, before doing something I regret, hope experienced players can tell me the right path of skills I should choose.

Thanks in advance :honoring:



NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:48 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 35855 battles
  • 5,451
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Do you have a couple girl crew you could put in there? Being only two crew means they have to learn a lot of skills that would otherwise be shared among others so a BIA crew from the start that learns that much faster would be beneficial.

As for the 3-2 crew mismatch, all I did that was borrow a gunner from another tank for a while instead of training up a crewmen then dropping him.

Skills wise is just the standard light tanks stuff. Maximise your viewrange and camo and anything after that is a bonus.

ihateclowns #3 Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:50 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36383 battles
  • 421
  • [TROP] TROP
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012
B.I.A , Camo, sixth sense, recon, situational awarness

8126Jakobsson #4 Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:51 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 83500 battles
  • 6,032
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

 

m'ladies

 

Have not really thought about how it will go when I cut one off 



WhoCares01 #5 Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26012 battles
  • 847
  • Member since:
    04-21-2015

Basically the same as for all other LTs, 6th sense, view range, camo, BiA. The rest is optional or many crew books away. For the driver the 4th might be clutch braking for some extra maneuverability or smooth ride, or offroad driving.

That also applies to the gunner on the 3-men tanks, camo + BiA. Just don't give him a loader skill/perk, and you can transfer him to some other tank class if you don't need him anymore (= assuming you do not keep a 3-men LT). 

 

If you consider boosting with one crew book, go for a perk first, as those only get active when reaching the 100% - most important 6th sense. If you invest in 3 crew books, you can get 2 perks "unlocked", in that case BiA could be an option. Problem with that is, that with such a selection, it will take very long to get your view range and camo ratings up (camo directive might compensate for the latter one…;)

That's the point why 0-skill BiA (like from the lunar new year event) and female crew members (or Santa) are a great choice for such low crew count tanks - they already bring BiA and thus are able to learn the other skills a bit faster.



xGyilkosx #6 Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18673 battles
  • 1,262
  • Member since:
    02-22-2012

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 06 February 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

Do you have a couple girl crew you could put in there? Being only two crew means they have to learn a lot of skills that would otherwise be shared among others so a BIA crew from the start that learns that much faster would be beneficial.

As for the 3-2 crew mismatch, all I did that was borrow a gunner from another tank for a while instead of training up a crewmen then dropping him.

Skills wise is just the standard light tanks stuff. Maximise your viewrange and camo and anything after that is a bonus.

 

I think I alredy have used the ones I had but I will check

 

View PostWhoCares01, on 06 February 2020 - 12:56 PM, said:

Basically the same as for all other LTs, 6th sense, view range, camo, BiA. The rest is optional or many crew books away. For the driver the 4th might be clutch braking for some extra maneuverability or smooth ride, or offroad driving.

That also applies to the gunner on the 3-men tanks, camo + BiA. Just don't give him a loader skill/perk, and you can transfer him to some other tank class if you don't need him anymore (= assuming you do not keep a 3-men LT). 

 

If you consider boosting with one crew book, go for a perk first, as those only get active when reaching the 100% - most important 6th sense. If you invest in 3 crew books, you can get 2 perks "unlocked", in that case BiA could be an option. Problem with that is, that with such a selection, it will take very long to get your view range and camo ratings up (camo directive might compensate for the latter one…;)

That's the point why 0-skill BiA (like from the lunar new year event) and female crew members (or Santa) are a great choice for such low crew count tanks - they already bring BiA and thus are able to learn the other skills a bit faster.

 

In situations like that I usually in commander go for view range since, I think that 6 sense many times I would be dead anyway, so usually I like more to improve range of view first thing

 

Thanks for all the answers :great:


Edited by xGyilkosx, 06 February 2020 - 01:05 PM.


WhoCares01 #7 Posted 06 February 2020 - 01:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26012 battles
  • 847
  • Member since:
    04-21-2015

View PostxGyilkosx, on 06 February 2020 - 01:04 PM, said:

 

I think I alredy have used the ones I had but I will check

 

 

In situations like that I usually in commander go for view range since, I think that 6 sense many times I would be dead anyway, so usually I like more to improve range of view first thing

 

Thanks for all the answers :great:


That's somewhat true once you reached you passive spotting bush, but to get there and when active spotting 6th sense can be important to get an idea where their scout is hiding...



xGyilkosx #8 Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18673 battles
  • 1,262
  • Member since:
    02-22-2012

Seems your advices were good :great:, but still lot to learn, since I am not great player and light are for sure the ones I play worst. Also as I read sometimes seems setter is really bad compared to others. 

But with a bit luck it seems possible to do a decent battle 



SuNo_TeSLa #9 Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 54753 battles
  • 542
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostxGyilkosx, on 07 February 2020 - 06:50 PM, said:

Seems your advices were good :great:, but still lot to learn, since I am not great player and light are for sure the ones I play worst. Also as I read sometimes seems setter is really bad compared to others. 

But with a bit luck it seems possible to do a decent battle 

I'd say setter is better than the tier 8 and 9 at least :)



Spurtung #10 Posted 07 February 2020 - 06:55 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 77585 battles
  • 7,471
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013
I'd put a 2 0-skill santa as commander then regret having done so because the line is crap.

snowlywhite #11 Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:06 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27868 battles
  • 738
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

santas are best commander in the game. My last year one is 7 skills; in probably sub 1k battles.

 

you can't waste them on such a crap line...



Desyatnik_Pansy #12 Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:19 AM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19107 battles
  • 27,321
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostSuNo_TeSLa, on 07 February 2020 - 05:53 PM, said:

I'd say setter is better than the tier 8 and 9 at least :)

 

I actually quite enjoy the GSOR, the only major problem with it being:

-EBR 90s

-T49s (these guys especially, since they have this habit of yoloing into terrible situations just hoping to derp you)

 

Setter meanwhile just felt annoying and was my least favourite of the British lights. The LHMTV Was funny, but very bloody awkward to play with that elevation/depression and having the lowest weight (the number of times a single bloody fence basically stopped me! :deer:) and also has the EBR 75 And 432 To go up against. The only thing good about the Setter to me was the only really frightening tank is the 13 57.

 

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 06 February 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

 

m'ladies

 

Have not really thought about how it will go when I cut one off 

 

You don't have to think if you just don't play the Manticore. :trollface:

 

View Postsnowlywhite, on 08 February 2020 - 12:06 AM, said:

santas are best commander in the game. My last year one is 7 skills; in probably sub 1k battles.

 

you can't waste them on such a crap line...

 

Depends really where your other crews are at. Me, if I didn't already have a crew that I threw over into the Lights I probably would put a female crew in there just because I don't really care about where else they could go in my tech trees and I don't really need them to replace any other crews either, so putting them into a new line I'd grind would be the best option. I actually have a female crew member from Chimera missions just sitting in my barracks right now, for like a month, because I just don't know where the hell to place her. :teethhappy:



snowlywhite #13 Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:47 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27868 battles
  • 738
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

I know what you're saying as I think I have 13(?) unrecruited special crew members. But supposedly this year we get another 2 new lines and a 2 free skills commander is always great on something that has both recon and sa on the commander.

 

I'd definitely put 2 females if I'd grind brit lights. And probably use the personal training manuals since they have the biggest impact on 2 men crews. But wouldn't have the heart to waste a 2 free skills recruit on such a junk line.



Gruff_ #14 Posted 08 February 2020 - 04:23 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24326 battles
  • 1,675
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
6th sense, camo, and steal ammo from your foe to make up for the low initial ammo loadouts.

Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 08 February 2020 - 04:37 AM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19107 battles
  • 27,321
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostGruff_, on 08 February 2020 - 03:23 AM, said:

6th sense, camo, and steal ammo from your foe to make up for the low initial ammo loadouts.

 

:teethhappy:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users