What is wrong when getting one side teams all the time

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Harald_Hirmuinen #1 Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1151 battles

I started play this game but now I have noticed something strange going on. I cant understand how I can get only one side teams or campers teams which loose all the time so easy battles??? I look my win rate and its dropping all the time. Today 12 battles 10 of them one side and campers teams and al lost about in 5 min. Is this normal or what??? I have tryed to say them pls no one side teams, but still..

evilchaosmonkey #2 Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18491 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

A fair number of people are reporting this.  Seems to be unusual quantity of win and loss streaks going on, started for me late December and it's gone on ever since.

It is depressing to say the least - games are won or lost now in first two to three minutes given the number of tanks lost..

Meta seems seriously different for me now, people going all over the place on maps.

Seriously thought about the uninstall almost everyday for the last few weeks.

WOT just doesn't appear to be for me anymore.

edit:  only other thing I spotted (though may always have been like this) is that both teams have large numbers of <48% win rate players on them, so balanced at least.....but still utter balls.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 06 February 2020 - 06:24 PM.

ilmavarvas #3 Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20216 battles
  • [PR-22] PR-22

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 06 February 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

A fair number of people are reporting this.  Seems to be unusual quantity of win and loss streaks going on, started for me late December and it's gone on ever since.

It is depressing to say the least - games are won or lost now in first two to three minutes given the number of tanks lost..

Meta seems seriously different for me now, people going all over the place on maps.

Seriously thought about the uninstall almost everyday for the last few weeks.

WOT just doesn't appear to be for me anymore.

edit:  only other thing I spotted (though may always have been like this) is that both teams have large numbers of <48% win rate players on them, so balanced at least.....but still utter balls.

Been noticing same, utterly imbalanced teams - even by WOT standards. Main thing seems to be that either team loses like 1-3 players under 2 minutes from start, if it's your team, you know that you're going to lose. Also noticing huge amount of critical hits lately, shots that should pen easily are crits, no matter AP / APCR / HEAT. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:31 PM

Bartender

• 19107 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

The only constant in all battles is yourself. While you will get good sessions and bad sessions, the stats will eventually even out based on your own performance. I apologise if it comes off as rude, but let me try to dissect some of your performance to try to give you an idea of what is happening. Let's just take a look at your Cromwell, your most played vehicle. In 60 Battles you average only 215 Damage, which is just below 2 Shots average with either of the 75mm guns or about 3 With the 6-pdrs (which I feel most of the average is based on). You don't receive a lot of assistance damage (152) either, and on average receive 602 Damage (and from your survival rate we can just your tank is destroyed in most of your battles). Effectively, you are very rarely doing your own tank's worth in battle.

From this alone I can say you die doing too little to really affect most of your games positively. If your tank is top tier as well, this is especially bad for your team. Now again I'm not trying to just statshame you or anything here (feel like I have to make that clear) and you are probably still grinding modules on the tank, but hopefully you can understand a bit from this why you might lose frequently when you aren't doing much to contribute to the battle. In a way, your team is already playing at a disadvantage and then you add in other players who don't contribute much to the battle and it generates a snowball effect while also unfortunately putting a lot more work for the other players to try to make up. It's harsh to say, but it's really the best way I can think of putting it and I think it's important to acknowledge this early on. This isn't something you are entirely at fault for; stock grinds can significantly inhibit your ability to contribute, you may get a bad match-up for your tank (top tier solo vs. something like an 85M As an example) or you might just be bottom tier where it's much harder to contribute, especially as a newer player; so try not to take it too badly (I'm sorry that I'm not making it sound any better though).

Some advice for you is to try to look at what you're doing in each battle. Don't just end a battle and jump into the next one. If you died doing only one or two shots of damage, reflect on it for a bit. What could you have done differently in that game? Enabling replays and viewing them after a session can help you think of what to do in a similar game in the future. There should be plenty of YouTube guides out there, or forumites willing to platoon to help out (you have to have an open mind going into it though, since kinda like this post it can be a bit harsh to just be told what you did wrong). Don't rush the tiers, you'll only feel it hit harder at the higher tiers when you get a ton of losses back-to-back. 

The only other thing worth adding is, if you think you are getting really screwed over by teams for the day, try switching servers or just stop playing for the day in general. Some sessions just go incredibly poorly and even as a 60% Player I've had sessions well below 50% Now and again. Well, I feel bad about all of that a bit, so here's a cat:

Spoiler

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:32 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35855 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

If you think your games are unfairly stacked against you there is a handy tool you can use to analyse your replay files to confirm if that is true.

http://forum.worldof...s-about-the-mm/

Let us know if you find anything, but fair warning, nobody in the last 10 years has ever been able to show anything unusual. 

Balc0ra #6 Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75702 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

On lower tiers. Anything can happen, and most are not that good to begin with.

But as your most played tank is a tier 6 that you only seem to get 2 shots in pr game. You either die too early, or too late doing nothing. Even if the team all goes the same way, you won't do better by holding that side of the map alone. If you don't want to fight what's coming. Don't stay. Won't increase your chances of winning by you holding back 8 guns with 1 to do 1 shot of damage. And if they all camp base. Give them something to shoot at...by spotting. Cromwell is not a bad passive scout if needed. And the more damage your campers do before they are all spotted the better. You won't always win then either. But it's better then hiding at the back, or dying doing less then nothing alone.

Robbie_T #7 Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21520 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostHarald_Hirmuinen, on 06 February 2020 - 06:07 PM, said:

I started play this game but now I have noticed something strange going on. I cant understand how I can get only one side teams or campers teams which loose all the time so easy battles??? I look my win rate and its dropping all the time. Today 12 battles 10 of them one side and campers teams and al lost about in 5 min. Is this normal or what??? I have tryed to say them pls no one side teams, but still..

Had the same yesterday

Bm is on so a lot of Tomatoes are credit grinding.

Sometimes its not the team just a few individuals who lose you your game.

Suiciding LT dead in the first 20 seconds (if its your only LT your team is in a disadvantage)

There LT if he  any good spots some tanks 1 or 2 die ........and you 3 tanks behind.

Than you have always a loser who thinks a 0-3 let me die....

4 tanks gone and than if the rest of the team is good you can come back to a clse victory or loss.

If the rest of the team is trash also bye bye game screwed.

Or today i saw a clip of mighty jingles where a T57 and a Wz 111 BB blew the game for there team .

By camping on the backline whole game.

And t 57  threw the match on purpose.

Have 2 of those in your team and  its bye bye.(and it always happends when you botttom tier)

This BS started in 2019 and will continue forwards....

Also it makes harder to get good medals....

its getting rushed and lose ....

or steam roll and win and if ya had a slow tank  you end up with almost nothing.

teh things that created this problem are

-xp boosting

-bonds (ruins tier 10 with tomatoes grinding bonds in there fast researched tanks)

-Lt changes (change it back to LT always bottom tier)

-You tubers ....they themselfs do it nicely....but you got to many players that see a You tuber perform good on a certain point of the map.

But the tomatoes camp the whole game there (with completly differnt class of tank)

-promoting LT and meds.....I see a lot of beginning players going down Lt lines....and they should not....i think you should start with Lt's if you have 10k battles experience.

Adn with the changes made to LT people now think there main job is to do dmg.

How many times i played my heavy on a open map and we come to the point some  tds are digged in....they think i am gonna drive my slow heavy to spot for the LT....yeah right (meds also)

Mediums a lot of beginning players take mediums ...also not that good for a beginner...

Most of them camping the whole game liek skill says sniper snitzels ...taking paper td spots......because you ahve that 55+kmh to beat the paper td to there spot....................

meds are most times flankers or support not whole game long snipers!(maybe some)

Lately you see games where the medium LT side is completly open becuase the meds and LT are in td spots or heavy spots.....(and offcourse wont give them up)

And that 1 Med or LT that wanted to go to forrest (med side) wont go(offcourse) or go's and get destroyed by 4 enemies that went to the good side.

And yesterday was even worse had a chat ban.....(probberly told some senstive 43% 20k battles tomatoe the truth)

So sometimes you can ask for help or guide a another player or give them confidence that they can take that enemy ...

Well with the chat ban you can only watch how some just blew the game......

Harald_Hirmuinen #8 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1151 battles
Yesterday I was so currious that I count babtles which I play and result was 43 pieces. Only 10 of them I was in winning team. Rest was campers and one isde teams and all lost. This is not game which was advertise everywhere. Just horibble mess. Now win rate less than 43%.
This just doesn't make sense that so many games are lost in one day, for example. I count that 23% of matches result was won. 77% of them LOST! :confused:

Private_Miros #9 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26272 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostRobbie_T, on 07 February 2020 - 03:28 AM, said:

Lately you see games where the medium LT side is completly open becuase the meds and LT are in td spots or heavy spots.....(and offcourse wont give them up)

And that 1 Med or LT that wanted to go to forrest (med side) wont go(offcourse) or go's and get destroyed by 4 enemies that went to the good side.

And yesterday was even worse had a chat ban.....(probberly told some senstive 43% 20k battles tomatoe the truth)...

A few things here.

There is no such things as "X class" spots. You should adapt to the run of the game. And if no one takes a side, it's that one tanks that goes there alone and without a direct firing line from allies towards his location that is the tomato, not the tanks that didn't go there.

With 17% survival rate, I'd say you aren't exactly placed - if anyone is - to shout at bad players. First go shout at yourself a bit to stop suiciding.

I had a bad streak myself the last few days, but I also simply played badly. But in general bad and average players are fine with me. Everyone is allowed to play. As a good player your should adapt to their actions, and ust make sure that you aren't to blame for the loss. Without the bad or average players, you'd not be good either. You'd be average yourself.

Edited by Private_Miros, 07 February 2020 - 10:24 AM.

ilmavarvas #10 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20216 battles
  • [PR-22] PR-22

View PostHarald_Hirmuinen, on 07 February 2020 - 10:12 AM, said:

Yesterday I was so currious that I count babtles which I play and result was 43 pieces. Only 10 of them I was in winning team. Rest was campers and one isde teams and all lost. This is not game which was advertise everywhere. Just horibble mess. Now win rate less than 43%.
This just doesn't make sense that so many games are lost in one day, for example. I count that 23% of matches result was won. 77% of them LOST! :confused:

Check your inbox :) 

BQBD #11 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:25 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17384 battles

This week has been horrible for me, just horrible. 

past 7 days...win rate of 46% with 2k WN8.....

Yesterday was by far the worse experience I had in a LONG, Looooooooooong time, 54 battles 17 wins and a wooping 31.46% winrate :arta:

Was mostly playing Lansen C....and WG in game statistic showed 1.7k dpg and a WG rating of 9.5k

Most of the games we won...I had to pull like 3.5k+ dmg and 3+ kills...it was either that or a steamroll win. And I am I just not good enough in this game to be pulling that kind of performance consistently...every game #feelsbad

shikaka9 #12 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 74926 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
your attitude of mind is wrong :teethhappy: it is normal gameplay, give up and join the rest 

Edited by shikaka9, 07 February 2020 - 10:30 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:31 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35855 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostHarald_Hirmuinen, on 07 February 2020 - 10:12 AM, said:

What are you doing in your games tho? Are you playing in a way that is likely to help you win or are you playing in a way that is likely to help you lose?

Unless you yourself are doing at least your own hitpoints worth in either direct damage or spotting then you should not be expecting to win games.

Captain_Kremen0 #14 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39622 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

Have a look how many "fire for effect" achievements you have compared to number of battles. This will tell you how many games you being competitive in. 

If it's quite low, like mine then the problem is YOU not the MM or anyone else.

gitgud_cannot #15 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32701 battles
i wish i could answer that, i would like to know when should i play my obj 260, so i can get above 50% wr with it... :D

pecopad #16 Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30501 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 07 February 2020 - 10:52 AM, said:

Have a look how many "fire for effect" achievements you have compared to number of battles. This will tell you how many games you being competitive in. 

If it's quite low, like mine then the problem is YOU not the MM or anyone else.

That's one of the biggest miss conceptions of the game. The fact that you can influence a game by carrying it and playing exceptionally well, does not mean that you will lose because you play bad.

The influence of a bad player in the outcome of the battle is far less important than the influence of a good player.

And yes losing streaks are a thing here in WoT which is a very strong sign that MM isn't random (yes its possible to have streaks, but just not probable)  and that is something producing the results, only thing we have to know if its a bug or if its working has intended.

Edited by pecopad, 07 February 2020 - 11:15 AM.

WaffleTiger #17 Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 44647 battles
  • [5REST] 5REST

View PostHarald_Hirmuinen, on 06 February 2020 - 05:07 PM, said:

Watch some Skill4LTU and start ragemanaging, then you will win more but most importantly have more fun :) It's about perspective.

Private_Miros #18 Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26272 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postpecopad, on 07 February 2020 - 10:13 AM, said:

That's one of the biggest miss conceptions of the game. The fact that you can influence a game by carrying it and playing exceptionally well, does not mean that you will lose because you play bad.

The influence of a bad player in the outcome of the battle is far less important than the influence of a good player.

And yes losing streaks are a thing here in WoT which is a very strong sign that MM isn't random (yes its possible to have streaks, but just not probable)  and that is something producing the results, only thing we have to know if its a bug or if its working has intended.

It's actually very easy to negatively effect the rsult of your team by suiciding, not dealing damage and making the wrong decisions, just as it is to positively influence the battle by staying alive, dealing damage and making the right decisions.

Streaks are inherent to randomness, and actually the biggest evidence that the MM is in fact random. The absense of streaks would be the evidence of a rigged MM.

If you had 10 losses and you are a perfectly average player, what is the probability according to you in a random MM that your next game is a loss as well?

Rati_Festa #19 Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51219 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postpecopad, on 07 February 2020 - 11:13 AM, said:

Contradicts himself in a single post.

States good players wins more matches... but bad players can't affect matches... but then the MM isn't random. Which means he originally thinks good players generally get better teams and bad players get generally worse teams ( which is true as the good or bad single constant player affects the match he enters )....but then decides its all nonsense. LoL.

Losing streaks are probable if you are bad at the game......

Edited by Rati_Festa, 07 February 2020 - 11:26 AM.

Richthoffen #20 Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:29 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31571 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

less then 400 battles and struggling at tier 6, tier 10 is not the ultimate goal, this is a tank game but tanks are not invulnerable as you might expect.

drop down 2-3 tiers, get a better knowledge for the maps, train your crews a bit, grind some money and get some equipment try not to charge head first into battle observe more and try to make decisions on where you can do most good for the team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users