• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

LethalWalou #21 Posted 09 February 2020 - 06:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34847 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostMajor_cjs, on 09 February 2020 - 05:25 PM, said:

oh wow, when you look at this replay with your client, do you see the tank then? 
He is clearly visible on my client. 

Then it's an issue caused by the hitskin mod.

Major_cjs #22 Posted 09 February 2020 - 06:59 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3945 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLethalWalou, on 09 February 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

Well, that begs the question, Do OP never see Type 4 heavies

Desyatnik_Pansy #23 Posted 09 February 2020 - 07:01 PM

Bartender

• 19208 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostLethalWalou, on 09 February 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

As a modder that does actually confuse me a bit. If it's purely skins (texture edits) I'm not sure it really should cause such issues. However if it uses some edits to the vehicle scripts it definitely can, as IIRC Incorrect IDs (for customisation stuff like emblems and stuff) can cause it to happen, and here's an example of an older remodel clearly causing a tank to fail to load in-game (works in garage tho to my memory, but this was a month or so back):

Spoiler

LethalWalou #24 Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34847 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 09 February 2020 - 06:01 PM, said:

As a modder that does actually confuse me a bit. If it's purely skins (texture edits) I'm not sure it really should cause such issues. However if it uses some edits to the vehicle scripts it definitely can, as IIRC Incorrect IDs (for customisation stuff like emblems and stuff) can cause it to happen, and here's an example of an older remodel clearly causing a tank to fail to load in-game (works in garage tho to my memory, but this was a month or so back):

Spoiler

Yeah I don't know pretty much anything about modding. It was my conclusion tho that it would be the hit skin mod. Reason was because the mod alters the enemy vehicles. Your skin mods are just for your vehicle right? It doesn't make all the same tanks in the match have the same skin as you.

Desyatnik_Pansy #25 Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:10 PM

Bartender

• 19208 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostLethalWalou, on 09 February 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

Yeah I don't know pretty much anything about modding. It was my conclusion tho that it would be the hit skin mod. Reason was because the mod alters the enemy vehicles. Your skin mods are just for your vehicle right? It doesn't make all the same tanks in the match have the same skin as you.

No, skins do affect all vehicles in the battle. You can make it so that's not the case with other mods such as UML (atleast with remodels, not sure about skins but logically it would also work), but I don't use such myself. 

CmdRatScabies #26 Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostLCpl_Jones, on 09 February 2020 - 06:18 PM, said:

that's hilarious, he is visible in the replay

Haha.  Dodgy hit skin mod.  

21:22 Added after 1 minute

View PostMajor_cjs, on 09 February 2020 - 06:59 PM, said:

Well, that begs the question, Do OP never see Type 4 heavies

He just thought no one plays then anymore.  :)

GodTank2 #27 Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10148 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

Skins dont just make vehicles disappear from both the game and the minimap.

I have had these mods for months and this has never happend to me before.

Here is replay with same mods.

_Signal_ #28 Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48034 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
get rid of the mods you'll find you have a lot less "bugs"

fisco77 #29 Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 79336 battles

View PostGodTank2, on 09 February 2020 - 10:23 PM, said:

Skins dont just make vehicles disappear from both the game and the minimap.

I have had these mods for months and this has never happend to me before.

Here is replay with same mods.

So if this is the replay, how did you record the video in the first post?

GodTank2 #30 Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10148 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

View Postfisco77, on 11 February 2020 - 12:39 AM, said:

So if this is the replay, how did you record the video in the first post?

Nvidia Shadowplay.

CmdRatScabies #31 Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:06 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostGodTank2, on 10 February 2020 - 11:50 PM, said:

Nvidia Shadowplay.

You use Shadowplay to record entire gaming sessions and also have replays switched on?  Why not just use Shadowplay on the replays?

LCpl_Jones #32 Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14111 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 11 February 2020 - 12:06 AM, said:

You use Shadowplay to record entire gaming sessions and also have replays switched on?  Why not just use Shadowplay on the replays?

you can just save x minutes of gameplay by hitting a hotkey, say pressing F12 will save the previous 2 minutes of gameplay

pretty good for catching random good stuff without needing to record hours of gameplay or rewatching replays to catch it

_Maginot40 #33 Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1757 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 08 February 2020 - 02:14 AM, said:

Probably this. That hit skin mod looks just horrible. I thought it was a 2k13 thing.

It is also illegal to use. So the OP aint the brightest coming here asking about stuff with that on.

CmdRatScabies #34 Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Post_Maginot40, on 11 February 2020 - 01:06 AM, said:

It is also illegal to use. So the OP aint the brightest coming here asking about stuff with that on.

Hit skin is ugly but it's completely legal.  

_Maginot40 #35 Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1757 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 11 February 2020 - 01:10 AM, said:

Hit skin is ugly but it's completely legal.  

No it is not. If it is also the one where dead tanks turn White it is super illegal. A few years ago they did a smackdown on people using these types of mods.

CmdRatScabies #36 Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Post_Maginot40, on 11 February 2020 - 01:17 AM, said:

No it is not. If it is also the one where dead tanks turn White it is super illegal. A few years ago they did a smackdown on people using these types of mods.

You're way out of date.

_Maginot40 #37 Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1757 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 11 February 2020 - 01:20 AM, said:

You're way out of date.

Then show me where WG say it is now legal. And did they unban the ones they banned?

TomatoShooter #38 Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1136 battles
AFAIK white death tanks are bannable, hit skins not.

Desyatnik_Pansy #39 Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:50 AM

Bartender

• 19208 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Post_Maginot40, on 11 February 2020 - 12:23 AM, said:

Then show me where WG say it is now legal. And did they unban the ones they banned?

I can't say I'm 100% Certain, but I do believe they are considered legal. The Fair Play Policy does not list them and frankly, they aren't really cheating if they're just telling you where to shoot as some 3rd party websites already do this and knowing where to shoot doesn't exactly mean it's going to actually damage the module. I don't support using them (or have ever used them myself, mostly because they are bloody ugly), but I am not aware that they are actually bannable.

On a similar subject though, I do believe the destroyed white vehicles is banned, as mentioned above by Tomato. From Google, a post dated 28th February 2015 (the page the poster links to where these were taken from however no longer works) lists:

Block Quote

No modifications shall be created which, according to Wargaming.net, bring undesirable changes to the gameplay of Wargaming.net Games. The list includes, but is not limited to:

1. Transparent textures on game objects penetrated by game armament.
  2. Replacement of game models with collision models.
  3. Explicit highlighting of game objects that may seem dangerous as non-hazardous (e.g., white textures on destroyed tanks).
  4. Any changes to auto-aim (e.g., leading targets, automatic targeting of vulnerable areas).
  5. Fixing for the player the position of the other players that are not visible by the rules of the game visibility (locking the position of the player that disappeared from sight on map by tracer flares, display of the name of an enemy player that inflicted a non-critical hit remaining out of sight, etc.).
  6. Fixing the destruction of destructible objects on the minimap.
  7. Camera which is not attached to the position of a player, a “free” camera, able to move in three dimensions, and the use of artillery mode for other types of vehicles.
  8. Using keyboard macros in game situations (e.g., automation of work of “manual fire extinguisher”, except for an automatic shot from a reloaded weapon).
  9. Indication of an aiming point of other players which is different from its visual representation based on the position of a standard, unmodified 3D vehicle model operated by the player.
  10. Full or partial automation sending a vehicle to battle, its operating and firing (use of bots).

I'm not sure that it is actively banned, despite being a modmaker and hilariously, a reskinner at one point (actively only my Christmas skins and in the past, historically-inspired tank skins such as Bronze Green British tanks or the original AFV Green used for the Polish vehicles when the 25TP Was first shown as well as smaller, more personal requests for people), I didn't really pay attention to much of the ban waves and such going around since I knew it didn't concern me, so I do hope someone who is well versed on the subject can confirm or correct me on that. They are still part of Aslain's modpack (as are hitskins); an approved mod on the Mod Hub; so I am definitely conflicted.

However I do believe it's considered illegal because unlike the hitskins which really only show you where to target a tank (in some cases these spots are known to people anyway), the white tanks makes it significantly easier for you to play around engagements with destroyed vehicles, since it's so much clearer what you're aiming at (I'm reminded of a game literally today where I missed a kill shot because it hit the barrel of a destroyed vehicle poking out of a bush that I could not make out from my position).

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 11 February 2020 - 02:57 AM.

jabster #40 Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12823 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 11 February 2020 - 01:50 AM, said:

I can't say I'm 100% Certain, but I do believe they are considered legal. The Fair Play Policy does not list them and frankly, they aren't really cheating if they're just telling you where to shoot as some 3rd party websites already do this and knowing where to shoot doesn't exactly mean it's going to actually damage the module. I don't support using them (or have ever used them myself, mostly because they are bloody ugly), but I am not aware that they are actually bannable.

On a similar subject though, I do believe the destroyed white vehicles is banned, as mentioned above by Tomato. From Google, a post dated 28th February 2015 (the page the poster links to where these were taken from however no longer works) lists:

I'm not sure that it is actively banned, despite being a modmaker and hilariously, a reskinner at one point (actively only my Christmas skins and in the past, historically-inspired tank skins such as Bronze Green British tanks or the original AFV Green used for the Polish vehicles when the 25TP Was first shown as well as smaller, more personal requests for people), I didn't really pay attention to much of the ban waves and such going around since I knew it didn't concern me, so I do hope someone who is well versed on the subject can confirm or correct me on that. They are still part of Aslain's modpack (as are hitskins); an approved mod on the Mod Hub; so I am definitely conflicted.

However I do believe it's considered illegal because unlike the hitskins which really only show you where to target a tank (in some cases these spots are known to people anyway), the white tanks makes it significantly easier for you to play around engagements with destroyed vehicles, since it's so much clearer what you're aiming at (I'm reminded of a game literally today where I missed a kill shot because it hit the barrel of a destroyed vehicle poking out of a bush that I could not make out from my position).

White dead tanks skins is a bit of a strange when as the link came from something like the third party developers “rules” but when WG EU posted a list of legal mods it was in the allowed list.

Also tagged with Bug, Game Breaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users