Learn to Play the IS-3-II

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:00 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Advance on your track along the double-barrelled gun line.

The full text of the news item

8126Jakobsson #2 Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:19 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 83267 battles
onoes I'm getting GLD triggered again hnnnnnnnngh

Steiner011 #3 Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44211 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

Noone in right mind would use GLD.

VStab, Optics, Vents.

Edited by Steiner011, 07 February 2020 - 08:59 AM.

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32004 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

Equipment. Bino's, Camo net, Enhanced Suspension. (For sniping since driving forwards is dangerous and gets shot! Suspension because I always hate when I don't see those drops and falling down those and dying is annoying!)

Skills. Camo, Signal boosting, Relaying 

Camo, Eagle Eye, Deadeye

Camo, Firefighting, I'm not sure yet but it doesn't matter you can just leave this skill blank there's nothing to be gained.

Camo, Intuition, Adrenaline Rush

(Again I feel building on your sniping skills is best here plus its nice to boost your signal so when I'm redline sniping I hate when I can't see what my teammates at the enemy cap are doing because I don't have enough range! The other skills I chose are just best too and I find the other skills not as good, useless actually)

When I'm sniping with my camo net and binos with my ST-l I can sometimes get annoyed because it's not very accurate for some reason but this tank has two guns so it's twice as accurate and usually at least one shot hits the target which is why it was given two guns obviously. The Russians obviously understood that their guns are not that accurate for sniping so they gave them two instead to compensate which is very clever.

No need to thank me, glad to help. It's taken me almost 32k battles to learn this game and I feel now this will shave some of that learning curve off for you guys that I can share some of that experience with you.

Spoiler

Edited by TungstenHitman, 07 February 2020 - 10:06 AM.

Miepie #5 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5335 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 07 February 2020 - 09:54 AM, said:

Camo, Intuition, Adrenaline Rush

Intuition before Adrenaline Rush, though? :amazed:

That said, I have been adding a lot of Deadeye to my good crews in vehicles with a low-alpha pewpew gun. :popcorn: 

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32004 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostMiepie, on 07 February 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

Intuition before Adrenaline Rush, though? :amazed:

That said, I have been adding a lot of Deadeye to my good crews in vehicles with a low-alpha pewpew gun. :popcorn: 

Well I would normally only shoot HE with this tank but sometimes when I finally decide to press the W key at the end of the battle after my bad team has all died I can accidentally press the 2 key instead of the w key and so I quickly need to change back to HE again. This skill gives me a 17% chance of that happening faster. I'd be a fool NOT to go with this skill first don't you think?

Spoiler

Edited by TungstenHitman, 07 February 2020 - 10:11 AM.

Miepie #7 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5335 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 07 February 2020 - 10:10 AM, said:

Well I would normally only shoot HE with this tank but sometimes when I finally decide to press the W key at the end of the battle after my bad team has all died I can accidentally press the 2 key instead of the w key and so I quickly need to change back to HE again. This skill gives me a 17% chance of that happening faster. I'd be a fool NOT to go with this skill first don't you think?

Meh; not my style. I remapped the W key to F12 so I don't accidentally move during a battle; that always messes up my aiming. It does have the side-effect of getting hit by arty way more often, so for me Adrenaline Rush is paramount to get off at least one shot per battle. :great: 

TungstenHitman #8 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32004 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostMiepie, on 07 February 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

Meh; not my style. I remapped the W key to F12 so I don't accidentally move during a battle; that always messes up my aiming. It does have the side-effect of getting hit by arty way more often, so for me Adrenaline Rush is paramount to get off at least one shot per battle. :great: 

Well I learned a long time ago that moving makes your gun accuracy really bad and it takes forever to aim again so I just let my team with more accurate guns go forwards and fight since their tanks are better at doing that obviously and I stay and guard the cap since nobody else usually bothers since they're not as experienced as me and don't have the foresight.

I understand they are not all as experienced as me though so I forgive them for this negligence since they're noobs and it takes time to learn how to play but sometimes they will win and that means I don't actually get to shoot at an enemy tank and I get a warning for being inactive by the game which is totally wrong obviously since I was clearly filling the most important role in the team and if the enemy tanks went to our cap wouldn't we have lost if I wasn't there to HE spam them from the bushes? Like this one time a light tank drove into our cap and I was there thankfully and almost shot him once before he killed me from full hp which bought enough time for my team to get back and win? Hello WG? This is just a game flaw though and I just ignore that warning.  

Edited by TungstenHitman, 07 February 2020 - 10:36 AM.

Miepie #9 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5335 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 07 February 2020 - 10:32 AM, said:

Well I learned a long time ago that moving makes your gun accuracy really bad and it takes forever to aim again so I just let my team with more accurate guns go forwards and fight since their tanks are better at doing that obviously and I stay and guard the cap since nobody else usually bothers since they're not as experienced as me and don't have the foresight.

I understand they are not all as experienced as me though so I forgive them for this negligence since they're noobs and it takes time to learn how to play but sometimes they will win and that means I don't actually get to shoot at an enemy tank and I get a warning for being inactive by the game which is totally wrong obviously since I was clearly filling the most important role in the team and if the enemy tanks went to our cap wouldn't we have lost if I wasn't there to HE spam them from the bushes? Like this one time a light tank drove into our cap and I was there thankfully and almost shot him once before he killed me from full hp which bought enough time for my team to get back and win? Hello WG? This is just a game flaw though and I just ignore that warning.  

Yeah, that's like firing the goalkeeper from your football team because he didn't score a goal... Mind you, they should introduce an xp and credits reward for pinging the map to let your teammates know what they should be doing and where.

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:48 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32004 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostMiepie, on 07 February 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

Yeah, that's like firing the goalkeeper from your football team because he didn't score a goal... Mind you, they should introduce an xp and credits reward for pinging the map to let your teammates know what they should be doing and where.

Totally. I mean everyone can't be the striker up front right? You always need a goalkeeper and that's the position I play during a battle, it's so unfair. Yes, map pinging should totally get xp and also count as activity which would then mean I don't get a warning for being inactive just because I didn't move during the battle since I was playing goal keeper for the team of noobs that just keep driving off and leaving the cap totally unguarded. I mean, who in their right minds would ever leave their base unguarded in real life?

Geeeees, I should actually get the MOST xp, not that careless yolo guy that drives into dangerous positions and nearly gets himself killed just so he can pad his stats shooting all the enemy tanks recklessly. Then when he dies he blames me even though he totally went there himself and it was so obvious there was going to be enemy tanks there. I should report him actually not the other way around, he got killed and is a dead noob while I now have to carry him AND myself. 

SlyMeerkat #11 Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:11 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19076 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Just me or there is so many poor players playing this thing and treating it like a TD just waiting to pull of double shots only instead of getting involved and playing it normally?

Edited by SlyMeerkat, 07 February 2020 - 11:11 AM.

Simona2k #12 Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 3447 battles
  • [FOXZA] FOXZA
good tutorial

TungstenHitman #13 Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32004 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 07 February 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

Just me or there is so many poor players playing this thing and treating it like a TD just waiting to pull of double shots only instead of getting involved and playing it normally?

I haven't seen much sniping with it tbh lol. What I have seen though is plenty players throwing their hp, tank and battles away trying to get that glory shot with a DB strike that clearly wasn't on and turning down much earlier and sensible single shot opportunities that suited the situation much better. Players want the memes more than the sensible play would be what I see happening with them more than any other form of bad play and I think you know what I mean by that.

There would be engagements where the DB tank can't see enough of the target he is fighting to engage a DB strike since the target player isn't stupid obviously but instead of just popping easy single shots into that target and trading, instead the DB tank player sits there taking punishment waiting for that tank to show enough to work a DB strike or else drives recklessly into a very exposed position ignoring all the other enemy tanks where he can get both barrels on the target, takes shots on the way in, takes shots on the way out most likely being killed and of course no guarantee both barrels will hit and pen the tank anyway but even if they do it's a lousy trade. That sort of dumb play.  

O_o_HugO #14 Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42140 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

how much do you charge for such tutorials WG?

I'll do it for half

8126Jakobsson #15 Posted 07 February 2020 - 01:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 83267 battles

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 07 February 2020 - 11:11 AM, said:

And can we blame it on the 20 following seconds in this video?   :bajan:

vuque #16 Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:53 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 19044 battles
  • [PNGS] PNGS
Thanks for your valuable feedback guys! :great:

Psticide #17 Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46082 battles

whatever u do, dont play this tank on a big screen, everytime u fire a single shell the whole screen shifts a few centimeters to the other side back and forth, making u motion sick ... How devs didnt notice this in the office is beyond me, just give the tank two aiming reticles and stop making me motion sick please thank u  ...  

vixu #18 Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:56 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46141 battles

View PostPsticide, on 17 February 2020 - 09:23 PM, said:

whatever u do, dont play this tank on a big screen, everytime u fire a single shell the whole screen shifts a few centimeters to the other side back and forth, making u motion sick ... How devs didnt notice this in the office is beyond me, just give the tank two aiming reticles and stop making me motion sick please thank u  ...  

Uhm... cause you starting to aim through a different gun. It might be intentional.

20:57 Added after 1 minute
IS-2-II feels like a pretty bad tank.

I hope IS-3-II will prove to be better.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users