• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

LZ_Mordan #1 Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19487 battles

Good job for bringing new players.

3 arties on each side..

Same horrible gameplay like 3 years ago on T10 with OP arties.

On T5

Bulldog_Drummond #2 Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34745 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 07 February 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

3 arties on each side..

On T5

I see that you take twice as many HE hits as I do.

Could that be a factor?

IntruderFI #3 Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52623 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 07 February 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

3 arties on each side..

On T5

What do you expect from money hungry [Edited] company like WG???

My advice, stop playing the game for at least 2 weeks until people get tired of playing those lefes.

Everyone knew this was going to happen, these god damn clowns are killing the game just to make a quick buck.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 07 February 2020 - 10:53 PM.
Let's try not to use that term in an insulting way.

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10510 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 07 February 2020 - 07:40 PM, said:

3 arties on each side..

On T5

Still better than when you started playing when you could have 15 arta per side.

Bulldog_Drummond #5 Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34745 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
I've just played 6 games at tier 5 and got hit once by arty for negligible damage.

Private_Miros #6 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27066 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

OP is a drama queen.

But I do feel that low tier arty is more devastating than 3 years ago. It certainly feels more accurate when they focus you, even if the damage is lower.

Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34745 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 07 February 2020 - 09:01 PM, said:

OP is a drama queen.

But I do feel that low tier arty is more devastating than 3 years ago. It certainly feels more accurate when they focus you, even if the damage is lower.

The people who complain about arty are the ones who get hit a lot by it, many times more than I ever am

They are the ones who refuse to use arty safe positions because they would rather chance arty kill zones in the hope of doing more damage, and say that spalls are a waste of time

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:52 PM

Bartender

• 19207 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 07 February 2020 - 09:26 PM, said:

The people who complain about arty are the ones who get hit a lot by it, many times more than I ever am

They are the ones who refuse to use arty safe positions because they would rather chance arty kill zones in the hope of doing more damage, and say that spalls are a waste of time

To be fair, spall liners are a waste on a good majority of tanks. The best spall liner is the Superheavy one, offering 50% Protection from HE Damage (that doesn't pen IIRC). The standard Heavy one protects for 30%, 25% For mediums and 20% For Lights; the latter two which, bar a "Heavy" Medium such as the M4A3E2, are very unpopular picks for those tanks for a reason. IMHO, the only two tanks in the game that spalls are genuinely viable for are the Type 4/5 Heavies. 

At Tier V The only tanks that would really work with it are like the O-I Exp. and KV-1 Or 220-2; the O-I Exp. getting a Superheavy Spall while the KV-1/220-2 Getting a standard Heavy one. With 53mm of HE Pen, the leFH (which I assume is the primary reason for this thread tbh because of selling last night) can pen the roof of all three tanks as well, offsetting the main reason to take the Spall in the first place. For the less-armoured Heavies or basically every Light/Medium/TD At the tier, the spall just won't do really a justifiable amount to equip it over Vents, Rammer or Optics.

Bulldog_Drummond #9 Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34745 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 07 February 2020 - 09:52 PM, said:

To be fair, spall liners are a waste on a good majority of tanks. The best spall liner is the Superheavy one, offering 50% Protection from HE Damage (that doesn't pen IIRC). The standard Heavy one protects for 30%, 25% For mediums and 20% For Lights; the latter two which, bar a "Heavy" Medium such as the M4A3E2, are very unpopular picks for those tanks for a reason. IMHO, the only two tanks in the game that spalls are genuinely viable for are the Type 4/5 Heavies. 

At Tier V The only tanks that would really work with it are like the O-I Exp. and KV-1 Or 220-2; the O-I Exp. getting a Superheavy Spall while the KV-1/220-2 Getting a standard Heavy one. With 53mm of HE Pen, the leFH (which I assume is the primary reason for this thread tbh because of selling last night) can pen the roof of all three tanks as well, offsetting the main reason to take the Spall in the first place. For the less-armoured Heavies or basically every Light/Medium/TD At the tier, the spall just won't do really a justifiable amount to equip it over Vents, Rammer or Optics.

But the LEF will need a very lucky shot to pen the roof of anything (try playing a LEF with AP ammo and see how you get on), so what we are talking about for this and most other arty is splash damage, where spalls will often help

Desyatnik_Pansy #10 Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:51 AM

Bartender

• 19207 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 07 February 2020 - 10:19 PM, said:

But the LEF will need a very lucky shot to pen the roof of anything (try playing a LEF with AP ammo and see how you get on), so what we are talking about for this and most other arty is splash damage, where spalls will often help

I didn't mention the AP Ammo, I mentioned the HE. At 53mm (unnerfed) pen on the HE, it's pretty damn effective at going through the turret/hull roof compared to the joint 38 On the Grille, M41 HMC And SU-122A, then the poor AMX 13 Gets 30 And the Bishop 28 (the Type 4/5 I mentioned have a whopping 75mm of roof armour over most of the tank at Tier IX/X, just think about how well armoured most Tier Vs are in comparison :ohmy:).  Also despite owning the leFH From last Christmas (I think), I'm not dirty enough to ever play the thing.:P

Regarding the splash, yeah they'll help for that but reducing purely the splash (and otherwise being worthless at really reducing the direct damage) isn't enough to justify it over other equipment, especially on those tanks where the effectiveness is even less. Vents offer a small boost to pretty much everything, Rammer is a given and reduces the reload and Optics bumps up your viewrange (which is pretty damn strong in mid tiers). There is basically no downside to these equipment and they are basically always effective, while the spall liner is really only effective when an arty fires at you and misses. We could go on and on and turn this into a discussion about how overly powerful those equipment are though, but that's not really the point of this thread is it.

However it's at this point that I realise I probably should've closed this already since it's just SPG Talk that's not in the SPG Thread (linked below), so I think I'll junk it. We can continue the discussion over there though if you want:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/649198-the-big-spg-discussion-thread/

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 08 February 2020 - 12:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users