• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

JimMorr #1 Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24931 battles
  • [T9A] T9A

Hi.

for a year I have been experiencing problem with game client suddenly stopping to respond (every 3-4 battles). In Windows processes client is marked as 'not responding'. I have no mods, game has been reinstalled a few times. I have contacted support and have been given advises to update my drivers. Well I updated all I could but the client fails still. I know at least one person who has exactly the same problem. It seems the problem does not appear in artillery 'god-view' but i can happen e.g. during initial counting.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / i5-2500T / Windows 7

I know that problem applies also to Windows 10 with different configuration. I tried lower  settings currently running 73 fps, ping 36ms

Pyton log seems to be clean just if app crashed before log can register the issue.

Is it a known issue? Any fixes?

ValkyrionX_TV #2 Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:56 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56925 battles

Your processor, the i5 2500 model you own , is a bad [and old] processor and is now totally useless for a decent gaming experience, 4 cores without multithreading are now processors that are disappearing from the market outclassed by cpus with at least 6 cores and twice the threads and obviously with more modern architectures.

Also being a poor processor now you are sure that you have a huge bottleneck on your nvidia 1060, the processor is too slow despite the frequency due to the obsolete architecture and therefore you do not make the most of your 1060.

The only thing you can do if you cannot change the motherboard , ram and cpu is to overclock the cpu and try to bring it to at least 3.6 - 3.8 Ghz for some benefit by slightly increasing the voltage via the bios / uefi of  your motherboard.

Obviously the oc should be done if you have a decent cooling system and a decetn chassis airflow and start from decent temperatures [without oc] , always based on the tdp of your processor, even a slight oc to the ram could help you but that is already more risky and I do not recommend it because you should adjust the voltages and the timings of the ram.

You have an excellent video card with a bad processor, did you assemble the pc?

Anyway we are in 2020, Microsoft's support for Windows 7 is now over , you should seriously switch to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

However, a 1060 with a decent processor should allow you to play WoT with the HD client in full detail with at least +90 FPS at 1080p , your GPU boottleneck is really evident.

You have to switch computers.

I strongly advise you to buy a ryzen 5 3600 and a B450 motherboard [msi or asrock] and  a3600/3200 mhz [at least 16GB] ram so that you can make the most of your 1060 and play without problems.

With less than 400 euros you would buy the cpu , the ram and the motherboard, you already have the video card, at most you can also buy a new power supply with 80 plus gold certification for about 60-70 euros [corsair or seasonic].

I can play and stream on twitch at the same time WoT and many other games with my ryzen 3600 and I can play almost 144 fps [on m144hz monitor] seen the monstrous oc that holds my nitro rx570.

Thread moved to the Tech Corner section.

ValkyrionX_TV #3 Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56925 battles

I allow myself to "build" a decent configuration for you to play WoT , and other games, making the most of your GTX 1060.

Mobos; Asrock B450 Steel Legend [form factor ITX] [97 euro] or MSI B450 Tomahawk Max [form factor ATX] [110/115 euro]

CPU; AMD Ryzen 5 3600 [180/190 euro] or AMD Ryzen 5 3400G [170 euro]

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB [8GB x2] 3200mhz cl16 [79 euro]

PSU; Seasonic GX-650Watt 80 gold plus [95 euro] or Sharkoon Gold Zero 650Watt 80 gold plus [73 euro] or Corsair TX650 Watt 80 gold plus [92 euro]

SSD; Sabrent M2 Nvme 256gb [49 euro]

With just 500 euros you have built an overkill pc to play each title AAA at 1080p at maximum details with an average of about 100 fps :)

[prices are taken from amazon italy]

Mount your 1060 and you solved all your problems, if the game crashes it means that your processor is now struggling to handle the game, as I said before you could try to do some overclocking but don't expect big improvements from a processor of the 2013.

I hope I was helpful.

Edited by ValkyrionX, 09 February 2020 - 12:33 PM.

ValkyrionX_TV #4 Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56925 battles

If you really do not have this money for a decent FHD gaming computer I recommend this software that removes unnecessary processes and closes programs in the background to increase the ram and cpu resources of your pc 

https://www2.razer.com/

disable unnecessary programs at startup, update all drivers and check the cpu temperatures while you play to understand if your cpu is not going into thermal throttling

https://www.iobit.com/it/driver-booster.php

of course you can upgrade to win 10 through win 7 without having to install it all over again

Dramya #5 Posted 09 February 2020 - 06:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17477 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
Core i5-2500t is indeed a bottleneck, it is 9 years old. However, this should not stall your game client in the way you describe. This sounds more like a hardware problem, more specific a hardware problem with your graphics card.

Aside from the card itself being faulty you could try to check the power supply connection, try to reseat the card in its slot or you could see if the card is particularly dusty or dirty. Possibly you have a connection problem or an overheating issue, this way you can try to rule those out.

Will not make your computer blazing fast of course, cpu is still a bit too old for current games.

JimMorr #6 Posted 09 February 2020 - 08:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24931 battles
  • [T9A] T9A

Well my computer has been evolving - updated piece by piece and this is the result. Probably I've got inside a HDD older even than CPU (as a second drive as wargaming stopped optimizing sound at some point and I had to purchase SDD drive). 

The error is present only in WoT - WoWS work without issues. I could update motherboard and CPU... If I was sure it will fix the issue. At this point it would be a pure gamble.

jack_timber #7 Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44665 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Just wondering if your problem is heat related, could be either, or both, GPU or CPU.

Install MSI afterburner so you can monitor the temps.

JimMorr #8 Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24931 battles
  • [T9A] T9A
The heat problems have been my first thought. I monitored it for some time (CPU) and there was nothing wrong with it. Maybe it is really hardware conflict. Strange as there have been no hardware changes in the period it happened for the first time. 

jack_timber #9 Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44665 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Try SD client and run windowed borderless, may help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users