With all this money being generated.

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

axelking227 #1 Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18799 battles
  • [S__L] S__L

Ill just put it out there .....with so much money being generated from selling tanks for 15k+ gold im sure we will be expecting new "diverse" not corridor maps or maybe improve grand battles as the same map over and over is about as exhausting as the 30 other garbage maps in the game .....just a though its not like you dont have the funds to do these things right ? or maybe the "special ammo" changes that wg have been talking about for a lifetime ....i dont see why any of these cant be acheived with so much funding.

Other AAA titles are having no problem making good changes and seeing as your charging as much as a AAA title costs (in some cashed 2x or even 3x) the cost of a AAA title game ....so crack on no excuses now :)  

^^^^ Who is this guy he must be joking ........i know XD

ChristOfTheAbyss #2 Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

We should see tomorrow a test of a huge change around about the ammo changes etc. , which I think will be a disaster as they wont touch tanks armours at all. All hail armour after the change! Like its not already that armoured tanks are most powerfull...

So in short, all that money wasted.

Wintermute_1 #3 Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:28 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53032 battles
All they are doing now is taking gold out of the game, the actual money was generated by selling loot boxes during December and they blew all that on having a free bar at the Christmas party.

axelking227 #4 Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18799 battles
  • [S__L] S__L

View PostWintermute_1, on 09 February 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

All they are doing now is taking gold out of the game, the actual money was generated by selling loot boxes during December and they blew all that on having a free bar at the Christmas party.

what and you think that gold isnt going to go back into the game.....dont make excuses for them 

NoFun4You #5 Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 44899 battles
  • [DPG2] DPG2

Fair point. Many have been asking for good new maps, or the return of old maps. Sometimes, we get some news that new maps are in the works, or old maps are getting attention. Just frustrating that it takes ages te see them released in the game. This would shurely keep the older playerbase interested in the game.

So I do look forward to new maps! Please please please …………...

Wintermute_1 #6 Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:37 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53032 battles

View Postaxelking227, on 09 February 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

what and you think that gold isnt going to go back into the game.....dont make excuses for them 

Depends on what people bought loot boxes for, if it was primarily to get one of 2 new premium tanks and getting the gold was a side effect, then 'no' they probably won't bother replacing it.

Ceeb #7 Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:53 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 34519 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
I doubt they have made much as you think to be honest. This event is about taking the gold reserves out the game.  people have loads of gold due to duplicates from the loot boxes.   While people have >30k gold, (maybe less than that) people wont buy any from the shop. 

Edited by Ceeb, 09 February 2020 - 11:53 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35922 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postaxelking227, on 09 February 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

Ill just put it out there .....with so much money being generated from selling tanks for 15k+ gold im sure we will be expecting new "diverse" not corridor maps or maybe improve grand battles as the same map over and over is about as exhausting as the 30 other garbage maps in the game .....just a though its not like you dont have the funds to do these things right ? or maybe the "special ammo" changes that wg have been talking about for a lifetime ....i dont see why any of these cant be acheived with so much funding.

Other AAA titles are having no problem making good changes and seeing as your charging as much as a AAA title costs (in some cashed 2x or even 3x) the cost of a AAA title game ....so crack on no excuses now :)  

With all this money being generated that must indicate a general overall satisfaction with the game is it is now because surely people wouldn't put money into a product they don't like, right?

So with that in mind why would WG change a formula that's clearly enjoyed by so many and generating that pile of money you referenced? It would be silly to change what works.

Polar_Shift #9 Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1765 battles

But Gentlefolks we have been getting new maps. Have you not noticed all the changes they have made to the current maps? Are these not now "new" maps? The elimination of cross fires and the much better placement of bushes that are broken. It is so exciting for Steve.

Redline Kemping is at an end the map corrections are making the maps dynamic and exciting to play. I love seeing heavies keeping arty company and the lights spotting from behind the heavies.

Now where did I put my medication...….

unhappy_bunny #10 Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:58 PM

Brigadier

• 20654 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postaxelking227, on 09 February 2020 - 10:20 AM, said:

Curious to know if you have actual figures for how much WG are getting from selling BM tanks for gold, or if it is just "feels"?

The only way WG are going to make money from this event is if players are buying gold for real money in order to buy a BM tank.

If most players are using gold already in their accounts then WG have already had that money. 

jabster #11 Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12813 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 09 February 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

Curious to know if you have actual figures for how much WG are getting from selling BM tanks for gold, or if it is just "feels"?

The only way WG are going to make money from this event is if players are buying gold for real money in order to buy a BM tank.

If most players are using gold already in their accounts then WG have already had that money. 

That’s not quite true though as reducing a player’s gold reserve does mean they are more likely to buy more sooner than they otherwise would have.

gunslingerXXX #12 Posted 09 February 2020 - 07:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13865 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Tomorrow I expect nothing more than an announcement that they are working on stuff and might have stuff ready soonTM. With no real info, just empty marketing promises. WG operates like an addict (for addicts). Promis stuff and don't follow through. And when stuff gets done, its usually one step forward, two steps back...

Spoiler

Oh and

Spoiler

1ucky #13 Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 90699 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

#DiminishingReturns

Balc0ra #14 Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75840 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
90% of that gold is from the Xmas boxes, not sales this week I'm willing to bet.  And most money from the last Xmas sale is... not used on maps. As we know the new map list this year is not long.

LethalWalou #15 Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34173 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View Postjabster, on 09 February 2020 - 01:04 PM, said:

That’s not quite true though as reducing a player’s gold reserve does mean they are more likely to buy more sooner than they otherwise would have.

Indeed, but that is not what the OP is talking about. The gold spent on the tanks is very likely not bringing money in right now. It will potentially have an effect in future, but the money isn't flowing now.

Edited by LethalWalou, 09 February 2020 - 11:12 PM.

Major_cjs #16 Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:28 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3945 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

They had to empty the economy after the christmas boxes, it had become bloated and the actual worth of gold had dropped due to it.

Granted, this isn't money in the bank right now but it does stabilise the economy and will lead to that players return to the regular gold spending from now on and therefore guarantee income that WG otherwise wouldn't have seen in the first part of this year. Quite genius, especially with the addition of bidding this time around, the tank that went for 25k Gold last year now probably had an avg of 45k Gold.  

malachi6 #17 Posted 10 February 2020 - 03:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51360 battles
Triple A titles that have claimed to be delaying game releases to improve the quality when everybody is aware that new consoles are releasing later this year?

So_So_English #18 Posted 10 February 2020 - 05:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10542 battles

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 09 February 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

We should see tomorrow a test of a huge change around about the ammo changes etc. , which I think will be a disaster as they wont touch tanks armours at all. All hail armour after the change! Like its not already that armoured tanks are most powerfull...

So in short, all that money wasted.

and yet armour is currently useless because of gold ammo and to make things 'balanced' we now have 279e etc

sooner ammo gets sorted the better

improve the game play, improve the game experience and improve the fun

jabster #19 Posted 10 February 2020 - 05:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12813 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostLethalWalou, on 09 February 2020 - 10:11 PM, said:

Indeed, but that is not what the OP is talking about. The gold spent on the tanks is very likely not bringing money in right now. It will potentially have an effect in future, but the money isn't flowing now.

Yes I realise that’s what the OP said.

ChristOfTheAbyss #20 Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostF2PEXP, on 10 February 2020 - 05:26 AM, said:

and yet armour is currently useless because of gold ammo and to make things 'balanced' we now have 279e etc

sooner ammo gets sorted the better

improve the game play, improve the game experience and improve the fun

Then why do armoured vehicles perform better than non armoured ones?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users