Messed up my Xmas crew, do you think it can be rolled back?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Daniel_M #1 Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 487 battles

Hello,

Last night I got up early to see this Black Market event. Then a little tired, decided to sort my crews.

I did the Xmas event to lvl 10, and got Stefan Clause and the girls, when I looked through my tanks I thought I had saw Stefan in the KV-1S, as he was not in the recruit section, only the 4 girls were, and as my T-50-2 had been on my mind I added 2+ 2 and came up with 5.

So I trained the girls into the T-50-2.

Then wondered why I had used the new commander in the KV-1S, and why no other tanks had a Santa in them! So went back to all crew members in barracks and it hit me, I had initially planned to use the five xmas crew from this year in the M6A2E1, and had trained Stefan for that, but then thought he would be better in the Super Hellcat so moved him to barracks, then grinded the Xmas Event to lvl 10 for the rest, but then was off the game for a while. It was Simon Claws in the KV-1S not Stefan, Stefan was sitting in barracks trained for M6A2E1 and was going to be retrained for Super Hellcat when I got paid.

I had fully intended to have my xmas females as gunner/driver/radio operator/loader in the Super Hellcat with Stefan commanding!

Do you think support would be kind enough to roll back my female recruits from the T-50-2 so I can put them where I was intending before I forgot?

Zmago5000 #2 Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15555 battles
Actually  the support has only 1 rule: Dont help unless you really must too,..so guess you know the drill

Strappster #3 Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28886 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I put my crew from the Lunar event into the Kranvagn because it was going to be Top of the Tree this month, then that was changed to the Progetto 65. I asked Support to reset the crew so I could move them over and was told it isn't possible. :(

You might be able to request a roll-back of your account, which means it gets reset to a particular point before you assigned the crew but you'll also lose all progress (credits and xp) you may have made since then. I didn't bother as I'd played a lot of Team Clash.

Homer_J #4 Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:55 AM

Field Marshal

• 33392 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDaniel_M, on 10 February 2020 - 07:04 AM, said:

Do you think support would be kind enough to roll back my female recruits from the T-50-2 so I can put them where I was intending before I forgot?

There is only one way to find out and it's not posting on the forums.

Even if you find someone who has asked for the same thing before it's no guarantee you will get the same response from support so go ahead and raise the ticket.

Zmago5000 #5 Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15555 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 10 February 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

There is only one way to find out and it's not posting on the forums.

Even if you find someone who has asked for the same thing before it's no guarantee you will get the same response from support so go ahead and raise the ticket.

sorry to say, but you should test this "support" of yours even once before you aplaude them,..EVEN ONCE:

I apologize for further saying in advance,... this is solely my opinion based on my experience,..they didnt helpm me even...once!

Your  support doesnt deserve the name let alone the paycheck...you might as well disolve the dept,...they are totaly useless and uncooperative even with things that could be solved let alone more complicated stuff they evem dont go there,... CANT BE DONE, SSRY is their 99% answer,...

RaxipIx #6 Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35920 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK
Ask support for  roll back. You will lose everything gained, after the roll back time. They did offor me a 5 h rollback when i made a bubu with the patriot. In the end i told them it's fine, and kept my progress for the 5h.

LethalWalou #7 Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34173 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostZmago5000, on 10 February 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

sorry to say, but you should test this "support" of yours even once before you aplaude them,..EVEN ONCE:

I apologize for further saying in advance,... this is solely my opinion based on my experience,..they didnt helpm me even...once!

Your  support doesnt deserve the name let alone the paycheck...you might as well disolve the dept,...they are totaly useless and uncooperative even with things that could be solved let alone more complicated stuff they evem dont go there,... CANT BE DONE, SSRY is their 99% answer,...

Well firstly Homer wasn't even ''applauding'' them, he was just stating a fact that just because someone might have gotten support to roll back their account, it's not guaranteed that OP will get the same.

And like you said, your experience is your personal one. I have had decent enough interactions with them. Every time I report someone for physics abuse, it gets sorted and the offender gets banned. I don't really use support for much else. I had problems dealing with them regarding the referral program where they didn't seem to understand the problem and thus couldn't tell me that if I had been a commander in a contract before, I can't be a recruit in future. Apparently even making a contract and then cancelling it right away counted as me being commander and ineligible to being a recruit. Took quite a few messages to get that sorted.

Homer_J #8 Posted 10 February 2020 - 01:14 PM

Field Marshal

• 33392 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostZmago5000, on 10 February 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

sorry to say, but you should test this "support" of yours

Mine?  You appear to be confused by the red title under my name.

As for experience with support every ticket I have ever opened has been dealt with swiftly and professionally.

Experience from other on the forum is mixed, I have seen cases where the same thing has been asked by different people and they have had different outcomes, I might suggest that the approach you take might have some bearing on it but also company policy changes over the years. 

For instance there was a recent case where someone wanted a refund on a premium tank which had been played, experience would say they had no chance but support actually refunded them.

Daniel_M #9 Posted 10 February 2020 - 01:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 487 battles

Well I got my reply.

Pretty dissappointed, genuine error on my part, so my money and time wasted as well as four Xmas crew that will not get used. Dont realy get it, not played for a while, nothing to lose by setting the account back a day, not played since I noticed my mistake, so seems more like WG saying we will not support or help because we cant be bothered.

I guess thats what happens when you think getting up at 4am is a good thing for a game you spend a little money on and occasionally play. No gold to retrain either but I guess the lesson is play less spend less and certainly dont get involved in using money or taking part in events in future.

Dear Daniel_M,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support.

Unfortunately all in-game actions made by players are final and can't be undone with the assistance of Support.

Also, it would be unfair towards other players.

We are sorry about this situation. If you have any other issues feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

Homer_J #10 Posted 10 February 2020 - 01:42 PM

Field Marshal

• 33392 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Interesting.  They certainly used to allow you to do an account rollback once with the downside of not being able to choose the precise point it would roll back to.

I wonder if asking the question differently would get a different response.

[added]

Hmm the wipe and rollback section on the support site only has instructions for a wipe now.

Edited by Homer_J, 10 February 2020 - 01:44 PM.

CmdRatScabies #11 Posted 10 February 2020 - 01:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I wouldn't worry too much.  There are so many special crews flying around at the moment you'll be able to replace them.  I have 14 female & specials (15 when Skill arrives) waiting to be recruited at the moment & nowhere to put them.

RaxipIx #12 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35920 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

I would reopen the ticket to be honest.

In my exp, although most cases were sorted  fast, some times i needed to insist, there was a ticket i re opened 3 times, before i suspect i got to someone high ranking enough in CS who actually understood what exactly my problem is, and who had the power to take such a decision.

I won't deny that there are plenty of cases were CS gives you a generic  response, but i knew i am in the right so kept insisting on it. 

Gruff_ #13 Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24331 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yeah try again - worse case scenario you still have 4 crew that you can train up in the t50 and then move to a different class within in the USSR line which gives you lots of tanks that are enjoyable eg IS3 heavy, T44/T3485 med SU100 TD etc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users