Jump to content


[Sandbox] New Balance Test Kicks off on February 10


  • Please log in to reply
854 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 35,338
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
The New Balance test server is opening for the final round of tests. Apply now!

The full text of the news item

HerrWizzard #2 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:25 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11161 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    08-21-2017

1st! :)

Why aren't you introducing balancing according to player rating?
even in team clash, we were on one side 4 players with 4/5k rating and the other 8/9k rating, while the enemy team was all 8-9k+ so guess who won and in how much time...
this is the biggest problem right now, not the HE, not arty or techtree....



nighthawk24 #3 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:30 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20146 battles
  • 181
  • Member since:
    03-29-2012
What are the new features available in the Test Server? I dont think all are available from the start.

parim1331 #4 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:36 PM

    Polish Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 8639 battles
  • 2,646
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View PostHerrWizzard, on 10 February 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

1st! :)

Why aren't you introducing balancing according to player rating?
even in team clash, we were on one side 4 players with 4/5k rating and the other 8/9k rating, while the enemy team was all 8-9k+ so guess who won and in how much time...
this is the biggest problem right now, not the HE, not arty or techtree....

 

We do have that kind of matchmaking on Ranked Battles. However, It has been mentioned before that such functionality won't be added to Random Battles.

 

View Postnighthawk24, on 10 February 2020 - 04:30 PM, said:

What are the new features available in the Test Server? I dont think all are available from the start.

 

As far as I know, most should be available.



OofBerry #5 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:37 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23255 battles
  • 202
  • Member since:
    05-27-2015

*
POPULAR

Some flawed tech trees here. For a start, there is no variety at tier 2 now. A player sees BC 155 58 and wants it (not even told what spgs are at this point). Well they start in a light at tier 1 and 2, and then at tier 3 a medium. That makes sense but then their straight into a td with a different playstyle at tier 4, of which they would not know how to play as effictivly as alot of what they have learnt at tiers 1-3 will be irrelivant in a non-turreted td. Eventually they grind the tier 5 , and wow they are told they can pick a free tier 6 tank to research (as per the tutorial) and they get into the tier 6 arty. And wow, they've grinded to tier 6 and only now being introduced to this brand new artilery, that plays nothing like any tank they've been introduced to before and likley will suck in it - and this is the tier players are meant to be getting more exprerienced by.

 

And even if they remove skipping from tier 5 to 6 from the tutorial, they are still going to be put in a tier 5 spg with absolutly no idea how to play it and likley play it worse than they would play the tier 1 when they first played, due to everything they learnt from tiers 1-4 being completely irrleivant and actually counter-productive to spg play. (Playing like a regular tank).



Gremlin182 #6 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:41 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66702 battles
  • 10,833
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Quite excited by this though a few details I will have to check during and after the test.

KV2 seems unaffected by the HE changes though probably not all derp tanks.

It might no longer be worth using the 105 on the Hetzer M4 Sherman at tier 5 and 6 the PzIV H all popular derp tanks.

The Japanese Heavies from tier 5 and up all seem to be popular with derp guns.

 

Some of the British tanks are unclear it might be that HESH is having its pen reduced but an increase in damage so as to make them still usable.

Thats a little weird considering the Type 5 Heavy had special ammo that had increased damage but same pen as standard HE and it was changed to have same damage but increased pen.

A Japanese Hesh type round.

 

What about the Black Dog light that has some very effective HEP ie HESH rounds I assume that pen will be much reduced.

What is meant by the T49 and Sheridan having lower pen rounds but still being effective.

 

SO many questions so off to the test to check them out right after I get my Gold Waffentrager E100 at 4 pm today



GENERATOR2142 #7 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:44 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 17518 battles
  • 53
  • [RDDTY] RDDTY
  • Member since:
    05-31-2011
Nerfing HE in this manner is a direct buff to lightly armored vehicles, did you take this into consideration?

parim1331 #8 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:44 PM

    Polish Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 8639 battles
  • 2,646
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View PostOofBerry, on 10 February 2020 - 04:37 PM, said:

Some flawed tech trees here. For a start, there is no variety at tier 2 now. A player sees BC 155 58 and wants it (not even told what spgs are at this point). Well they start in a light at tier 1 and 2, and then at tier 3 a medium. That makes sense but then their straight into a td with a different playstyle at tier 4, of which they would not know how to play as effictivly as alot of what they have learnt at tiers 1-3 will be irrelivant in a non-turreted td. Eventually they grind the tier 5 , and wow they are told they can pick a free tier 6 tank to research (as per the tutorial) and they get into the tier 6 arty. And wow, they've grinded to tier 6 and only now being introduced to this brand new artilery, that plays nothing like any tank they've been introduced to before and likley will suck in it - and this is the tier players are meant to be getting more exprerienced by.

 

And even if they remove skipping from tier 5 to 6 from the tutorial, they are still going to be put in a tier 5 spg with absolutly no idea how to play it and likley play it worse than they would play the tier 1 when they first played, due to everything they learnt from tiers 1-4 being completely irrleivant and actually counter-productive to spg play. (Playing like a regular tank).

 

The lesser amount of choices at the beginning proves to create a much better, and easier learning curve for new players. Also, the further you go, the more you can see that  the power progression has also been balanced.

 

View PostGremlin182, on 10 February 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

Quite excited by this though a few details I will have to check during and after the test.

KV2 seems unaffected by the HE changes though probably not all derp tanks.

It might no longer be worth using the 105 on the Hetzer M4 Sherman at tier 5 and 6 the PzIV H all popular derp tanks.

The Japanese Heavies from tier 5 and up all seem to be popular with derp guns.

 

Some of the British tanks are unclear it might be that HESH is having its pen reduced but an increase in damage so as to make them still usable.

Thats a little weird considering the Type 5 Heavy had special ammo that had increased damage but same pen as standard HE and it was changed to have same damage but increased pen.

A Japanese Hesh type round.

 

What about the Black Dog light that has some very effective HEP ie HESH rounds I assume that pen will be much reduced.

What is meant by the T49 and Sheridan having lower pen rounds but still being effective.

 

SO many questions so off to the test to check them out right after I get my Gold Waffentrager E100 at 4 pm today

 

As far as I know, the KV-2 is one of the unaffected tanks when it comes to HE changes. This should be officially confirmed later on.



Killingnuggets #9 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:46 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18444 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    05-16-2014

Will the shell changes affect the FV215b (183) since it's a premium?

 

What about tanks that have only caliber above 150 like Obj 704? It has 0.44 dispersion and has no armor. How do you want to do dmg in some cases if you can't hit weakspots on superheavies and until now you shot HE? Will you do like 100 instead of 3-400?



RedJester #10 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23991 battles
  • 697
  • Member since:
    12-28-2017

View PostGremlin182, on 10 February 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

Quite excited by this though a few details I will have to check during and after the test.

KV2 seems unaffected by the HE changes though probably not all derp tanks.

It might no longer be worth using the 105 on the Hetzer M4 Sherman at tier 5 and 6 the PzIV H all popular derp tanks.

The Japanese Heavies from tier 5 and up all seem to be popular with derp guns.

 

Some of the British tanks are unclear it might be that HESH is having its pen reduced but an increase in damage so as to make them still usable.

Thats a little weird considering the Type 5 Heavy had special ammo that had increased damage but same pen as standard HE and it was changed to have same damage but increased pen.

A Japanese Hesh type round.

 

What about the Black Dog light that has some very effective HEP ie HESH rounds I assume that pen will be much reduced.

What is meant by the T49 and Sheridan having lower pen rounds but still being effective.

 

SO many questions so off to the test to check them out right after I get my Gold Waffentrager E100 at 4 pm today

I'd rather they left derps as they are, they're fun. I got a Radley Walters in the Pz IV the other day and the tank is a lot of fun, as is the Hetzer. They will be ruined. 



leFH_is_balanced #11 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:49 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21343 battles
  • 125
  • Member since:
    05-17-2011

View PostKillingnuggets, on 10 February 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

Will the shell changes affect the FV215b (183) since it's a premium?

 

What about tanks that have only caliber above 150 like Obj 704? It has 0.44 dispersion and has no armor. How do you want to do dmg in some cases if you can't hit weakspots on superheavies and until now you shot HE? Will you do like 100 instead of 3-400?

Yes and yes.

It is a buff to hulldown heavies and a punch in the face for light tanks who have high HE pen as their speciality like Blackdog, HWK or RU.



FrantisekBascovansky #12 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:49 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 47776 battles
  • 1,103
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

Shells rebalance still looks like complete disaster.

KV-2 and ® HE only exception is really stupid to be honest. Where's M4 Sherman, Pz IV H and other howitzer tanks? They are not russian, huh?



parim1331 #13 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:50 PM

    Polish Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 8639 battles
  • 2,646
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View PostKillingnuggets, on 10 February 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

Will the shell changes affect the FV215b (183) since it's a premium?

 

What about tanks that have only caliber above 150 like Obj 704? It has 0.44 dispersion and has no armor. How do you want to do dmg in some cases if you can't hit weakspots on superheavies and until now you shot HE? Will you do like 100 instead of 3-400?

 

Technically it's not a premium, but a special tank. And yes, the changes also affect it.

 

Regarding other tanks, still depends on the outcome of the actual tests I reckon.



TinCanCrusher #14 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:50 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 38778 battles
  • 164
  • Member since:
    04-16-2013

For the first time since the introduction of HD-maps (1.0) I feel a positive energy entering the test server. These ammo changes looks really interesting. At least on paper.

 

And scaling down on low tier tanks and reorganizing current tech trees are great ideas. 


Edited by TinCanCrusher, 10 February 2020 - 04:53 PM.


parim1331 #15 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:51 PM

    Polish Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 8639 battles
  • 2,646
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 10 February 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

Shells rebalance still looks like complete disaster.

KV-2 and ® HE only exception is really stupid to be honest. Where's M4 Sherman, Pz IV H and other howitzer tanks? They are not russian, huh?

 

Personally, I think it looks like that on higher tiers, much more game knowledge will be needed to brawl HT's. But we will see.

 

To be honest I can't wait to see the actual changes on the live server.



Nickelchen #16 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:54 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 36019 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011

Block Quote

A special shell, on the contrary, has the highest armor penetration, but deals less damage compared to the standard one. The cost of this shell is several times higher than that of the standard round.

 

Mistake #1

 

Block Quote

HE shells, which in the old system differed from others due to their higher penetration values, now do more damage as compensation.

 

Mistake #2

 

Block Quote

Artillery is also an essential part of the game ecosystem

 

Mistake #3



Ankot #17 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14222 battles
  • 486
  • [-N-L-] -N-L-
  • Member since:
    08-14-2011

Everything seems fine here apart from the HE rework which is just about the stupidest thing I've Heard. Literally noone was complaining about the HE mechanics, why change them? However the reduction in damage for gold ammo is very nice, and a much needed buff for the Maus. 

 

Guess I have to grind the hell out of the T-54 so I can get the T-62A before it disappears.  

 



Enherjaren #18 Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 79507 battles
  • 843
  • [SOUPS] SOUPS
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostGENERATOR2142, on 10 February 2020 - 04:44 PM, said:

Nerfing HE in this manner is a direct buff to lightly armored vehicles, did you take this into consideration?



...and FV 4005 and other light armored tanks/vehicles. 



Homer_J #19 Posted 10 February 2020 - 05:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 34002 battles
  • 38,987
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostleFH_is_balanced, on 10 February 2020 - 03:49 PM, said:

 

It is a buff to hulldown heavies

 

How?

 

The reduced pen is irrelevant since you wouldn't pen anyway.  The reduced damage is offset by not instantly having your damage halved for not penetrating.

 

Testing will tell but it shouldn't make that much difference.



theVenom #20 Posted 10 February 2020 - 05:10 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 37367 battles
  • 79
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

View PostAnkot, on 10 February 2020 - 03:56 PM, said:

Everything seems fine here apart from the HE rework which is just about the stupidest thing I've Heard. Literally noone was complaining about the HE mechanics, why change them? However the reduction in damage for gold ammo is very nice, and a much needed buff for the Maus. 

 

Guess I have to grind the hell out of the T-54 so I can get the T-62A before it disappears.  

 

I read in an older thread, the average russian does not shoot gold when he can't pen, he switches to HE. Instead of fixing each moronic HE derp on its own, Wargaming takes the easy route and destroys a whole dynamic.

16:12 Added after 2 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 10 February 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

 

How?

 

The reduced pen is irrelevant since you wouldn't pen anyway.  The reduced damage is offset by not instantly having your damage halved for not penetrating.

 

Testing will tell but it shouldn't make that much difference.

That is not true. Best example is the t49. Any american tank will get hit by 900Damage into the back with the actual system. In the future you need to triple the primary damage to do something similar to weekpoints.


Edited by theVenom, 10 February 2020 - 05:14 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users