Sandbox, shells and arty

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49170 battles

as I have essentially stopped playing because of the game changes over last few years from just before 1.0,  MM which is terrifyingly bad but mainly the artillery changes which added bigger splash radius and stun I am amazed to see that Wg are increasing the splash radius of shells

seriously?

why are you insisting on driving away your players?  I hardly play now and I have played for free for well over a year as I refused to renew my account simply because you are refusing to honour you commitment to remove arty and your description of arty players as autistic, and now you are buffing it?

please don't go through with this, its just more nails in your coffin and the catastrophic drop in player numbers since 2016/17 must surely at some stage make you think again ?

edit   the other shell rework looks ok and the HP buff I get but it does seem like WG doing everything in the most complicated fashion possible again and the consequences will probably seriously change the game in ways unforeseen and untested as the sandbox has never been a success and the feedback that has been previously offered has been universally ignored by WG to their cost.  Hopefully this time WG will listen, although I wont wait with any hope.

Sadly I see no removal of the template MM system which would truly improve the game with its deletion

Edited by _Anarchistic_, 11 February 2020 - 08:51 AM.

jack_timber #2 Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:52 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42884 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Looks like a buff to arty then and here's me thinking arty was getting nerfed.

Did WG really indicate they were getting rid of arty or was it scurrilous gossip.....

Edited by jack_timber, 11 February 2020 - 08:59 AM.

Neil_DaGrassSmokingTyson #3 Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47111 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

The strange thing is I'm a well known arty hater, can't stand the mode but I do actually think these changes taking the class back towards when they were actually useful in the game. So basically WG just made as it used to be so the last 4 years have been a little bit of a waste.

As the pen was dramatically nerfed I often felt being a predominantly medium/light tank player this forced arty players to focus more on us than on the actual tanks they are there to feed on e.g the big flat slow heavy tanks and supers. Hopefully getting some pen back this will avert some of the attention away from the meds again.

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostSignal11th, on 11 February 2020 - 08:32 AM, said:

The strange thing is I'm a well known arty hater, can't stand the mode but I do actually think these changes taking the class back towards when they were actually useful in the game. So basically WG just made as it used to be so the last 4 years have been a little bit of a waste.

As the pen was dramatically nerfed I often felt being a predominantly medium/light tank player this forced arty players to focus more on us than on the actual tanks they are there to feed on e.g the big flat slow heavy tanks and supers. Hopefully getting some pen back this will avert some of the attention away from the meds again.

Wow that's really clutching at straws to find something positive out of disgusting arty buff. "Maybe if I hide behind a house they'll move on and shoot someone else" that sort of thing. There's nothing positive about it. They retain their last re-balancing accuracy buff with which we currently see light tanks and fast meds ridiculously being hit, crippled and even one-shot from the other side of the map at full speed or else shotgunned in close quarter by SPG at full traverse and full dispersion bloom and yet with this sandbox there was a genuine opportunity to effectively nerf their damage dealing potential by keeping their damage at their current levels same as the gold ammo thing but instead just to show their playerbase that complain everyday about this overpowered damage dealing braindead class of "tanks", what WG have done is basically given everyone the middle finger, completely ignored the infinitesimal posts of complaints over 9-10 years and actually retained SPG's accuracy and given them both a 20% alpha buff and it gets even better lol, also a 10% splash radius buff in exchange for some non-damage dealing stun.... this company deserves to go under and at this point, even as a long term fan of this game, I actually hope it does. 

TankkiPoju #5 Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:02 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24785 battles

WG should just remove clickers from game and add bigger turret weakspots to heavies.

Done and done.

EDIT: T110E5 is a prime example of what a balanced heavy tank should be in this game. Yes, I know most dumbasses want it buffed. They are just plain wrong.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 11 February 2020 - 10:03 AM.

Neil_DaGrassSmokingTyson #6 Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:03 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47111 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 February 2020 - 08:57 AM, said:

Wow that's really clutching at straws to find something positive out of disgusting arty buff. "Maybe if I hide behind a house they'll move on and shoot someone else" that sort of thing. There's nothing positive about it. They retain their last re-balancing accuracy buff with which we currently see light tanks and fast meds ridiculously being hit, crippled and even one-shot from the other side of the map at full speed or else shotgunned in close quarter by SPG at full traverse and full dispersion bloom and yet with this sandbox there was a genuine opportunity to effectively nerf their damage dealing potential by keeping their damage at their current levels same as the gold ammo thing but instead just to show their playerbase that complain everyday about this overpowered damage dealing braindead class of "tanks", what WG have done is basically given everyone the middle finger, completely ignored the infinitesimal posts of complaints over 9-10 years and actually retained SPG's accuracy and given them both a 20% alpha buff and it gets even better lol, also a 10% splash radius buff in exchange for some non-damage dealing stun.... this company deserves to go under and at this point, even as a long term fan of this game, I actually hope it does. 

The thing is Tungsten is people have to get arty removal out of their heads, it's literally never going to happen. The reason is WG use the arty mechanic as a catch all for bad players they would otherwise lose so it makes them more money to keep it than they would make if they removed it. Once this sets in then you realise you have to then at least make the mode useful. Believe me I wish they would remove it but it's not going to happen. Instead of though making the mode more challenging to play they keep tinkering with things that aren't really relevant and to be honest as you said completely ignore what everyone complains about.

The whole mode needs a root and branch change but as I said it take WG 4 years to change ammo so anything else is just a pipe dream. My issue is more with stun than being hit and stun is getting "changed" so for me its a positive. I don't really care about pen changes to much becuase most of the tanks I play get penned anyway with the current values.

Edited by Signal11th, 11 February 2020 - 10:06 AM.

DaddysLittlePrincess #7 Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30272 battles
  • [GHS] GHS

View PostSignal11th, on 11 February 2020 - 09:03 AM, said:

The reason is WG use the arty mechanic as a catch all for bad players they would otherwise lose so it makes them more money to keep it than they would make if they removed it. 

I don't think arty players pay that much money, as premium ammo doesn't really change that much. And WG actually fixing this problem (their problem), by making premium ammo the only ammo that deals dmg (the "fun" ammo). Basically, like current FV4005 - the only way the tank works is full HESH.

Edited by DaddysLittlePrincess, 11 February 2020 - 10:24 AM.

Dramya #8 Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16651 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 February 2020 - 10:57 AM, said:

I'm not going to ask if you are an arty player, because clearly you are such a fervent arty hater you would never play this tank class. I would however ask you to try it out for a few times, see how "accurate" you are in your games. I would ask you to try to hit that light tank on the full move in the middle of Malinovka, or better yet, try to hit that fully aimed shot on a stationary tank. You will notice that with all the talk about arty "accuracy" you will still miss a lot of shots completely and most of your shots will do little damage. You only notice that one shot that killed a light on the full move, not the 99 before it that missed and did nothing.

And no, I'm not arty lover or hater, I just play them for the missions. I just don't feel like all the arty hate is always justified.

Neil_DaGrassSmokingTyson #9 Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47111 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 11 February 2020 - 09:23 AM, said:

I don't think arty players pay that much money, as premium ammo doesn't really change that much. And WG actually fixing this problem (their problem), by making premium ammo the only ammo that deals dmg (the "fun" ammo). Basically, like current FV4005 - the only way the tank works is full HESH.

It's not always about money, its about numbers and with numbers comes money directly or indirectly because of this. Also the majority of people that play this game are actually pretty bad at it. So thats a lot of potential players they might leave if they didn't have something easy to play like arty to give them some sense of "doing something instead of just dying quickly getting annoyed and leaving the game"

Edited by Signal11th, 11 February 2020 - 10:36 AM.

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

The thing is Tungsten is people have to get arty removal out of their heads, it's literally never going to happen. 

Who said anything about arty removal? The opportunity was right there with the sandbox to simply just leave them as they currently are which will translate, after all tanks get a 20% hp buff, as arty being 20% less damaging. But they didn't, because their ignorant and disrespectful to their playerbase, so what they have done with the sandbox is added a new shell type for SPG, which effectively restores their damage dealing by being 20% more alpha and they go even further by also making increasing this shells splash radius. There was absolutely no reason to do that.

The reason is WG use the arty mechanic as a catch all for bad players they would otherwise lose so it makes them more money to keep it than they would make if they removed it.

Lose useless parasitic players that feed off the work others do from their zero risk redline that requires no tank knowledge or hitting weakspots at all? good. Losing money? I can't see how, can anyone explain that to me? I played two campaigns with SPG and kept playing them until both campaigns were completed with honors. Did I need a premium account? Nope, Did I pay money? Nope. Do players need to pay money to play SPG? Nope. So I don't see it, you don't need to pay money to run and play SPG, they're basically just a disgusting free to play class for morons that can't play the game. I don't see how these players if they feel a nerfed damage dealing SPG offering is worth leaving the game over is bad thing. Have a nice day, get out. Bad players lost sure but no money lost, a lot of balance and more enjoyable game gained which in turn will attract more players and the right kind of players, players than want to play tanks not click on maps and players that mostly will pay money too since they are now enjoying themselves a lot more.

Once this sets in then you realise you have to then at least make the mode useful. Believe me I wish they would remove it but it's not going to happen. Instead of though making the mode more challenging to play they keep tinkering with things that aren't really relevant and to be honest as you said completely ignore what everyone complains about.

The whole mode needs a root and branch change but as I said it take WG 4 years to change ammo so anything else is just a pipe dream. My issue is more with stun than being hit and stun is getting "changed" so for me its a positive. I don't really care about pen changes to much becuase most of the tanks I play get penned anyway with the current values.

Well I think you're putting a very positive spin on things and that's commendable even if it's just the sort of "well, at least we're not dead" sort of somewhat passive positivity lol. There's nothing positive about it though, where there's an option to deal more damage that becomes the only option and so that's how SPG is going to be. If those 2 in the balance department at WG actually think that any SPG player is going to chose either of the other two ammo types instead of the one with 20% more alpha and splash radius then their even more clueless than I first thought. The effects of stun was too powerful too btw. It rendered a tanks fighting, spotting, accuracy capacity way too incapacitated. 

09:37 Added after 2 minute

View PostDramya, on 11 February 2020 - 09:27 AM, said:

I'm not going to ask if you are an arty player, because clearly you are such a fervent arty hater you would never play this tank class. I would however ask you to try it out for a few times, see how "accurate" you are in your games. I would ask you to try to hit that light tank on the full move in the middle of Malinovka, or better yet, try to hit that fully aimed shot on a stationary tank. You will notice that with all the talk about arty "accuracy" you will still miss a lot of shots completely and most of your shots will do little damage. You only notice that one shot that killed a light on the full move, not the 99 before it that missed and did nothing.

And no, I'm not arty lover or hater, I just play them for the missions. I just don't feel like all the arty hate is always justified.

I have player SPG 434 times through 2 sets of campaigns with honors.  They're over powered risk free parasitic damage dealers, nothing more credible than that. 

09:45 Added after 10 minute

Just to show how disconnected these balance department guys at WG are. Compare my T49 derp with some other T9 tanks I have played a lot of battles with and in it we can explore how over powered and broken the derp gun is shall we? I feel I can use myself here because its not about player skill and more about the consistency that comes with just using one player playing these tanks. In other words, what I can achieve with each tank will be down to the tank itself since my skill level will be constant regardless of which tank it right? Therefore its the tanks attributes which will allow me to deal more or less damage right?

T49 Derp. Average damage - 1,457

Standard B                           - 2,607

Leo PTA                                - 2,405 

Yes lets nerf the HE slinging T49 it's clearly over powered. :facepalm:

tajj7 #11 Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29084 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postjack_timber, on 11 February 2020 - 07:52 AM, said:

Looks like a buff to arty then and here's me thinking arty was getting nerfed.

It's a nerf, its just subtle. 

Arty standard shell damage with the stun is doing the same damage as it does now, but HP pools have all increased, so effectively standard arty shells do less damage than they do now.

If you want to the same proportional damage you do now, with new HP pools, then you have to fire premium HE, but that has no stun ability.

You can maybe argue that the AP shells are a buff, but they do so little damage and are so unreliable on arty I realistically can't see many people using them.

Also even more so for tier 6 and below arty, because their damage has not changed, so for example an M44 does 550 damage with standard rounds, but now tier 6 mediums have over 1k HP, so it effectively is a big nerf to the OP tier 5 and 6 arties. 

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 11 February 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

but mainly the artillery changes which added bigger splash radius and stun I am amazed to see that Wg are increasing the splash radius of shells

seriously?

They aren't. I suggest you go look at the sandbox server yourself.

I've only looked at M53/M55 and S-51 as those are the only arties I own, but I'd presume if this was correct for them its correct for all.

Splash radius is the SAME, for standard shells and premium HE as it is now. 

This is actually a nerf to arty, albeit a minor one. 

TungstenHitman #12 Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View Posttajj7, on 11 February 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

This is actually a nerf to arty, albeit a minor one. 

And yet in the their sandbox vid it clearly states the option to chose an SPG shell type which increases alpha 20% making their over powered damage dealing just the same as it currently is but also more when you factor that this same shell gets a 10% splash radius increase too. So no it's "actually a nerf" unless you play them with standard ammo which pretty much nobody is going to do. It's like the way an FV4005 has the HESH option, that's what players currently use with that tank and premium ammo is what SPG players will use in the new changes too. 

The most hilariously cringe part of all this is that this sandbox change is actually supposed to NERF premium ammo, but with SPG they actually make it outright a more powerful damage dealing pay to win shell which is what this ammo-re-balance is supposedly meant to remove from the game.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:57 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35855 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 February 2020 - 09:57 AM, said:

There's nothing positive about it. They retain their last re-balancing accuracy buff with which we currently see light tanks and fast meds ridiculously being hit, crippled and even one-shot from the other side of the map at full speed or else shotgunned in close quarter by SPG at full traverse and full dispersion bloom

If you're in a light and getting reliably hit from the other side of the map then that is 100% your own fault. Try not driving in a straight line.

As for the the shells. The AP/HEAT shells seem pretty useless. About the only time you would want to have one loaded is if a light was making a run on you for reliable damage and then you don't have the time to reload one anyway. The rest of the time why would I want to fire a shell that stands a good chance of missing completely and doing zero damage, hitting the target but bouncing and doing zero damage or hitting and penning and doing a worthless amount of damage that I could have easily achived better firing standard shells that didn't even hit. If i'm risking multiple zero damge shots then when they do go in those AP shells need to be doing JgpzE100 levels of damage to make them actually worthwhile to be firing.

tajj7 #14 Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29084 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 February 2020 - 09:57 AM, said:

And yet in the their sandbox vid it clearly states the option to chose an SPG shell type which increases alpha 20% making their over powered damage dealing just the same as it currently is but also more when you factor that this same shell gets a 10% splash radius increase too. So no it's "actually a nerf" unless you play them with standard ammo which pretty much nobody is going to do. It's like the way an FV4005 has the HESH option, that's what players currently use with that tank and premium ammo is what SPG players will use in the new changes too. 

The most hilariously cringe part of all this is that this sandbox change is actually supposed to NERF premium ammo, but with SPG they actually make it outright a more powerful damage dealing pay to win shell which is what this ammo-re-balance is supposedly meant to remove from the game.

Premium ammo on arty has no stun though, so that annoyance is gone and you are basically getting the same damage as now, with a tiny bit more splash (which is largely irrelevant). Also playing arty with just premium rounds is an expensive business, on the M54/M55 they are 8k credits a go, which is 183 HESH prices, but you are doing nowhere near the same level of damage. (and no additional credits due assistance from stun)

I'd imagine a lot of people will struggle to consistently to do that because they will lose money every game even with a premium account. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:07 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35855 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Posttajj7, on 11 February 2020 - 11:00 AM, said:

Premium ammo on arty has no stun though, so that annoyance is gone and you are basically getting the same damage as now, with a tiny bit more splash (which is largely irrelevant). Also playing arty with just premium rounds is an expensive business, on the M54/M55 they are 8k credits a go, which is 183 HESH prices, but you are doing nowhere near the same level of damage. (and no additional credits due assistance from stun)

I'd imagine a lot of people will struggle to consistently to do that because they will lose money every game even with a premium account. 

Yep, about the only use case for the premium would be if a game devolves into a corner fight with a whole bunch of tanks clustered so much that dropping one on them would hit worthwhile numbers or if there is an extremely low HP tank hiding around a corner that you really want to dig out. Anything else standard rounds with the benefit of the stun assist points seem far more worthwhile to be firing.

TungstenHitman #16 Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View Posttajj7, on 11 February 2020 - 10:00 AM, said:

Well we'll have to wait and see but I really wouldn't see it going that way and here's why. Even the WG devs themselves said this about ammo costs and I quote "In the heat of battle, players are not immediately concerned about game economics, they just want to win" or something to that degree I'll check it later and it was that sentiments they applied the premium ammo to, since basically they concluded players are not concerned about cost in the heat of battle and just want to do the most damage they can and win, which I agree with because it's true.

Now they've hypocritically back peddled on that with SPG by making it's premium ammo option a blatant 20% damage increase pay to win option and completely needlessly. All they needed to do with SPG was not include this premium ammo type and it was suddenly much more balanced.

8k per shell is not going to stop a player using it. Why? 8k is practically nothing in this game we see players buying crewbooks for millions a pop and snapping up BK tanks for millions, am I supposed to think 8k per shot to deal 20% more damage along with a bigger splash radius is going to deter anyone from using it and in the heat of battle? No more so than I see players not using HESH on an FV4005 or not using premium ammo on the Type5 derp of old. It's just a straight up pay to win option, blatantly so and lets not forget we're dealing with SPG here, they have a long reload it's not like 8k per shot for 8 shots per minute... SPG won't be making a whole lot of shots compared to other gold slingers so for that reason it won't cost a whole lot to run and because it's so slow to reload an SPG player is most likely to pre-load gold ammo since there's just not enough time to reload and not always that many opportunities so they will most definitely want to make the most of what potentially few opportunities they do get, I certainly would, anyone would, it makes sense.

A player can talk mud about these scenarios where you wait for enemy tanks to group here and go there, they are all still more attractive to deal damage than stun with less damage plus as mentioned with reload time a player is never going to risk that the few opportunities they do get is ever going to be worth dropping 20% damage and a greater splash radius in favor of some stun.

Thing about stun is it does not remove damage and a targeted player can either wait for it to pass if they are in a position to do so or just use a med kit if they so have one which most likely they will and med kits replenish not much longer after an SPG will reload, depending on the SPG but damage is damage... damage cannot be healed or replenished it is gone and stays gone, THAT is the more attractive option and apart from capping if you want to win in this game its about removing damage and killing tanks, so it's a no-brainer when you put all that together with the slow reloads, cheap 8k shots and the potential for not than many opportunities anyway, a SPG player will most effeminately want to make the most of each chance, WG devs have given them a pay to win option to do that. It's pathetic and no different to HESH or a Type5 Derp option of old in which 2 key = more damage.

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

Oh and btw the splash radius buff with that big alpha is actually pretty significant and not to be dismissed or considered balanced by no stun which as mentioned does not remove hp and can be either removed with a med kit or waited out most times. If you were to get splashed by a regular SPG ammo it will do a certain amount of damage, already ridiculous as you guys know, -350 dmg, a bust tank and possibly a crewman or two dead from a missed shot, that's just dumb, but with a premium ammo option, even if it didn't have a greater splash radius, because it's 20% more alpha it's ALREADY going to do more damage from the same splash radius right? By way of being a greater alpha? Sure it is obviously but because these premium big alpha SPG shells also get a bigger radius it's even more damage than just a straight up bigger alpha shell because it now encompasses a greater radius range and of course, also removes small amounts of hp, possibly tracks some damaged tracks on tanks that would not have been effected at all if the radius was not bigger, fact. 

Now you guys will have played and won some epic battles with just a little tiny amount of hp left on your tank, sure you have I know you have. This disgusting pay to win big alpha shell with greater radius is just going to pretty much pay to win those situations in which a smaller alpha shell with less radius would neither have had enough dmg to kill you or wouldn't have had enough range on its splash radius to kill you, it's disgusting.

ValkyrionX_TV #18 Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 56025 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

as regards the MM of the game you are wrong, the MM has improved a lot over the years and it seems to me a discussion that is out of place and your point of view is totally wrong and out of reality.

A game with different tier vehicles cannot have an MM equal to +/-0 or + 1/-1 as it would be technically unsustainable.

As for the arty, the change is partially positive, except that the stun still remains a part of the game and that special He ammunition is even introduced which causes more damage but without stun, basically p2w ammunition.

Re-introducing heat and ap with sensible alpha damage is fine.
Remove stun damage/effect and reduce splash and limit max 2 arty per game.

The change in ammunition and HP of the vehicles is the worst thing that the wg has ever proposed and would result in a buff to all the most armored vehicles in the game making the vehicles of other classes useless and above all putting even more in difficulty lower tier against higher tier vehicles.
Instead of balancing vehicles, they give buffs to hp and alpha damage while leaving vehicles that need balancing intact.
Very little sensible.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35855 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 February 2020 - 11:54 AM, said:

A player can talk mud about these scenarios where you wait for enemy tanks to group here and go there, they are all still more attractive to deal damage than stun with less damage plus as mentioned with reload time a player is never going to risk that the few opportunities they do get is ever going to be worth dropping 20% damage and a greater splash radius in favor of some stun.

Thing about stun is it does not remove damage and a targeted player can either wait for it to pass if they are in a position to do so or just use a med kit if they so have one which most likely they will and med kits replenish not much longer after an SPG will reload, depending on the SPG but damage is damage... damage cannot be healed or replenished it is gone and stays gone, THAT is the more attractive option and apart from capping if you want to win in this game its about removing damage and killing tanks, so it's a no-brainer when you put all that together with the slow reloads, cheap 8k shots and the potential for not than many opportunities anyway, a SPG player will most effeminately want to make the most of each chance, WG devs have given them a pay to win option to do that. It's pathetic and no different to HESH or a Type5 Derp option of old in which 2 key = more damage.

Not at all, the stun assist is a very valuable source of additional XP for the arty player, far more than you would get from a small amount of additional splash damage from a premium shell and a significant help to your team if you're smart about where/when you're dropping your shells.

I'm not sure what kind of medkits you're using but I can assure you I can put out a lot more stun damage over time than you have any hope of mitigating if you plan to sit there and eat it and if you want to hide and let it wear off then fine, you do that and while you're doing it my team is free to progress uncontested.

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 11 February 2020 - 12:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 11 February 2020 - 11:08 AM, said:

Not at all, the stun assist is a very valuable source of additional XP for the arty player, far more than you would get from a small amount of additional splash damage from a premium shell and a significant help to your team if you're smart about where/when you're dropping your shells.

I'm not sure what kind of medkits you're using but I can assure you I can put out a lot more stun damage over time than you have any hope of mitigating if you plan to sit there and eat it and if you want to hide and let it wear off then fine, you do that and while you're doing it my team is free to progress uncontested.

Stun assist is situational and relies on your teammates, not you, so no, it's the less appealing option. Damage is damage, deal enough of it and you win. You can stun tanks all battle long and won't remove 1 hp of damage just create openings for your teammates to exploit which from my experiences was rare as players are generally cowardly and passive, they are even worse now and more clueless than ever so the logic choice is to deal more damage and to a greater radius which also saps targets of repairs, breaks tracks guns, kills more crew etc, all of which is more influential and crippling than some stun, arguably creating more exploitable situations for my teammates than stun ever could along with the extra damage and assist returns. 

Med kits replenish fast enough in conjunction with taking a slight back peddle from frontline action during and support for a little bit enough so they are never really far away from being in a state of almost perma-replenished at least that's what I find. I'm rarely too inconvenienced by being stunned, I'm very much inconvenienced by losing hp and having my tank and crew bust up. So if I'm playing an SPG, I go with damage dealing every time clearly, along with as mentioned, the slow reload removing the luxury of risking playing the lessor alpha and the fact that there's not always lots of juicy opportunities for have a go at worth risking losing out of more damage and a greater radius which will still bag me some damage more than a smaller radius that won't get me something from a missed target at all. 

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 11 February 2020 - 10:07 AM, said:

if there is an extremely low HP tank hiding around a corner that you really want to dig out. 

You're actually giving a perfect example of pay to win there. In other words your standard ammo won't do so you press 2 key for extra skill. Thanks for highlighting that for us. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 11 February 2020 - 12:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users