'Black Market'? more like 'Complete Disappointment'

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

saurilian #1 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13901 battles

I'm gonna comment on each offer one by one to explain why I think Black Market was a complete disaster this year. 

Deal 1: Lansen C - In my opinion the best offer on whole market but alot of people didn't bought it because they thought something better will appear or they just missed it

Deal 2: AMX 13 57 GF - 5 000 gold worth item for 7,000 gold.

Deal 3: Chrysler GF - Fourth of four somewhat good offers. Problem with this vehicle is that it's special ammo magnet crap because most of same tier tanks literally can't penetrate this thing frontally. Almost useless for free to play players that won't be able to do much with 198 standard penetration. It's also a drama tank. 

Deal 4: 105 Lefh18B2 - Absolutely disguisting seal clubbing overpowered vehicle that shouldn't be sold or bought but I guess some people just enjoy ruining their favorite game. It doesn't matter how cheap it was - the tank is bad for the game and is ruining everyone's time when grinding a new tank or just coming new to the game. Why would I want to buy this? 

Deal 5: SU 76i - Another disguisting seal clubbing tank that is just a product of smart marketing as it's not as overpowered as people think it is. DezGames predicted this after it got removed and y'all didn't listen. I won't even talk about how Wargaming messed up with correctly implementing this tank into Black Market and players garages.

Deal 6: Caernarvon AX - A decent premium tank, but for gold. If I wanted it I'd buy it already before.

Deal 7: Deathstar - Probably 2nd or 3rd best offer in the market. I honestly think you'd be better off getting FV4002 as the armor really doesn't matter much, but I know some people think differently. It's also a very expensive tank to run and its gun is very RNG based. It's also slap in a face for anyone that didn't knew about upcoming HE rebalance, which will change this tank alot. It's still a decent offer, but nothing that makes the Market not a complete disappointment

Deal 8: Type 59 G - I mean, it's a icon of Black Market and a very cool offer that keeps the market intresting for players with heavy money. This offer would be fine if there was more items sold for credits. Now you will drive this tank and remind everyone how big of a disappointment Black Market was. I wanted to get it for 25 000 but unfortunately people went crazy with their bids. It's okay.

Deal 9: Pz. Kpfw. 38 H - First joke of Black Market. Disguisting, overpriced and a bit too good tank that promotes seal clubbing. Why would you spend 9 500 gold on a tank and to not play it afterwards? Imagine being a comany, having a big seal clubbing problem, creating a program that helps people have a more enjoyable early game experince, encourage experienced players to help new ones with starting by giving them rewards then to sell a tier II tank to mostly experienced players so they can fight with absolute beginners. A tank nobody asked for and noone wanted. 

Deal 10: Schwarz. 58 - In my opinion 2nd or 3rd best offer in whole market. The tank is decent but nothing to lose mind for. A cheap, cool offer for free to play players that know how to play Leopard 1 and need a crew trainer/credit maker. Unfortunately many people assumed nobody will want it and missed the sale by bidding too less. It's a decent offer, but it doesn't make Black Market any much better as there was only 5 credit based offers. 

Deal 11 - 3 First Campaign Orders - Suprising deal, that in my opinion was a waste of place. Not many people could make a use of it, it's only 3 orders and it's for gold, so free to play players can go f themselves. 

Deal 12: Obj 261 Style - The second joke of Black Market. Why would you want a style for a machine that keeps its focus above the map most of the time and all it does is sit in the bushes and click all over the place. The offer would be fine if there was more styles for actual tanks, like Kranvagn and IS-3 style that weren't avaiable to buy yet. Useless offer for anyone that hates artillery (80% of playerbase) and free to play players. Absolute waste of offer and complete disappointment.

Deal 13: EBR 75 FL 10 - stupid, overpriced deal. Not the biggest yet still one of Black Market jokes. The tank was sold for 32,99 EUR not that long time ago and the lowest bid was for 35,78 EUR. With HE changes coming soon you'd be better off getting Lynx as the only really difference beetwen these tanks are HE demage potential and premium status. 

Deal 14... THE FINAL JOKE: BT-SV for 10,000,000 credits lowest. I'm not even gonna comment much on this one. It's a overpriced seal clubbing tier III crap that absolutely noone asked for and nobody wanted. Very disappointing waste of final offer, that many people hoped would be Foch 155. I was one of them. I waited for this tank whole year, skipped the Deathstar as I thought the Foch will come as well. Extremely disappointing offer and it just made me sad...

I'm not a man of complaing, I'll move on. This post is for people that were very disappointed with the event and feel a need to criticize Wargaming and for Wargaming to maybe realize something and atleast sell Foch 155 today, with one more offer. Last year we had 15 offers, this year we can have 15 too. It's not the best tank, alot of people might not like it, it's still a cool, unique tier X tank that people can actually use without ruining battles for new players. And if not, please Wargaming, don't repeat your mistakes and make a better event next year. Take your very obvious community feedback and make better deals next year. You made alot of people hate you even more. Many people sold alot of their tanks and now will have to grind additional credits for 10% compensation and 50% loss on equipment & regular techtree tanks, for basically nothing.

The amount of items avaiable to buy by free-to-play player was significantly lower this time than last year. It only gives the feel the whole event was created only to sink gold from people's account. I'm know the idea behind the event had this as a priority, but it doesn't need to be that obvious. Now, all this event did is confirm alot of people negative feelings about Wargaming relationship with money. The offers should be atleast 50% for credits and 50% for gold.

Don't give up on free to players - You will absolutely destroy this community. 

Here is a good Reddit post that concludes the free to play player 2020/2019 Black Market offers: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/f2mcgf/wot_black_market_2019_vs_2020/

Edited by saurilian, 13 February 2020 - 12:14 PM.

JCD3nton #2 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30158 battles

Last year I spent like 70M credits on Black Market.

This year I had 35M credits before Black Market and now I have 37 million credits.

It was as bad as the shell rebalance.

Edited by JCD3nton, 12 February 2020 - 09:13 AM.

Zuxx #3 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36179 battles
  • [TOMO] TOMO

View Postsaurilian, on 12 February 2020 - 09:06 AM, said:

I'm gonna comment on each offer one by one to explain why I think Black Market was a complete disaster this year. 

Deal 1: Lansen C - In my opinion the best offer on whole market but alot of people didn't bought it because they thought something better will appear or they just missed it

Most people didn't buy it because it lasted 1 minute and most of us were at work, an auction would have given more chances to regular people, but why care wargaming.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:22 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35855 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Complaining about missing out on a tank because you thought something better might come up instead or you didn't want to bid that high is pretty ridiculous. That's just user failure. 

Ceeb #5 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:23 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 34519 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

OP, I totally agree,   I spend 15k gold from the 40k I had for the SU-76i,  and its broken but not impossible to beat, Think I've played 4-5 games in it. in a three man SU-76i platoon, if Friendly fire was on, I'd be dead just after the match got underway....

I might as well be kicking puppies.  If I could return it and get my gold back. I would.

The whole BM as been dressed up as this amazing thing with great offers, this wasnt. it was a pile of steaming dog poo, that we the customers picked up without a doggy poo bag.

#failmarket2020 (if only i was on twitter)

TheDrownedApe #6 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:24 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51275 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

i agree that it was mostly useless.

However the Deathstar will be useless in a couple of patches if the HE nerf is implemented = useless offer

The Su isn't OP at all and you ask anyone who already owns it and they will tell you it's boring to play

So your "top deals" are pretty useless too. making the whole event actually even worse than you first thought

Edited by TheDrownedApe, 12 February 2020 - 09:26 AM.

saurilian #7 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13901 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 12 February 2020 - 09:22 AM, said:

Complaining about missing out on a tank because you thought something better might come up instead or you didn't want to bid that high is pretty ridiculous. That's just user failure. 

The idea behind this post isn't to complain only that I didn't get Foch 155 or that some people bid too low, it's that the event was a complete disaster and needs to be criticized. I agree with you, I made a mistake assuming Wargaming will sell cool stuff on Black Market. 

Kill_Broccoli #8 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24236 battles
  • [TAAAC] TAAAC

View PostJCD3nton, on 12 February 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

It was as bad as the shell rebalance.

Possibly worse.

In the end the only rewarded were the people who had no life schedule, able to log in at 5pm to get something and/or big pockets to bag OP tanks like the Ebr. And this not counting the debacle of the leffe for 300gold and the wrong su for 15k.

Really makes me wonder if it makes any sense keep spending for this game.

Ceeb #9 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 34519 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostKill_Broccoli, on 12 February 2020 - 08:26 AM, said:

Thats funny, we were discussing this exact topic on TS last night.  I have 53 days of prem left and 22k gold left, which if I continue to play (might just take a break) after the 53 days (plus the 7 I'll get from the tank rewards) 

saurilian #10 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13901 battles

View PostKill_Broccoli, on 12 February 2020 - 09:26 AM, said:

Possibly worse.

In the end the only rewarded were the people who had no life schedule, able to log in at 5pm to get something and/or big pockets to bag OP tanks like the Ebr. And this not counting the debacle of the leffe for 300gold and the wrong su for 15k.

Well I'm certainly not willing to spend my money on anything in this game anymore. Wargaming is making too many mistakes and they don't deserve more funds.

Edited by saurilian, 12 February 2020 - 09:36 AM.

tajj7 #11 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29084 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postsaurilian, on 12 February 2020 - 08:06 AM, said:

Deal 1: Lansen C  Would have been slightly tempted to buy this for credits as have been tempted to pick this up before, but was at work so had no chance. 

Deal 2: AMX 13 57 GF  Got

Deal 3: Chrysler GF  Got

Deal 4: 105 Lefh18B2 Got, someone gave me a code for this years ago but they need to stop selling this OP thing 

Deal 5: SU 76i No interest in playing lower tiers

Deal 6: Caernarvon AX Got in a marathon for a heavy discount.

Deal 7: Deathstar Grinded it and bought it for credits. 

Deal 8: Type 59 G Got the normal version in the xmas boxes and have no interest in a garish version. 

Deal 9: Pz. Kpfw. 38 H Lower tiers. 

Deal 10: Schwarz. 58  Got (well have the Mutz and don't play it as its meh)

Deal 11 - 3 First Campaign Orders  Finished the 260 like 3 years ago. 

Deal 12: Obj 261 Style A style for arty is just lol. 

Deal 13: EBR 75 FL 10 Bought this heavily discounted in a marathon. 

Deal 14... THE FINAL JOKE: BT-SV  Lower tiers again. 

For longer time in the game, experienced and active players like me, the BM has been pretty irrelevant (both versions in fact.  I have no interest in lower tier clubbing tanks and the vast majority of the rest I have already and many I got cheaper than on the BM. 

I suppose I should be thankful the Waffle E100 or similar wasn't in there. 

But in the two versions I have bought one tank, the Panzer V/IV, so that is what 28 deals, 1 purchase, 1 I might have gone for if it wasn't a 1 minute sale whilst I was at work. 

I think the feedback for this thing is going to overall pretty negative, I mean the awkward times for most of Europe, the mess up on the SU-76 and the general lack of 'special' tanks available. 

nakkipeppu #12 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34306 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

Honestly ?

Last time I bought three tanks for credits, one for gold.

This time I bought three tanks for credits, and got the order bundle + 261 skin.

I don't really see much difference on the offering - what you were expecting really to be that dissappointed ? It was bunch of tier 8 prems, low tier prems, some overpriced offers last time as well. This time auctions saved me a bunch of credits, and I guess helped with with the whole "be there at 17:00 sharp or miss out" problem.

Timezones were worse than last year. I don't think they'll ever get it right unless they break 12h cycle or move to auctions completely. 

And regarding items for sale - it's different strokes anyway. I had use for order bundle, and am happy with the 261 skin. The low-tier prems I can't understand why they sold for that much, but I'm not slagging those who purchased them (if they're not slagging me for purchasing 261 skin ! :D). I don't see much of a seal clubbing problem, as the numbers of those tanks are very limited (as are the tanks performancewise). I'm guessing bunch of people willing to round out their collections enjoyed those.

I never expected every offer to be tailored for me, and with there being such a wide variety of different kind of items, the next level is really purchasing  a reach-around from SerB.

I'd give a solid "bit upbeat shrug" for this event.

RaxipIx #13 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35906 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

I agree. Like mostly low tier clubbing tanks. Not only that, but prices were pretty ridiculous to be honest. The only thing i would have picked up is lansen, but i missed the offer.

I'm fine with styles, but for the russian arty? What a joke.

I have 42 mil credits, like 30 more in consumables. Minimum 100 more in tanks i dont play any more, and still i find 10 mil credits min bid for a tier 3 tank bonkers

NUKLEAR_SLUG #14 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:53 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35855 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Posttajj7, on 12 February 2020 - 09:38 AM, said:

I think the feedback for this thing is going to overall pretty negative, I mean the awkward times for most of Europe, the mess up on the SU-76 and the general lack of 'special' tanks available. 

This is the only real failure of the event, the piss awkward times. As far tanks/offers go WG can only put an offer up and after that it will be interesting to some, not to others. Some will have it already, some won't. That's just how it goes and they'll never please everybody. 

Times tho they certainly can fix or better still do the auction thing for all offers so that everyone has a better chance of being able to participate. Even better, extend the BM event to two weeks and run each auction for 24hrs that way if you can't participate tough luck, but it isn't WG at fault you happen to live on an oil rig in the middle of nowhere. 

OrtegaSLO #15 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45433 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

View Postsaurilian, on 12 February 2020 - 09:06 AM, said:

Deal 2: AMX 13 57 GF - 5 000 gold worth item for 7,000 gold.

Deal 3: Chrysler GF - Fourth of four somewhat good offers. Problem with this vehicle is that it's special ammo magnet crap because most of same tier tanks literally can't penetrate this thing frontally. Almost useless for free to play players that won't be able to do much with 198 standard penetration. It's also a drama tank. 

Deal 4: 105 Lefh18B2 - Absolutely disguisting seal clubbing overpowered vehicle that shouldn't be sold or bought but I guess some people just enjoy ruining their favorite game. It doesn't matter how cheap it was - the tank is bad for the game and is ruining everyone's time when grinding a new tank or just coming new to the game. Why would I want to buy this? 

Deal 5: SU 76i - Another disguisting seal clubbing tank that is just a product of smart marketing as it's not as overpowered as people think it is. DezGames predicted this after it got removed and y'all didn't listen. I won't even talk about how Wargaming messed up with correctly implementing this tank into Black Market and players garages.

Deal 6: Caernarvon AX - A decent premium tank, but for gold. If I wanted it I'd buy it already before.

Deal 7: Deathstar - Probably 2nd or 3rd best offer in the market. I honestly think you'd be better off getting FV4002 as the armor really doesn't matter much, but I know some people think differently. It's also a very expensive tank to run and its gun is very RNG based. It's also slap in a face for anyone that didn't knew about upcoming HE rebalance, which will change this tank alot. It's still a decent offer, but nothing that makes the Market not a complete disappointment

Deal 8: Type 59 G - I mean, it's a icon of Black Market and a very cool offer that keeps the market intresting for players with heavy money. This offer would be fine if there was more items sold for credits. Now you will drive this tank and remind everyone how big of a disappointment Black Market was. I wanted to get it for 25 000 but unfortunately people went crazy with their bids. It's okay.

Deal 9: Pz. Kpfw. 38 H - First joke of Black Market. Disguisting, overpriced and a bit too good tank that promotes seal clubbing. Why would you spend 9 500 gold on a tank and to not play it afterwards? Imagine being a comany, having a big seal clubbing problem, creating a program that helps people have a more enjoyable early game experince, encourage experienced players to help new ones with starting by giving them rewards then to sell a tier II tank to mostly experienced players so they can fight with absolute beginners. A tank nobody asked for and noone wanted. 

Deal 10: Schwarz. 58 - In my opinion 2nd or 3rd best offer in whole market. The tank is decent but nothing to lose mind for. A cheap, cool offer for free to play players that know how to play Leopard 1 and need a crew trainer/credit maker. Unfortunately many people assumed nobody will want it and missed the sale by bidding too less. It's a decent offer, but it doesn't make Black Market any much better as there was only 5 credit based offers. 

Deal 11 - 3 First Campaign Orders - Suprising deal, that in my opinion was a waste of place. Not many people could make a use of it, it's only 3 orders and it's for gold, so free to play players can go f themselves. 

Deal 12: Obj 261 Style - The second joke of Black Market. Why would you want a style for a machine that keeps its focus above the map most of the time and all it does is sit in the bushes and click all over the place. The offer would be fine if there was more styles for actual tanks, like Kranvagn and IS-3 style that weren't avaiable to buy yet. Useless offer for anyone that hates artillery (80% of playerbase) and free to play players. Absolute waste of offer and complete disappointment.

Deal 13: EBR 75 FL 10 - stupid, overpriced deal. Not the biggest yet still one of Black Market jokes. The tank was sold for 32,99 EUR not that long time ago and the lowest bid was for 35,78 EUR. With HE changes coming soon you'd be better off getting Lynx as the only really difference beetwen these tanks are HE demage potential and premium status. 

Deal 14... THE FINAL JOKE: BT-SV for 10,000,000 credits lowest. I'm not even gonna comment much on this one. It's a overpriced seal clubbing tier III crap that absolutely noone asked for and nobody wanted. Very disappointing waste of final offer, that many people hoped would be Foch 155. I was one of them. I waited for this tank whole year, skipped the Deathstar as I thought the Foch will come as well. Extremely disappointing offer and it just made me sad...

I'm not a man of complaing, I'll move on. This post is for people that were very disappointed with the event and feel a need to criticize Wargaming and for Wargaming to maybe realize something and atleast sell Foch 155 today, with one more offer. Last year we had 15 offers, this year we can have 15 too. It's not the best tank, alot of people might not like it, it's still a cool, unique tier X tank that people can actually use without ruining battles for new players. And if not, please Wargaming, don't repeat your mistakes and make a better event next year. Take your very obvious community feedback and make better deals next year. You made alot of people hate you even more. Many people sold alot of their tanks and now will have to grind additional credits for 10% compensation and 50% loss on equipment & regular techtree tanks, for basically nothing.

The amount of items avaiable to buy by free-to-play player was significantly lower this time than last year. It only gives the feel the whole event was created only to sink gold from people's account. I'm know the idea behind the event had this as a priority, but it doesn't need to be that obvious. Now, all this event did is confirm alot of people negative feelings about Wargaming relationship with money. The offers should be atleast 50% for credits and 50% for gold. Don't give up on free to players - You will absolutely destroy this community. Here is a good Reddit post that concludes the free to play player 2020/2019 Black Market offers: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/f2mcgf/wot_black_market_2019_vs_2020/

And for everyone disappointed... 

Just move on. Make a comment or two here and there, criticize them but don't litter your mind with complaining about something that might not change. You still can enjoy this game without special Black Market tanks and you still have alot of other cool things to do. 

Keep your head up. It's just a video game...

Deal 1: Lansen C - Owned it before BM

Deal 2: AMX 13 57 - Owned it before BM

Deal 3: Chrysler GF - Got it for cheap. Its a decent tank. I don't use gold ammo on premium tanks, 

Deal 4: 105 Lefh18B2 - Owned it before BM

Deal 5: SU 76i - I owned chinese t4 td so. Could not get it because of WG screw up.  Still waiting for WG to sort this.

Deal 6: Caernarvon AX - Bought it for cheap. Low alpha but you can keep enemy tracked.  

Deal 7: Deathstar - Owned it before BM

Deal 8: Type 59 G - I own regular one. Im not willing to spend 42k gold on a paint :)

Deal 9: Pz. Kpfw. 38 H - Owned it before BM

Deal 10: Schwarz. 58 - Trash tank, Don't like it.  But its 5mio credits for 4350 gold tradein value cant complain.  

Deal 11 - 3 First Campaign Orders - Waste of BM slot.

Deal 12: Obj 261 Style - Waste of BM slot.

Deal 13: EBR 75 FL 10 - Owned it before BM

Deal 14; BT-SV - I will try to get it but not for 20mio. 

Missing the special 4 offers that were announced in trailers. 
WG Where are they ?

Edited by OrtegaSLO, 12 February 2020 - 10:00 AM.

Negativvv #16 Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:59 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15097 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
This BM was uninspiring. There's plenty of tanks but WG repeated a good chunk of the offers and had lots of low tier rubbish too. Not even mentioning the overpriced "deals".

Bora_BOOM #17 Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 30483 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

I would list the good deals BUT it doesn't mean that the way they were sold in a good manner OR that tanks are good/bad/broken:

1. Leffe for 300 gold - great deal, fast sale, broken vehicle that shouldn't be in BM at all (wg should skip selling that thing permanently)

2. Lansen, credits - good deal, decent tank

3. Black Mutz (Schwarzennegger something...), credits - ok-ish tank, fair price, nothing speshul - which makes this offer a nice one

4. 3 orders for 1500 gold - yeah, I know, d.ck move, but only a handful will make real use of that (260 or maybe t55a)

5. Deathstar - pricy, decent tank, unique, if HE doesn't hurt it much its a fine deal

So, people had a certain chance to buy at least something (I got Mutz, orders and a Deathstar).

Overall, the BM format should be revised, both in terms of offers (tanks mainly) and auction/sale times (5AM is dumb imo).

This year BM was MOSTLY A GOLD GRABBING EVENT (type59G, mini mouse, su, ebr....).

BlackBloodBandit #18 Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9036 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 12 February 2020 - 09:22 AM, said:

Failure? If people go to a store, they don't come there to gamble, but buy something for a fixed price.

HerrWizo #19 Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39469 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

Credits spent: 0

Gold spent: 0

Regrets: 0

Kill_Broccoli #20 Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24236 battles
  • [TAAAC] TAAAC

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 12 February 2020 - 09:53 AM, said:

This is the only real failure of the event, the piss awkward times.

Nope, the akward times is one, the big other one is that they offered (or at least they tried) 3 or 4 (depending on your thoughts on the type 59) way to good tanks for gold only, and absurde amount.

It's no different than the 99€ package for the pzJ, pure p2w.

And no, it's not healthy at all for the game.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users